TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

10
10
83%
9
0
No votes
8
1
8%
7
0
No votes
6
0
No votes
5
0
No votes
4
0
No votes
3
1
8%
2
0
No votes
1
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 12

somedeadman

Bronze
Posts: 436
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:42 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby somedeadman » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:00 am

Nightwing wrote:
somedeadman wrote:Anyone else feel like they're underperforming for their stats based off of MyLSN?


Yes. Vastly. I hereby claim my rightful title as the King of Waitlists. Art thou the Duke of Dings?

How many waitlists do you have? I may be a legitimate contender for the throne of waitlists

User avatar
Nightwing

Bronze
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:44 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby Nightwing » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:10 am

somedeadman wrote:
Nightwing wrote:
somedeadman wrote:Anyone else feel like they're underperforming for their stats based off of MyLSN?


Yes. Vastly. I hereby claim my rightful title as the King of Waitlists. Art thou the Duke of Dings?

How many waitlists do you have? I may be a legitimate contender for the throne of waitlists


lol

I don't want to give specifics (because I don't like losing imaginary claims :P), but I've got a long, unbroken chain of waitlists and nothing but them from safeties and targets alike. Only the reaches remain and MyLSN says they're unlikely to straight-up reject me. More waitlists incoming.

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:26 am

For the fans or non-fans who followed the beef closely, Nicki has responded and

Image

User avatar
Stephylynette

Bronze
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:04 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby Stephylynette » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:42 am

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:For the fans or non-fans who followed the beef closely, Nicki has responded and

Image

Honestly? I stan for Nicki but "No Frauds" was... not her best. :? I'm upset about it

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:48 am

Stephylynette wrote:
SybillAnnDorsett wrote:For the fans or non-fans who followed the beef closely, Nicki has responded and

Honestly? I stan for Nicki but "No Frauds" was... not her best. :? I'm upset about it


.....what type of mother leave her son over a stack?! she collected Remy with that alone!!! For me though it was "good" and not "great". I'm with you there. I think this is more a bop than it is a traditional diss record - which is what she intended.

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby Rigo » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:02 am

Either people are really bad about estimating COA's or we are a little more debt averse than I thought. Although the people who voted zero could be going at sticker and just have rich parents so the way the question is phrased can lead to misleading poll results.

User avatar
Thelaw23

Silver
Posts: 790
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:23 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby Thelaw23 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:07 am

CLS at Sticker = PAYE ftw. Hoping the tax bomb won't kill me, though.

User avatar
Stephylynette

Bronze
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:04 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby Stephylynette » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:12 am

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:
SybillAnnDorsett wrote:For the fans or non-fans who followed the beef closely, Nicki has responded and

Honestly? I stan for Nicki but "No Frauds" was... not her best. :? I'm upset about it


.....what type of mother leave her son over a stack?! she collected Remy with that alone!!! For me though it was "good" and not "great". I'm with you there. I think this is more a bop than it is a traditional diss record - which is what she intended.

Yes. I can agree with this analysis. I'll definitely be rapping/singing? along but it didn't have the ether effect it should have

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby Rigo » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:17 am

I'm strongly leaning towards minimal debt at a T20 right now if I can bump up schollies a bit more.
I might also just not go to school and continue my neverL streak.

canafsa

Bronze
Posts: 348
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:50 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby canafsa » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:26 am

.
Last edited by canafsa on Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby Rigo » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:31 am

canafsa wrote:
Rigo wrote:I'm strongly leaning towards minimal debt at a T20 right now if I can bump up schollies a bit more.
I might also just not go to school and continue my neverL streak.

Have you reapplied before? Doesn't that begin to hurt your likelihood at schools that accept you? Is the opportunity cost of deferring a $180,000 salary over multiple years less than spending for a school?
I understand debt-adverseness, but not all debt is bad debt if it gets you where you need to be.

This is my first cycle applying but I came to TLS in the 2018 waiter class so I've sat on the sidelines a couple cycles.
Also the opportunity cost calculation is less since I am not a Biglaw bro.

User avatar
R. Jeeves

Gold
Posts: 1980
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 7:54 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby R. Jeeves » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:43 am

Rigo wrote:I'm strongly leaning towards minimal debt at a T20 right now if I can bump up schollies a bit more.
I might also just not go to school and continue my neverL streak.

gretake

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby Rigo » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:59 am

R. Jeeves wrote:
Rigo wrote:I'm strongly leaning towards minimal debt at a T20 right now if I can bump up schollies a bit more.
I might also just not go to school and continue my neverL streak.

gretake

Plz hurry up and expire bum LSAT score.

