TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

83%
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

Mikey

Platinum

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (aging poll)

Postby Mikey » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:28 am

Rigo wrote:YP'd everywhere.

Wait, seriously? That's brutal, man. :(

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:30 am

Mikey wrote:

Nope; joke, sorry.
I only applied to one school where I'm over both 75ths and haven't gotten decision yet.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:44 am

Rigo wrote:
Mikey wrote:

Nope; joke, sorry.
I only applied to one school where I'm over both 75ths and haven't gotten decision yet.

Oh, haha alrighty then. I was about to say damn, that is truly upsetting.

Dodocogon

Silver

Postby Dodocogon » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:35 pm

proteinshake wrote:
Dodocogon wrote:
proteinshake wrote:if my internet is super slow wirelessly but super fast wired does that mean I have a crap router?

You know this answer in your heart. So yeah, probably! Do you have a router/modem combo thing that came from your provider? Those usually suck.

yeah I get it from my provider. is there anything you recommend?

Not really, unfortunately. One of my roommates is in CS and really into this stuff so I don't know much, other than that he is pretty insufferable when things aren't working well... We're currently in a big house built in the 60's so he's taken it upon himself to create a wireless network that works for the house, i.e. drilling holes in the floor to get a second router downstairs and all that. I can ask hm if you want lol

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:38 pm

Dodocogon wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
Dodocogon wrote:
proteinshake wrote:if my internet is super slow wirelessly but super fast wired does that mean I have a crap router?

You know this answer in your heart. So yeah, probably! Do you have a router/modem combo thing that came from your provider? Those usually suck.

yeah I get it from my provider. is there anything you recommend?

Not really, unfortunately. One of my roommates is in CS and really into this stuff so I don't know much, other than that he is pretty insufferable when things aren't working well... We're currently in a big house built in the 60's so he's taken it upon himself to create a wireless network that works for the house, i.e. drilling holes in the floor to get a second router downstairs and all that. I can ask hm if you want lol

nah don't worry about it haha, I have some computer savvy friends I can ask as well. thanks though! :D

Dodocogon

Silver

Postby Dodocogon » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:48 pm

Copying other people's notes/handwriting in general to type is so tedious - I hope I'll never have to make anyone do mine!

airwrecka

Silver

Postby airwrecka » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:12 pm

Dodocogon wrote:Copying other people's notes/handwriting in general to type is so tedious - I hope I'll never have to make anyone do mine!

I'm a legal assistant, and when I first started I primarily worked for the oldest attorney at our firm who is super old-school. He has TERRIBLE hand-writing, and it's my job to enter his timesheets into our billing software. The first time I had to do it, I legitimately could not read a single word he had written. (That has changed after a more than a year, though. Now I'm the expert on deciphering his notes.)

Keilz

Gold

Postby Keilz » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:28 pm

Does anyone else have a stressful paralegal job?Kind of want to leave early and get any easier job but our busy season lasts until end of march.
And we have some staffing issues so I need to give as much notice as possible to be a decent person.

Also I work in immigration so times are particularly volatile.

chandhi

Gold

Postby chandhi » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:37 pm

Keilz wrote:Does anyone else have a stressful paralegal job?Kind of want to leave early and get any easier job but our busy season lasts until end of march.
And we have some staffing issues so I need to give as much notice as possible to be a decent person.

Yes. I love my job but started during finals week before graduating and have taken zero days off so far that are not law school related. I want a little break before starting school again. I'll probably leave at the end of June.

When are you planning on leaving? And when are you planning to give notice? I'm tentatively thinking I'll give notice as soon as I decide on a school.

Hennessy

Gold

Postby Hennessy » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:57 pm

Keilz wrote:Does anyone else have a stressful paralegal job?Kind of want to leave early and get any easier job but our busy season lasts until end of march.

i work 10-8, it's pretty stressful
view from my new office is pretty nice tho (firm just moved)
[+] Spoiler

immigration firm, i'd love to hear more about it (PM me if you wanna brag a little!)

airwrecka

Silver

Postby airwrecka » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:59 pm

HennessyVSOP wrote:

[+] Spoiler

immigration firm, i'd love to hear more about it (PM me if you wanna brag a little!)

10-8? Those seem like strange hours. Is there a particular reason? Also, that view is amazing! I don't even have a window by my desk (although our view is nothing exciting so who really cares).

Also, @Keilz--I'm also interested in hearing about your immigration paralegal work!

Hennessy

Gold

Postby Hennessy » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Last edited by Hennessy on Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

alpha kenny body

Gold

Postby alpha kenny body » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:06 pm

HennessyVSOP wrote:
airwrecka wrote:10-8? Those seem like strange hours. Is there a particular reason? Also, that view is amazing! I don't even have a window by my desk (although our view is nothing exciting so who really cares).

Also, @Keilz--I'm also interested in hearing about your immigration paralegal work!

work for a partner who comes in from 11-7
my actual workday is 10-6, but I'm usually here an extra 2 hours finishing work

KEILZ TELL US

at my last job (ven cap/REIT), my hours were 10-5; and the partners would come in from 12-3, buy us lunch, then fumble around with their desk drawers (skiing), and then leave.

jdanz

Bronze

Postby jdanz » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:26 pm

lol just got an e-mail from Yale encouraging me to apply. Anyone else get this?

chargers21

Gold

Postby chargers21 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:37 pm

jdanz wrote:lol just got an e-mail from Yale encouraging me to apply. Anyone else get this?

I got one from Harvard like 3 days ago, telling me about their Feb 1st deadline. And I'm like yeah, I have good numbers, but not thattttt good

chargers21

Gold

Postby chargers21 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:42 pm

I think I'm going to end up with a WL from all 3 schools that I wrote a why X for. 2 that I'd have expected to get into. In case anyone is wondering about the viability of those things. Apparently my complete lack of focused interest in my application materials to other schools has been a positive, as I got into 3 higher ranked schools than either of those 2 using generic applications with no additional essays

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:51 pm

Instrumental wrote:Got in at UCLA today just shortly after I had my skype interview. Very excited! =)

nicccc333

eta: still waiting complete 1/10

jjcorvino

Silver

Postby jjcorvino » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:53 pm

chargers21 wrote:I think I'm going to end up with a WL from all 3 schools that I wrote a why X for. 2 that I'd have expected to get into. In case anyone is wondering about the viability of those things. Apparently my complete lack of focused interest in my application materials to other schools has been a positive, as I got into 3 higher ranked schools than either of those 2 using generic applications with no additional essays

I did not write a Whyx for any school besides Cornell (because they make you in the app). I have only been denied from Cornell and accepted everywhere else that has given me a decision. :lol:

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Postby Mr_Chukes » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:00 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
Instrumental wrote:Got in at UCLA today just shortly after I had my skype interview. Very excited! =)

nicccc333

eta: still waiting complete 1/10

Complete since 12/07 lmao

Dodocogon

Silver

Postby Dodocogon » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:40 pm

Started the month off with my first negotiation email, leggo. Starting the process to build up to my target school...

pleasesendhelp

Bronze

Postby pleasesendhelp » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:57 pm

Dodocogon wrote:Started the month off with my first negotiation email, leggo. Starting the process to build up to my target school...

"Money Pleeeaaaaase"

Full ride at HLS guaranteed

ashrice13

Gold

Postby ashrice13 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:58 pm

HennessyVSOP wrote:

[+] Spoiler

Damn. I was trying to take a picture of my view but I can't without including identifying info of either me or my company.

Basically, I see cement walls.

chargers21

Gold

Postby chargers21 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:03 pm

pleasesendhelp wrote:
Dodocogon wrote:Started the month off with my first negotiation email, leggo. Starting the process to build up to my target school...

"Money Pleeeaaaaase"

Dodocogon

Silver

Postby Dodocogon » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:04 pm

pleasesendhelp wrote:

"Money Pleeeaaaaase"
gimme.img

Where'd you find my negotiation letter???

Dovaking

New

Postby Dovaking » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:23 pm

Every email notification I get:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1Y73sPHKxw

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?