TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

10
10
83%
9
0
No votes
8
1
8%
7
0
No votes
6
0
No votes
5
0
No votes
4
0
No votes
3
1
8%
2
0
No votes
1
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 12

User avatar
pretzeltime

Gold
Posts: 1993
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 6:57 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby pretzeltime » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:37 am

.
Last edited by pretzeltime on Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ponderingmeerkat

Gold
Posts: 1875
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:24 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby ponderingmeerkat » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:40 am

R. Jeeves wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:It's okay bb I google fiber related questions all the damn time

this def makes sense in light of your post history


:shock: :lol:

User avatar
Kopetz

Bronze
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:06 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby Kopetz » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:46 am

pretzeltime wrote:
TexasENG wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:Tried to pull a meerkat method last night writing my PS. Somehow the whole bottle of wine disappeared and I ended up googling various driving distances in middle America. I had NO IDEA that Cleveland's on Lake Eerie. Drive times from Cleveland to places like Toronto and Chicago and Buffalo and Pittsburgh are just ASTOUNDING yall


As someone who grew up in the Cleveland area and has traveled from there to all of those places, is the drive time astoundingly long or short to you?


Short! I honestly didn't know about the Lake Eerie set up until I just examined it. Didn't know Rochester was so close to Lake Ontario.

And Buffalo is a 5 hr drive to Detroit through Canada?? This is wild


coming from out west I'm always shocked how close everything east of the rockies seems to be

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby Mikey » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:47 am

it's that iced vanilla latte type of morning

User avatar
pretzeltime

Gold
Posts: 1993
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 6:57 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby pretzeltime » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:53 am

.
Last edited by pretzeltime on Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
pretzeltime

Gold
Posts: 1993
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 6:57 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby pretzeltime » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:53 am

TheMikey wrote:it's that iced vanilla latte type of morning


Not gonna lie Mikes you have a very betchy taste for coffee

User avatar
R. Jeeves

Gold
Posts: 1980
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 7:54 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby R. Jeeves » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:54 am

Kopetz wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:
TexasENG wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:Tried to pull a meerkat method last night writing my PS. Somehow the whole bottle of wine disappeared and I ended up googling various driving distances in middle America. I had NO IDEA that Cleveland's on Lake Eerie. Drive times from Cleveland to places like Toronto and Chicago and Buffalo and Pittsburgh are just ASTOUNDING yall


As someone who grew up in the Cleveland area and has traveled from there to all of those places, is the drive time astoundingly long or short to you?


Short! I honestly didn't know about the Lake Eerie set up until I just examined it. Didn't know Rochester was so close to Lake Ontario.

And Buffalo is a 5 hr drive to Detroit through Canada?? This is wild


coming from out west I'm always shocked how close everything east of the rockies seems to be


haha yeah its pretty weird. I always made the trip from SF to san diego as a kid and it would take like 8-9 hours. now i live in massachusettes and people COMMUTE FROM OTHER STATES. i have trouble processing that concept.

eta: scooped by pretzel
Last edited by R. Jeeves on Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
pretzeltime

Gold
Posts: 1993
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 6:57 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby pretzeltime » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:54 am

.
Last edited by pretzeltime on Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby Mikey » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:02 am

pretzeltime wrote:
TheMikey wrote:it's that iced vanilla latte type of morning


Not gonna lie Mikes you have a very betchy taste for coffee

good af tho

User avatar
R. Jeeves

Gold
Posts: 1980
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 7:54 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby R. Jeeves » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:09 am

ngogirl12 wrote:Checking in. Currently prepping for the September LSAT, so I will be working on all my materials post LSAT. I hope that it won't be too late. I already contacted two of my LOR's.


tofuspeedstar wrote:Hi.


hello and welcome! glad to see more september friends checking in!

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby Mikey » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:16 am

So class of 2020, I'm curious about you guys. Do you plan on traveling anywhere before you start law school? Whether it be this summer, over the period of the cycle, or next summer.