Jk I don't do math.

User avatar
Mr_Chukes

Silver
Posts: 1160
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:01 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby Mr_Chukes » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:05 am

Rigo wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:
Rigo wrote:I'm strongly leaning towards minimal debt at a T20 right now if I can bump up schollies a bit more.
I might also just not go to school and continue my neverL streak.

gretake

Plz hurry up and expire bum LSAT score.

Jk I don't do math.

Math was my favorite subject. Went the political science route so I would have to relearn lol.

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby Rigo » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:19 am

Mr_Chukes wrote:
Rigo wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:
Rigo wrote:I'm strongly leaning towards minimal debt at a T20 right now if I can bump up schollies a bit more.
I might also just not go to school and continue my neverL streak.

gretake

Plz hurry up and expire bum LSAT score.

Jk I don't do math.

Math was my favorite subject. Went the political science route so I would have to relearn lol.

Big mistake, kids. Always do the STEM.

somedeadman

Bronze
Posts: 436
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:42 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby somedeadman » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:25 am

Nightwing wrote:
somedeadman wrote:
Nightwing wrote:
somedeadman wrote:Anyone else feel like they're underperforming for their stats based off of MyLSN?


Yes. Vastly. I hereby claim my rightful title as the King of Waitlists. Art thou the Duke of Dings?

How many waitlists do you have? I may be a legitimate contender for the throne of waitlists


lol

I don't want to give specifics (because I don't like losing imaginary claims :P), but I've got a long, unbroken chain of waitlists and nothing but them from safeties and targets alike. Only the reaches remain and MyLSN says they're unlikely to straight-up reject me. More waitlists incoming.


Wait, so not a single acceptance?

User avatar
Mr_Chukes

Silver
Posts: 1160
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:01 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby Mr_Chukes » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:43 am

Rigo wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:
Rigo wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:
Rigo wrote:I'm strongly leaning towards minimal debt at a T20 right now if I can bump up schollies a bit more.
I might also just not go to school and continue my neverL streak.

gretake

Plz hurry up and expire bum LSAT score.

Jk I don't do math.

Math was my favorite subject. Went the political science route so I would have to relearn lol.

Big mistake, kids. Always do the STEM.

Now that I think about it I could have done bio or physics because I really liked those subjects and then went to law. I actually really enjoyed my political science education though. I feel like I learned a lot about the world because of my political philosophy classes and they helped shaped my way of thinking.

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby Rigo » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:46 am

Law school is the island of misfit liberal arts majors.

User avatar
R. Jeeves

Gold
Posts: 1980
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 7:54 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby R. Jeeves » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:47 am

Debugging crappy c++ code in a room full of [redditors] is what lyfe is all about
Last edited by R. Jeeves on Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Nightwing

Bronze
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:44 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby Nightwing » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:52 am

somedeadman wrote:
Wait, so not a single acceptance?


Yep, not a one.

User avatar
Dodocogon

Silver
Posts: 629
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:45 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby Dodocogon » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:54 am

R. Jeeves wrote:Debugging crappy c++ code in a room full of male spergs is what lyfe is all about


Ooh tell me more

User avatar
forum_user

Silver
Posts: 844
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:40 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby forum_user » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:57 am

R. Jeeves wrote:Debugging crappy c++ code in a room full of male spergs is what lyfe is all about

Yes but do you really have to denigrate people with autism just to make the hackneyed observation that programmers are socially awkward?

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby Rigo » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:00 pm

forum_user wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:Debugging crappy c++ code in a room full of male spergs is what lyfe is all about

Yes but do you really have to denigrate people with autism just to make the hackneyed observation that programmers are socially awkward?

Tbf law students are pretty aspie too.

User avatar
R. Jeeves

Gold
Posts: 1980
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 7:54 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby R. Jeeves » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:02 pm

forum_user wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:Debugging crappy c++ code in a room full of male spergs is what lyfe is all about

Yes but do you really have to denigrate people with autism just to make the hackneyed observation that programmers are socially awkward?

Is that what the word sperg does? Redacted then and my b.

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:05 pm

regarding school spring break/office closures, can confirm that NYU will be open next week
Last edited by SybillAnnDorsett on Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: amot123, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Houzy and 11 guests