TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

83%
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

RParadela

Silver

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby RParadela » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:30 pm

dasq5511 wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:
Pozzo wrote:Guys, I just booked a vacation for next month. Best thing I've done for my psyche since I started studying for the LSAT.

Where to? I'm going back and forth with when I want to leave my job, and then if I want to/can spend money on a vacation.

Not OP but I'm doing the typical SE Asia backpacking trip

You going alone or do you have a friend/SO going with you? I was 100% set on backpacking this summer but my friends dropped out and I don't want to do it alone

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:58 pm

RParadela wrote:
dasq5511 wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:
Pozzo wrote:Guys, I just booked a vacation for next month. Best thing I've done for my psyche since I started studying for the LSAT.

Where to? I'm going back and forth with when I want to leave my job, and then if I want to/can spend money on a vacation.

You going alone or do you have a friend/SO going with you? I was 100% set on backpacking this summer but my friends dropped out and I don't want to do it alone

I'm pretty sure I'm going to make a Vegas trip sometime before 1L.

dasq5511

Bronze

Postby dasq5511 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:32 pm

RParadela wrote:
dasq5511 wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:

All of my friends are looking for jobs/internships for the summer or busy for some other reason so I'll be by myself most of the time but might meet up with friends/cousins for part of it. Travelling for like 7-8 weeks total and might meet up with people for 1-2 weeks.

Pozzo

Gold

Postby Pozzo » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:51 pm

Shakawkaw wrote:

Planning a super chill couple of nights at an Airbnb cabin in the mountains.

You should totally do it.

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:52 pm

Set up a week long boat trip down to/ hangout in the keys for June. Now I just feel like time is going twice as slow.

That will be an amazing trip though

Keilz

Gold

Postby Keilz » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:16 pm

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:Set up a week long boat trip down to/ hangout in the keys for June. Now I just feel like time is going twice as slow.

That will be an amazing trip though

sounds awesome. Went to Key West last year and loved it. I'm so eager to plan a vacation with my boyfriend who is going to graduate med school this year, but I want to make a deposit on a school first.

somedeadman

Bronze

Postby somedeadman » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:16 pm

I just want to join the hallowed halls where Richard Nixon once roamed. Is that truly too much to ask?

RParadela

Silver

Postby RParadela » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:56 pm

dasq5511 wrote:
RParadela wrote:
dasq5511 wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:

All of my friends are looking for jobs/internships for the summer or busy for some other reason so I'll be by myself most of the time but might meet up with friends/cousins for part of it. Travelling for like 7-8 weeks total and might meet up with people for 1-2 weeks.

I'm pretty cool with doing things by myself but idk if I could travel alone like that. Kinda jealous you're cool with it because I really want to backpack at some point

Shakawkaw

Gold

Postby Shakawkaw » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:10 pm

Pozzo wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:

This sounds amazing. Are you doing it solo? (Question goes for everyone planning a trip.)

Protein - take me wit u 2 Vegas ~*~*~

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:14 pm

Backpacking and mountains gross

Baby Gaga

Bronze

Postby Baby Gaga » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:19 pm

RParadela wrote:
dasq5511 wrote:
RParadela wrote:
dasq5511 wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:

I'm pretty cool with doing things by myself but idk if I could travel alone like that. Kinda jealous you're cool with it because I really want to backpack at some point

I traveled alone for a backpacking trip last year and it's amazing. Making friends at hostels is easy. It was just 3 weeks tho, I don't know if I could do it for 2 months

dasq5511

Bronze

Postby dasq5511 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:28 pm

Baby Gaga wrote:
RParadela wrote:
dasq5511 wrote:
RParadela wrote:
dasq5511 wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:

I traveled alone for a backpacking trip last year and it's amazing. Making friends at hostels is easy. It was just 3 weeks tho, I don't know if I could do it for 2 months

Obviously kinda intimidated because I've never spent that much time on my own before, especially in foreign countries, but also super psyched. Definitely didn't want to let this time go considering the next time I can just take 2 months to travel is not likely to be anytime soon. I'm fairly social as is but I'm also hoping this forces me to be more outgoing and ballsy since the alternative is not speaking to anyone.

