TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

10
10
83%
9
0
No votes
8
1
8%
7
0
No votes
6
0
No votes
5
0
No votes
4
0
No votes
3
1
8%
2
0
No votes
1
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 12

User avatar
forum_user

Silver
Posts: 844
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:40 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby forum_user » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:00 pm

Kopetz wrote:Got a rejection from Cornell 4 days after submitting my app. Is that unusually fast?

Guess they couldn't bear to keep you waiting

I wouldn't worry about it, plenty of fish in the stream!

User avatar
Kopetz

Bronze
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:06 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby Kopetz » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:43 pm

forum_user wrote:
Kopetz wrote:Got a rejection from Cornell 4 days after submitting my app. Is that unusually fast?

Guess they couldn't bear to keep you waiting

I wouldn't worry about it, plenty of fish in the stream!


Heh, thanks. My concern is that it might indicate a fatal flaw in my application. It really gives me pawse to think about it :|

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:48 pm

---
Last edited by SybillAnnDorsett on Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Kopetz

Bronze
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:06 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby Kopetz » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:51 pm

mm2368 wrote:
forum_user wrote:
Kopetz wrote:Got a rejection from Cornell 4 days after submitting my app. Is that unusually fast?

Guess they couldn't bear to keep you waiting

I wouldn't worry about it, plenty of fish in the stream!


I know this sucks and you may be upset but if I'm honest... think I'd rather be you at this moment because the wait alone is killing me. If schools aren't going to accept me I wish they'd know that right away and communicate it immediately.

I'd comb through the PDF version of your app if you saved it or just log into LSAC and check. If you have an error and used the same docs for other schools you have a chance to correct before they render decisions.


Thanks, this is good advice and I'll do that this evening. You're right that it's nice to hear back quickly, especially given that Cornell's job outcomes aren't as lined up with my goals as other schools'. What I'm wondering is what enabled them to make that call so quickly.

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby Mikey » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:53 pm

forum_user wrote:
Kopetz wrote:Got a rejection from Cornell 4 days after submitting my app. Is that unusually fast?

Guess they couldn't bear to keep you waiting

I wouldn't worry about it, plenty of fish in the stream!

ring bear

Hennessy

Gold
Posts: 2516
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:54 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby Hennessy » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:08 pm

could anyone else help review my PS? I just need someone to look for grammar/spelling errors.

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:10 pm

---
Last edited by SybillAnnDorsett on Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Keilz

Gold
Posts: 2319
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby Keilz » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:21 pm

mm2368 wrote:
Kopetz wrote: Thanks, this is good advice and I'll do that this evening. You're right that it's nice to hear back quickly, especially given that Cornell's job outcomes aren't as lined up with my goals as other schools'. What I'm wondering is what enabled them to make that call so quickly.


Honestly, I'm wondering the same thing. I'm sure I'll get eaten alive for suggesting this but what could be the harm (now that you've already been rejected) in asking? I'd want to know, after reading through and making sure you yourself don't find anything wrong, what was the tipping point for them and why it was so easy for them to deny you. I'm not sure what Cornell has as its typical timeline for turnaround but I'd guess "4 days" is a tremendous outlier/anomaly. But that's only if you really care to know their reasoning... my final piece of advice, focus on the other schools. Forget Cornell :D


Yeah honestly I was thinking call them as well, just be super polite and generally concerned without sounding neurotic. 4 days is super fast...

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4644
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby proteinshake » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:23 pm

Keilz wrote:
mm2368 wrote:
Kopetz wrote: Thanks, this is good advice and I'll do that this evening. You're right that it's nice to hear back quickly, especially given that Cornell's job outcomes aren't as lined up with my goals as other schools'. What I'm wondering is what enabled them to make that call so quickly.


