TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

83%
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

amta

Platinum

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (hotdog pole)

Postby amta » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:49 pm

Rigo wrote:Am I enough of a TLS celebrity to make my own thread in the c/o 2020 forum announcing my choice? Yes, yes I am. 8)

Rigo: Waiter of the Year 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

Dodocogon

Silver

Postby Dodocogon » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:50 pm

Sat through jury selection today, kinda bummed I didn't get picked... Probably for the best though, I actually have stuff to get done at work rn

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:51 pm

Keilz wrote:
Rigo wrote:Am I enough of a TLS celebrity to make my own thread in the c/o 2020 forum announcing my choice? Yes, yes I am. 8)

Wow, I NEVER realized that you had 12,000 posts. holy crap

You better recognize!

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Postby Mr_Chukes » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:51 pm

YYYAAASSSS

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:51 pm

amta wrote:

Permawaiter supreme

alpha kenny body

Gold

Postby alpha kenny body » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:02 pm

Rigo wrote:
amta wrote:

Permawaiter supreme

Checking into this club

ashrice13

Gold

Postby ashrice13 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:35 pm

airwrecka wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:
forum_user wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:I don't think I'll have much choice in how I tell other people on FB because as soon as I tell my mom where I'm going I'm sure she will light it up

This is actually the best of both worlds -- all the haters know bc the fb algorithm privileges "congratulations" posts, but you avoid any obnoxious posting yourself!

Everyone needs someone in their life who will brag on their behalf, whether IRL or on social media. It is indeed best of all worlds.

My mum doesn't have facebook but she would totally do that if she did. As it stands now she has informed the extended family about every single acceptance.......tried to get her to stop but she won't :lol:

Same. My favorite was when my mother informed my grandmother, a committed Fox News enthusiast, of my acceptance to Berk. Very entertaining.

hahaha this is probably the only good thing about my grandfather on my dad's side being passed away. the shock of me going to Berk (if I were to go there) might just kill him.

but all my dad's friends are brainwashed by Fox News (they gave me a hard time about my UG institution that is "liberal" because it's a college campus [and not a small rural midwestern town], but no where near Berk-level-left), so they'll still give me a plenty hard time :roll:

It doesn't matter where I go...I get shit for my PI aspirations. It makes a bleeding heart liberal, apparently.

Dovaking

New

Postby Dovaking » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:33 pm

ashrice13 wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:
forum_user wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:I don't think I'll have much choice in how I tell other people on FB because as soon as I tell my mom where I'm going I'm sure she will light it up

This is actually the best of both worlds -- all the haters know bc the fb algorithm privileges "congratulations" posts, but you avoid any obnoxious posting yourself!

Everyone needs someone in their life who will brag on their behalf, whether IRL or on social media. It is indeed best of all worlds.

My mum doesn't have facebook but she would totally do that if she did. As it stands now she has informed the extended family about every single acceptance.......tried to get her to stop but she won't :lol:

Same. My favorite was when my mother informed my grandmother, a committed Fox News enthusiast, of my acceptance to Berk. Very entertaining.

hahaha this is probably the only good thing about my grandfather on my dad's side being passed away. the shock of me going to Berk (if I were to go there) might just kill him.

but all my dad's friends are brainwashed by Fox News (they gave me a hard time about my UG institution that is "liberal" because it's a college campus [and not a small rural midwestern town], but no where near Berk-level-left), so they'll still give me a plenty hard time :roll:

It doesn't matter where I go...I get shit for my PI aspirations. It makes a bleeding heart liberal, apparently.

Man, I have a government gig right now in perhaps the most "red" building in the country and just the whisper that I am considering Berk sent a crack through my office wall.

Nightwing

Bronze

Postby Nightwing » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:44 pm

<sigh> Looks like I'm going to be spending another weekend feeling terrible about not being accepted anywhere yet. I really thought this would be the week I get an offer, but guess not. A down cycle they said... 170+ scorers are even more desirable they said... c'est la vie.

