TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

10
10
83%
9
0
No votes
8
1
8%
7
0
No votes
6
0
No votes
5
0
No votes
4
0
No votes
3
1
8%
2
0
No votes
1
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 12

Hennessy

Gold
Posts: 2516
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:54 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (wearable gadgets poll)

Postby Hennessy » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:50 pm

honestly im already over law school

User avatar
Kopetz

Bronze
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:06 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (wearable gadgets poll)

Postby Kopetz » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:34 pm

not big on chauvinism over Law School Preftige but lol:

Image

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (wearable gadgets poll)

Postby Rigo » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:35 pm

Kopetz wrote:not big on chauvinism over Law School Preftige but lol:

Image

Number 2 what

User avatar
Kopetz

Bronze
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:06 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (wearable gadgets poll)

Postby Kopetz » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:37 pm

Rigo wrote:
Kopetz wrote:not big on chauvinism over Law School Preftige but lol:

Image

Number 2 what


that's the whole subject line. body text was tl;dr

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (wearable gadgets poll)

Postby Rigo » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:39 pm

Kopetz wrote:
Rigo wrote:
Kopetz wrote:not big on chauvinism over Law School Preftige but lol:

Image

Number 2 what


that's the whole subject line. body text was tl;dr

Yale
Drexel
Harvard
Stanford
Cooley
Columbia

User avatar
Bob loblaw law blog

Bronze
Posts: 210
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:51 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (wearable gadgets poll)

Postby Bob loblaw law blog » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:05 pm

Just got UVA's scholarship offer after being admitted in sept. Apparently they are no longer doing the "no small scholarships" thing.

Ann Arbor is looking better and better.

Keilz

Gold
Posts: 2316
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (wearable gadgets poll)

Postby Keilz » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:25 pm

Bob loblaw law blog wrote:Just got UVA's scholarship offer after being admitted in sept. Apparently they are no longer doing the "no small scholarships" thing.

Ann Arbor is looking better and better.


Sorry but what does this mean?

User avatar
Bob loblaw law blog

Bronze
Posts: 210
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:51 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (wearable gadgets poll)

Postby Bob loblaw law blog » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:36 pm

Keilz wrote:
Bob loblaw law blog wrote:Just got UVA's scholarship offer after being admitted in sept. Apparently they are no longer doing the "no small scholarships" thing.

Ann Arbor is looking better and better.


Sorry but what does this mean?


From what I can tell from past years' threads UVA used to give out a lot less scholarships but they were almost always 50k+, I got one lower today so I was saying that made schools that have given me significant money seem more appealing now that UVA is (at least temporarily) off the table for me. Sorry I could see how it could be confusing.

canafsa

Bronze
Posts: 348
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:50 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (wearable gadgets poll)

Postby canafsa » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:40 pm

.
Last edited by canafsa on Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
dasq5511

Bronze
Posts: 191
Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 3:52 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (wearable gadgets poll)

Postby dasq5511 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:19 am

New poll suggestion: how much time do you spend on TLS per day?

-0-30mins
-30mins-1hr
-1-2hrs
-2+hrs
-My day mostly consists of refreshing TLS

Keilz

Gold
Posts: 2316
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (wearable gadgets poll)

Postby Keilz » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:38 pm

Sitting here depressed that I'm still waiting for my top two choices and the fact that I have no idea if I'll end up in the same place as my long term boyfriend. Also worried about taking time off of work to visit schools during the busiest month of the year. :( over four months of waiting takes a toll on you!

Hennessy

Gold
Posts: 2516
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:54 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (wearable gadgets poll)

Postby Hennessy » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:52 am

Keilz wrote:Sitting here depressed that I'm still waiting for my top two choices and the fact that I have no idea if I'll end up in the same place as my long term boyfriend. Also worried about taking time off of work to visit schools during the busiest month of the year. :( over four months of waiting takes a toll on you!


I am in same boat - my s.o. can't leave NYC because there are no dance opportunities in southern cities and she cant break her contracts with her companies. But i can't do NYC anymore. So we are at an impasse.

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (wearable gadgets poll)

Postby Rigo » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:25 am

So today is the day I figure out need-based aid and I'm lost.
Parents make $100k-$150k but won't be helping me out.
What did most middle-ish class people do?
Leave them off FAFSA but include on CSS or what?

Thanks for the help.

Keilz

Gold
Posts: 2316
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (wearable gadgets poll)

Postby Keilz » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:28 am

Rigo wrote:So today is the day I figure out need-based aid and I'm lost.
Parents make $100k-$150k but won't be helping me out.
What did most middle-ish class people do?
Leave them off FAFSA but include on CSS or what?

Thanks for the help.


I just included their info on both CSS and FAFSA. Most schools require it and I don't think it would hurt you.

