TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

10
10
83%
9
0
No votes
8
1
8%
7
0
No votes
6
0
No votes
5
0
No votes
4
0
No votes
3
1
8%
2
0
No votes
1
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 12

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby Mikey » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:01 pm

Ifoundnemo wrote:Dang...I tried downloading the dropbox spreadsheet and now I can enter my stats in the yellow areas, but it doesn't seem to change the results! Any other suggestions?

I don't have a suggestion, but I really want to know: did you actually find nemo?

User avatar
TexasENG

Silver
Posts: 1074
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby TexasENG » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:15 pm

HaveMercy wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:
HaveMercy wrote:I'm non-URM latino, but those numbers happened when I put it in the general stat lookup.


yeah actually i just looked at it. 166 and 3.8-4.0 gets you

on mylsn:
Y - 0/8
H - 1/19
S - 0/11

on the worksheet:
Y - 3/3
H - 8/11
S - 4/4

not sure what to make of that

Probably gonna have to wide with mylsn :cry:


I only looked at a couple for the last three years criteria 3.6-4.0 166-166 include URM.
All data in Accept / Waitlist / Reject

Yale
2015-2016
Mylsn 1/0/1 for Yale. (accepted was URM latino)
LawSchoonumbers 1/0/1
TLS data 1/0/0 (non-URM)

2014-2015
Mylsn 1/0/9 (accepted was URM AA)
LawSchoolNumbers 1/0/10
TLS Data 1/0/0 (URM)

2013-2014
Mylsn 1/1/1 (accepted URM)
LawSchoolNumbers 1/1/1
TLS Data 1/0/0 (URM)

User avatar
TexasENG

Silver
Posts: 1074
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby TexasENG » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:16 pm

Edit: Ignore what I just said.

So here's why the data is a little wacky and I'm also updating with an option to exclude URM (currently included by default on the regular lookup).

LSAT Tolerance is currently only a + number. IT will collate data for all LSATs lower than the one you entered in that fall within your GPA range. The thinking here was that your performance should be similar or better to someone with a similar GPA and a lower LSAT. Also, it looks like a lot of people who were rejected ended up not updating after the fact so there is a lot of data with people "Decision Pending". I didn't want to classify this data one way or another so I threw it out and its not included in the stats. This likely leads to an artificial inflation of "acceptance percentages". I'm open to suggestions about removing the LSAT floor and including Decision Pendings as rejected

User avatar
TexasENG

Silver
Posts: 1074
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby TexasENG » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:47 pm

HaveMercy wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:
HaveMercy wrote:I'm non-URM latino, but those numbers happened when I put it in the general stat lookup.


yeah actually i just looked at it. 166 and 3.8-4.0 gets you

on mylsn:
Y - 0/8
H - 1/19
S - 0/11

on the worksheet:
Y - 3/3
H - 8/11
S - 4/4

not sure what to make of that

Probably gonna have to wide with mylsn :cry:


So I updated the tool because I think there was some ambiguity that was causing this. Previously I was "flooring" the LSAT and including URM by default. So if you typed in 166 and 3.6-3.8, the tool would search 140-166 and 3.6-3.8. This was because I assumed the same GPA and and a lower LSAT should have similar results. I've added an option to do this but it doesn't do it by default now. Additionally I've added an option to include URM or not on the main search. The link on the first page goes to the updated version. Sorry for the confusion!

User avatar
TexasENG

Silver
Posts: 1074
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby TexasENG » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:48 pm

Ifoundnemo wrote:Dang...I tried downloading the dropbox spreadsheet and now I can enter my stats in the yellow areas, but it doesn't seem to change the results! Any other suggestions?


Hmm. I'm not sure I just tried it on another computer and was able to get it to work. Can you tell me what numbers you were trying ? I want to see if I can recreate your problem.

User avatar
34iplaw

Gold
Posts: 3379
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 2:55 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby 34iplaw » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:50 pm

Cooley or bust, amirite?

tzzzok

New
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:49 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby tzzzok » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:34 pm

34iplaw wrote:Cooley or bust, amirite?


Only because "Pontifical Catholic University of Puerto Rico or bust" doesn't have quite the same ring to it

User avatar
34iplaw

Gold
Posts: 3379
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 2:55 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby 34iplaw » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:44 pm

Turned on the radio today. Mike Posner has changed my tune. Ee - bee - tha it is.

User avatar
Baby Gaga

Bronze
Posts: 432
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:07 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby Baby Gaga » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:31 pm

34iplaw wrote:Turned on the radio today. Mike Posner has changed my tune. Ee - bee - tha it is.


That's what I picked too, and for the same reason but I assumed pills are included

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby brinicolec » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:59 pm

Came across this link ranking the law schools for 2016: http://www.businessinsider.com/best-law ... -us-2016-7 found their list... interesting.

User avatar
R. Jeeves

Gold
Posts: 1980
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 7:54 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby R. Jeeves » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:32 pm

added a few more application open dates to the OP:

August 15 - U Chicago

September 1 - NYU, U Penn, Columbia, Berkeley

September 15 - Georgetown

ponderingmeerkat

Gold
Posts: 1875
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:24 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby ponderingmeerkat » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:02 pm

brinicolec wrote:Came across this link ranking the law schools for 2016: http://www.businessinsider.com/best-law ... -us-2016-7 found their list... interesting.


Just...lol at Bama ahead of Berkeley, Emory ahead of NU, Baylor ahead of GULC, and Cornell ahead of Yale. :lol:

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby brinicolec » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:04 pm

ponderingmeerkat wrote:
brinicolec wrote:Came across this link ranking the law schools for 2016: http://www.businessinsider.com/best-law ... -us-2016-7 found their list... interesting.


Just...lol at Bama ahead of Berkeley, Emory ahead of NU, Baylor ahead of GULC, and Cornell ahead of Yale. :lol:


Yeah, they said they based it solely on employment but I don't even know how that's true.

User avatar
TexasENG

Silver
Posts: 1074
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby TexasENG » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:32 pm

R. Jeeves wrote:added a few more application open dates to the OP:

August 15 - U Chicago

September 1 - NYU, U Penn, Columbia, Berkeley

September 15 - Georgetown


Damn, why does Chicago open so early? i need to get my shit together in the next couple of weeks.

User avatar
Kopetz

Bronze
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:06 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby Kopetz » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:47 pm

Anyone know what information the CRS provides to schools? LSAT and demographic info for sure -- does it include transcript reports, if LSAC already has them?

User avatar
pretzeltime

Gold
Posts: 1993
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 6:57 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby pretzeltime » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:34 pm

Kopetz wrote:Anyone know what information the CRS provides to schools? LSAT and demographic info for sure -- does it include transcript reports, if LSAC already has them?


Hmm I don't know what "GPA information" entails. Maybe just your LSAC GPA but not the full CAS report with transcripts etc. They don't make it too clear

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby Mikey » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:54 pm

Kopetz wrote:Anyone know what information the CRS provides to schools? LSAT and demographic info for sure -- does it include transcript reports, if LSAC already has them?

From what I read on LSAC's website, CRS shares your LSAT score, GPA, age, citizenship, race/ethnicity, or geographic location.

User avatar
Kopetz

Bronze
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:06 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby Kopetz » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:33 pm

brinicolec wrote:
ponderingmeerkat wrote:
brinicolec wrote:Came across this link ranking the law schools for 2016: http://www.businessinsider.com/best-law ... -us-2016-7 found their list... interesting.


Just...lol at Bama ahead of Berkeley, Emory ahead of NU, Baylor ahead of GULC, and Cornell ahead of Yale. :lol:


Yeah, they said they based it solely on employment but I don't even know how that's true.


bama or bust, imho

User avatar
PrezRand

Gold
Posts: 1608
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:31 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby PrezRand » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:15 pm

Checking in! When should an applicant start applying for a fee waiver?

User avatar
EnfieldTennisChamp

Bronze
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:59 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby EnfieldTennisChamp » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:28 pm

pretzeltime wrote:
Kopetz wrote:Anyone know what information the CRS provides to schools? LSAT and demographic info for sure -- does it include transcript reports, if LSAC already has them?


Hmm I don't know what "GPA information" entails. Maybe just your LSAC GPA but not the full CAS report with transcripts etc. They don't make it too clear


In your LSAC account, go to Profile --> CRS. They share your (self-reported) degree-granting GPA stated as a range, e.g., "3.75 and up" or "3.50 to 3.74." Looks like it doesn't include any information about other schools you may have attended.

User avatar
EnfieldTennisChamp

Bronze
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:59 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby EnfieldTennisChamp » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:31 pm

PrezRand wrote:Checking in! When should an applicant start applying for a fee waiver?


Do you mean LSAC's fee waiver? I wish I would have done it way sooner, because I found out I could have had the CAS and LSAT fees waived...after I had already paid for them. I only looked into the fee waiver because I didn't want to pay the $30/report. :/

I got a really quick decision from LSAC and then just had to fax them my 1040 from last year. All the schools I applied to so far have automatically waived application fees based on my LSAC waiver.

User avatar
pretzeltime

Gold
Posts: 1993
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 6:57 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby pretzeltime » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:34 pm

EnfieldTennisChamp wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:
Kopetz wrote:Anyone know what information the CRS provides to schools? LSAT and demographic info for sure -- does it include transcript reports, if LSAC already has them?


Hmm I don't know what "GPA information" entails. Maybe just your LSAC GPA but not the full CAS report with transcripts etc. They don't make it too clear


In your LSAC account, go to Profile --> CRS. They share your (self-reported) degree-granting GPA stated as a range, e.g., "3.75 and up" or "3.50 to 3.74." Looks like it doesn't include any information about other schools you may have attended.


Yeah, I mean they don't make it crystal clear if it's your self-reported GPA or your actual GPA. But I don't see why it matters, unless Kopetz wants to explain why he currs

Through CRS, law schools may recruit potential applicants on the basis of specific characteristics, such as LSAT score, GPA, age, citizenship, race/ethnicity, or geographic location. When you register for CRS, you authorize LSAC to share the following information with law schools, agencies or individuals working on their behalf, and other eligible programs related to legal education: your biographical information, all of the information in your CRS profile, and your LSAT and GPA information. The information will be used solely to bring to your attention current and prospective educational and financial opportunities that may be available to you.

User avatar
EnfieldTennisChamp

Bronze
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:59 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby EnfieldTennisChamp » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:41 pm

pretzeltime wrote:
EnfieldTennisChamp wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:
Kopetz wrote:Anyone know what information the CRS provides to schools? LSAT and demographic info for sure -- does it include transcript reports, if LSAC already has them?


Hmm I don't know what "GPA information" entails. Maybe just your LSAC GPA but not the full CAS report with transcripts etc. They don't make it too clear


In your LSAC account, go to Profile --> CRS. They share your (self-reported) degree-granting GPA stated as a range, e.g., "3.75 and up" or "3.50 to 3.74." Looks like it doesn't include any information about other schools you may have attended.


Yeah, I mean they don't make it crystal clear if it's your self-reported GPA or your actual GPA. But I don't see why it matters, unless Kopetz wants to explain why he currs

Through CRS, law schools may recruit potential applicants on the basis of specific characteristics, such as LSAT score, GPA, age, citizenship, race/ethnicity, or geographic location. When you register for CRS, you authorize LSAC to share the following information with law schools, agencies or individuals working on their behalf, and other eligible programs related to legal education: your biographical information, all of the information in your CRS profile, and your LSAT and GPA information. The information will be used solely to bring to your attention current and prospective educational and financial opportunities that may be available to you.


I agree - either way, it seems like the main purpose of the CRS is to allow the deans and admissions officers of various schools that I don't care about to fake me out with congratulatory emails while I'm closely watching my inbox for actual admissions decisions. :evil:

User avatar
dietcoke1

Silver
Posts: 1326
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:18 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby dietcoke1 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:18 pm

When applications open, let's say Sept 1, is that the first day we can answer the application questions and upload our materials?

Or can we do that earlier and we have to wait to submit on Sept. 1?

User avatar
R. Jeeves

Gold
Posts: 1980
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 7:54 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby R. Jeeves » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:43 pm

dietcoke1 wrote:When applications open, let's say Sept 1, is that the first day we can answer the application questions and upload our materials?

Or can we do that earlier and we have to wait to submit on Sept. 1?


It's the first day you can answer and upload



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ezenwamadu and 19 guests