Honestly, I'm wondering the same thing. I'm sure I'll get eaten alive for suggesting this but what could be the harm (now that you've already been rejected) in asking? I'd want to know, after reading through and making sure you yourself don't find anything wrong, what was the tipping point for them and why it was so easy for them to deny you. I'm not sure what Cornell has as its typical timeline for turnaround but I'd guess "4 days" is a tremendous outlier/anomaly. But that's only if you really care to know their reasoning... my final piece of advice, focus on the other schools. Forget Cornell :D


Yeah honestly I was thinking call them as well, just be super polite and generally concerned without sounding neurotic. 4 days is super fast...

+1 on contacting them

User avatar
poptart123

Silver
Posts: 1153
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby poptart123 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:26 pm

proteinshake wrote:
Keilz wrote:
mm2368 wrote:
Kopetz wrote: Thanks, this is good advice and I'll do that this evening. You're right that it's nice to hear back quickly, especially given that Cornell's job outcomes aren't as lined up with my goals as other schools'. What I'm wondering is what enabled them to make that call so quickly.


Honestly, I'm wondering the same thing. I'm sure I'll get eaten alive for suggesting this but what could be the harm (now that you've already been rejected) in asking? I'd want to know, after reading through and making sure you yourself don't find anything wrong, what was the tipping point for them and why it was so easy for them to deny you. I'm not sure what Cornell has as its typical timeline for turnaround but I'd guess "4 days" is a tremendous outlier/anomaly. But that's only if you really care to know their reasoning... my final piece of advice, focus on the other schools. Forget Cornell :D


Yeah honestly I was thinking call them as well, just be super polite and generally concerned without sounding neurotic. 4 days is super fast...

+1 on contacting them


Yeah, I don't see anything to lose here.

User avatar
The_Pluviophile

Bronze
Posts: 151
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:55 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby The_Pluviophile » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:49 pm

I haven't posted on this thread in ages but I just wanted to say that I got a tattoo today as (probably) my last "I do whatever the hell I want" decision before I go to law school and become 'the man'. Anyone else made/plan on making any bad decisions before they descend into the den of the beasts this coming fall?

User avatar
R. Jeeves

Gold
Posts: 1980
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 7:54 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby R. Jeeves » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:50 pm

The_Pluviophile wrote:I haven't posted on this thread in ages but I just wanted to say that I got a tattoo today as (probably) my last "I do whatever the hell I want" decision before I go to law school and become 'the man'. Anyone else made/plan on making any bad decisions before they descend into the den of the beasts this coming fall?

wwop

User avatar
The_Pluviophile

Bronze
Posts: 151
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:55 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby The_Pluviophile » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:09 pm

R. Jeeves wrote:
The_Pluviophile wrote:I haven't posted on this thread in ages but I just wanted to say that I got a tattoo today as (probably) my last "I do whatever the hell I want" decision before I go to law school and become 'the man'. Anyone else made/plan on making any bad decisions before they descend into the den of the beasts this coming fall?

wwop


:lol: To fresh for pics, gotta at least wash it up first. Will post later.

User avatar
pretzeltime

Gold
Posts: 1993
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 6:57 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby pretzeltime » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:14 pm

My friend wanted to stick it to the man before law school so she got her hip pierced. It subsequently got infected. Not recommended.

But I am always in favor of tats that can be covered by business attire!

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4479
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby brinicolec » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:17 pm

pretzeltime wrote:My friend wanted to stick it to the man before law school so she got her hip pierced. It subsequently got infected. Not recommended.

But I am always in favor of tats that can be covered by business attire!


Yeah, hip piercings probably don't get a solid chance to heal because of all the things they rub against.

User avatar
ashrice13

Gold
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:30 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby ashrice13 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:37 pm

There's a tattoo on my upper arm/shoulder area I've been wanting for awhile. Can't decide is pre-law school is the best time due to the reasons mentioned above or the worst time due to needing money because I'm about to be really poor for 3 years

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4479
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby brinicolec » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:40 pm

ashrice13 wrote:There's a tattoo on my upper arm/shoulder area I've been wanting for awhile. Can't decide is pre-law school is the best time due to the reasons mentioned above or the worst time due to needing money because I'm about to be really poor for 3 years



I think getting tattoos is a good stress-reliever, personally.

