TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

83%
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

pretzeltime

Gold

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (hotdog pole)

Postby pretzeltime » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:59 am

Rigo wrote:
Thelaw23 wrote:Wait, so posting on facebook about the school you got accepted into for your haters is douchey.

But what if I am just trying to post to let all my friends know? Who aren't haters but are normal, genuine people. This has been a long journey and all my friends have heard way too much about this/LSAT

Make a post. It's really not douchey.
Keeping H8ers as friends on social media is the more questionable thing here.

i mean again I think jeeves and i are using the term "haters" rather flippantly. super flippantly in fact.

pretzeltime

Gold

Postby pretzeltime » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:00 pm

Rigo wrote:I view posting on social media as more of an announcement that you're moving to Ann Arbor, Charlottesville, etc. Not really bragging about law school so much.

yeah, the move itself is a perfectly valid announcement IMO

S.Picquery

Silver

Postby S.Picquery » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:01 pm

Thelaw23 wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:This acquaintance of mine is like an LA instagram babe and is "really hot" and posted a pic of her in a typically hot minidress holding her acceptance letter to Southwestern Law School and said "guess who got into law school? what, like it's hard?"

300 likes, easy peasy.

It is so lol I wish I could post it here

I just threw up in my mouth

I just got second-hand anxiety about the amount of debt she'll be in for a useless degree.

e: formatting
Last edited by S.Picquery on Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:01 pm

pretzeltime wrote:
Rigo wrote:
Thelaw23 wrote:Wait, so posting on facebook about the school you got accepted into for your haters is douchey.

But what if I am just trying to post to let all my friends know? Who aren't haters but are normal, genuine people. This has been a long journey and all my friends have heard way too much about this/LSAT

Make a post. It's really not douchey.
Keeping H8ers as friends on social media is the more questionable thing here.

i mean again I think jeeves and i are using the term "haters" rather flippantly. super flippantly in fact.

I mean I'm not taking this conversation seriously at all and will contradict myself in a few posts bc idgaf I'm just waiting for acceptance goddamnit!

Sarastro

Bronze

Postby Sarastro » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:01 pm

Michigan's pic looks like a bunch of 15th century marble sculpting grads. Can't decide if I love or hate those hats.

pretzeltime

Gold

Postby pretzeltime » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:02 pm

S.Picquery wrote:
Thelaw23 wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:This acquaintance of mine is like an LA instagram babe and is "really hot" and posted a pic of her in a typically hot minidress holding her acceptance letter to Southwestern Law School and said "guess who got into law school? what, like it's hard?"

300 likes, easy peasy.

I just got second-hand anxiety about the amount of debt she'll be in for a useless degree.

don't worry, home girl will marry rich for sure. probs a Saudi oil baron or something.

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:05 pm

I'm going to get a school tshirt and cut off the sleeves and the stomach area and climb to the top of a tall ass mountain and take a picture of me standing looking out at the view with my flabby gut hanging out. I'm then going to caption it with a Sex and the City quote.

The people need to know.

S.Picquery

Silver

Postby S.Picquery » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:06 pm

pretzeltime wrote:
S.Picquery wrote:
Thelaw23 wrote:

300 likes, easy peasy.

don't worry, home girl will marry rich for sure. probs a Saudi oil baron or something.

Ah, yes. Plan B.

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Postby Mr_Chukes » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:09 pm

pretzeltime wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:
RParadela wrote:
nimbus cloud wrote:
RParadela wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:So, obviously I will tell recs where I am going when I decide. How do y'all feel about how to tell other people? I am thinking of just buying the sweater of whatever school I decide on and start wearing it around. I feel like it might be douchey to make a facebook post or mass text friends you have talked to about it (besides close friends). :lol:

I made a Facebook post when I got into UVA. Most people I know make dumb ass Facebook posts about when they get "accepted" into study abroad. So you bet your ass I'm making one when I actually accomplish something worth posting about

So what was the reaction? Does it have layman's prestige? :mrgreen:

I got 300ish likes on the post so I think it worked lol. Granted, not as much as the hot sorority girl when she gets accepted into study abroad that requires a 3.0 and nothing more, but I'll take it

Don't feel too bad. Hot people can get a like if their cat accidentally posted. :lol:

This acquaintance of mine is like an LA instagram babe and is "really hot" and posted a pic of her in a typically hot minidress holding her acceptance letter to Southwestern Law School and said "guess who got into law school? what, like it's hard?"

300 likes, easy peasy.

Lmao it's so easy for hot girls to get likes. I posted that I got in to USC on my Instagram. My friends were super happy. A few of them texted me after. One even called me. The funny thing is people told other people about it. So friends I don't have on Instagram asked me about it when I bumped into them.

tuesdayninja

Bronze

Postby tuesdayninja » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:10 pm

Rigo wrote:I'm going to get a school tshirt and cut off the sleeves and the stomach area and climb to the top of a tall ass mountain and take a picture of me standing looking out at the view with my flabby gut hanging out. I'm then going to caption it with a Sex and the City quote.

The people need to know.

Winner winner chicken dinner

R. Jeeves

Gold

Postby R. Jeeves » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:11 pm

if you go to a big school with a strong alumni base then wearing your gear while travelling abroad is tcr i think. my buddy went to cal and rocked his cal hat throughout the entirety of a eurotrip and we met like 8 other people from cal in various places and partied with them and stuff.