[+] Spoiler
I plan on going to Atlantic City several times (soon hopefully), as well as visit family outside of the country before I start school, i miss some of them.

User avatar
TexasENG

Silver
Posts: 1074
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby TexasENG » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:26 am

TheMikey wrote:So class of 2020, I'm curious about you guys. Do you plan on traveling anywhere before you start law school? Whether it be this summer, over the period of the cycle, or next summer.


[+] Spoiler
I plan on going to Atlantic City several times (soon hopefully), as well as visit family outside of the country before I start school, i miss some of them.


My wife and I plan on doing a week in the Caribbean plus a week or two in Europe before I leave. Haven't gotten our full plan yet because ill probably work through the end of July next year and she's doing T/A work at the beginning of the year

User avatar
Baby Gaga

Bronze
Posts: 432
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:07 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby Baby Gaga » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:29 am

TheMikey wrote:So class of 2020, I'm curious about you guys. Do you plan on traveling anywhere before you start law school? Whether it be this summer, over the period of the cycle, or next summer.


[+] Spoiler
I plan on going to Atlantic City several times (soon hopefully), as well as visit family outside of the country before I start school, i miss some of them.


I'm working this year so no, but before I started this job I did a ridiculous Eurotrip for a month sleeping in hostels and flying around on budget airlines. Highly recommended.

User avatar
EnfieldTennisChamp

Bronze
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:59 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby EnfieldTennisChamp » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:29 am

TexasENG wrote:And here's a plug to something I had put together earlier this year. I compiled all of the self-reported TLS data from the last three cycles for the T14 (admittances / scholarships) and put them into an excel workbook. If you are interested its linked here. Additionally there is a page that allows you to enter in your GPA / LSAT and get a handle on how other TLSers with similar stats have done.


https://www.dropbox.com/s/w9wo8eibhc54jyq/TLS%20Admissions%20Data%20Spreadsheet%203.0.xlsx?dl=0

If you find something broken let me know and I'll try to fix it!



That's cool. :D

User avatar
R. Jeeves

Gold
Posts: 1980
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 7:54 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby R. Jeeves » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:31 am

TheMikey wrote:So class of 2020, I'm curious about you guys. Do you plan on traveling anywhere before you start law school? Whether it be this summer, over the period of the cycle, or next summer.


[+] Spoiler
I plan on going to Atlantic City several times (soon hopefully), as well as visit family outside of the country before I start school, i miss some of them.


going to India in Dec for a wedding. Really want to go back to europe next summer. Im thinking France/Italy and/or Scotland/Ireland.

but kyoto has put up a surprisingly strong showing in the poll though. maybe ill give it some thought...

ponderingmeerkat

Gold
Posts: 1875
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:24 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby ponderingmeerkat » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:41 am

TheMikey wrote:So class of 2020, I'm curious about you guys. Do you plan on traveling anywhere before you start law school? Whether it be this summer, over the period of the cycle, or next summer.


[+] Spoiler
I plan on going to Atlantic City several times (soon hopefully), as well as visit family outside of the country before I start school, i miss some of them.


Got a scuba dive trip planned for December at the Great Barrier Reef with my brothers and Mrs. Meerkat and I are tentatively planning a week in Thailand next summer (depending on when/how long her firm gives first-year associates for time away without the old side-eye).

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby Mikey » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:44 am

TexasENG wrote:My wife and I plan on doing a week in the Caribbean plus a week or two in Europe before I leave. Haven't gotten our full plan yet because ill probably work through the end of July next year and she's doing T/A work at the beginning of the year

Ahh the Caribbean! It seems really nice and chill to go down there and just relax. Europe is dope too, from the look of it a lot of people on TLS love going on eurotrips as well 8)

Baby Gaga wrote:I'm working this year so no, but before I started this job I did a ridiculous Eurotrip for a month sleeping in hostels and flying around on budget airlines. Highly recommended.

Nice! Eurotrips seem so fun and exciting, you guys are giving me ideas ;) haha

R. Jeeves wrote:going to India in Dec for a wedding. Really want to go back to europe next summer. Im thinking France/Italy and/or Scotland/Ireland.

kyoto has put up a surprisingly strong showing in the poll though. maybe ill give it some thought...

