TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

83%
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

Rigo

Diamond

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (hotdog pole)

Post by Rigo » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:59 am

Thelaw23 wrote:I wish Northwestern apparel looked better. I can't pull of purple.

I heard baby blue looks bomb on me though...
Purple is honestly the best school color on me. (My undergrad was purple)
If I go to UCLA I will NOT be wearing any baby blue.

jjcorvino

Silver

Post by jjcorvino » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:01 am

Leliana wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:So, obviously I will tell recs where I am going when I decide. How do y'all feel about how to tell other people? I am thinking of just buying the sweater of whatever school I decide on and start wearing it around. I feel like it might be douchey to make a facebook post or mass text friends you have talked to about it (besides close friends). :lol:
I don't think I'm going to make a separate facebook post just to announce it, but I'll probably add the school to the education section in my profile. I did go to an Ivy and many of my classmates/fb friends are also going to various top graduate programs so my fb audience may be more tolerant of douchery :P

Definitely can't wait to get a sweater though :D
True, I guess a post saying "I am incredibly excited to start the next chapter of my life in (insert NYC, Cambridge) at _____.

Please don't let this jinx myself

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:04 am

I think I will be frank and simple and nothing like "I'm so incredibly humbled to announce" crap

Most people that talk to me know that I've been trying to go to LS for years, so it's not going to be anything like a surprise

pretzeltime

Gold

Post by pretzeltime » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:04 am

I was recently contemplating this issue (IDK why) and I've decided that I think it's gauche to wear the apparel of the school that you're currently attending, especially if you are on campus. Possible exceptions may include a single ratty t-shirt which you clearly got for free at a sporting event or orientation. There may also be some exemptions at the gym.

Maybe it's because I live in a university neighborhood where everyone is walking around repping the university and I'm like GUYS WE GET IT, YOU ALL GO HERE WHY NOT WEAR SOMETHING THAT DISTINGUISHES YOU FROM THE MASSES. But, I keep these thoughts to myself.

Now, on the other hand, I think it's fairly acceptable to rep other random schools and/or a school from which you graduated. Especially if you're in an airport. You gotta rep that UG hoodie in an airport

That being said, wherever I decide to go I will probably get a sick hoodie and pair of sweatpants and wear them privately in my home very frequently, or perhaps to the airport.

Also, if you get into Y then it might be okay to wear the "Kale" shirt in certain situations. But IDK I haven't decided

THIS IS ALL VERY IMPORTANT

also baby blue and purple suck generally yes. although I did once own a pair of NYU tube socks that had purple accents and they were pretty fly. Where did those go, I wonder....

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:07 am

I will be 27 so my school swag days are behind me. I can be a manchild in other ways.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

waldorf

Gold

Post by waldorf » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:08 am

jjcorvino wrote:So, obviously I will tell recs where I am going when I decide. How do y'all feel about how to tell other people? I am thinking of just buying the sweater of whatever school I decide on and start wearing it around. I feel like it might be douchey to make a facebook post or mass text friends you have talked to about it (besides close friends). :lol:
I made a facebook post simply because I have a lot of family and friends who are lawyers or in law school themselves and I didn't feel like individually telling everyone. It was just a simple "I'm very excited to finally be able to announce where I'll be attending! Thank you to all of my family and friends for their support!".

Thelaw23

Silver

Post by Thelaw23 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:10 am

pretzeltime wrote:I was recently contemplating this issue (IDK why) and I've decided that I think it's gauche to wear the apparel of the school that you're currently attending, especially if you are on campus. Possible exceptions may include a single ratty t-shirt which you clearly got for free at a sporting event or orientation. There may also be some exemptions at the gym.

Maybe it's because I live in a university neighborhood where everyone is walking around repping the university and I'm like GUYS WE GET IT, YOU ALL GO HERE WHY NOT WEAR SOMETHING THAT DISTINGUISHES YOU FROM THE MASSES. But, I keep these thoughts to myself.

Now, on the other hand, I think it's fairly acceptable to rep other random schools and/or a school from which you graduated. Especially if you're in an airport. You gotta rep that UG hoodie in an airport

That being said, wherever I decide to go I will probably get a sick hoodie and pair of sweatpants and wear them privately in my home very frequently, or perhaps to the airport.

Also, if you get into Y then it might be okay to wear the "Kale" shirt in certain situations. But IDK I haven't decided

also baby blue and purple suck generally yes. although I did once own a pair of NYU tube socks that had purple accents and they were pretty fly. Where did those go, I wonder....

If I got into a bomb ass law school I want people at the gym to know my biceps aren't the only thing that is fit.