Thelaw23

Silver

Postby Thelaw23 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:12 pm

One thing I won't do is post any acceptances before I decide where I want to go and get answers from ALL schools. You never know whose a hater and bad vibes are bad vibes. Call me superstitious but idk, I learned it's better to keep quiet until things come to an end and you have decided.

pretzeltime

Gold

Postby pretzeltime » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:14 pm

R. Jeeves wrote:if you go to a big school with a strong alumni base then wearing your gear while travelling abroad is tcr i think. my buddy went to cal and rocked his cal hat throughout the entirety of a eurotrip and we met like 8 other people from cal in various places and partied with them and stuff.

yep that happened to me when I wore a Cal shirt abroad. I didn't even go to Cal so had a weirdly delayed reaction whenever someone yelled "Go Bears!" at me.

tuesdayninja

Bronze

Postby tuesdayninja » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:14 pm

R. Jeeves wrote:if you go to a big school with a strong alumni base then wearing your gear while travelling abroad is tcr i think. my buddy went to cal and rocked his cal hat throughout the entirety of a eurotrip and we met like 8 other people from cal in various places and partied with them and stuff.

This. Went to Michigan and I still rocked my swag in Europe, got many "Go Blue"s.

TexasENG

Silver

Postby TexasENG » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:15 pm

Last edited by TexasENG on Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Keilz

Gold

Postby Keilz » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:16 pm

S.Picquery wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:
RParadela wrote:
nimbus cloud wrote:
RParadela wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:So, obviously I will tell recs where I am going when I decide. How do y'all feel about how to tell other people? I am thinking of just buying the sweater of whatever school I decide on and start wearing it around. I feel like it might be douchey to make a facebook post or mass text friends you have talked to about it (besides close friends). :lol:

I made a Facebook post when I got into UVA. Most people I know make dumb ass Facebook posts about when they get "accepted" into study abroad. So you bet your ass I'm making one when I actually accomplish something worth posting about

So what was the reaction? Does it have layman's prestige? :mrgreen:

I got 300ish likes on the post so I think it worked lol. Granted, not as much as the hot sorority girl when she gets accepted into study abroad that requires a 3.0 and nothing more, but I'll take it

Don't feel too bad. Hot people can get a like if their cat accidentally posted. :lol:

Oh, I post for all the things on FB. They're "friends only" posts because nothing I post is public, but my family has a drinking game to do with each kid's (not that I am a child, but w/e) school acceptances/WLs/rejections. So, yeah. There are two other cousins applying to grad programs now so it's been a hell of a couple months.

exact same. they posted about all their acceptances (which I don't) so I'm just waiting for the final zinger. 8) :lol:

pretzeltime

Gold

Postby pretzeltime » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:16 pm

Oh I also I want to say that I think repping current school with a baseball hat can be chill. I want to break into that lewk but somehow doubt I will pull it off

RParadela

Silver

Postby RParadela » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:17 pm

Rigo wrote:I view posting on social media as more of an announcement that you're moving to Ann Arbor, Charlottesville, etc. Not really bragging about law school so much.

Flexing on the book/gram is an art form. You need to do it subtlety enough to make it seem like you aren't just bragging about how dope your life is, but overtly enough to make sure people understand that you're dope so you do dope shit

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:17 pm

I need to be careful about liking stuff on FB too. I liked NYU's public interest facebook page and I got a text from a friend asking if I was going to NYU.

Instrumental

Silver

Postby Instrumental » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:19 pm

Yeah I haven't joined any Law School acceptance groups on FB because of that.

Thelaw23

Silver

Postby Thelaw23 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:20 pm

RParadela wrote:

Flexing on the book/gram is an art form. You need to do it subtlety enough to make it seem like you aren't just bragging about how dope your life is, but overtly enough to make sure people understand that you're dope so you do dope shit

You do what you want when you're poppin

Keilz

Gold

Postby Keilz » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:21 pm

i get constant UVA law ads on my facebook and Instagram telling me to apply now.

katthegreat11

Bronze

Postby katthegreat11 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:29 pm

Really glad to hear I'm not the only one stressing about how to post about my decision on FB without sounding like I'm humblebragging, outright bragging, or just generally like a prick. Gotta find that purely informative tone.

Definitely will not be including "blessed" "humbled" or "exciting new chapter" anywhere in that status. Maybe... "excited to be moving to [location] to start at [law school] in the fall!" or something like that.

R. Jeeves

Gold

Postby R. Jeeves » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:31 pm

katthegreat11 wrote:Really glad to hear I'm not the only one stressing about how to post about my decision on FB without sounding like I'm humblebragging, outright bragging, or just generally like a prick. Gotta find that purely informative tone.

Definitely will not be including "blessed" "humbled" or "exciting new chapter" anywhere in that status. Maybe... "excited to be moving to [location] to start at [law school] in the fall!" or something like that.

Intro to Stunting:

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:32 pm

katthegreat11 wrote:Really glad to hear I'm not the only one stressing about how to post about my decision on FB without sounding like I'm humblebragging, outright bragging, or just generally like a prick. Gotta find that purely informative tone.

"Incredibly exited to announce that I'll be joining the Cooley Law Class of 2020!"

pretty much all I'm gonna post.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?