TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

83%
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

proteinshake

Gold

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants - psychopaths & conceded ponies welcome

Postby proteinshake » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:00 am

anyone know if Cornell is a good bargaining chip for the other T14s?

Keilz

Gold

Postby Keilz » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:09 am

Deleting this because I posted too late at night :?
Last edited by Keilz on Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

donosti

New

Postby donosti » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:15 am

sjs12 wrote:Regent Law School needs to do less.

I second that--same with Concordia University!

waldorf

Gold

Postby waldorf » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:36 am

donosti wrote:

YES! Good Lord, they email me multiple times a week.

donosti

New

Postby donosti » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:08 am

sjs12 wrote:
donosti wrote:

YES! Good Lord, they email me multiple times a week.

Before taking the steps to apply for law schools nobody warns you of the ensuing assault on your inbox.

studyingeveryday

Silver

Postby studyingeveryday » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:45 am

Does anyone think the drop in high LSAT scores might at least partially be due to the new really weird logic games that have emerged? Idk about anyone else but even after doing almost every LG out there the weird games just messed me up terribly. I didn't expect them and the prospect of having to figure out a new game type freaked me out and I just couldn't figure it out even though LG was always my best section. Even though a lot of TLS ended up doing okay with them I can't imagine I'm the only test taker who felt this way?

jonny27

Bronze

Postby jonny27 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:18 pm

studyingeveryday wrote:Does anyone think the drop in high LSAT scores might at least partially be due to the new really weird logic games that have emerged? Idk about anyone else but even after doing almost every LG out there the weird games just messed me up terribly. I didn't expect them and the prospect of having to figure out a new game type freaked me out and I just couldn't figure it out even though LG was always my best section. Even though a lot of TLS ended up doing okay with them I can't imagine I'm the only test taker who felt this way?

Do you know for sure that there's been a measurable drop in high scores? Can you provide a reputable link or something?

RParadela

Silver

Postby RParadela » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:49 pm

proteinshake wrote:anyone know if Cornell is a good bargaining chip for the other T14s?

It seems like Cornell is less generous with scholarship money than the other T14s. Anecdotally, it seems like Michigan and Duke are generally the most generous, thus probably the best bargaining chips for scholarship money elsewhere

echonov

New

Postby echonov » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:27 pm

jonny27 wrote:
studyingeveryday wrote:Does anyone think the drop in high LSAT scores might at least partially be due to the new really weird logic games that have emerged? Idk about anyone else but even after doing almost every LG out there the weird games just messed me up terribly. I didn't expect them and the prospect of having to figure out a new game type freaked me out and I just couldn't figure it out even though LG was always my best section. Even though a lot of TLS ended up doing okay with them I can't imagine I'm the only test taker who felt this way?

Do you know for sure that there's been a measurable drop in high scores? Can you provide a reputable link or something?

Per MS9 -- ==error==/2016-2 ... of-1-5-17/ -- scores 171+ are down significantly or flat; 170 is up.

guynourmin

Gold

Postby guynourmin » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:30 pm

echonov wrote:
jonny27 wrote:

Per MS9 -- ==error==/2016-2 ... of-1-5-17/ -- scores 171+ are down significantly or flat; 170 is up.

They were all up the previous cycle, though - ==error==/2015-1 ... of-3-8-16/ -. This 'down' could be down to normal (I don't know if that is the case, though - I haven't run the numbers).

jonny27

Bronze

Postby jonny27 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:10 pm

guybourdin wrote:
echonov wrote:
jonny27 wrote:

They were all up the previous cycle, though - ==error==/2015-1 ... of-3-8-16/ -. This 'down' could be down to normal (I don't know if that is the case, though - I haven't run the numbers).

Cool. Thanks, guys

addie1412

Silver

Postby addie1412 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:52 am

the things that keep me up at night...http://lawschoolnumbers.com/godelfan

Thelaw23

Silver

Postby Thelaw23 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:55 am

addie1412 wrote:the things that keep me up at night...http://lawschoolnumbers.com/godelfan

Is it possible the person is like 60 years old? Or that adcoms thought he was BS'ing?

High school teacher AND department head, paramedic, parlimentarian, corporate board member, and professor of statistics?

Maybe something didn't add up in his resume, I don't know.

Edit: Now that I look at it, I think he entered some information wrong. NYU hasn't sent out dings yet, no?

R. Jeeves

Gold

Postby R. Jeeves » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:00 am

Thelaw23 wrote:Edit: Now that I look at it, I think he entered some information wrong. NYU hasn't sent out dings yet, no?

It's from last cycle

Thelaw23

Silver

Postby Thelaw23 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:02 am

Woops, then damn.

R. Jeeves

Gold

Postby R. Jeeves » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:04 am

Thelaw23 wrote:
addie1412 wrote:the things that keep me up at night...http://lawschoolnumbers.com/godelfan

Is it possible the person is like 60 years old? Or that adcoms thought he was BS'ing?

High school teacher AND department head, paramedic, parlimentarian, corporate board member, and professor of statistics?

Edit: Now that I look at it, I think he entered some information wrong. NYU hasn't sent out dings yet, no?

Yeah he seems like an old dude. Plus he has a misdemeanor - it could be a bad one.

forum_user

Silver

Postby forum_user » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:34 am

Stopped reading after "Elected Libertarian" because I'd solved the mystery at that point.

ashrice13

Gold

Postby ashrice13 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:50 am

R. Jeeves wrote:
Thelaw23 wrote:

Yeah he seems like an old dude. Plus he has a misdemeanor - it could be a bad one.

I'd also start to think about the PS/LORs. There must be some fatal flaws.

theboringest

Bronze

Postby theboringest » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:54 am

ashrice13 wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:
Thelaw23 wrote:

I'd also start to think about the PS/LORs. There must be some fatal flaws.

Yeah seriously- I feel like people might underestimate just how important being personable/appearing like a normal human being is for law school apps- I know MS9 talks about it a lot, your numbers are necessary, not sufficient, to get you in...not trying to assume that dude has a bad application but it makes you wonder what's going on.

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:12 pm

Heh, that looks like my cycle from two years ago. Speaking from experience their app was probably pretty bad. I thought my app was good, but I look back at everything that wasn't my GPA/lsat and cringe

Keilz

Gold

Postby Keilz » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:18 pm

do decisions ever come out on Mondays?

dclaw93

Bronze

Postby dclaw93 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:20 pm

Keilz wrote:do decisions ever come out on Mondays?

I heard from BU last Monday - it doesn't seem like there's as much movement as other days though.

RParadela

Silver

Postby RParadela » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:27 pm

Finally got my fee waiver from UVA and applied. I've officially blanketed the T14s (minus HYS) with fee waivers from all but Columbia! Time to anxiously wait it out

RParadela

Silver

Postby RParadela » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:32 pm

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:

Heh, that looks like my cycle from two years ago. Speaking from experience their app was probably pretty bad. I thought my app was good, but I look back at everything that wasn't my GPA/lsat and cringe

This sort of freaks me out. As an undergrad who didn't work much and wasn't too involved in extracurriculars, I'm scared that although my numbers are solid, I'll get dinged because I don't have anything too impressive on my app

amta

Platinum

Postby amta » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:35 pm

submitted a bunch. if you wanna follow my LSN PM me for link.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?