TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

83%
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

ashrice13

Gold

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (taking poll suggestions)

Postby ashrice13 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:34 pm

Michigan law is trying really hard to be hip. They just sent me an email with this:

"...as of a few days ago, you haven’t sent us anything at all. What the what?"

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:35 pm

ashrice13 wrote:Michigan law is trying really hard to be hip. They just sent me an email with this:

"...as of a few days ago, you haven’t sent us anything at all. What the what?"

Lol, it's just part of their strategy, I think. All of their emails are pretty casual and arguably humorous.

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:37 pm

Is it a bad idea to withdraw an application before getting a decision?

S.Picquery

Silver

Postby S.Picquery » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:27 pm

brinicolec wrote:Is it a bad idea to withdraw an application before getting a decision?

I would assume yes, if it can feasibly used as a FinAid bargaining chip.

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:42 pm

S.Picquery wrote:
brinicolec wrote:Is it a bad idea to withdraw an application before getting a decision?

Meh, I'm not sure. They're known for giving out a lot of money, which would make me think they're not a good bargaining chip.

guynourmin

Gold

Postby guynourmin » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:01 pm

brinicolec wrote:
S.Picquery wrote:

Meh, I'm not sure. They're known for giving out a lot of money, which would make me think they're not a good bargaining chip.

wustl? only reason to withdraw is if you don't want to interview. nothing wrong with a practice interview, even if you don't care. and who knows - maybe a full ride to wustl could persuade you. its a really pretty school! lol

S.Picquery

Silver

Postby S.Picquery » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:05 pm

brinicolec wrote:Meh, I'm not sure. They're known for giving out a lot of money, which would make me think they're not a good bargaining chip.

Could just be another point in your case when all of CCN finally says yes to you (rooting for ya), but honestly it feels like you're not waiting out because either:
a) you think this school (I assume WUSTL) will give you a full ride, or close, and you don't want to be tempted away from your better admits, or
b) you just want the cycle to be the that much closer to over.

If it's a) and you're not debt-averse, go ahead and withdraw. If you are debt-averse, it honestly couldn't hurt to let it lie.
If it's b) then I feel you, but maybe just wait til all your other schools give you a reply? It won't prolong your cycle that way, and you can just (hopefully) put it out of your mind in the meanwhile.

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:06 pm

S.Picquery wrote:
brinicolec wrote:Meh, I'm not sure. They're known for giving out a lot of money, which would make me think they're not a good bargaining chip.

Could just be another point in your case when all of CCN finally says yes to you (rooting for ya), but honestly it feels like you're not waiting out because either:
a) you think this school (I assume WUSTL) will give you a full ride, or close, and you don't want to be tempted away from your better admits, or
b) you just want the cycle to be the that much closer to over.

If it's a) and you're not debt-averse, go ahead and withdraw. If you are debt-averse, it honestly couldn't hurt to let it lie.
If it's b) then I feel you, but maybe just wait til all your other schools give you a reply? It won't prolong your cycle that way, and you can just (hopefully) put it out of your mind in the meanwhile.

It's b, lol. I'm just over it. What is "it" exactly? I'm not even sure :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:07 pm

guybourdin wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
S.Picquery wrote:

wustl? only reason to withdraw is if you don't want to interview. nothing wrong with a practice interview, even if you don't care. and who knows - maybe a full ride to wustl could persuade you. its a really pretty school! lol

It won't persuade me, I promise lol. I don't think I have THOSE kinds of numbers anyway. I guess I'll just leave my app alone lol

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:44 am

Jumping back to computer questions:

People buying a new comp for school, when are you planning to make the purchase?

I think I'm going to get the Surface; I want the computer to be new to hopefully last through all three years, but I don't want to still be getting used to it during class.

I also don't know if I want to wait for the new edition, which will probably have months of problems but will also have the longest expected useful life.

This question is definitely not brought on by a tax refund burning a hole in my pocket...

jjcorvino

Silver

Postby jjcorvino » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:57 am

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:Jumping back to computer questions:

People buying a new comp for school, when are you planning to make the purchase?

I think I'm going to get the Surface; I want the computer to be new to hopefully last through all three years, but I don't want to still be getting used to it during class.

I also don't know if I want to wait for the new edition, which will probably have months of problems but will also have the longest expected useful life.

This question is definitely not brought on by a tax refund burning a hole in my pocket...

I think I am going to finally switch to Apple. Maybe I will put it on my wedding registry :lol:

Hennessy

Gold

Postby Hennessy » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:26 pm

MY TOP CHOICE STILL HASN'T ACCEPTED ME

i need to know

chargers21

Gold

Postby chargers21 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:51 pm

jjcorvino wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:Jumping back to computer questions:

I think I am going to finally switch to Apple. Maybe I will put it on my wedding registry :lol:

Don't cross over to the dark side

... Talking about Apple, not marriage :lol:

tuesdayninja

Bronze

Postby tuesdayninja » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:54 pm

Anyone not buying a new laptop? My 2011 MacBook Pro works fine, it just has some dings. I might just toss some more ram in that beesh and call it good.

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:56 pm

tuesdayninja wrote:Anyone not buying a new laptop? My 2011 MacBook Pro works fine, it just has some dings. I might just toss some more ram in that beesh and call it good.

mine is from early '11 and also in great shape but I'm being a brat so.... the air is looking pretty darn good right now. plus, they should be unveiling a new version of it soon so

#I'mNotMaterialistic

also I priced my pro for trade-in at Apple and they told me it's worth $300... damn shame.

jjcorvino

Silver

Postby jjcorvino » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:01 pm

mm2368 wrote:
tuesdayninja wrote:Anyone not buying a new laptop? My 2011 MacBook Pro works fine, it just has some dings. I might just toss some more ram in that beesh and call it good.

mine is from early '11 and also in great shape but I'm being a brat so.... the air is looking pretty darn good right now. plus, they should be unveiling a new version of it soon so

#I'mNotMaterialistic

also I priced my pro for trade-in at Apple and they told me it's worth $300... damn shame.

I have no idea how old mine is, but it is a lenovo thinkpad e420. I got it for free after I finished work on a campaign. I have used it forever, but I do not even know how to access the administrator profile :lol: . I think it is time.

airwrecka

Silver

Postby airwrecka » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:01 pm

I'm keeping mine. Granted, my laptop was stolen TWICE during undergrad, so my computer is still relatively new (got it in the Fall of 2013), and I have the Macbook Pro with retina disply and a SSD, so it's pretty light (not as light as the Air, but definitely lighter than the previous Macbooks).

Blue664

New

Postby Blue664 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:04 pm

Last edited by Blue664 on Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

R. Jeeves

Gold

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (new poll)

Postby R. Jeeves » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:11 pm

new poll

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:13 pm

HennessyVSOP wrote:MY TOP CHOICE STILL HASN'T ACCEPTED ME

i need to know

Same.

Hennessy

Gold

Postby Hennessy » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:32 pm

2012 Asus Zenbook Prime

i will take this laptop to the grave with me

jjcorvino

Silver

Postby jjcorvino » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:37 pm

When is the 2020 forum gonna pop up?

guynourmin

Gold

Postby guynourmin » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:39 pm

jjcorvino wrote:When is the 2020 forum gonna pop up?

seems like 2019 was a way before feb. ask the mods to set it up? should.

jjcorvino

Silver

Postby jjcorvino » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:42 pm

guybourdin wrote:

How do you contact them?

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:54 pm

jjcorvino wrote:
guybourdin wrote:

How do you contact them?

just tag one in a post.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?