Monday

Silver

Postby Monday » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:50 pm

Last edited by Monday on Thu May 11, 2017 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nightwing

Bronze

Postby Nightwing » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:53 pm

Monday wrote:
Nightwing wrote:<sigh> Looks like I'm going to be spending another weekend feeling terrible about not being accepted anywhere yet. I really thought this would be the week I get an offer, but guess not. A down cycle they said... 170+ scorers are even more desirable they said... c'est la vie.

There's still tomorrow!

What is today but yesterday's tomorrow? :)

Monday

Silver

Postby Monday » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:57 pm

Last edited by Monday on Thu May 11, 2017 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Smc1994

Silver

Postby Smc1994 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:04 pm

Nightwing wrote:
Monday wrote:
Nightwing wrote:<sigh> Looks like I'm going to be spending another weekend feeling terrible about not being accepted anywhere yet. I really thought this would be the week I get an offer, but guess not. A down cycle they said... 170+ scorers are even more desirable they said... c'est la vie.

There's still tomorrow!

What is today but yesterday's tomorrow? :)

Tomorrow's yesterday.

RParadela

Silver

Postby RParadela » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:08 pm

ashrice13 wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:
forum_user wrote:

Legimtiately curious... Why PI?

haley12

Silver

Postby haley12 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:56 pm

I feel ya. Friends are saying "with your LSAT you'll get in everywhere!!" Law schools not so much...

Keilz

Gold

Postby Keilz » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:04 pm

canafsa wrote:
Instrumental wrote:
Rigo wrote:This conversation proves that we all have Assbergers.

Are assbergers a type of sandwich?

I'm not sure... We better check the NY tax code

I laughed surprisingly out loud for this

Stylnator

Silver

Postby Stylnator » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:57 pm

RParadela wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:
forum_user wrote:

Because it's the best :D

ashrice13

Gold

Postby ashrice13 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:10 pm

RParadela wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:
forum_user wrote:

I say this knowing it's an unpopular response on this site that usually solicits a barrage of "don't go to LS" responses...Simply put, I genuinely want to make some sort of difference. My reasoning is a lot more complicated than that of course but that's the gist.

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:17 pm

ashrice13 wrote:I say this knowing it's an unpopular response on this site that usually solicits a barrage of "don't go to LS" responses...Simply put, I genuinely want to make some sort of difference. My reasoning is a lot more complicated than that of course but that's the gist.

Idk. I think that if you want to do something large-scale, most people say government (running for office or something) is better. But if you want to make a difference in someone's life, that's definitely doable in the legal field, especially as a public defender or someone working for groups like Innocence Project. A lot of those people are hopeless and feel like no one cares; I imagine there's something really satisfying about being able to be someone who cares for those people.

RParadela

Silver

Postby RParadela » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:19 pm

I wouldn't ever tell someone not to do something like PI. It's fantastic that there are people who genuinely really care about others that they don't even know. The world needs a lot more people like that!

I just know I couldn't do it lol

Rubbishdump

Bronze

Postby Rubbishdump » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:36 pm

Is Big Law -> PI a path some people take?

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:38 pm

RParadela wrote:I wouldn't ever tell someone not to do something like PI. It's fantastic that there are people who genuinely really care about others that they don't even know. The world needs a lot more people like that!

I just know I couldn't do it lol

I've come to the conclusion that I want to do the work but have ideas of what my life should look like that make the salary completely unrealistic for me to like living off of lol

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:41 pm

Rubbishdump wrote:Is Big Law -> PI a path some people take?

Yes.

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:47 pm

Rigo wrote:
Rubbishdump wrote:Is Big Law -> PI a path some people take?

Yes.

Usually have to make sure you demonstrate some interest in PI somehow though because apparently a lot of people want to see a commitment to PI.

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:50 pm

Depends on what kind of Biglaw ---> what kind of PI too

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?