Shakawkaw

Gold

Postby Shakawkaw » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:34 pm

I would love to travel alone, but haven't done it yet because I feel like it's hard navigating that as a petite female. :oops:

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:36 pm

dasq5511 wrote:
Obviously kinda intimidated because I've never spent that much time on my own before, especially in foreign countries, but also super psyched. Definitely didn't want to let this time go considering the next time I can just take 2 months to travel is not likely to be anytime soon. I'm fairly social as is but I'm also hoping this forces me to be more outgoing and ballsy since the alternative is not speaking to anyone.

I did something like this in undergrad. It is a really good way to meet people, but also don't dismiss the concept of not speaking to anyone. Most of my time I spent talking with locals and other hostel-ites, but I also spent two days alone in the alps not speaking to anyone, it was pretty awesome.

jstans

Bronze

Postby jstans » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:44 pm

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
dasq5511 wrote:

I did something like this in undergrad. It is a really good way to meet people, but also don't dismiss the concept of not speaking to anyone. Most of my time I spent talking with locals and other hostel-ites, but I also spent two days alone in the alps not speaking to anyone, it was pretty awesome.

The people you meet in hostels are the best kind of people.

RParadela

Silver

Postby RParadela » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:44 pm

This thread is making me want to book my trip to Madrid right now... :?

Pozzo

Gold

Postby Pozzo » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:54 pm

Shakawkaw wrote:
Pozzo wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:

This sounds amazing. Are you doing it solo? (Question goes for everyone planning a trip.)

Protein - take me wit u 2 Vegas ~*~*~

Heading up there with the Mrs. and mini-Pozzos, actually. (Or is it mini-Pozzi?)

Vegas! Have fun, Protein.

dasq5511

Bronze

Postby dasq5511 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:55 pm

dasq5511 wrote:

Yeah agreed, planning on taking a well stocked kindle for my alone time. Anyone been to Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, or Laos before/have tips?

speedofthought

New

Postby speedofthought » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:59 pm

RParadela wrote:This thread is making me want to book my trip to Madrid right now... :?

The food in Spain is fantastic.

speedofthought

New

Postby speedofthought » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:06 am

dasq5511 wrote:
dasq5511 wrote:

Yeah agreed, planning on taking a well stocked kindle for my alone time. Anyone been to Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, or Laos before/have tips?

I've been to Vietnam. I'm not sure how much travel you are planning to do in country, but the train from Ho Chi Minh to Hanoi (or vice-versa) is by no means high speed. A lot of my friends chose to fly instead, and I don't think it was significantly more expensive. You should plan to bring a back-lit e-reader if you opt for the train. Also, Hue is beautiful, and so is Halong Bay. However, at least on the boat service through Halong Bay that I took, the guides insist on keeping your passport overnight in case the boat is stopped by the police/coast guard. That's probably a real concern, but I didn't feel very comfortable with it.

sorence

Bronze

Postby sorence » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:37 am

proteinshake wrote:
RParadela wrote:
dasq5511 wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:

I'm pretty sure I'm going to make a Vegas trip sometime before 1L.

+1, my SO and I are planning a road trip that starts w/a weekend in Vegas in June/July. I'm beyond stoked.

jstans

Bronze

Postby jstans » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:43 am

Is it bad that my SO and I are considering the move to a new city our vacation? We'll be moving 12 hours away minimum and plan on making a several day road trip out of it. Pretty stoked to see parts of the country I've never seen before, but it sounds wayyyyyy lamer than SE Asia.

laqueredup

Bronze

Postby laqueredup » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:48 am

jstans wrote:Is it bad that my SO and I are considering the move to a new city our vacation? We'll be moving 12 hours away minimum and plan on making a several day road trip out of it. Pretty stoked to see parts of the country I've never seen before, but it sounds wayyyyyy lamer than SE Asia.

I don't think so, this country has some awesome places as well. Just ask all the foreigners who come over here to rent RVs and drive around to the National Parks. I've had some of my best vacations on road trips while moving. Just make sure to take your time!

warmcherrysoda

New

Postby warmcherrysoda » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:34 am

Last edited by warmcherrysoda on Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chargers21

Gold

Postby chargers21 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:44 am

I've never flown, taken a train, or left the country. You guys are killing me

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?