TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

83%
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

tuesdayninja

Bronze

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Post by tuesdayninja » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:30 pm

Stylnator wrote:
Rigo wrote:
Stylnator wrote:I found something fun to do in our downtime!

https://twitter.com/official_lsat/statu ... 8425762816
Ugh idk how I feel about this.
On one hand, faster grading.
On the other, I can't imagine doing a lot of the LSAT without being able to physically write on the exam.
Maybe they will still give us the physical exam to mark up but instead of fucking with a scantron we just submit online?
I think that they'd probably still allow for scrap paper since they already do that. I love to eliminate answers by crossing them off on the page though and I can't imagine what it would be like trying to remember the choices i'd already crossed off in my head.

Kind of wish I was still studying b/c this seems like a great way to get some prep while making an easy $100
There's some sick part of me that misses the LSAT. Might do this for the shits and gigs.

potterotter

Bronze

Post by potterotter » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:31 pm

---
Last edited by potterotter on Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Instrumental

Silver

Post by Instrumental » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:41 pm

Rigo wrote:Yeah the biggest hurdle will be RC I think.

I also cross off every wrong answer as I go so a tablet/computer would really mess up my groove.
Ah yeah, I wonder if the tablets have the tech that allows you to make annotations with a stylus on whatever is displayed. Also wondering if you'll have to scroll down the screen at all to get through a passage. It also seems like with a tablet, you'd have to flip between the questions and the RC passage which was unnecessary with the paper test booklet.
tuesdayninja wrote:There's some sick part of me that misses the LSAT. Might do this for the shits and gigs.
I don't miss the LSAT, but having not done any LSAT test or studying for almost four months now, I wonder how poorly I would do. hahaha.

Nightwing

Bronze

Post by Nightwing » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:58 pm

tuesdayninja wrote: There's some sick part of me that misses the LSAT. Might do this for the shits and gigs.
I miss the LSAT too. Studying for it and receiving my score was the happiest time of my entire application season. Constant improvement and positive reinforcement through practice tests, the delusional hope that showing law schools what I could do would get me in, the joyous thrill of getting the real score...

Versus helplessly waiting weeks and months after applying to get waitlist after waitlist and be told I'm not good enough over and over again. Sign me up for the transparent test that actually shows me what I did wrong instead any day. Plus logical reasoning and games are fun.

haley12

Silver

Post by haley12 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:25 pm

Nightwing wrote:
tuesdayninja wrote: There's some sick part of me that misses the LSAT. Might do this for the shits and gigs.
I miss the LSAT too. Studying for it and receiving my score was the happiest time of my entire application season. Constant improvement and positive reinforcement through practice tests, the delusional hope that showing law schools what I could do would get me in, the joyous thrill of getting the real score...

Versus helplessly waiting weeks and months after applying to get waitlist after waitlist and be told I'm not good enough over and over again. Sign me up for the transparent test that actually shows me what I did wrong instead any day. Plus logical reasoning and games are fun.
+1

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

RParadela

Silver

Post by RParadela » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:56 pm

tuesdayninja wrote:
Stylnator wrote:
Rigo wrote:

On the other, I can't imagine doing a lot of the LSAT without being able to physically write on the exam.
Maybe they will still give us the physical exam to mark up but instead of fucking with a scantron we just submit online?
I think that they'd probably still allow for scrap paper since they already do that. I love to eliminate answers by crossing them off on the page though and I can't imagine what it would be like trying to remember the choices i'd already crossed off in my head.

Kind of wish I was still studying b/c this seems like a great way to get some prep while making an easy $100
There's some sick part of me that misses the LSAT. Might do this for the shits and gigs.
I don't understand why, but +1

sorence

Bronze

Post by sorence » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:02 pm

RParadela wrote:
tuesdayninja wrote:
Stylnator wrote:
Rigo wrote:

I take the new logic games when I can get my hands on them.. they can be fun when your future isn't riding on them :lol:

dietcoke1

Silver

Post by dietcoke1 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:05 pm

4 more schools to hear from. soooooooooooooooooo ready for this to be over.

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:11 pm

dietcoke1 wrote:4 more schools to hear from. soooooooooooooooooo ready for this to be over.
+1

going to visit 5 schools in the next week, and I so desperately want to make a decision after I've seen them all. I just want to plan my life out (slash move on with my life :lol:) already!!!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

futureellewoods123

Bronze

Post by futureellewoods123 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:12 pm

dietcoke1 wrote:4 more schools to hear from. soooooooooooooooooo ready for this to be over.
Me too. I have 9 left

dietcoke1

Silver

Post by dietcoke1 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:19 pm

airwrecka wrote:
+1

going to visit 5 schools in the next week, and I so desperately want to make a decision after I've seen them all. I just want to plan my life out (slash move on with my life :lol:) already!!!
same. I still have 2 more schools to visit but the schools I've already visited have made me want to move on, quit my job and just begin law school already.

govlife

Bronze

Post by govlife » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:45 pm

RParadela wrote:
tuesdayninja wrote:
Stylnator wrote:
Rigo wrote:

+180 It's the weirdest thing.

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Post by Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:51 pm

govlife wrote:
RParadela wrote:
tuesdayninja wrote:
Stylnator wrote:
Rigo wrote:

+180 It's the weirdest thing.
No greater feeling than banging out that 5 section PT, guessing your score in your head based on how many Qs you got wrong on each section (can't score before you BR!!!!) and then looking up apartments near Cambridge.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Monday

Silver

Post by Monday » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:55 pm

Last edited by Monday on Wed May 10, 2017 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Post by Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:59 pm

Monday wrote:
Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:No greater feeling than banging out that 5 section PT, guessing your score in your head based on how many Qs you got wrong on each section (can't score before you BR!!!!) and then looking up apartments near Cambridge.
This induces stress, not good feelings.
That usually came afterwards, when I actually graded it.

TexasENG

Silver

Post by TexasENG » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:05 pm

Just received an email from a TTT.

First line reads.
Dear «First_Name_Prospect»,

Good job guys

curry1

Silver

Post by curry1 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:33 pm

This is a friendly reminder for those who have narrowed their school list down to withdraw from schools they aren't seriously considering anymore. :D

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

chandhi

Gold

Post by chandhi » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:23 pm

curry1 wrote:This is a friendly reminder for those who have narrowed their school list down to withdraw from schools they aren't seriously considering anymore. :D
Did this today and immediately got my first ding.

IT'S A TRAP

Dodocogon

Silver

Post by Dodocogon » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:12 am

Got a new amex card today and they gave me a $10k limit - my current card is only $2k and my income definitely doesn't warrant that high of one.. I mean my credit is good but :shock:

You all keep me responsible okay - this is just for me to get cash back on groceries lol

ashrice13

Gold

Post by ashrice13 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:19 am

Dodocogon wrote:Got a new amex card today and they gave me a $10k limit - my current card is only $2k and my income definitely doesn't warrant that high of one.. I mean my credit is good but :shock:

You all keep me responsible okay - this is just for me to get cash back on groceries lol
This is why I don't have a CC. One day I'd be using it just for gas and next thing I know I'd be traveling across Europe. It's a slippery slope.

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Post by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:24 am

Dodocogon wrote:Got a new amex card today and they gave me a $10k limit - my current card is only $2k and my income definitely doesn't warrant that high of one.. I mean my credit is good but :shock:

I got 10k on the amex too! The fact that it's not accepted everywhere makes it easier to stay good on it.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jhc14

New

Post by jhc14 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:28 am

For those on waitlists, how long are you willing to hold out before just making a choice? I've heard stories of people getting accepted at their top choices the week before classes and I can't imagine scrambling to a school that last minute.

Dodocogon

Silver

Post by Dodocogon » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:42 am

ashrice13 wrote:This is why I don't have a CC. One day I'd be using it just for gas and next thing I know I'd be traveling across Europe. It's a slippery slope.
Gotta build dat credit tho

Plus the bonuses/cash back are nice. Gonna get $250 back in a couple months just for paying utilities and buying things I would have anyway
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:I got 10k on the amex too! The fact that it's not accepted everywhere makes it easier to stay good on it.
Yeah that's what I was thinking. I'm glad I started with a lower card (5% back on amazon ayy) but with me traveling more recently my utilization of my credit has been high so this will help (a lot more than I expected) with that.

haley12

Silver

Post by haley12 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:43 am

jhc14 wrote:For those on waitlists, how long are you willing to hold out before just making a choice? I've heard stories of people getting accepted at their top choices the week before classes and I can't imagine scrambling to a school that last minute.
I'll hold out until the bitter end... worth it.

Monday

Silver

Post by Monday » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:48 am

Last edited by Monday on Wed May 10, 2017 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”