TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

83%
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

NotAGolfer

Silver

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (new poll)

Postby NotAGolfer » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:29 pm

guybourdin wrote:
brinicolec wrote:Edit: in case any of you were wondering, I decided to try finding his page instead because his name is more unique than mine :lol:

Trying to cover up your reasoning only makes it more obvious. :D
NotAGolfer wrote:Ha that would be the worst. I need to figure out how to get my MySpace deleted still, I forgot my password...talk about my emo phase

I think brinicolec is right and most is deleted already. Pretty sure when I looked a while ago my TBS profile song was still up though, lol. Luckily I went through a pretty minimalist phase before I kicked MySpace so it should be pretty sparse even if everything is still up.

Haha YES TBS! Nothing like a little Cute without the e to help you work through your teenage angst, amirite?

guynourmin

Gold

Postby guynourmin » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:36 pm

NotAGolfer wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
brinicolec wrote:Edit: in case any of you were wondering, I decided to try finding his page instead because his name is more unique than mine :lol:

NotAGolfer wrote:Ha that would be the worst. I need to figure out how to get my MySpace deleted still, I forgot my password...talk about my emo phase

I think brinicolec is right and most is deleted already. Pretty sure when I looked a while ago my TBS profile song was still up though, lol. Luckily I went through a pretty minimalist phase before I kicked MySpace so it should be pretty sparse even if everything is still up.

Haha YES TBS! Nothing like a little Cute without the e to help you work through your teenage angst, amirite?

Too real

brinicolec

Gold

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (newer poll)

Postby brinicolec » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:44 pm

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
Smc1994 wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:
guybourdin wrote:lol @ looking forward to "being prestigious" and not gunning.

I took them differently. Gunning would be the person that read through all available materials before even stepping on campus, actively trying to take down others to get to the top of the class. Being prestigious is just getting the recognition from others that you got into (insert whatever T14 here) :lol:

I know they're different, but I at least understand looking forward to working hard. The idea of looking forward to being prestigious is like, idk :roll: :roll: :roll: I don't get it. Go fuck off a couple grand at Barney's...you don't have to go to law school to get people to check you out. Cheaper, faster.

What's sexier:

a) Harvey Spector in his current Tom Ford suits but graduated from Cooley Law?
b) Harvey Spector wearing Mike Ross suits but graduated from HLS?

:wink: :wink:

I think A lands both more and higher quality women, right?

I think that depends on your definition of a higher quality woman.

Isn't choice B...basically just Mike Ross?

There's nothing wrong with Mike Ross! You guys are haters lol

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:45 pm

NotAGolfer wrote:
brinicolec wrote:

So, the other day (awhile ago, actually) I went on a super intense journey to figure out how to delete my MySpace. It turns out that most of it is basically deleted already. Like none of the posts/comments still exist. I ended up finding my MySpace by finding my ex-boyfriend's MySpace (from freshman and sophomore year of HIGH SCHOOL) and, to age the death of MySpace, I was still #1 on his top friends. I have no idea what my log-in for that stupid page is though and I couldn't figure out how in the world to get it.

Whoa you're right, just looked at mine. My profile pic is still embarrassing but that seems to be the worst of it.

Yeah. I think it's because they've made so many changes to MySpace. Like... it's basically an entirely different look (I hate it) lol.

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:45 pm

guybourdin wrote:

Trust me. That ship has definitely sailed. He wouldn't know what to do with me these days anyway. I'm a much different person :lol: :lol:

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:52 pm

ashrice13 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
Pozzo wrote:
before your time, brother

29 m az

but I'm also 22 and I know what AOL is + AIM + dial-up noises associated with AOL lol.

22/f/wy :roll:

I am surprised how many people here know AOL. I thought it went away like 2 years after it was cool for me but I guess I just aged out of it like and old person :?

28/f/MA

Aim hung tough,

I think I was the last "generation" to use it, and the only reason youngers groups stopped was because of cellphones

22/M/NOVA

govlife

Bronze

Postby govlife » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:18 pm

NotAGolfer wrote:
guybourdin wrote:

Haha yes! This hits close to home for my inner former emo teenager.

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:21 pm

govlife wrote:
NotAGolfer wrote:
guybourdin wrote:

"I really don't want to piss off any of my friends by having to choose my Top 7 friends (Tom from Myspace automatically gets slot #1), so I'm going to make a Top 36."

edit: btw this was my answer to Cornell's "describe how you came up with a creative solution to a difficult problem" question on their interview. :wink:

ashrice13

Gold

Postby ashrice13 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:26 pm

Anyone else do the live/dead journal thing? Take my advice: just don't look at it. Don't read it. You'll only be doing yourself harm.

govlife

Bronze

Postby govlife » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:27 pm

govlife wrote:
NotAGolfer wrote:
guybourdin wrote:

"I really don't want to piss off any of my friends by having to choose my Top 7 friends (Tom from Myspace automatically gets slot #1), so I'm going to make a Top 36."

edit: btw this was my answer to Cornell's "describe how you came up with a creative solution to a difficult problem" question on their interview. :wink:

Hagan, Esq., practicing creative problem solving since 2005.

studyingeveryday

Silver

Postby studyingeveryday » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:37 pm

Can we expect movement on Monday or no?

Instrumental

Silver

Postby Instrumental » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:38 pm

Would be surprised, but then again I also get "complete" messages at 2am so maybe I shouldn't be.

guynourmin

Gold

Postby guynourmin » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:57 pm

studyingeveryday wrote:Can we expect movement on Monday or no?

I expect no movement til I get hit with 3-4 WLs in a week in mid-march. You may have some luck, but Tuesday seems more likely.

ashrice13

Gold

Postby ashrice13 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:00 pm

I went UR1 for NYU on Veterans Day. I think it can happen.

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:49 pm

ashrice13 wrote:

Ugh fan I keep forgetting Monday is holiday because we have to work :cry:

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:50 pm

ashrice13 wrote:

Ugh, fam I keep forgetting Monday is holiday because we have to work :cry:

Bet y'all can guess what I voted in the new poll

jjcorvino

Silver

Postby jjcorvino » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:55 pm

jjcorvino wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:

I took them differently. Gunning would be the person that read through all available materials before even stepping on campus, actively trying to take down others to get to the top of the class. Being prestigious is just getting the recognition from others that you got into (insert whatever T14 here) :lol:

Being Prestigious = the people that would never buy a University of American Samoa Law School hoodie (from Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul) because he/she is worried that laymen on the streets would think he/she attends that school.

I know it is petty of me, but I am going to enjoy the prestige factor of attending a top school.

Haha nahh I'm not faulting you at all for that (we all secretly love that too), but I'm just differentiating between Gunner and someone that enjoys law school prestige :D

For me, the prestige makes me feel great because I know how hard I worked for my score. Going to a top school is really a dream come true. I was a terrible student in high schools, college I didn't turn around until after a terrible year (giving me the bad GPA). The LSAT and acceptance into great schools is confirmation to me that I actually am smart/capable.

Keilz

Gold

Postby Keilz » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:33 pm

jjcorvino wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:

Being Prestigious = the people that would never buy a University of American Samoa Law School hoodie (from Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul) because he/she is worried that laymen on the streets would think he/she attends that school.

I know it is petty of me, but I am going to enjoy the prestige factor of attending a top school.

Haha nahh I'm not faulting you at all for that (we all secretly love that too), but I'm just differentiating between Gunner and someone that enjoys law school prestige :D

For me, the prestige makes me feel great because I know how hard I worked for my score. Going to a top school is really a dream come true. I was a terrible student in high schools, college I didn't turn around until after a terrible year (giving me the bad GPA). The LSAT and acceptance into great schools is confirmation to me that I actually am smart/capable.

Are you guys talking about lay prestige or law prestige?
Last edited by Keilz on Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

guynourmin

Gold

Postby guynourmin » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:37 pm

Keilz wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:

Are you guys talking about lay prestige or low prestige?

I think both - Cornell > Virginia probably, in prestige-chasing

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:47 pm

Me + the 29 others who chose SLAYING

[+] Spoiler

R. Jeeves

Gold

Postby R. Jeeves » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:49 pm

Keilz wrote:Are you guys talking about lay prestige or low prestige?

Aren't lay prestige and low prestige the same thing? I thought lay prestige referred to your prestige as perceived by the layman - sounds pretty low to me.

R. Jeeves

Gold

Postby R. Jeeves » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:54 pm

I only care about how I'm perceived by those who come from reputable names and bloodlines. Is that high prestige?

Keilz

Gold

Postby Keilz » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:54 pm

R. Jeeves wrote:

Aren't lay prestige and low prestige the same thing? I thought lay prestige referred to your prestige as perceived by the layman - sounds pretty low to me.

Sorry meant law. Like among law people
On my phone and don't want to delete some quotes

R. Jeeves

Gold

Postby R. Jeeves » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:57 pm

Keilz wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:

Sorry meant law. Like among law people
On my phone and don't want to delete some quotes

Oh aight that makes more sense

Rubbishdump

Bronze

Postby Rubbishdump » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:22 am

Had a school ask me what school I would be attending after I withdrew my application - how would you guys respond? I was a bit thrown off.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?