TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

83%
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

jjcorvino

Silver

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (hotdog pole)

Postby jjcorvino » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:40 am

Thelaw23 wrote:I still can't believe I got into CLS. Like I know with my numbers it was likely I would get in, but how late in the cycle I was accepted and how much I lost hope... I just keep checking the e-mail every morning I wake up. Especially considering it was my dream school

They can't like unaccept me, right? "Sry it was a mistake"

Congrats! I was shocked too. Is that your #1 choice right now?

Thelaw23

Silver

Postby Thelaw23 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:44 am

jjcorvino wrote:
Thelaw23 wrote:I still can't believe I got into CLS. Like I know with my numbers it was likely I would get in, but how late in the cycle I was accepted and how much I lost hope... I just keep checking the e-mail every morning I wake up. Especially considering it was my dream school

Yeah. I'm not sure if I"ll get any $$$, but I'm definitely going regardless. It was just the dream for me, you know, since day 1 when I decided to become a lawyer. Most of my life is here in NY too, and I'm excited to live in Morningside Heights.

Even if I got much much more money at lower schools, I don't see myself being happy going there. With CLS I just can't wait to start.

What are your preferences looking like at the moment? Or you're not sure until $$$ offers come out?

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Postby Mr_Chukes » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:05 am

Congratulations bro! Man that would suck if schools really did that.

jjcorvino

Silver

Postby jjcorvino » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:22 am

Thelaw23 wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:

Yeah. I'm not sure if I"ll get any $$$, but I'm definitely going regardless. It was just the dream for me, you know, since day 1 when I decided to become a lawyer. Most of my life is here in NY too, and I'm excited to live in Morningside Heights.

Even if I got much much more money at lower schools, I don't see myself being happy going there. With CLS I just can't wait to start.

What are your preferences looking like at the moment? Or you're not sure until $$$ offers come out?

I won't be sure until money comes back (and until I hear back either way from H), but before money Columbia is definitely my #1 that I have been accepted to. My fiancee is from NY, and we both want to live in NYC after I graduate law school. Not many better places than Columbia to do that.

Assasindowntheavenue

Silver

Postby Assasindowntheavenue » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:29 am

Congrats bud!!!!!!! Been rooting for you all cycle and have shared in your despair of waiting and waiting and WL upon WL. You deserve that shit, so go kick ass at CLS!!

Thelaw23

Silver

Postby Thelaw23 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:42 am

Assasindowntheavenue wrote:

Congrats bud!!!!!!! Been rooting for you all cycle and have shared in your despair of waiting and waiting and WL upon WL. You deserve that shit, so go kick ass at CLS!!

Thank you man!!!!! Did you decide on Chicago? I'm so sorry you got Held! But maybe ride it out? This was a weird cycle they might take more people off the Hold/WL.

Either way Chicago is an amazing school on par with CLS, if not better.

I really hope us c/o of 2020 peeps stay in touch on here and will continue to bicker and complain about Biglaw in 4 years.

theothercat

Bronze

Postby theothercat » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:45 am

Like, probably not, but if you had applied to their Public Health school, it would be a different story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... tices.html

Dodocogon

Silver

Postby Dodocogon » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:49 am

StopLawying wrote:
curry1 wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:New rankings coming on March 14! Anyone have any predictions?

#1. Yale

And Cooley #2

Number 2 law school In Lansing, Michigan

Assasindowntheavenue

Silver

Postby Assasindowntheavenue » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:22 pm

Thelaw23 wrote:
Assasindowntheavenue wrote:

Thank you man!!!!! Did you decide on Chicago? I'm so sorry you got Held! But maybe ride it out? This was a weird cycle they might take more people off the Hold/WL.

Either way Chicago is an amazing school on par with CLS, if not better.

I really hope us c/o of 2020 peeps stay in touch on here and will continue to bicker and complain about Biglaw in 4 years.

I haven't decided yet - still trying to choose between full ride at a regional school in CA or Chicago with some debt. Once I decide if biglaw is a viable path for me, I'll take that leap haha. And yeah haven't withdrew from CLS yet, so we'll see what happens. Def will PM you w/ some info to stay in touch after the cycle is over. Congrats again!

jstans

Bronze

Postby jstans » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:38 pm

Dodocogon wrote:
StopLawying wrote:
curry1 wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:New rankings coming on March 14! Anyone have any predictions?

#1. Yale

And Cooley #2

Number 2 law school In Lansing, Michigan

Cooley will shoot up in the rankings based on the absolute prestige that comes with Trump's personal attorney being a Cooley grad, since he ONLY hires the best people. Yuge move for Cooley.

forum_user

Silver

Postby forum_user » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:01 pm

Neurotic applicant level: Running out of meaningful status checkers to check, so constantly googling "weather" and refreshing that instead

pandaaa

New

Postby pandaaa » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:05 pm

:)
Last edited by pandaaa on Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bronze

Postby 88234 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:06 pm

But mommmm I don't wanna take the June LSAT.

ashrice13

Gold

Postby ashrice13 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:29 pm

Honestly...hitting submit in my negotiation email was almost as hard as hitting submit on my first application. I'm convinced it's somehow too long and still doesn't provide enough info. too cocky but also too wimpy. Mostly, after reading but it over 9 times it's probably still riddled with spelling errors. All in a days neurotic work.

I should have just gone with this: plz gimme monies. I'm poor and really like your skool"

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:55 pm

ashrice13 wrote:Honestly...hitting submit in my negotiation email was almost as hard as hitting submit on my first application. I'm convinced it's somehow too long and still doesn't provide enough info. too cocky but also too wimpy. Mostly, after reading but it over 9 times it's probably still riddled with spelling errors. All in a days neurotic work.

I should have just gone with this: plz gimme monies. I'm poor and really like your skool"

My plan is to just send all the schools this gif

Whittie

Bronze

Postby Whittie » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:01 pm

Future is here to help us through the wait...

https://www.google.com/amp/pitchfork.co ... ent=safari

Bob loblaw law blog

Bronze

Postby Bob loblaw law blog » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:16 pm

ashrice13 wrote:Honestly...hitting submit in my negotiation email was almost as hard as hitting submit on my first application. I'm convinced it's somehow too long and still doesn't provide enough info. too cocky but also too wimpy. Mostly, after reading but it over 9 times it's probably still riddled with spelling errors. All in a days neurotic work.

+1

Given how poorly the first negotiation attempt went for me, it might be even harder the second time :( although I am pretty sure that the contents of the message doesn't matter beyond "peer schools X gave me $Y"

RParadela

Silver

Postby RParadela » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:17 pm

Whittie wrote:Future is here to help us through the wait...

Migos and 2 future albums in a few weeks... I might start selling blow instead of going to law school

Whittie

Bronze

Postby Whittie » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:33 pm

RParadela wrote:
Whittie wrote:Future is here to help us through the wait...

Migos and 2 future albums in a few weeks... I might start selling blow instead of going to law school

"Bad and Boujee" could be the motto of HYS' adcomms.

haley12

Silver

Postby haley12 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:23 pm

Aw, this made me smile :) Congratulations!!! That's amazing.

Instrumental

Silver

Postby Instrumental » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:26 pm

Thank you John Marshall Law School for your spam e-mail from "Office of Admissions." It is nice having my glimmer of hope crushed as quickly as it manifested. Gets the blood going.

Baby Gaga

Bronze

Postby Baby Gaga » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:28 pm

Instrumental wrote:Thank you John Marshall Law School for your spam e-mail from "Office of Admissions." It is nice having my glimmer of hope crushed as quickly as it manifested. Gets the blood going.

And when I immediately, and angrily unsubscribed they send another email confirming that I unsubscribed. :x :x

Pozzo

Gold

Postby Pozzo » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:29 pm

Last edited by Pozzo on Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:03 pm

lol I remember when I commented on your forum post after the June LSAT and told you to "enjoy CLS." told ya! :P

Thelaw23

Silver

Postby Thelaw23 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:08 pm

proteinshake wrote:

lol I remember when I commented on your forum post after the June LSAT and told you to "enjoy CLS." told ya! :P

Haha I actually remember that! :D :D

haley12 wrote:

Aw, this made me smile :) Congratulations!!! That's amazing.

Thank you! :D

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?