TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

83%
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

haley12

Silver

Re: TLS c/o 2020 wannabes - you cant spell Applicant w/o the 'i cant'

Postby haley12 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:33 pm

airwrecka wrote:Just got home from a 10 day vacation in Ecuador. I was obsessively checking statuses of all schools before I left with little movement, but then during my trip I got accepted to Penn, Cornell, got a scholarship at Mich, and got a JS1 from Harvard. So I guess going on vacation is the key to success? :lol:

Anyway...does anyone else feel so excited a bunch of schools and feel overwhelmed with the idea of deciding? Like yes, I understand that some schools are ranked more highly than others, but quite honestly I would LOVE to go to almost every school in the T10. Every time I read an admissions packet or look thoroughly at a website I'm like "that's the school!" but then I change my mind when I look at the next school :P Maybe I'm just really excited by the prospect of living somewhere new for a change, and a lot of options sound better than where I am now :P Hopefully visiting some schools will narrow my choice down a bit!

WOW congrats!! Booking a trip to Ecuador now ;)

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:32 pm

airwrecka wrote:Just got home from a 10 day vacation in Ecuador. I was obsessively checking statuses of all schools before I left with little movement, but then during my trip I got accepted to Penn, Cornell, got a scholarship at Mich, and got a JS1 from Harvard. So I guess going on vacation is the key to success? :lol:

Anyway...does anyone else feel so excited a bunch of schools and feel overwhelmed with the idea of deciding? Like yes, I understand that some schools are ranked more highly than others, but quite honestly I would LOVE to go to almost every school in the T10. Every time I read an admissions packet or look thoroughly at a website I'm like "that's the school!" but then I change my mind when I look at the next school :P Maybe I'm just really excited by the prospect of living somewhere new for a change, and a lot of options sound better than where I am now :P Hopefully visiting some schools will narrow my choice down a bit!

I'm thinking visiting + scholarship money will help me decide. I have a lot of decisions I'm waiting on still though.

Gitaroo_Dude

Silver

Postby Gitaroo_Dude » Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:02 pm

airwrecka wrote:Anyway...does anyone else feel so excited a bunch of schools and feel overwhelmed with the idea of deciding?

I was talking to a family member at Christmas dinner last night and telling them Michigan was my dream school, when my GF pointed out I had said Vandy was my #1, then my mom said she thought I had my heart set on University of Washington. :lol:

I think I've been infatuated with 5 or 6 different schools at some point during this process. Visits and scholarships will help whittle some down but I can already tell that deciding between the final two or three is going to be a really difficult life decision for me.

I guess we're all like the Bachelor/Bachelorette and it's gonna be really hard to decide on those last few roses. 8)

proteinshake wrote:I'm really excited to visit schools!

This is probably the part of the process I was most looking forward to, haha. I'd say I spend about half my day at work planning out trips or researching future ones (the other half I spend browsing TLS) so it's nice to have a bunch of different states and cities to start checking out.

I just wish more schools offered travel stipends. Coming from CA, a lot of the schools I want to see are on the other coast, and I'm not gonna be able to afford that many flights at full cost.

You have a good idea of which schools you're visiting?

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:04 pm

Last edited by proteinshake on Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StopLawying

Silver

Postby StopLawying » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:19 pm

Protein, MS9 is prob the better guy to ask but don't think it'll affect you at all. You won't have the chance to do these types of things once you start school so I say definitely take the tix.

On a different note, I'm wrapping up on apps. Took the Dec test so I know, I'm late in the process. Submitted already most of my apps, but have a few T-14 schools left. Wrote a why NYU (top choice), why Penn, why Mich, why Chicago. Any other schools in the top-14 where writing a why x essay would be helpful? Not sure whether to write one for Columbia, Northwestern, Berk, and Cornell. These schools are more of a reach for me so if it'd be helpful in any way I don't mind spending time writing them.
Pls don't quote!!

StopLawying

Silver

Postby StopLawying » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:27 pm

Also, are all admissions offices closed until the 3rd?

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:38 pm

StopLawying wrote:Also, are all admissions offices closed until the 3rd?

Um... I think I saw someone saying one is opening the 2nd. But pretty much lol

Kopetz

Bronze

Postby Kopetz » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:54 am

Putting a final spit-polish on my Yale 250. I'd be happy to look anyone else's over if they're willing to return the favor.

Hennessy

Gold

Postby Hennessy » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:11 pm

LETTER FROM TULANE LAW ADMISSIONS ON FRIDAY OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Waited all weekend to open it once I was back home from visiting family. Didn't want to gush about it or make a big deal, and I didn't want law school to be the only subject this weekend.

Letter from Tulane Law Admissions omg omg omg omg

Get in last night, SO EXCITED, told myself to wait until tomorrow morning and open it at work.

