TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

10
10
83%
9
0
No votes
8
1
8%
7
0
No votes
6
0
No votes
5
0
No votes
4
0
No votes
3
1
8%
2
0
No votes
1
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 12

User avatar
Kopetz

Bronze
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:06 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (hotdog pole)

Postby Kopetz » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:09 pm

Mr_Chukes wrote:
Kopetz wrote:speaking of slaying: the student from that Berkeley video who transferred to Boalt from Golden Gate

I was like how in the hell is that possible lol. She went to Cornell undergrad or am i wrong?


She also mentioned she got offers from some other T14s and got a biglaw offer in NYC, so I'm thinking she heard the siren song of $$$$ at GG and then wisely jumped ship when she had the chance

Edit: or she had significant family/professional/other ties/obligations in the bay area and didn't get in to Stanford or Berkeley for 1L

User avatar
Sarastro

Bronze
Posts: 389
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (hotdog pole)

Postby Sarastro » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:13 pm

NotAGolfer wrote:There's a recent episode of Hidden Brain on the evolution of language I'd recommend: http://www.npr.org/2017/01/10/509035454 ... -literally

I think the bigger issue is that there's often little recognition/appreciation for the cultures from which language/slang is adopted (for example, I believe YAASS and slay were both originally popularized in drag queen culture). I don't think there's inherently an issue with the evolution of language through cultural exchange, but language appropriation has the same issues as other forms of cultural appropriation.

English is basically the Borg of languages, assimilating anything useful into its biological and technological collective vernacular. I love it.

User avatar
NotAGolfer

Silver
Posts: 596
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:50 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (hotdog pole)

Postby NotAGolfer » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:33 pm

Sarastro wrote:
NotAGolfer wrote:There's a recent episode of Hidden Brain on the evolution of language I'd recommend: http://www.npr.org/2017/01/10/509035454 ... -literally

I think the bigger issue is that there's often little recognition/appreciation for the cultures from which language/slang is adopted (for example, I believe YAASS and slay were both originally popularized in drag queen culture). I don't think there's inherently an issue with the evolution of language through cultural exchange, but language appropriation has the same issues as other forms of cultural appropriation.

English is basically the Borg of languages, assimilating anything useful into its biological and technological collective vernacular. I love it.

Me too :)

User avatar
Kopetz

Bronze
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:06 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (hotdog pole)

Postby Kopetz » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:36 pm

email senders who spike my blood pressure:

-Northeastern University
-Southwestern Law School
-New York Law School
-Columbia Sportswear

Pozzo

Gold
Posts: 1907
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:36 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (hotdog pole)

Postby Pozzo » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:38 pm

Kopetz wrote:email senders who spike my blood pressure:

-Northeastern University
-Southwestern Law School
-New York Law School
-Columbia Sportswear


Hadn't thought of that last one. That would be brutal.

User avatar
Mr_Chukes

Silver
Posts: 1160
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:01 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (hotdog pole)

Postby Mr_Chukes » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:40 pm

Kopetz wrote:email senders who spike my blood pressure:

-Northeastern University
-Southwestern Law School
-New York Law School
-Columbia Sportswear

Don't forget the ones that email you constantly with Admissions Office or Congratulations as the subject lol.

em15

Bronze
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:39 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (hotdog pole)

Postby em15 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:41 pm

Mr_Chukes wrote:
Kopetz wrote:email senders who spike my blood pressure:

-Northeastern University
-Southwestern Law School
-New York Law School
-Columbia Sportswear

Don't forget the ones that email you constantly with Admissions Office or Congratulations as the subject lol.

Or Scholarship as the subject

User avatar
Smc1994

Silver
Posts: 681
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:58 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (hotdog pole)

Postby Smc1994 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:42 pm

em15 wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:
Kopetz wrote:email senders who spike my blood pressure:

-Northeastern University
-Southwestern Law School
-New York Law School
-Columbia Sportswear

Don't forget the ones that email you constantly with Admissions Office or Congratulations as the subject lol.

Or Scholarship as the subject


I have a subscription to the Harvard business review. Pre-JS1, my blood pressure would spike every other day.

User avatar
RParadela

Silver
Posts: 858
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:04 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (hotdog pole)

Postby RParadela » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:53 pm

R. Jeeves wrote:
Rigo wrote:I enjoy Suits but I still recognize its p trash.

yeah watching suits is like listening to migos


U wot m8?