Keilz

Gold
Posts: 2316
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (wearable gadgets poll)

Postby Keilz » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:28 am

HennessyVSOP wrote:
Keilz wrote:Sitting here depressed that I'm still waiting for my top two choices and the fact that I have no idea if I'll end up in the same place as my long term boyfriend. Also worried about taking time off of work to visit schools during the busiest month of the year. :( over four months of waiting takes a toll on you!


I am in same boat - my s.o. can't leave NYC because there are no dance opportunities in southern cities and she cant break her contracts with her companies. But i can't do NYC anymore. So we are at an impasse.


ah man, I'm sorry to hear that. It's tough!

Hennessy

Gold
Posts: 2516
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:54 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (wearable gadgets poll)

Postby Hennessy » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:30 am

Keilz wrote:
HennessyVSOP wrote:
Keilz wrote:Sitting here depressed that I'm still waiting for my top two choices and the fact that I have no idea if I'll end up in the same place as my long term boyfriend. Also worried about taking time off of work to visit schools during the busiest month of the year. :( over four months of waiting takes a toll on you!


I am in same boat - my s.o. can't leave NYC because there are no dance opportunities in southern cities and she cant break her contracts with her companies. But i can't do NYC anymore. So we are at an impasse.


ah man, I'm sorry to hear that. It's tough!


All good - is your long-term bf going to law school as well? or you just don't know if he'll be able to join you wherever you go?

Keilz

Gold
Posts: 2316
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (wearable gadgets poll)

Postby Keilz » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:39 am

HennessyVSOP wrote:
Keilz wrote:
HennessyVSOP wrote:
Keilz wrote:Sitting here depressed that I'm still waiting for my top two choices and the fact that I have no idea if I'll end up in the same place as my long term boyfriend. Also worried about taking time off of work to visit schools during the busiest month of the year. :( over four months of waiting takes a toll on you!


I am in same boat - my s.o. can't leave NYC because there are no dance opportunities in southern cities and she cant break her contracts with her companies. But i can't do NYC anymore. So we are at an impasse.


ah man, I'm sorry to hear that. It's tough!


All good - is your long-term bf going to law school as well? or you just don't know if he'll be able to join you wherever you go?


he is about to graduate medical school and has applied to MD residency programs, but there is a "match" process where you rank your programs and then the programs rank you and you are matched by a computer. It's binding so you have to go wherever you're matched.

User avatar
airwrecka

Silver
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:54 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (wearable gadgets poll)

Postby airwrecka » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:40 am

Rigo wrote:So today is the day I figure out need-based aid and I'm lost.
Parents make $100k-$150k but won't be helping me out.
What did most middle-ish class people do?
Leave them off FAFSA but include on CSS or what?

Thanks for the help.


According to FAFSA, I'm independent because I'm married, so I didn't put my parents' info on FAFSA. For the schools that I sent CSS to, though, I had to include my parents' info, so I did. Unless you're 30 (in most cases), you don't really have an option to leave them off of CSS.

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (wearable gadgets poll)

Postby Rigo » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:44 am

airwrecka wrote:
Rigo wrote:So today is the day I figure out need-based aid and I'm lost.
Parents make $100k-$150k but won't be helping me out.
What did most middle-ish class people do?
Leave them off FAFSA but include on CSS or what?
Thanks for the help.

According to FAFSA, I'm independent because I'm married, so I didn't put my parents' info on FAFSA. For the schools that I sent CSS to, though, I had to include my parents' info, so I did. Unless you're 30 (in most cases), you don't really have an option to leave them off of CSS.

Okay time to call them and ask for their tax returns. Hopefully they don't pull a Romney/Trump and leave me hanging. :mrgreen:

Or I can just go full child and send them my tax returns and tell them to have fun doing it for me.

User avatar
em15

Bronze
Posts: 385
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:39 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (wearable gadgets poll)

Postby em15 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:45 am

Rigo wrote:So today is the day I figure out need-based aid and I'm lost.
Parents make $100k-$150k but won't be helping me out.
What did most middle-ish class people do?
Leave them off FAFSA but include on CSS or what?

Thanks for the help.

I didn't include them for fafsa. I looked on each school's website and didn't see parent stuff required for the schools I applied to

Edit: I have seen it on the financial aid site for some schools that do require it, so I would check with the schools you applied to
Last edited by em15 on Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
airwrecka

Silver
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:54 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (wearable gadgets poll)

Postby airwrecka » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:53 am

Rigo wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
Rigo wrote:So today is the day I figure out need-based aid and I'm lost.
Parents make $100k-$150k but won't be helping me out.
What did most middle-ish class people do?
Leave them off FAFSA but include on CSS or what?
Thanks for the help.

According to FAFSA, I'm independent because I'm married, so I didn't put my parents' info on FAFSA. For the schools that I sent CSS to, though, I had to include my parents' info, so I did. Unless you're 30 (in most cases), you don't really have an option to leave them off of CSS.

Okay time to call them and ask for their tax returns. Hopefully they don't pull a Romney/Trump and leave me hanging. :mrgreen:

Or I can just go full child and send them my tax returns and tell them to have fun doing it for me.


Hahaha my parents refuse to let me see their info, so I had to enter all my personal info into the application, then send it to my mom and she entered my parents' stuff and then sent the app in for me, so I could never see it :lol:

User avatar
SmallK

Bronze
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:09 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (wearable gadgets poll)

Postby SmallK » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:59 am

airwrecka wrote:
Rigo wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
Rigo wrote:So today is the day I figure out need-based aid and I'm lost.
Parents make $100k-$150k but won't be helping me out.
What did most middle-ish class people do?
Leave them off FAFSA but include on CSS or what?
Thanks for the help.

According to FAFSA, I'm independent because I'm married, so I didn't put my parents' info on FAFSA. For the schools that I sent CSS to, though, I had to include my parents' info, so I did. Unless you're 30 (in most cases), you don't really have an option to leave them off of CSS.

Okay time to call them and ask for their tax returns. Hopefully they don't pull a Romney/Trump and leave me hanging. :mrgreen:

Or I can just go full child and send them my tax returns and tell them to have fun doing it for me.


Hahaha my parents refuse to let me see their info, so I had to enter all my personal info into the application, then send it to my mom and she entered my parents' stuff and then sent the app in for me, so I could never see it :lol:


FYI, a few schools did require it (Chicago, Penn, Berkeley, and NYU on my list). They all had a few exceptions that I didn't meet (I'm under 30 and not married), but if you're worried, I'd double check! On the plus side, it's wayyyyy easier to add them to FAFSA than CSS!

(also, lol Romney/Trump bahah)

User avatar
airwrecka

Silver
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:54 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (wearable gadgets poll)

Postby airwrecka » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:01 pm

SmallK wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
Rigo wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
Rigo wrote:So today is the day I figure out need-based aid and I'm lost.
Parents make $100k-$150k but won't be helping me out.
What did most middle-ish class people do?
Leave them off FAFSA but include on CSS or what?
Thanks for the help.

According to FAFSA, I'm independent because I'm married, so I didn't put my parents' info on FAFSA. For the schools that I sent CSS to, though, I had to include my parents' info, so I did. Unless you're 30 (in most cases), you don't really have an option to leave them off of CSS.

Okay time to call them and ask for their tax returns. Hopefully they don't pull a Romney/Trump and leave me hanging. :mrgreen:

Or I can just go full child and send them my tax returns and tell them to have fun doing it for me.


Hahaha my parents refuse to let me see their info, so I had to enter all my personal info into the application, then send it to my mom and she entered my parents' stuff and then sent the app in for me, so I could never see it :lol:


FYI, a few schools did require it (Chicago, Penn, Berkeley, and NYU on my list). They all had a few exceptions that I didn't meet (I'm under 30 and not married), but if you're worried, I'd double check! On the plus side, it's wayyyyy easier to add them to FAFSA than CSS!

(also, lol Romney/Trump bahah)


Hmmmm I already sent in NYU's app and I included my parents' info on the app, but I did not include them on FAFSA. Crap, now I'm worried...

User avatar
SmallK

Bronze
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:09 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (wearable gadgets poll)

Postby SmallK » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:01 pm

Keilz wrote:
he is about to graduate medical school and has applied to MD residency programs, but there is a "match" process where you rank your programs and then the programs rank you and you are matched by a computer. It's binding so you have to go wherever you're matched.


My bf matches next year, and even though it'll be MUCH easier to coordinate as a 1L, I'm freaking out a little bit. Good luck to you guys!! That's got to be nerve wracking -- sending positive vibes for match day :)

Keilz

Gold
Posts: 2316
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (wearable gadgets poll)

Postby Keilz » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:02 pm

SmallK wrote:
Keilz wrote:
he is about to graduate medical school and has applied to MD residency programs, but there is a "match" process where you rank your programs and then the programs rank you and you are matched by a computer. It's binding so you have to go wherever you're matched.


My bf matches next year, and even though it'll be MUCH easier to coordinate as a 1L, I'm freaking out a little bit. Good luck to you guys!! That's got to be nerve wracking -- sending positive vibes for match day :)


Thanks! so good to find another person who gets it! My original plan was to go to law school last year, so it would've been easier to coordinate his program, but I needed to retake the LSAT so it put a big wrench in our plans. :(



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Droctulf, ParisHilton and 10 guests