Got into work, opened it. Christmas card.

haley12

Silver

Postby haley12 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:20 pm

HennessyVSOP wrote:LETTER FROM TULANE LAW ADMISSIONS ON FRIDAY OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Waited all weekend to open it once I was back home from visiting family. Didn't want to gush about it or make a big deal, and I didn't want law school to be the only subject this weekend.

Get in last night, SO EXCITED, told myself to wait until tomorrow morning and open it at work.

Wow, you even had me excited leading up to that :( Can't believe I'm saying this, but I'll be sort of happy when the holidays are over and we start getting news again.

TAD

Bronze

Postby TAD » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:57 pm

Kopetz wrote:Putting a final spit-polish on my Yale 250. I'd be happy to look anyone else's over if they're willing to return the favor.

Submitted mine already but I'm not doing anything. You can send it my way.

Hennessy

Gold

Postby Hennessy » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:34 pm

Ayyy got my first acceptance via status tracker - my UG university (USNWR #140-ish, but supposedly it is a strong local presence.) Got a scholarship too, although I don't know what it is yet. All the acceptances online so far have been around Full $$$$, so here's hoping for the best!

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:27 pm

HennessyVSOP wrote:Ayyy got my first acceptance via status tracker - my UG university (USNWR #140-ish, but supposedly it is a strong local presence.) Got a scholarship too, although I don't know what it is yet. All the acceptances online so far have been around Full $$$$, so here's hoping for the best!

Wait, did you get that today?

Hennessy

Gold

Postby Hennessy » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:30 pm

brinicolec wrote:
HennessyVSOP wrote:Ayyy got my first acceptance via status tracker - my UG university (USNWR #140-ish, but supposedly it is a strong local presence.) Got a scholarship too, although I don't know what it is yet. All the acceptances online so far have been around Full $$$$, so here's hoping for the best!

I checked the status checker - decision was made Dec 22nd, about 3 weeks after I applied.

Kopetz

Bronze

Postby Kopetz » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:25 pm

HennessyVSOP wrote:
brinicolec wrote:

I checked the status checker - decision was made Dec 22nd, about 3 weeks after I applied.

Hey, congrats! It's a great thing to get that little mood boost from an acceptance.

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:57 pm

HennessyVSOP wrote:
brinicolec wrote:

I was about to say THEYRE WORKING AGAIN?!?! Lol

theothercat

Bronze

Postby theothercat » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:51 pm

Has anyone gotten the question "Is there anything you want me to emphasize about you to the admissions committee?" in an interview. I am struggling in thinking about how to answer this question.

Hennessy

Gold

Postby Hennessy » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:54 pm

theothercat wrote:Has anyone gotten the question "Is there anything you want me to emphasize about you to the admissions committee?" in an interview. I am struggling in thinking about how to answer this question.

What they are asking is essentially "Why should we accept you over other applicants?" and you gotta give them the no-holds-barred reason for why you'll be a superior student/your commitment to the school, etc.

it's a stupid question

Kopetz

Bronze

Postby Kopetz » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:59 pm

theothercat wrote:Has anyone gotten the question "Is there anything you want me to emphasize about you to the admissions committee?" in an interview. I am struggling in thinking about how to answer this question.

are you in the interview rn or

I was asked something similar in an alumnus interview: "Is there anything you'd like to highlight on your resume?" I think the best thing to do is to choose something unique that you're proud of or that you can get excited talking about. Probably not the time for (e.g.) "I worked as a paralegal for 8 months" unless it involves a specific project you really liked.

Hennessy

Gold

Postby Hennessy » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:04 pm

double post lol
Last edited by Hennessy on Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

addie1412

Silver

Postby addie1412 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:21 pm

haley12 wrote:
HennessyVSOP wrote:LETTER FROM TULANE LAW ADMISSIONS ON FRIDAY OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I'll be sort of happy when the holidays are over and we start getting news again.

Right there with ya

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:47 pm

addie1412 wrote:
haley12 wrote:

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I'll be sort of happy when the holidays are over and we start getting news again.

Right there with ya

I'm out of school and don't get a nice holiday break so I DEFINITELY can't wait for them to get back to work lol

Gitaroo_Dude

Silver

Postby Gitaroo_Dude » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:12 am

For waitlists, what's the general rule on sending LOCIs? Should you send in the first LOCI immediately along with your intention of remaining on the waitlist, or wait a bit before sending it?

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:49 am

So, here's a question: Anyone know what the prospects of becoming a sports agent look like/the best path to take in order to get into that field? Additional thing to consider that I wish didn't matter but know does: I'm a woman.

Hennessy

Gold

Postby Hennessy » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:47 am

Re: the acceptance above, copped that full ride scholarship for $43k/year!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?