TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

83%
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

Thelaw23

Silver

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (NEW POLL)

Postby Thelaw23 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:16 pm

Sarastro wrote:
Thelaw23 wrote:Really discouraged over here...

174-176 LSAT range, 3.5-3.7 range gpa. WL from 3 schools, accept in GT and Fordham. Silence from the rest, which 95% means WL from all those schools as they haven't really begun to WL or Reject people yet.

We have similar numbers. I don't know if you should necessarily assume that silence = WL. There have been a couple T14s just this last week that I hadn't heard anything from in weeks/months that I just abruptly got accepted to. MS9 has said this could be a very weird cycle and I think that's being played out- at least some places. I think some places might turn around and surprise you. Don't lose hope!

Thank you! Keeping me alive here! Haha

RParadela

Silver

Postby RParadela » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:19 pm

Thelaw23 wrote:
RParadela wrote:

174-176 LSAT range, 3.5-3.7 range gpa. WL from 3 schools, accept in GT and Fordham. Silence from the rest, which 95% means WL from all those schools as they haven't really begun to WL or Reject people yet.

Don't know why UPenn has been waiting to WL my splitter self.

I'm just not sure what I did wrong... I felt so confident with my app and score. Wondering if the fact my first take was 165 affected everything that way.

I also applied all the way in September.

I know the sensible thing to do would be to apply next cycle again, but I just can't imagine having to wait another year as I already took this gap year. It's psychologically draining.

What 3 schools did you get WL'd at? Assuming you are at school's 75% for GPA I can't imagine you wouldn't be getting in to most of the T14s

UVA, Duke, Cornell.

I was stupid and didn't write Why Essays for any school other than Columbia.

I had a C&F issue which I had to disclose pretty much only in NY schools.

NYU has me UR2 since 10/28 and Columbia didn't take me in the first wave, which is weird considering I went complete somewhere around 9/20.

Thanks for the encouraging words guys! Let's see what happens.

I don't think why essays make that much of a difference unless you think you might be getting hit with YP. I think sometimes you just get unlucky idk.

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:21 pm

TexasENG wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
TexasENG wrote:
Keilz wrote:I only have 2 status checkers left to check. It's anticlimactic

Same here, just Cornell and NYU left, and not really expecting much from either of them. Hoping to hear back on some $$$ from schools though, but there's nothing really to track on those.

Must be nice. I still have more apps out than in lol

Yeah lol, I realize this is a good problem to have at this point in the cycle. You should have a pretty solid cycle with your stats tho, just hang in there!

[+] Spoiler

I think my GPA has put a damper on things, unfortunately :roll: I just keep telling myself I already got admitted to one T10 so either way, even if everywhere else WL or rejects me (plz don't NYU I love you), I'm in good shape.

Thelaw23

Silver

Postby Thelaw23 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:21 pm

RParadela wrote:
Thelaw23 wrote:
RParadela wrote:

I'm just not sure what I did wrong... I felt so confident with my app and score. Wondering if the fact my first take was 165 affected everything that way.

I know the sensible thing to do would be to apply next cycle again, but I just can't imagine having to wait another year as I already took this gap year. It's psychologically draining.

What 3 schools did you get WL'd at? Assuming you are at school's 75% for GPA I can't imagine you wouldn't be getting in to most of the T14s

UVA, Duke, Cornell.

NYU has me UR2 since 10/28 and Columbia didn't take me in the first wave, which is weird considering I went complete somewhere around 9/20.

I don't think why essays make that much of a difference unless you think you might be getting hit with YP. I think sometimes you just get unlucky idk.

Originally I was thinking, eh, UVA and Duke must be YP'ing me. Then NYU and Columbia isn't taking me and I just got mortified.

Could it be bad recommendation? Ugh, who knows.

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:24 pm

RParadela wrote:
Thelaw23 wrote:
RParadela wrote:

UVA, Duke, Cornell.

Idk, I think it depends on the school. Like I think numbers are important for Michigan (of course) but since they're really big on community, they want to know why you want Michigan and know that you'd be a good fit (and not a gunner).

guynourmin

Gold

Postby guynourmin » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:32 pm

Thelaw23 wrote:Could it be bad recommendation? Ugh, who knows.

it might be your avatar rubbing me this way, but if its something, my first guess would be a smug/arrogant PS, not a bad rec. Although my real first guess would be you'll have at least 3-4 t14 acceptances by the end of Feb. Obviously not as quick as you would have liked, but I think they come through eventually.

Also, I definitely don't think it was the 165 (I went 167-173)

Assasindowntheavenue

Silver

Postby Assasindowntheavenue » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:33 pm

RParadela wrote:
Assasindowntheavenue wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
Instrumental wrote:Love closing the speech with a fist pump. Speech wasn't bad, quite a few tall claims, but I'd expect nothing less.

exactly.

+1. Plus all of the patriotism got me super pumped lol. IF he succeeds in half of his claims, that's great for Americans and I don't see how one can hate on that. "America 1st" has a nice ring to it lol.

I don't want to start this debate, but forget all of the massive generalities that trump (and other politicians) spew about making America great again and look at the specifics of what trump wants to do. Don't see how those polity outcomes would be better for all Americans.

might be better for us lawyers making biglaw salaries tho

I'm happy agreeing to disagree. Though I do agree with your last sentence!

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:36 pm

guybourdin wrote:

it might be your avatar rubbing me this way, but if its something, my first guess would be a smug/arrogant PS, not a bad rec. Although my real first guess would be you'll have at least 3-4 t14 acceptances by the end of Feb. Obviously not as quick as you would have liked, but I think they come through eventually.

YOU DON'T LIKE HARVEY?!?!???!?

RParadela

Silver

Postby RParadela » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:37 pm

brinicolec wrote:
guybourdin wrote:

2nd controversial statement of the day: that show sucks

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:38 pm

RParadela wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
guybourdin wrote:

DELETE THIS!!!!!!

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:50 pm

brinicolec wrote:
RParadela wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
guybourdin wrote:

DELETE THIS!!!!!!

Suits is awesome, wtf

Harvey's life is goals

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:04 pm

Mikey wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
RParadela wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
guybourdin wrote:

DELETE THIS!!!!!!

Suits is awesome, wtf

Harvey's life is goals

Minus the fact that he can't maintain any romantic relationships. lol.

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:12 pm

Just waiting for February to start since that looks like when the majority of WL/rejection waves happen...

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:12 pm

brinicolec wrote:
Minus the fact that he can't maintain any romantic relationships. lol.

True haha. He can get anyone he wants tho 8)

S.Picquery

Silver

Postby S.Picquery » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:15 pm

brinicolec wrote:Just waiting for February to start since that looks like when the majority of WL/rejection waves happen...

Yeah... Not looking forward to spending time in the DING BAR thread

guynourmin

Gold

Postby guynourmin » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:24 pm

S.Picquery wrote:
brinicolec wrote:Just waiting for February to start since that looks like when the majority of WL/rejection waves happen...

There's a reason I didn't apply to Chicago! Or Berkeley! Or Harvard!

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:30 pm

guybourdin wrote:
S.Picquery wrote:

I applied to all three of those :lol:

Instrumental

Silver

Postby Instrumental » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:32 pm

brinicolec wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
S.Picquery wrote:

Same. Hope Springs Eternal.

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:34 pm

Instrumental wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
S.Picquery wrote:

Same. Hope Springs Eternal.

Either way I'm pretty sure I need to brace myself for some (a lot of) rejection next month.

guynourmin

Gold

Postby guynourmin » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:45 pm

brinicolec wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
S.Picquery wrote:

I applied to Penn and Columbia. I figured that was enough. Saved myself like $200. Also, on the v v v off chance I got into B, I would seriously consider it, and that COL would have been too much for me to handle.

Thelaw23

Silver

Postby Thelaw23 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:59 pm

Suits is how I got through LSAT!

Well, with the way things are going, I'm applying to Boalt, Northwestern, and Chicago on Sunday. Hail mary woooooo

amta

Platinum

Postby amta » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:00 pm

greetings waiters. it is PW friday. you know what that means. PW everyone!!!

jonny27

Bronze

Postby jonny27 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:29 pm

Everyone keeps saying that they're refreshing their status checker. Is there supposed to be any sort of update besides an acceptance/rejection/waitlist, or are people just refreshing to see if any of those three things happened? As in, will a status checker switch from "complete/received" to "under review" or something like that?

S.Picquery

Silver

Postby S.Picquery » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:33 pm

guybourdin wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
S.Picquery wrote:

I applied to Penn and Columbia. I figured that was enough. Saved myself like $200. Also, on the v v v off chance I got into B, I would seriously consider it, and that COL would have been too much for me to handle.

I need to get out of NY, so I saved on not having to apply here, but everywhere else except NW, HLS, and Chicago gave me waivers. I figured it was worth it just to see. :)

Instrumental

Silver

Postby Instrumental » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:08 pm

jonny27 wrote:Everyone keeps saying that they're refreshing their status checker. Is there supposed to be any sort of update besides an acceptance/rejection/waitlist, or are people just refreshing to see if any of those three things happened? As in, will a status checker switch from "complete/received" to "under review" or something like that?

Status checkers will switch from received to completed to under review to decision made or whatever other progress markers they have. It's not universal though; some schools are less transparent.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?