TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

10
10
83%
9
0
No votes
8
1
8%
7
0
No votes
6
0
No votes
5
0
No votes
4
0
No votes
3
1
8%
2
0
No votes
1
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 12

Keilz

Gold
Posts: 2316
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (newer poll)

Postby Keilz » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:28 am

Rubbishdump wrote:Had a school ask me what school I would be attending after I withdrew my application - how would you guys respond? I was a bit thrown off.


They all request it, I think it's for data. If you don't know I would probably just say you don't know yet, but not theirs lololol jk

I am thinking of WD at GW

Keilz

Gold
Posts: 2316
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (newer poll)

Postby Keilz » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:29 am

Wait I totally want to choose all of those options bc I'm so excited!!

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (newer poll)

Postby brinicolec » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:00 am

Rubbishdump wrote:Had a school ask me what school I would be attending after I withdrew my application - how would you guys respond? I was a bit thrown off.



I think it's probably just to see who they're competing with. If you chose a school, just say it. It's not like they can do anything to mess up your cycle.

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver
Posts: 1297
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:27 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (newer poll)

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:01 am

Rubbishdump wrote:Had a school ask me what school I would be attending after I withdrew my application - how would you guys respond? I was a bit thrown off.


Just say there were many qualified candidates and you are unable to extend a decision to them at this time

User avatar
88234

Bronze
Posts: 386
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:02 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (newer poll)

Postby 88234 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:47 am

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
Rubbishdump wrote:Had a school ask me what school I would be attending after I withdrew my application - how would you guys respond? I was a bit thrown off.


Just say there were many qualified candidates and you are unable to extend a decision to them at this time


Savage AF.

User avatar
RParadela

Silver
Posts: 858
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:04 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (newer poll)

Postby RParadela » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:18 pm

Got into FSU (UG school) with a full scholarship yesterday and used that as an excuse to get absolutely belligerent last night.

Mistakes were made.

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (newer poll)

Postby Alexandros » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:44 pm

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
Rubbishdump wrote:Had a school ask me what school I would be attending after I withdrew my application - how would you guys respond? I was a bit thrown off.


Just say there were many qualified candidates and you are unable to extend a decision to them at this time

User avatar
SmallK

Bronze
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:09 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (new poll)

Postby SmallK » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:59 pm

guybourdin wrote:
NotAGolfer wrote:
SmallK wrote:
27 f bos

Really happy to see another 27 yo, thought I might be the only one
27 f mn

My fave part of AIM was the away messages. Was a good venue to practice my pithiness


Im 27 in the spring. M Chicago.

My favorite thing about aim is all my emo profiles are basically impossible to find and/or connect to me (I hope...). I will never forget my 2 usernames


YES. Glad there are other people who can identify with the strong middle/high school implications AIM had. Details about profiles are both super embarrassing and a great ice breaker -- I honestly don't even want to know what the last song lyrics in my profile were.

User avatar
S.Picquery

Silver
Posts: 598
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:39 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (new poll)

Postby S.Picquery » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:37 pm

SmallK wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
NotAGolfer wrote:
SmallK wrote:
27 f bos

Really happy to see another 27 yo, thought I might be the only one
27 f mn

My fave part of AIM was the away messages. Was a good venue to practice my pithiness


Im 27 in the spring. M Chicago.

My favorite thing about aim is all my emo profiles are basically impossible to find and/or connect to me (I hope...). I will never forget my 2 usernames


YES. Glad there are other people who can identify with the strong middle/high school implications AIM had. Details about profiles are both super embarrassing and a great ice breaker -- I honestly don't even want to know what the last song lyrics in my profile were.


This. Holy shit. My emo phase still haunts me. The lyrics on my away messages almost certainly had something to do with how no one understands me and my turquoise hair.

User avatar
guynourmin

Gold
Posts: 3438
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:42 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (new poll)

Postby guynourmin » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:48 pm

SmallK wrote:I honestly don't even want to know what the last song lyrics in my profile were.


Gun to my head, it was probably Mix Tape by Brand New. For better or worse, I remember what was going on when I left MySpace.

User avatar
SmallK

Bronze
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:09 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (new poll)

Postby SmallK » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:49 pm

S.Picquery wrote:
SmallK wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
NotAGolfer wrote:
SmallK wrote:
27 f bos

Really happy to see another 27 yo, thought I might be the only one
27 f mn

My fave part of AIM was the away messages. Was a good venue to practice my pithiness


Im 27 in the spring. M Chicago.

My favorite thing about aim is all my emo profiles are basically impossible to find and/or connect to me (I hope...). I will never forget my 2 usernames


YES. Glad there are other people who can identify with the strong middle/high school implications AIM had. Details about profiles are both super embarrassing and a great ice breaker -- I honestly don't even want to know what the last song lyrics in my profile were.


This. Holy shit. My emo phase still haunts me. The lyrics on my away messages almost certainly had something to do with how no one understands me and my turquoise hair.


Mine were more about how no one would let me have turquoise, etc., hair, but haunt is EXACTLY the right word. The one saving grace is that there weren't any (real) pictures associated with AIM :D

User avatar
ashrice13

Gold
Posts: 1792
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:30 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (newer poll)

Postby ashrice13 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:15 am

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
Rubbishdump wrote:Had a school ask me what school I would be attending after I withdrew my application - how would you guys respond? I was a bit thrown off.


Just say there were many qualified candidates and you are unable to extend a decision to them at this time

pls do this. Pls.

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (newer poll)

Postby Mikey » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:35 am

ashrice13 wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
Rubbishdump wrote:Had a school ask me what school I would be attending after I withdrew my application - how would you guys respond? I was a bit thrown off.


Just say there were many qualified candidates and you are unable to extend a decision to them at this time

pls do this. Pls.

Bet that'd hit em right in the ego :lol: :lol:

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (newer poll)

Postby brinicolec » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:18 am

Mikey wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
Rubbishdump wrote:Had a school ask me what school I would be attending after I withdrew my application - how would you guys respond? I was a bit thrown off.


Just say there were many qualified candidates and you are unable to extend a decision to them at this time

pls do this. Pls.

Bet that'd hit em right in the ego :lol: :lol:


:lol:

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4645
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (newer poll)

Postby proteinshake » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:30 am

any admission offices working today?

User avatar
BruiseWillis

Bronze
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:34 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (new poll)

Postby BruiseWillis » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:00 am

guybourdin wrote:
SmallK wrote:I honestly don't even want to know what the last song lyrics in my profile were.


Gun to my head, it was probably Mix Tape by Brand New. For better or worse, I remember what was going on when I left MySpace.

Solid pick, I still listen to that album every once in awhile

User avatar
ashrice13

Gold
Posts: 1792
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:30 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (newer poll)

Postby ashrice13 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:21 am

proteinshake wrote:any admission offices working today?

Thing I want to be true: yes!
Thing that's actually true: probably not...but maybe.

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (newer poll)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:11 am

proteinshake wrote:any admission offices working today?


I know Penn is closed. Otherwise, not too sure! Hoping at least some offices are operational today. We need answers! :shock:

User avatar
airwrecka

Silver
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:54 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (newer poll)

Postby airwrecka » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:18 am

officially emailed the schools who haven't given me decisions yet and told them to hold my app until my Feb LSAT score comes out. assuming they do hold it, I know I won't get any more info until March at the earliest :'( :'( but it's worth it if I can improve my chances!

also, Northwestern sent me an automatic reply to my email on Saturday saying the admissions office was closed until Tuesday, but then shortly after I got another email saying they would hold my app....so I don't know what that means about offices being open/closed today!

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (newer poll)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:21 am

airwrecka wrote:officially emailed the schools who haven't given me decisions yet and told them to hold my app until my Feb LSAT score comes out. assuming they do hold it, I know I won't get any more info until March at the earliest :'( :'( but it's worth it if I can improve my chances!

also, Northwestern sent me an automatic reply to my email on Saturday saying the admissions office was closed until Tuesday, but then shortly after I got another email saying they would hold my app....so I don't know what that means about offices being open/closed today!


ok waiting sucks but also... look at your acceptances already lmao you're in such great shape! I think it was smart of you to hold and you're a good candidate for it - odds are good you already had a great shot at the remaining schools on your list. With a higher LSAT... forget it, you're gold.

fingers crossed for you

User avatar
airwrecka

Silver
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:54 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (newer poll)

Postby airwrecka » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:29 am

mm2368 wrote:
airwrecka wrote:officially emailed the schools who haven't given me decisions yet and told them to hold my app until my Feb LSAT score comes out. assuming they do hold it, I know I won't get any more info until March at the earliest :'( :'( but it's worth it if I can improve my chances!

also, Northwestern sent me an automatic reply to my email on Saturday saying the admissions office was closed until Tuesday, but then shortly after I got another email saying they would hold my app....so I don't know what that means about offices being open/closed today!


ok waiting sucks but also... look at your acceptances already lmao you're in such great shape! I think it was smart of you to hold and you're a good candidate for it - odds are good you already had a great shot at the remaining schools on your list. With a higher LSAT... forget it, you're gold.

fingers crossed for you


aww thanks :) yeah, I just didn't want to get rejected somewhere (*cough*harvard*cough*) before I got my new score cause that would kiiiiill me haha.

User avatar
guynourmin

Gold
Posts: 3438
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:42 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (newer poll)

Postby guynourmin » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:41 am

airwrecka wrote: hold my app until my Feb LSAT score comes out


That's a tough decision, but a couple points really could do you wonders. good luck! Everything could be in reach for you.

User avatar
airwrecka

Silver
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:54 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (newer poll)

Postby airwrecka » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:45 am

guybourdin wrote:
airwrecka wrote: hold my app until my Feb LSAT score comes out


That's a tough decision, but a couple points really could do you wonders. good luck! Everything could be in reach for you.


yeah, exactly! thanks! :) I took a PT on Saturday that showed a 4 point jump in my score...trying not to bank on that happening on test day, but it sure would be nice!!

User avatar
guynourmin

Gold
Posts: 3438
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:42 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (newer poll)

Postby guynourmin » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:49 am

airwrecka wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
airwrecka wrote: hold my app until my Feb LSAT score comes out


That's a tough decision, but a couple points really could do you wonders. good luck! Everything could be in reach for you.


yeah, exactly! thanks! :) I took a PT on Saturday that showed a 4 point jump in my score...trying not to bank on that happening on test day, but it sure would be nice!!


Probably not the best advice for everyone, but for me the key was SLOW DOWN. good luck.

User avatar
RictusErectus

Bronze
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:31 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (new poll)

Postby RictusErectus » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:36 pm

Keilz wrote:
Pozzo wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
govlife wrote:Thanks! Man, TLS fam showing up with the inspiration today. This is what I love about this place.


Do it! Do it! Do it! Yaaaaaay! (I want there to be an emoji of people doing the wave...back in my middle school internet-forum days I think there was such a thing)


#AOL4lyfe


a/s/l everyone. 24 f nj


24 m intl



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests