TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

83%
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

forum_user

Silver

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby forum_user » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:00 pm

Kopetz wrote:Got a rejection from Cornell 4 days after submitting my app. Is that unusually fast?

Guess they couldn't bear to keep you waiting

I wouldn't worry about it, plenty of fish in the stream!

Kopetz

Bronze

Postby Kopetz » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:43 pm

forum_user wrote:
Kopetz wrote:Got a rejection from Cornell 4 days after submitting my app. Is that unusually fast?

Heh, thanks. My concern is that it might indicate a fatal flaw in my application. It really gives me pawse to think about it :|

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:48 pm

---
Last edited by SybillAnnDorsett on Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kopetz

Bronze

Postby Kopetz » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:51 pm

mm2368 wrote:
forum_user wrote:

I know this sucks and you may be upset but if I'm honest... think I'd rather be you at this moment because the wait alone is killing me. If schools aren't going to accept me I wish they'd know that right away and communicate it immediately.

I'd comb through the PDF version of your app if you saved it or just log into LSAC and check. If you have an error and used the same docs for other schools you have a chance to correct before they render decisions.

Thanks, this is good advice and I'll do that this evening. You're right that it's nice to hear back quickly, especially given that Cornell's job outcomes aren't as lined up with my goals as other schools'. What I'm wondering is what enabled them to make that call so quickly.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:53 pm

forum_user wrote:

ring bear

Hennessy

Gold

Postby Hennessy » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:08 pm

could anyone else help review my PS? I just need someone to look for grammar/spelling errors.

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:10 pm

---
Last edited by SybillAnnDorsett on Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Keilz

Gold

Postby Keilz » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:21 pm

mm2368 wrote:
Kopetz wrote: Thanks, this is good advice and I'll do that this evening. You're right that it's nice to hear back quickly, especially given that Cornell's job outcomes aren't as lined up with my goals as other schools'. What I'm wondering is what enabled them to make that call so quickly.

Honestly, I'm wondering the same thing. I'm sure I'll get eaten alive for suggesting this but what could be the harm (now that you've already been rejected) in asking? I'd want to know, after reading through and making sure you yourself don't find anything wrong, what was the tipping point for them and why it was so easy for them to deny you. I'm not sure what Cornell has as its typical timeline for turnaround but I'd guess "4 days" is a tremendous outlier/anomaly. But that's only if you really care to know their reasoning... my final piece of advice, focus on the other schools. Forget Cornell :D

Yeah honestly I was thinking call them as well, just be super polite and generally concerned without sounding neurotic. 4 days is super fast...

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:23 pm

Keilz wrote:
mm2368 wrote:
Kopetz wrote: Thanks, this is good advice and I'll do that this evening. You're right that it's nice to hear back quickly, especially given that Cornell's job outcomes aren't as lined up with my goals as other schools'. What I'm wondering is what enabled them to make that call so quickly.

Honestly, I'm wondering the same thing. I'm sure I'll get eaten alive for suggesting this but what could be the harm (now that you've already been rejected) in asking? I'd want to know, after reading through and making sure you yourself don't find anything wrong, what was the tipping point for them and why it was so easy for them to deny you. I'm not sure what Cornell has as its typical timeline for turnaround but I'd guess "4 days" is a tremendous outlier/anomaly. But that's only if you really care to know their reasoning... my final piece of advice, focus on the other schools. Forget Cornell :D

Yeah honestly I was thinking call them as well, just be super polite and generally concerned without sounding neurotic. 4 days is super fast...

+1 on contacting them

poptart123

Silver

Postby poptart123 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:26 pm

proteinshake wrote:
Keilz wrote:
mm2368 wrote:

+1 on contacting them

Yeah, I don't see anything to lose here.

The_Pluviophile

Bronze

Postby The_Pluviophile » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:49 pm

I haven't posted on this thread in ages but I just wanted to say that I got a tattoo today as (probably) my last "I do whatever the hell I want" decision before I go to law school and become 'the man'. Anyone else made/plan on making any bad decisions before they descend into the den of the beasts this coming fall?

R. Jeeves

Gold

Postby R. Jeeves » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:50 pm

The_Pluviophile wrote:I haven't posted on this thread in ages but I just wanted to say that I got a tattoo today as (probably) my last "I do whatever the hell I want" decision before I go to law school and become 'the man'. Anyone else made/plan on making any bad decisions before they descend into the den of the beasts this coming fall?

wwop

The_Pluviophile

Bronze

Postby The_Pluviophile » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:09 pm

R. Jeeves wrote:
The_Pluviophile wrote:I haven't posted on this thread in ages but I just wanted to say that I got a tattoo today as (probably) my last "I do whatever the hell I want" decision before I go to law school and become 'the man'. Anyone else made/plan on making any bad decisions before they descend into the den of the beasts this coming fall?

wwop

:lol: To fresh for pics, gotta at least wash it up first. Will post later.

pretzeltime

Gold

Postby pretzeltime » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:14 pm

My friend wanted to stick it to the man before law school so she got her hip pierced. It subsequently got infected. Not recommended.

But I am always in favor of tats that can be covered by business attire!

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:17 pm

pretzeltime wrote:My friend wanted to stick it to the man before law school so she got her hip pierced. It subsequently got infected. Not recommended.

But I am always in favor of tats that can be covered by business attire!

Yeah, hip piercings probably don't get a solid chance to heal because of all the things they rub against.

ashrice13

Gold

Postby ashrice13 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:37 pm

There's a tattoo on my upper arm/shoulder area I've been wanting for awhile. Can't decide is pre-law school is the best time due to the reasons mentioned above or the worst time due to needing money because I'm about to be really poor for 3 years

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:40 pm

ashrice13 wrote:There's a tattoo on my upper arm/shoulder area I've been wanting for awhile. Can't decide is pre-law school is the best time due to the reasons mentioned above or the worst time due to needing money because I'm about to be really poor for 3 years

I think getting tattoos is a good stress-reliever, personally.

But I could see the "save money" argument too.

The_Pluviophile

Bronze

Postby The_Pluviophile » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:42 pm

ashrice13 wrote:There's a tattoo on my upper arm/shoulder area I've been wanting for awhile. Can't decide is pre-law school is the best time due to the reasons mentioned above or the worst time due to needing money because I'm about to be really poor for 3 years

Valid concern. I'm already broke from traveling, so I thought I might as well go all in.

amberb94

Bronze

Postby amberb94 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:47 pm

brinicolec wrote:

I have one on my foot and I really want to get another. I understand why some people get like a million. It's fun.

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:21 pm

amberb94 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:

I have one on my foot and I really want to get another. I understand why some people get like a million. It's fun.

'
I have nine. Trying to decide on a tenth one... Then maybe I'll stop lol.

Assasindowntheavenue

Silver

Postby Assasindowntheavenue » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:33 pm

brinicolec wrote:
amberb94 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:

'

I wish I had nine but they're so expensive lol.

The_Pluviophile

Bronze

Postby The_Pluviophile » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:36 pm

brinicolec wrote:

Gotta get to that nice even number :wink:

ashrice13

Gold

Postby ashrice13 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:40 pm

brinicolec wrote:
amberb94 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:

'

I have 3 but they're small and medium sized so I'm thinking I'll get a bigger one and then I'll stop.
(Yeah right)

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:02 pm

The_Pluviophile wrote:
brinicolec wrote:

But then I think if I'm gonna do ten, might as well make it a dozen

guynourmin

Gold

Postby guynourmin » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:24 pm

brinicolec wrote:
The_Pluviophile wrote:
brinicolec wrote:

But then I think if I'm gonna do ten, might as well make it a dozen

I think you just have to keep going til its just one big one, right? That's my plan! lol

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?