TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

83%
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

Smc1994

Silver

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (newer poll)

Postby Smc1994 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:54 pm

Pozzo wrote:MS9 Tweet: Dec LSAT takers up 9.7% from last year, but repeat takers down

I'm eager to see his next data release. It seems that a few thousand December test takers were included in the latest cycle data, but that might not represent the entire population. It may be too early to call this a reverse cycle, something to which MS9 alluded in his thread.
Last edited by Smc1994 on Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

guynourmin

Gold

Postby guynourmin » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:56 pm

lol @ looking forward to "being prestigious" and not gunning.

jjcorvino

Silver

Postby jjcorvino » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:01 pm

guybourdin wrote:lol @ looking forward to "being prestigious" and not gunning.

I took them differently. Gunning would be the person that read through all available materials before even stepping on campus, actively trying to take down others to get to the top of the class. Being prestigious is just getting the recognition from others that you got into (insert whatever T14 here) :lol:

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:03 pm

jjcorvino wrote:

I took them differently. Gunning would be the person that read through all available materials before even stepping on campus, actively trying to take down others to get to the top of the class. Being prestigious is just getting the recognition from others that you got into (insert whatever T14 here) :lol:

Being Prestigious = the people that would never buy a University of American Samoa Law School hoodie (from Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul) because he/she is worried that laymen on the streets would think he/she attends that school.

jjcorvino

Silver

Postby jjcorvino » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:05 pm

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:

Being Prestigious = the people that would never buy a University of American Samoa Law School hoodie (from Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul) because he/she is worried that laymen on the streets would think he/she attends that school.

I know it is petty of me, but I am going to enjoy the prestige factor of attending a top school.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:06 pm

jjcorvino wrote:

Top tier show

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:06 pm

jjcorvino wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:

I know it is petty of me, but I am going to enjoy the prestige factor of attending a top school.

Haha nahh I'm not faulting you at all for that (we all secretly love that too), but I'm just differentiating between Gunner and someone that enjoys law school prestige :D

Litt1tUp

Bronze

Postby Litt1tUp » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:09 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:

Top tier show

I have both the t-shirt and crew... was planning to wear it an ASW haha now I hope everyone would understand the reference...

guynourmin

Gold

Postby guynourmin » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:11 pm

jjcorvino wrote:

I know they're different, but I at least understand looking forward to working hard. The idea of looking forward to being prestigious is like, idk :roll: :roll: :roll: I don't get it. Go fuck off a couple grand at Barney's...you don't have to go to law school to get people to check you out. Cheaper, faster.

guynourmin

Gold

Postby guynourmin » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:13 pm

jjcorvino wrote:

Looking at the results, looks like most people are! Is it petty if everyone feels the same way? lol

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:14 pm

guybourdin wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:

I know they're different, but I at least understand looking forward to working hard. The idea of looking forward to being prestigious is like, idk :roll: :roll: :roll: I don't get it. Go fuck off a couple grand at Barney's...you don't have to go to law school to get people to check you out. Cheaper, faster.

What's sexier:

a) Harvey Spector in his current Tom Ford suits but graduated from Cooley Law?
b) Harvey Spector wearing Mike Ross suits but graduated from HLS?

:wink: :wink:

guynourmin

Gold

Postby guynourmin » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:16 pm

guybourdin wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:

What's sexier:

I think A lands both more and higher quality women, right?

Smc1994

Silver

Postby Smc1994 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:18 pm

guybourdin wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:

What's sexier:

I think that depends on your definition of a higher quality woman.

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:19 pm

Smc1994 wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:

What's sexier:

Isn't choice B...basically just Mike Ross?

Smc1994

Silver

Postby Smc1994 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:21 pm

Smc1994 wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:

What's sexier:

Isn't choice B...basically just Mike Ross?

I think that depends on your definition of Mike Ross.

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:32 pm

I'm packing it up and calling no movement for me today.
I'll try to make myself feel better by believing that the Adcomms got together today to make a decision to be released next week :D

NotAGolfer

Silver

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (new poll)

Postby NotAGolfer » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:44 pm

SmallK wrote:
dasq5511 wrote:
lawlzschool wrote:
Dodocogon wrote:
Keilz wrote:
a/s/l everyone. 24 f nj

21 m ks

23 f soooocal

20 m "sooocal"

27 f bos

Really happy to see another 27 yo, thought I might be the only one
27 f mn

My fave part of AIM was the away messages. Was a good venue to practice my pithiness

Bronze

Postby 88234 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:57 pm

NotAGolfer wrote:
SmallK wrote:
dasq5511 wrote:
lawlzschool wrote:
Dodocogon wrote:
Keilz wrote:
a/s/l everyone. 24 f nj

21 m ks

23 f soooocal

20 m "sooocal"

27 f bos

27 f mn

My fave part of AIM was the away messages. Was a good venue to practice my pithiness

For whatever reason I imagined you as a tall, skinny, dark haired dude.

Oops.

NotAGolfer

Silver

Postby NotAGolfer » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:00 pm

88234 wrote:
NotAGolfer wrote:
SmallK wrote:
dasq5511 wrote:
lawlzschool wrote:
Dodocogon wrote:
Keilz wrote:
a/s/l everyone. 24 f nj

21 m ks

23 f soooocal

20 m "sooocal"

27 f bos

27 f mn

For whatever reason I imagined you as a tall, skinny, dark haired dude.

Oops.

Lol

guynourmin

Gold

Postby guynourmin » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:02 pm

NotAGolfer wrote:
SmallK wrote:
dasq5511 wrote:
lawlzschool wrote:
Dodocogon wrote:
Keilz wrote:
a/s/l everyone. 24 f nj

21 m ks

23 f soooocal

20 m "sooocal"

27 f bos

27 f mn

Im 27 in the spring. M Chicago.

My favorite thing about aim is all my emo profiles are basically impossible to find and/or connect to me (I hope...). I will never forget my 2 usernames

theboringest

Bronze

Postby theboringest » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:05 pm

Dat preftige tho

NotAGolfer

Silver

Postby NotAGolfer » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:09 pm

guybourdin wrote:
NotAGolfer wrote:
SmallK wrote:
dasq5511 wrote:
lawlzschool wrote:
Dodocogon wrote:
Keilz wrote:
a/s/l everyone. 24 f nj

21 m ks

23 f soooocal

20 m "sooocal"

27 f bos

27 f mn

Im 27 in the spring. M Chicago.

My favorite thing about aim is all my emo profiles are basically impossible to find and/or connect to me (I hope...). I will never forget my 2 usernames

Ha that would be the worst. I need to figure out how to get my MySpace deleted still, I forgot my password...talk about my emo phase

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:22 pm

NotAGolfer wrote:Ha that would be the worst. I need to figure out how to get my MySpace deleted still, I forgot my password...talk about my emo phase

So, the other day (awhile ago, actually) I went on a super intense journey to figure out how to delete my MySpace. It turns out that most of it is basically deleted already. Like none of the posts/comments still exist. I ended up finding my MySpace by finding my ex-boyfriend's MySpace (from freshman and sophomore year of HIGH SCHOOL) and, to age the death of MySpace, I was still #1 on his top friends. I have no idea what my log-in for that stupid page is though and I couldn't figure out how in the world to get it.

Edit: in case any of you were wondering, I decided to try finding his page instead because his name is more unique than mine :lol:

guynourmin

Gold

Postby guynourmin » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:26 pm

brinicolec wrote:Edit: in case any of you were wondering, I decided to try finding his page instead because his name is more unique than mine :lol:

Trying to cover up your reasoning only makes it more obvious. :D
NotAGolfer wrote:Ha that would be the worst. I need to figure out how to get my MySpace deleted still, I forgot my password...talk about my emo phase

I think brinicolec is right and most is deleted already. Pretty sure when I looked a while ago my TBS profile song was still up though, lol. Luckily I went through a pretty minimalist phase before I kicked MySpace so it should be pretty sparse even if everything is still up.

NotAGolfer

Silver

Postby NotAGolfer » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:27 pm

brinicolec wrote:

So, the other day (awhile ago, actually) I went on a super intense journey to figure out how to delete my MySpace. It turns out that most of it is basically deleted already. Like none of the posts/comments still exist. I ended up finding my MySpace by finding my ex-boyfriend's MySpace (from freshman and sophomore year of HIGH SCHOOL) and, to age the death of MySpace, I was still #1 on his top friends. I have no idea what my log-in for that stupid page is though and I couldn't figure out how in the world to get it.

Whoa you're right, just looked at mine. My profile pic is still embarrassing but that seems to be the worst of it.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?