Oh have fun at that wedding! Italy is really nice, I've actually always wanted to go there and gain 20 pounds in less than a day lmao. For real though, I've wanted to go there for a while, but every time I would calculate costs for everything, it's just so expensive!

ponderingmeerkat wrote:Got a scuba dive trip planned for December at the Great Barrier Reef with my brothers and Mrs. Meerkat and I are tentatively planning a week in Thailand next summer (depending on when/how long her firm gives first-year associates for time away without the old side-eye).

Oooooh Thailand :D What made you guys choose to go there?

User avatar
EnfieldTennisChamp

Bronze
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:59 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby EnfieldTennisChamp » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:51 am

ponderingmeerkat wrote:I really appreciate the effort you are putting into becoming TLS Class of 2020's press secretary. :D


:D

User avatar
TexasENG

Silver
Posts: 1074
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby TexasENG » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:53 am

TheMikey wrote:
TexasENG wrote:My wife and I plan on doing a week in the Caribbean plus a week or two in Europe before I leave. Haven't gotten our full plan yet because ill probably work through the end of July next year and she's doing T/A work at the beginning of the year

Ahh the Caribbean! It seems really nice and chill to go down there and just relax. Europe is dope too, from the look of it a lot of people on TLS love going on eurotrips as well 8)


Since we live so close to the Caribbean now we can get great deals and its good to get away for a few days from the grind.

I've enjoyed Atlantic City when I've gone. The beach was way nicer than I expected. Are you doing anything special there or just gambling?

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby Mikey » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:01 pm

TexasENG wrote:
TheMikey wrote:
TexasENG wrote:My wife and I plan on doing a week in the Caribbean plus a week or two in Europe before I leave. Haven't gotten our full plan yet because ill probably work through the end of July next year and she's doing T/A work at the beginning of the year

Ahh the Caribbean! It seems really nice and chill to go down there and just relax. Europe is dope too, from the look of it a lot of people on TLS love going on eurotrips as well 8)


Since we live so close to the Caribbean now we can get great deals and its good to get away for a few days from the grind.

I've enjoyed Atlantic City when I've gone. The beach was way nicer than I expected. Are you doing anything special there or just gambling?

Yeah that's good that you can get deals.

As for AC, I plan on just gambling and hanging on the boardwalk

User avatar
pretzeltime

Gold
Posts: 1993
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 6:57 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby pretzeltime » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:03 pm

.
Last edited by pretzeltime on Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zeglo

Silver
Posts: 664
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:42 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby zeglo » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:06 pm

.
Last edited by zeglo on Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
EnfieldTennisChamp

Bronze
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:59 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby EnfieldTennisChamp » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:09 pm

pretzeltime wrote:Gosh, y'all are fancy.


I'm just hoping to get "up north" to the cabin as many times as possible in these next five weeks.

User avatar
pretzeltime

Gold
Posts: 1993
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 6:57 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby pretzeltime » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:13 pm

EnfieldTennisChamp wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:Gosh, y'all are fancy.


I'm just hoping to get "up north" to the cabin as many times as possible in these next five weeks.


Are you in the midwest? Sounds midwest-y. Or maybe New England

I fully endorse that. I am going on a yet unspecified nature adventure road trip this weekend! Need a body of water and some beers and a bit of hiking or something.

User avatar
EnfieldTennisChamp

Bronze
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:59 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby EnfieldTennisChamp » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:29 pm

pretzeltime wrote:Are you in the midwest? Sounds midwest-y. Or maybe New England

I fully endorse that. I am going on a yet unspecified nature adventure road trip this weekend! Need a body of water and some beers and a bit of hiking or something.


Minnesota. Canoe + Cooler + Coupla' books, drive half an hour up the Mississippi, put the canoe in and float back down for a few hours. Probably one of my favorite summer activities.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Exabot [Bot] and 4 guests