Don't ever disrespect Migos again

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (hotdog pole)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:15 pm

RParadela wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:
Rigo wrote:I enjoy Suits but I still recognize its p trash.

yeah watching suits is like listening to migos


U wot m8?

Don't ever disrespect Migos again


Came on here and the first thing I see is hateration for Migos.

PUT SOME RESPEK ON HIZ NAME. Migos made the song of 2017.

User avatar
R. Jeeves

Gold
Posts: 1980
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 7:54 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (hotdog pole)

Postby R. Jeeves » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:17 pm

mm2368 wrote:
RParadela wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:
Rigo wrote:I enjoy Suits but I still recognize its p trash.

yeah watching suits is like listening to migos


U wot m8?

Don't ever disrespect Migos again


Came on here and the first thing I see is hateration for Migos.

PUT SOME RESPEK ON HIZ NAME. Migos made the song of 2017.

i conceded that i enjoy them

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (hotdog pole)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:18 pm

R. Jeeves wrote:
mm2368 wrote:
RParadela wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:
Rigo wrote:I enjoy Suits but I still recognize its p trash.

yeah watching suits is like listening to migos


U wot m8?

Don't ever disrespect Migos again


Came on here and the first thing I see is hateration for Migos.

PUT SOME RESPEK ON HIZ NAME. Migos made the song of 2017.

i conceded that i enjoy them


Hahaha I know, I know. All in jest I swear.

User avatar
R. Jeeves

Gold
Posts: 1980
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 7:54 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (hotdog pole)

Postby R. Jeeves » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:21 pm

new poll

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (hotdog pole)

Postby brinicolec » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:32 pm

R. Jeeves wrote:new poll


Okay but I'd like to nominate Dab of Ranch x Quavo for consideration.

User avatar
tuesdayninja

Bronze
Posts: 369
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:37 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (hotdog pole)

Postby tuesdayninja » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:35 pm

R. Jeeves wrote:new poll



This is a poll I can get behind. We're gonna need more cookin up dope with an uzi though.

User avatar
amta

Platinum
Posts: 9459
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (hotdog pole)

Postby amta » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:42 pm

tuesdayninja wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:new poll



This is a poll I can get behind. We're gonna need more cookin up dope with an uzi though.


never heard the song till i heard it 3 times driving back from the YAY last weekend.

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby brinicolec » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:44 pm

Not a verse but would like to also nominate the line: "Still be playin' with pots and pans, call me Quavo Ratatouille"

User avatar
Mr_Chukes

Silver
Posts: 1160
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:01 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (hotdog pole)

Postby Mr_Chukes » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:46 pm

R. Jeeves wrote:new poll

I actually voted using the song lol. Since Drake's verse went Versace Versace Versace Versace Versace Versace Versace lol So i picked the 7th.

User avatar
RParadela

Silver
Posts: 858
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:04 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby RParadela » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:46 pm

Not a Migos line, but I'd like to submit "Pistol whip a (not saying the word) with a crowbar" for best rap lyric of all time

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (hotdog pole)

Postby brinicolec » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:47 pm

Mr_Chukes wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:new poll

I actually voted using the song lol. Since Drake's verse went Versace Versace Versace Versace Versace Versace Versace lol So i picked the 7th.


Hate new Drake, agree that Drake's verse on Versace was solid.

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby brinicolec » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:48 pm

Since we're on the topic of "greatests" in rap: Hit 'Em Up is one of the greatest diss songs in rap. Don't @ me (or I guess "quote" me in this case).

User avatar
Baby Gaga

Bronze
Posts: 432
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:07 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby Baby Gaga » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:56 pm

This was a tough poll, I changed my answer 3 times

User avatar
Assasindowntheavenue

Silver
Posts: 818
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby Assasindowntheavenue » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:04 pm

Do y'all really like Migos or is it an ironic thing like Lil B? Or a trap thing?

User avatar
R. Jeeves

Gold
Posts: 1980
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 7:54 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (hotdog pole)

Postby R. Jeeves » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:05 pm

brinicolec wrote:Hate new Drake

did he stop using his ghostwriter? i feel like his lyrics went to trash shortly after he got called out by meek

Monday

Silver
Posts: 784
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:36 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby Monday » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:06 pm

.
Last edited by Monday on Thu May 11, 2017 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests