TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

83%
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

tuesdayninja

Bronze

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (nu poal)

Postby tuesdayninja » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:17 pm

Schneidersbetter wrote:Was at the gunners match yesterday. Not ready to anoint chelsea just yet...

Oh my god my butt was so tight just watching on tv! I'm Thinking about making a trip to the emirates in march for the Leicester game.

Baby Gaga

Bronze

Postby Baby Gaga » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:19 pm

I voted yes, but I seriously considered voting yeah. Arsenal and Tottenham are not in the business of winning major titles, Liverpool is not world class and the Manchester teams are too far behind.

RParadela

Silver

Postby RParadela » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:30 pm

PL teams at the top just aren't that great. I don't think this Chelsea team is a juggernaut by any means, but who else is going to win the title?

Schneidersbetter

Bronze

Postby Schneidersbetter » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:33 pm

tuesdayninja wrote:
Schneidersbetter wrote:Was at the gunners match yesterday. Not ready to anoint chelsea just yet...

Oh my god my butt was so tight just watching on tv! I'm Thinking about making a trip to the emirates in march for the Leicester game.

So worth it. Was mental, I was behind Heaton on penalty. Sanchez was so freaking nonchalant. O and koscielny is such class

Edited for autocottect
Last edited by Schneidersbetter on Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

airwrecka

Silver

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (NEW POLL)

Postby airwrecka » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:36 pm

chargers21 wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
NotAGolfer wrote:
chargers21 wrote:As a sidenote, I almost feel bad discussing my law school application experience with them because I'm choosing between t14 schools

I've felt the same way, especially if the discussion goes the direction of rankings/employment numbers/scholarships. And my LSAT study process/score. I frequently caveat my convos with "but I'm not saying anything bad about X school and I know several successful people with law degrees from there, including you!" Sometimes I worry I come off snobbish, even though I really try not to be. One of the reasons I like TLS - talking with all of my fellow uber ambitious (sometimes neurotic) applicants makes me feel a bit more sane :)

every time someone brings it up, I'm mostly just like "yeah I'm still waiting to hear back from a bunch of places so idk"

TLS has definitely helped me out with being able to talk to people who have done their research and are educated about the process. And yeah protein, I don't know how many times I've had to tell people that. I got a full ride from my local t25 school, and everyone was like, "why wouldn't you go?!?" And then I got into Duke, and I got the same thing again from everyone. I mean, I'd love to go to Duke, and it's by far one of my top choices, but people aren't aware of how much money Duke costs
edit: Forgot to mention how many people question me taking the LSAT again in February after getting into great schools, including my very sceptical parents who want me to just relax and take out my loans

Jumping in on this convo to say that I feel you all! My mother-in-law and sister-in-law are both attorneys who went to TT law schools and were trying to get me to apply to those schools...and honestly kind of scoff at me when I talk about going to a T14. :roll: I was also talking to an attorney friend of my sister-in-law's this weekend who was like oh yeah, so you could go to (law school he went to--TT) or you could go to (law school associated with my UG university/T25 range) but it would be a lot more money to go to the latter. what he doesn't know is that I've already been offered a full-ride to the latter and will most likely be turning it down to go to a T14. and yeah, I'm retaking in Feb too, which blows everyone's minds haha.

pretty much every day I tell my husband "I feel like I can't talk about law school with anyone without sounding like a snooty asshole!" thankfully he's just like "girl you WORKED FOR IT! you have every right to be proud and you're not bragging by telling people about your excitement." good guy, my husband ;)

dietcoke1

Silver

Postby dietcoke1 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:50 pm

Did MS9 ever say when we can expect more cycle data?

CPA-->JD

Bronze

Postby CPA-->JD » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:23 pm

Did anyone who applied after the Dec LSAT came out hear back from any of the T-14?

Pozzo

Gold

Postby Pozzo » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:30 pm

CPA-->JD wrote:Did anyone who applied after the Dec LSAT came out hear back from any of the T-14?

Duke PT, but otherwise, no.

CPA-->JD

Bronze

Postby CPA-->JD » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:43 pm

Pozzo wrote:
CPA-->JD wrote:Did anyone who applied after the Dec LSAT came out hear back from any of the T-14?

Any clue when we"ll start to hear back? Going out of my mind currently...

Pozzo

Gold

Postby Pozzo » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:54 pm

CPA-->JD wrote:
Pozzo wrote:

Any clue when we"ll start to hear back? Going out of my mind currently...

Probably never, I would guess.

kiwi50

Bronze

Postby kiwi50 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:13 pm

Last edited by kiwi50 on Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:16 pm

kiwi50 wrote:Welp, that was an uneventful Monday

RIGHT?!?!?!?? lol

waldorf

Gold

Postby waldorf » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:29 pm

Right?

I've basically made my choice at this point since scholarship information has come in. I've pretty much given up on the other two schools I was interested in, lol.

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:33 pm

A couple people in the NYU thread are saying they've gone DLS :shock:

ms9

Gold

Postby ms9 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:01 pm

dietcoke1 wrote:Did MS9 ever say when we can expect more cycle data?

When we get it you get it and for sure yes.

haley12

Silver

Postby haley12 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:05 pm

Yup... :roll: Maybe this week will be a little more active.