But I could see the "save money" argument too.

User avatar
The_Pluviophile

Bronze
Posts: 151
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:55 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby The_Pluviophile » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:42 pm

ashrice13 wrote:There's a tattoo on my upper arm/shoulder area I've been wanting for awhile. Can't decide is pre-law school is the best time due to the reasons mentioned above or the worst time due to needing money because I'm about to be really poor for 3 years


Valid concern. I'm already broke from traveling, so I thought I might as well go all in.

User avatar
amberb94

Bronze
Posts: 331
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:37 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby amberb94 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:47 pm

brinicolec wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:There's a tattoo on my upper arm/shoulder area I've been wanting for awhile. Can't decide is pre-law school is the best time due to the reasons mentioned above or the worst time due to needing money because I'm about to be really poor for 3 years



I think getting tattoos is a good stress-reliever, personally.

But I could see the "save money" argument too.


I have one on my foot and I really want to get another. I understand why some people get like a million. It's fun.

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4479
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby brinicolec » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:21 pm

amberb94 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:There's a tattoo on my upper arm/shoulder area I've been wanting for awhile. Can't decide is pre-law school is the best time due to the reasons mentioned above or the worst time due to needing money because I'm about to be really poor for 3 years



I think getting tattoos is a good stress-reliever, personally.

But I could see the "save money" argument too.


I have one on my foot and I really want to get another. I understand why some people get like a million. It's fun.

'
I have nine. Trying to decide on a tenth one... Then maybe I'll stop lol.

User avatar
Assasindowntheavenue

Silver
Posts: 818
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby Assasindowntheavenue » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:33 pm

brinicolec wrote:
amberb94 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:There's a tattoo on my upper arm/shoulder area I've been wanting for awhile. Can't decide is pre-law school is the best time due to the reasons mentioned above or the worst time due to needing money because I'm about to be really poor for 3 years



I think getting tattoos is a good stress-reliever, personally.

But I could see the "save money" argument too.


I have one on my foot and I really want to get another. I understand why some people get like a million. It's fun.

'
I have nine. Trying to decide on a tenth one... Then maybe I'll stop lol.



I wish I had nine but they're so expensive lol.

User avatar
The_Pluviophile

Bronze
Posts: 151
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:55 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby The_Pluviophile » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:36 pm

brinicolec wrote:
I have nine. Trying to decide on a tenth one... Then maybe I'll stop lol.


Gotta get to that nice even number :wink:

User avatar
ashrice13

Gold
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:30 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby ashrice13 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:40 pm

brinicolec wrote:
amberb94 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:There's a tattoo on my upper arm/shoulder area I've been wanting for awhile. Can't decide is pre-law school is the best time due to the reasons mentioned above or the worst time due to needing money because I'm about to be really poor for 3 years



I think getting tattoos is a good stress-reliever, personally.

But I could see the "save money" argument too.


I have one on my foot and I really want to get another. I understand why some people get like a million. It's fun.

'
I have nine. Trying to decide on a tenth one... Then maybe I'll stop lol.


I have 3 but they're small and medium sized so I'm thinking I'll get a bigger one and then I'll stop.
(Yeah right)

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4479
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby brinicolec » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:02 pm

The_Pluviophile wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
I have nine. Trying to decide on a tenth one... Then maybe I'll stop lol.


Gotta get to that nice even number :wink:


But then I think if I'm gonna do ten, might as well make it a dozen

User avatar
guynourmin

Gold
Posts: 3434
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:42 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby guynourmin » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:24 pm

brinicolec wrote:
The_Pluviophile wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
I have nine. Trying to decide on a tenth one... Then maybe I'll stop lol.


Gotta get to that nice even number :wink:


But then I think if I'm gonna do ten, might as well make it a dozen


I think you just have to keep going til its just one big one, right? That's my plan! lol



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests