TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

83%
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

Mikey

Platinum

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby Mikey » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:40 pm

shit, the only gym i hit up is in pokemon go

ms9

Gold

Postby ms9 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:45 am

Hi all.

Just an fyi we are working on a calendar of dates when applications are released and will put it up on our blog when it is done. I'll let everyone know via twitter and on here once it is done. These things are a bit slower to do than it may sound, because we have to call a bunch of schools and be very precise and redundant with our wording -- as experience has taught us you often get a bunch of wrong dates given to you until you clearly establish you are looking for the date the applications are released, not accepted or due etc. But we on it!

R. Jeeves

Gold

Postby R. Jeeves » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:14 am

Thanks MS9!

R. Jeeves

Gold

Postby R. Jeeves » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:21 am

R. Jeeves wrote:
TexasENG wrote:And here's a plug to something I had put together earlier this year. I compiled all of the self-reported TLS data from the last three cycles for the T14 (admittances / scholarships) and put them into an excel workbook. If you are interested its linked here. Additionally there is a page that allows you to enter in your GPA / LSAT and get a handle on how other TLSers with similar stats have done.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w9wo8eibhc54jyq/TLS%20Admissions%20Data%20Spreadsheet%203.0.xlsx?dl=0

If you find something broken let me know and I'll try to fix it!

i cant access any doc sharing platforms at work, but this sounds dank. ill add it to the OP after i get a chance to look at it later this evening.

this is indeed dank. added to the OP. thanks for your work on this TexasENG!

The_Pluviophile

Bronze

Postby The_Pluviophile » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:13 am

pretzeltime wrote:
The_Pluviophile wrote:
TheMikey wrote:So class of 2020, I'm curious about you guys. Do you plan on traveling anywhere before you start law school? Whether it be this summer, over the period of the cycle, or next summer.

[+] Spoiler
I plan on going to Atlantic City several times (soon hopefully), as well as visit family outside of the country before I start school, i miss some of them.

I'll be in the Netherlands all this fall! Plans to travel around the rest of Europe while I'm there of course.

Uggghh endlessly jel. Where in Holland?

Groningen. Its about a two and half hour train ride north-east from Amsterdam. (A train ride I suspect I will be making frequently :lol: ).

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:27 am

R. Jeeves wrote:

Jeeves, I created the NYU c/o 2020 applicants thread if you want to add it to your OP :D

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=266835
Last edited by Mikey on Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

pretzeltime

Gold

Postby pretzeltime » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:30 am

The_Pluviophile wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:
The_Pluviophile wrote:
TheMikey wrote:So class of 2020, I'm curious about you guys. Do you plan on traveling anywhere before you start law school? Whether it be this summer, over the period of the cycle, or next summer.

[+] Spoiler
I plan on going to Atlantic City several times (soon hopefully), as well as visit family outside of the country before I start school, i miss some of them.

I'll be in the Netherlands all this fall! Plans to travel around the rest of Europe while I'm there of course.

Uggghh endlessly jel. Where in Holland?

Groningen. Its about a two and half hour train ride north-east from Amsterdam. (A train ride I suspect I will be making frequently :lol: ).

Wow I didn't even know that the Netherlands was big enough for a 2.5 hour train ride ;) Well, that sounds amazing! The Dutch are thaaaaaaaaaaa best.

R. Jeeves

Gold

Postby R. Jeeves » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:38 am

TheMikey wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:

Jeeves, I created the NYU c/o 2020 applicants thread if you want to add it to your OP :D

Sweet! Added to the OP. Other posters ITT feel free to OP a specific school's applicant thread.

Kopetz

Bronze

Postby Kopetz » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:33 am

TheMikey wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:

this is great, thank you

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:35 am

Kopetz wrote:
TheMikey wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:

this is great, thank you

:D I feel like I'm missing something in the OP, but I'm not too sure..

TexasENG

Silver

Postby TexasENG » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:18 pm

R. Jeeves wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:
TexasENG wrote:And here's a plug to something I had put together earlier this year. I compiled all of the self-reported TLS data from the last three cycles for the T14 (admittances / scholarships) and put them into an excel workbook. If you are interested its linked here. Additionally there is a page that allows you to enter in your GPA / LSAT and get a handle on how other TLSers with similar stats have done.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w9wo8eibhc54jyq/TLS%20Admissions%20Data%20Spreadsheet%203.0.xlsx?dl=0

i cant access any doc sharing platforms at work, but this sounds dank. ill add it to the OP after i get a chance to look at it later this evening.

Glad people found it interesting! I realize lsn has more info, but I found this to be an interesting subset. I plan on adding CO 2020 when we start getting info rolling in.

TexasENG

Silver

Postby TexasENG » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:19 pm

MikeSpivey wrote:Hi all.

Just an fyi we are working on a calendar of dates when applications are released and will put it up on our blog when it is done. I'll let everyone know via twitter and on here once it is done. These things are a bit slower to do than it may sound, because we have to call a bunch of schools and be very precise and redundant with our wording -- as experience has taught us you often get a bunch of wrong dates given to you until you clearly establish you are looking for the date the applications are released, not accepted or due etc. But we on it!

MS9 always the MVP

Ifoundnemo

New

Postby Ifoundnemo » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:35 pm

Anyone else having trouble entering personal data onto the awesome dropbox spreadsheet? Is there a "trick" to it? I've tried opening with different browsers, but the yellow fields seem to be fixed at points that I WISH i was entering, but alas - I must put in lower #'s! Thanks!!

HaveMercy

New

Postby HaveMercy » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:45 pm

Last edited by HaveMercy on Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TexasENG

Silver

Postby TexasENG » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:47 pm

HaveMercy wrote:
TexasENG wrote:Glad people found it interesting! I realize lsn has more info, but I found this to be an interesting subset. I plan on adding CO 2020 when we start getting info rolling in.

How accurate would you say this is? Because if this is accurate you have made me extremely optimistic/excited, whereas everyone else is saying I need to retake... Good stuff regardless! Thank you!

Tough to say, its self-reported data and its only from the TLS userbase. I'd like to think people wouldn't lie about stuff but who knows. You can always see the raw numbers for number of other people with similar stats that were accepted / rejected / waitlisted which probably provides a better picture (i.e. if there are only 2 people with similar info it may not be that applicable.

TexasENG

Silver

Postby TexasENG » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:49 pm

Ifoundnemo wrote:Anyone else having trouble entering personal data onto the awesome dropbox spreadsheet? Is there a "trick" to it? I've tried opening with different browsers, but the yellow fields seem to be fixed at points that I WISH i was entering, but alas - I must put in lower #'s! Thanks!!

I think you need to download to use it. I think the dropbox preview just shows a static image of whatever data I was playing around with last when I uploaded it. Not 100% on that though.

dietcoke1

Silver

Postby dietcoke1 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:07 pm

Last edited by dietcoke1 on Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HaveMercy

New

Postby HaveMercy » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:17 pm

Last edited by HaveMercy on Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

R. Jeeves

Gold

Postby R. Jeeves » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:31 pm

TexasENG wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:

Glad people found it interesting! I realize lsn has more info, but I found this to be an interesting subset. I plan on adding CO 2020 when we start getting info rolling in.

idk if this is a subset. ive looked at a couple ranges and your spreadsheet had more applicants reporting results than mylsn did for those ranges. which could mean its even more useful than mylsn. ill take a close look at the data over a few ranges before coming to that conclusion though.

does anyone ITT know of any good statistical metrics that would be useful in comparing the mylsn data and TexasENG's data? we dont have to nerd out about this... but we can

R. Jeeves

Gold

Postby R. Jeeves » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:34 pm

HaveMercy wrote:
TexasENG wrote:
HaveMercy wrote:
TexasENG wrote:Glad people found it interesting! I realize lsn has more info, but I found this to be an interesting subset. I plan on adding CO 2020 when we start getting info rolling in.

How accurate would you say this is? Because if this is accurate you have made me extremely optimistic/excited, whereas everyone else is saying I need to retake... Good stuff regardless! Thank you!

Tough to say, its self-reported data and its only from the TLS userbase. I'd like to think people wouldn't lie about stuff but who knows. You can always see the raw numbers for number of other people with similar stats that were accepted / rejected / waitlisted which probably provides a better picture (i.e. if there are only 2 people with similar info it may not be that applicable.

Lol it's just that if I put my numbers in I am 3/3 at Yale, even though I'm nearly 9 points below their admitted LSAT average

are you URM? bc URM sample sizes are pretty small for even reasonably large LSAT/GPA ranges on mylsn and this worksheet. Its pretty likely that you would get divergent predictions from the two databases

R. Jeeves

Gold

Postby R. Jeeves » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:37 pm

TexasENG wrote:
HaveMercy wrote:

i doint think anyone would lie either, but i think there may be a bias towards reporting acceptances. i suspect that people are less likely to be proactive about reporting rejections. but i suppose mylsn faces this problem too.

HaveMercy

New

Postby HaveMercy » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:39 pm

R. Jeeves

Gold

Postby R. Jeeves » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:57 pm

HaveMercy wrote:I'm non-URM latino, but those numbers happened when I put it in the general stat lookup.

yeah actually i just looked at it. 166 and 3.8-4.0 gets you

on mylsn:
Y - 0/8
H - 1/19
S - 0/11

on the worksheet:
Y - 3/3
H - 8/11
S - 4/4

not sure what to make of that

HaveMercy

New

Postby HaveMercy » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:13 pm

Ifoundnemo

New

Postby Ifoundnemo » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:57 pm

Dang...I tried downloading the dropbox spreadsheet and now I can enter my stats in the yellow areas, but it doesn't seem to change the results! Any other suggestions?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?