Dodocogon

Silver

Postby Dodocogon » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:44 am

Sent out acceptance letters today!

To my UG's Honors Program :oops:

BobBoblaw

Bronze

Postby BobBoblaw » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:52 am

Since December score release I have gotten an interview invite from Georgetown and a ding from Cornell.

Technically I submitted my applications in December, but they didn't go complete with my CAS report until the December score release in January.

jstans

Bronze

Postby jstans » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:55 am

Do we need to know what school we're attending for sure when filling out FAFSA?

airwrecka

Silver

Postby airwrecka » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:56 am

jstans wrote:Do we need to know what school we're attending for sure when filling out FAFSA?

No, you can edit the schools after you have submitted. You can list up to ten schools on the form.

Hennessy

Gold

Postby Hennessy » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:58 am

I am 4/4 on acceptances so far, but my top choice is still processing ---- HNGGGGG.

Got into my local regional strongs with a full scholarship, but trying hard to calmly explain to my family that this is not as impressive as it seems and I really need that Tier 2.

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Postby Mr_Chukes » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:12 pm

airwrecka wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
NotAGolfer wrote:
chargers21 wrote:As a sidenote, I almost feel bad discussing my law school application experience with them because I'm choosing between t14 schools

I've felt the same way, especially if the discussion goes the direction of rankings/employment numbers/scholarships. And my LSAT study process/score. I frequently caveat my convos with "but I'm not saying anything bad about X school and I know several successful people with law degrees from there, including you!" Sometimes I worry I come off snobbish, even though I really try not to be. One of the reasons I like TLS - talking with all of my fellow uber ambitious (sometimes neurotic) applicants makes me feel a bit more sane :)

every time someone brings it up, I'm mostly just like "yeah I'm still waiting to hear back from a bunch of places so idk"

TLS has definitely helped me out with being able to talk to people who have done their research and are educated about the process. And yeah protein, I don't know how many times I've had to tell people that. I got a full ride from my local t25 school, and everyone was like, "why wouldn't you go?!?" And then I got into Duke, and I got the same thing again from everyone. I mean, I'd love to go to Duke, and it's by far one of my top choices, but people aren't aware of how much money Duke costs
edit: Forgot to mention how many people question me taking the LSAT again in February after getting into great schools, including my very sceptical parents who want me to just relax and take out my loans

Jumping in on this convo to say that I feel you all! My mother-in-law and sister-in-law are both attorneys who went to TT law schools and were trying to get me to apply to those schools...and honestly kind of scoff at me when I talk about going to a T14. :roll: I was also talking to an attorney friend of my sister-in-law's this weekend who was like oh yeah, so you could go to (law school he went to--TT) or you could go to (law school associated with my UG university/T25 range) but it would be a lot more money to go to the latter. what he doesn't know is that I've already been offered a full-ride to the latter and will most likely be turning it down to go to a T14. and yeah, I'm retaking in Feb too, which blows everyone's minds haha.

pretty much every day I tell my husband "I feel like I can't talk about law school with anyone without sounding like a snooty asshole!" thankfully he's just like "girl you WORKED FOR IT! you have every right to be proud and you're not bragging by telling people about your excitement." good guy, my husband ;)

Yeah it's crazy I couldn't talk to any of my professors because they didn't understand how much more benefits you get going to a tier one school. They told me I could take a full ride from a t60 school near by. One even told me I could use that scholarship to negotiate with USC. He is an lawyer as well. At that moment I knew I was right about not taking any of his advice before. I love having people on this site to talk to and you guys educate me more and more. Thank you guys!

waldorf

Gold

Postby waldorf » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:14 pm

Mr_Chukes wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
NotAGolfer wrote:

Yeah it's crazy I couldn't talk to any of my professors because they didn't understand how much more benefits you get going to a tier one school. They told me I could take a full ride from a t60 school near by. One even told me I could use that scholarship to negotiate with USC. He is an lawyer as well. At that moment I knew I was right about not taking any of his advice before. I love having people on this site to talk to and you guys educate me more and more. Thank you guys!

Before I found this board, I was ready to go where I went for undergrad at a full ride (ranked around 65th I believe). This board quite literally changed my life.

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Postby Mr_Chukes » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:15 pm

HennessyVSOP wrote:I am 4/4 on acceptances so far, but my top choice is still processing ---- HNGGGGG.

Got into my local regional strongs with a full scholarship, but trying hard to calmly explain to my family that this is not as impressive as it seems and I really need that Tier 2.

I had to do the same. I had to prepare a persuasive speech that listed out the pros and cons. It's hard talking to people who aren't in the know about this process.

Dodocogon

Silver

Postby Dodocogon » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:44 pm

Mr_Chukes wrote:Yeah it's crazy I couldn't talk to any of my professors because they didn't understand how much more benefits you get going to a tier one school. They told me I could take a full ride from a t60 school near by. One even told me I could use that scholarship to negotiate with USC. He is an lawyer as well. At that moment I knew I was right about not taking any of his advice before. I love having people on this site to talk to and you guys educate me more and more. Thank you guys!

It is interesting how far removed any decently long-practicing lawyer is from the application/school playing field right now... legal field definitely morphed throughout the 2000's.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?