Leliana

Bronze

Post by Leliana » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:11 am

pretzeltime wrote:I was recently contemplating this issue (IDK why) and I've decided that I think it's gauche to wear the apparel of the school that you're currently attending, especially if you are on campus. Possible exceptions may include a single ratty t-shirt which you clearly got for free at a sporting event or orientation. There may also be some exemptions at the gym.
Ooh, see, I kinda feel the opposite haha. I feel more gauche wearing school apparel as a working adult than I did wearing it on campus. But I think it also depends on the school you went to. My UG was super spirited and everyone constantly wore school gear but I visited friends at other schools where no one wore it and it was considered weird to do so.

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:12 am

Thelaw23 wrote:

If I got into a bomb ass law school I want people at the gym to know my biceps aren't the only thing that is fit.
Being humble is sexier. Hth

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

pretzeltime

Gold

Post by pretzeltime » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:14 am

Leliana wrote:
Ooh, see, I kinda feel the opposite haha. I feel more gauche wearing school apparel as a working adult than I did wearing it on campus. But I think it also depends on the school you went to. My UG was super spirited and everyone constantly wore school gear but I visited friends at other schools where no one wore it and it was considered weird to do so.
Oh I mean perhaps I should clarify that when I say it's okay to wear your UG hoodie to the airport as an actual adult, I basically mean that is basically one of the only places you should be rocking that apparel. Def not recommending that grown adults wear their UG apparel frequently and in most situations. :lol:

I only wear mine at the airport or gym or when pretending that I will be going to the gym because I'm too lazy to put on real clothes. Also acceptable at Target and the grocery store.

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:16 am

Sure I find it more full of pride to wear my UG school now that I'm at home, but I also liked wearing it at school as a type of uniform kind of thing. It's like wearing a shirt with your company on it at your work.

pretzeltime

Gold

Post by pretzeltime » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:17 am

Rigo wrote: Being humble is sexier. Hth
agreed. being humble (or at least giving the outward appearance of humility :lol: ) is generally the chillest move. I would never make a FB announcement about my sick law skewl. I would maybe rather unintentionally leave a small trail of clues so that all of my haters eventually realize that I am living my best life.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:20 am

If I go to T14: obnoxious facebook post.
If I go to T20: radio silence.

Leliana

Bronze

Post by Leliana » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:20 am

pretzeltime wrote:
Leliana wrote:
Oh I mean perhaps I should clarify that when I say it's okay to wear your UG hoodie to the airport as an actual adult, I basically mean that is basically one of the only places you should be rocking that apparel. Def not recommending that grown adults wear their UG apparel frequently and in most situations. :lol:

I only wear mine at the airport or gym or when pretending that I will be going to the gym because I'm too lazy to put on real clothes. Also acceptable at Target and the grocery store.
Oh, got it. Definitely agreed on that front :lol:

jjcorvino

Silver

Post by jjcorvino » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:22 am

Thelaw23 wrote:

The gym is an absolute must place to rock the school swag.

Monday

Silver

Post by Monday » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:22 am

Last edited by Monday on Thu May 11, 2017 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:23 am

JJ-I like Georgetown's the most probably. Berkeley is alright too. Dark blue is the way to go.

e: forgot about mich.
Last edited by Rigo on Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

S.Picquery

Silver

Post by S.Picquery » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:23 am

pretzeltime wrote:
Leliana wrote:

I think it also depends. My younger brother overcame a LOT to get to college, and he got into the best public school in our state with a full-ride (we both knew we would have to get full rides to go to school, bc our parents don't support us financially). So when he got me a sweatshirt with his school on it... well, I still wear it all the time. I am just so proud of this kid. Plus everyone at my job dresses casually, so they don't give a crap.

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:23 am

Monday wrote: E: That Columbia color...
I vomited.

Thelaw23

Silver

Post by Thelaw23 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:23 am

Monday wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:Speaking of apparel, who has the coolest looking sweaters? Through this process, I have found out that schools need to pick up on their law school branded sweater game. A lot of them are not law school specific.
:lol: Yale's and UVA's are awful. I vote Michigan's.

E: That Columbia color...

I really love Columbia's the most.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:25 am

Thelaw23 wrote:
Monday wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:Speaking of apparel, who has the coolest looking sweaters? Through this process, I have found out that schools need to pick up on their law school branded sweater game. A lot of them are not law school specific.
You are a garbage person.

Thelaw23

Silver

Post by Thelaw23 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:25 am

Rigo wrote:
Thelaw23 wrote:
Monday wrote:
You are a garbage person.

:evil: Take it back baby blue is the new black!!!

jjcorvino

Silver

Post by jjcorvino » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:26 am

Thelaw23 wrote:
Monday wrote:

All of the grey and dark blue depresses me. I think my favorite was Yale actually.

Thelaw23

Silver

Post by Thelaw23 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:26 am

I think when you see Columbia's color from far away you know exactly which hoodie it is.

You can't say the same for any other schools.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”