TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

83%
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

galeatus

Silver

Re: TLS c/o 2020 wannabes - you cant spell Applicant w/o the 'i cant'

Postby galeatus » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:49 pm

brinicolec wrote:Anyone have any opinions on when it's a good idea to withdraw an app or not? Lol

I guess it depends on money - if you're ok with paying more for a better school and don't really want/need the scholly from the worse schools then you can withdraw. If you're slightly more debt averse then you might wanna keep all your apps and evaluate your options once you receive all the decisions.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:19 pm

anyone have ideas on when its best to submit Why Xs? I'm debating about throwing the apps out now and submitting the Why Xs as i get to them.

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:29 pm

galeatus wrote:
brinicolec wrote:Anyone have any opinions on when it's a good idea to withdraw an app or not? Lol

I guess it depends on money - if you're ok with paying more for a better school and don't really want/need the scholly from the worse schools then you can withdraw. If you're slightly more debt averse then you might wanna keep all your apps and evaluate your options once you receive all the decisions.

I'm probably less debt averse than I should be but I'm interested in a tougher market so would rather go to a school that does well in that market vs gives me money

galeatus

Silver

Postby galeatus » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:50 pm

brinicolec wrote:
galeatus wrote:

I'm probably less debt averse than I should be but I'm interested in a tougher market so would rather go to a school that does well in that market vs gives me money

Ehhh, same here. I'm keeping all my apps and not withdrawing any just because I like holding a crap load of offers, as pathetic as it is, it makes me feel good about myself :D :D :D

addie1412

Silver

Postby addie1412 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:18 am

as much as I hate being back at work, I'm more than ready for admissions offices to reopen :lol: let's gooo

katthegreat11

Bronze

Postby katthegreat11 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:06 am

galeatus wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
galeatus wrote:

Ehhh, same here. I'm keeping all my apps and not withdrawing any just because I like holding a crap load of offers, as pathetic as it is, it makes me feel good about myself :D :D :D

I am with you galeatus haha, even though the financial aid application process of certain schools (cough cough GULC) is making me seriously question if it's worth it if there's practically a 0% chance I would go there...

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:06 pm

looks like the addcoms are busy, I've had movement on three different apps! feelsgoodman.

TexasENG

Silver

Postby TexasENG » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:11 pm

Last edited by TexasENG on Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

NotAGolfer

Silver

Postby NotAGolfer » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:27 pm

Really hoping Dec scores are released today so we can see some movement :)

On a completely different note, anyone have any thoughts on timing of notifying your current employer that you'll be leaving to go to law school? I had the unrealistic expectation that I would have made my decision on which school I'd be attending by the time I gave notice, but since that won't likely be until April or May I've let that expectation go. With all the days I'll need to take off in March and April for ASWs I don't know how much longer I can realistically wait.

Anyone else procrastinating giving notice? Or am I the only one?

TexasENG

Silver

Postby TexasENG » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:33 pm

Last edited by TexasENG on Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

lawcapture

Bronze

Postby lawcapture » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:33 pm

NotAGolfer wrote:Really hoping Dec scores are released today so we can see some movement :)

On a completely different note, anyone have any thoughts on timing of notifying your current employer that you'll be leaving to go to law school? I had the unrealistic expectation that I would have made my decision on which school I'd be attending by the time I gave notice, but since that won't likely be until April or May I've let that expectation go. With all the days I'll need to take off in March and April for ASWs I don't know how much longer I can realistically wait.

I'm sure every company/situation is different but here is my background - been at my company for 3 years and had my boss write me a LOC. Told her that I would consider deferring my acceptance a year depending on where I got in and how scholarships shook out. Have kept her posted and told her before the holidays that this would be my last 6 months and I won't be deferring any acceptances. I think the best thing to do it give a couple months, especially if they will need to back fill you. Although if you are at a large company or company that is making cuts and don't bring in business/not billable and serve as direct overhead, it may be a little better to wait until a month or so before you leave just in case.

ashrice13

Gold

Postby ashrice13 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:52 pm

NotAGolfer wrote:Really hoping Dec scores are released today so we can see some movement :)

I'm going to wait until I know for sure I received the $$$ I want before I give notice. I'll probably give 2-3 months notice but I only plan on taking about 3 weeks off between work and school so the timing is a little earlier for me to manage.

sorence

Bronze

Postby sorence » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:02 pm

Dec scores are rolling out now according to Reddit! I'm hoping for movement as well~

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:07 pm

sorence wrote:

Dec scores are rolling out now according to Reddit! I'm hoping for movement as well~

Yup, it's gray day for Dec takers.

Here's to hoping they didn't outperform the previous stats lol.

Bronze

Postby 88234 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:16 pm

brinicolec wrote:
sorence wrote:

I'm not rooting against individuals, but I am rooting against the masses.

calpolisci2016

Bronze

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants - psychopaths & conceded ponies welcome

Postby calpolisci2016 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:52 pm

I told the schools that I applied to for them to wait until the release of my December LSAT score. Do I have to notify them that I got my score and what it is, or do the schools receive an automatic notification?

Rubbishdump

Bronze

Postby Rubbishdump » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:55 pm

brinicolec wrote:
sorence wrote:

+1

R. Jeeves

Gold

Postby R. Jeeves » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:06 pm

88234 wrote:I'm not rooting against individuals, but I am rooting against the masses.

yeah, i too am rooting against r/lsat

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:19 pm

R. Jeeves wrote:
88234 wrote:I'm not rooting against individuals, but I am rooting against the masses.

yeah, i too am rooting against r/lsat

:lol: :lol: :lol:

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:20 pm

calpolisci2016 wrote:I told the schools that I applied to for them to wait until the release of my December LSAT score. Do I have to notify them that I got my score and what it is, or do the schools receive an automatic notification?

automatic notification. but I suppose you can email them if it makes you feel better.

Assasindowntheavenue

Silver

Postby Assasindowntheavenue » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:36 pm

88234 wrote:
I'm not rooting against individuals, but I am rooting against the masses.

+100

RParadela

Silver

Postby RParadela » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:39 pm

Sup December squad

amta

Platinum

Postby amta » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:39 pm

in

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:39 pm

I'm procrastinating a bit because I'm G&A and mgmt is really squeezing non-billable costs. I didn't get LOR's from anyone since I only have about a year here and applied before I hit that mark.

I'll probably let them know in may, hopefully they'll let me work for a month and a half to train the backfill (also I have a project around that time that's pretty intensive so I'm banking on them kinda needing me even if it is an overhead cost

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:44 pm

amta wrote:in

Oh hello

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?