TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

83%
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:38 pm

Keilz wrote:
Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
Keilz wrote:I just have UVA and Michigan left to apply. Feel bad Its gonna be after thanksgiving after I was ready in September, but I've been writing a lot of essays. If I'm at medians do you think the timing will affect anything? I know Berkeley is really gung ho about early apps but wasn't sure about UVA and Michigan

I'm actually on the same exact boat as you with UVA. I think if you're at median, you'll be fine submitting in the next few weeks.

How early is early for Berkeley, do you think? Submitted first day of November and am worried that Berkeley might consider it late (although it would be an early app at any other school) :(

I have no idea, but they haven't accept anyone yet so I think it's fine...I just did Berkeley yesterday because of their extra essays lol

Oh they haven't accepted anyone yet?

Ahh yeah those essays and the 4 page PS limit took me a while. Good luck!

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:17 pm

addie1412 wrote:One lone in-progress application left on my LSAC page: Northwestern. It's all finished I just can't decide whether to ED. Thought I'd have a better idea of what I wanted to do by now but still as torn as ever

N'western is also one of my last in-progress. Trying to decide if I need to change my diversity statement to better fit their optional essay prompt.

The rest are schools in Cali lol.

guynourmin

Gold

Postby guynourmin » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:32 pm

addie1412 wrote:One lone in-progress application left on my LSAC page: Northwestern. It's all finished I just can't decide whether to ED. Thought I'd have a better idea of what I wanted to do by now but still as torn as ever

Have you already interviewed?

addie1412

Silver

Postby addie1412 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:41 pm

guybourdin wrote:

Have you already interviewed?

Yep! Interviewed on the 14th in case I decided I wanted to ED

Monday

Silver

Postby Monday » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:12 pm

Last edited by Monday on Wed May 10, 2017 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bob loblaw law blog

Bronze

Postby Bob loblaw law blog » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:49 pm

joeytribbiani wrote:Concerned: why did more people not choose rope in the poll.........

I don't have many survival skills, but I'm decent with a handgun... Going for resource capturing approach.

Bob loblaw law blog

Bronze

Postby Bob loblaw law blog » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:58 pm

Monday wrote:Ugh. I am envious of those of you who have already submitted your applications. I was supposed to finish my personal statement this holiday break but I am already drunk so as to avoid politics-driven family drama and there are more alcohol than I expected. I guess I'm pushing this thing back to December...

Use it as an excuse to avoid having to be involved in family issues/ arguments, that's what I do. As a bonus, a ton of stress is relieved by pressing send on that first app

Cbear2017

New

Postby Cbear2017 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:32 am

Hey guys, randomish question. I have a major that doesn't exist in the drop down....for most schools would I just select the "Natural Sciences-Other" option for Major, and then write it in under "Other Major"? I wasn't sure if Other Major was for a double major....

THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP this is literally the last thing I have.

Keilz

Gold

Postby Keilz » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:59 pm

i'm so insane that on one of my school's applications, one of my addendums' header is different than my other documents because its all on one line instead of multiple, and my Why X school essay is 11pt font instead of 12 due to formatting, but my statement is pt12..and these discrepancies are driving me insane.

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:09 am

Decided a good way to occupy my time/stop looking at status checkers is to start a list of law-related movies and watch them. So far I have: The Paper Chase; My Cousin Vinny (I know, I can't believe I haven't watched the whole thing yet either); A Few Good Men; Michael Clayton; Anatomy of a Murderer; The Rainmaker; Inherit the Wind; Judgment at Nuremberg; and Amistad. I just watched Compulsion ('59, I think?). Any recommendations to add?

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:11 am

Keilz wrote:i'm so insane that on one of my school's applications, one of my addendums' header is different than my other documents because its all on one line instead of multiple, and my Why X school essay is 11pt font instead of 12 due to formatting, but my statement is pt12..and these discrepancies are driving me insane.

Don't worry. I noticed that on my resume for one of my locations I put my school instead of where my school was located and I'm still annoyed by it.

ashrice13

Gold

Postby ashrice13 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:41 am

brinicolec wrote:Decided a good way to occupy my time/stop looking at status checkers is to start a list of law-related movies and watch them. So far I have: The Paper Chase; My Cousin Vinny (I know, I can't believe I haven't watched the whole thing yet either); A Few Good Men; Michael Clayton; Anatomy of a Murderer; The Rainmaker; Inherit the Wind; Judgment at Nuremberg; and Amistad. I just watched Compulsion ('59, I think?). Any recommendations to add?

I would check this out: http://www.abajournal.com/magazine/arti ... al_movies/

Keilz

Gold

Postby Keilz » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:10 am

Well, it's 3AM, but I finally finished submitting my applications!! Took over two months since completing my personal statement to write all of the additional essays. I wrote an additional essay for seven schools.

I am hoping that I didn't get too cavalier towards the end with submitting the actual applications. I didn't imagine I would end this whole process at 3AM.

airwrecka

Silver

Postby airwrecka » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:20 am

Anyone get an e-mail from Penn State a while back offering free coffee? Well, I'm not one to turn down free coffee, so even though I have ZERO desire to go to Penn State, I filled out their form. Lo and behold, about 4 weeks later (yesterday), I got a huge package in the mail from them. Threw everything away recycled everything except the gift card to Starbucks :D :lol:

Keilz

Gold

Postby Keilz » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:22 am

airwrecka wrote:Anyone get an e-mail from Penn State a while back offering free coffee? Well, I'm not one to turn down free coffee, so even though I have ZERO desire to go to Penn State, I filled out their form. Lo and behold, about 4 weeks later (yesterday), I got a huge package in the mail from them. Threw everything away recycled everything except the gift card to Starbucks :D :lol:

wait how much was teh GC??

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:32 am

---
Last edited by SybillAnnDorsett on Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

airwrecka

Silver

Postby airwrecka » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:55 am

Keilz wrote:
airwrecka wrote:Anyone get an e-mail from Penn State a while back offering free coffee? Well, I'm not one to turn down free coffee, so even though I have ZERO desire to go to Penn State, I filled out their form. Lo and behold, about 4 weeks later (yesterday), I got a huge package in the mail from them. Threw everything away recycled everything except the gift card to Starbucks :D :lol:

Not sure cause I haven't tried to use it yet. I'm assuming it's at least $5 though, which is enough for one fancy drinks or two plain coffees!

haley12

Silver

Postby haley12 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:23 pm

What should I wear to my alumni interview? I have a skype interview with WashU Friday and an in-person with Vanderbilt next month. Both schools I'm really interested in! I'm female so a button down and khakis isn't going to work haha (that's what I see a lot on here).

Keilz

Gold

Postby Keilz » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:36 pm

haley12 wrote:What should I wear to my alumni interview? I have a skype interview with WashU Friday and an in-person with Vanderbilt next month. Both schools I'm really interested in! I'm female so a button down and khakis isn't going to work haha (that's what I see a lot on here).

For northwestern alumni interview I wore a full suit. It was st the guys office and he was a VP. Even tho it was a Friday and at a tech company I don't feel like I stood out. For my Cornell video recorded one I wore my blazer with a sheath dress

Dodocogon

Silver

Postby Dodocogon » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:32 pm

airwrecka wrote:
Keilz wrote:

Not sure cause I haven't tried to use it yet. I'm assuming it's at least $5 though, which is enough for one fancy drinks or two plain coffees!

10 bucks - offer actually just got posted again! http://dickinsonlaw.gr8.com/

guynourmin

Gold

Postby guynourmin » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:35 pm

haley12 wrote:What should I wear to my alumni interview? I have a skype interview with WashU Friday and an in-person with Vanderbilt next month. Both schools I'm really interested in! I'm female so a button down and khakis isn't going to work haha (that's what I see a lot on here).

Do people say button down/khakis for interviews? For tours and such, yes, but idk about interviews. fwiw, I'm going full suit to my vandy alumni interview next week. I have also worn a full suit for all my skype interviews.

ashrice13

Gold

Postby ashrice13 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:44 pm

Dodocogon wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
Keilz wrote:

10 bucks - offer actually just got posted again! http://dickinsonlaw.gr8.com/

Just got an ICYMI email with the offer. Well Penn, I did miss it because I usually just delete your emails. They're definitely speaking my language with free coffee though. schools should offer coffee stipends in addition to scholarships.

airwrecka

Silver

Postby airwrecka » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:26 pm

dodocogon wrote:

awesome! that's great to know! :D

ashrice13 wrote:

haha I know right?!

R. Jeeves

Gold

Postby R. Jeeves » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:28 pm

guybourdin wrote:

Do people say button down/khakis for interviews? For tours and such, yes, but idk about interviews. fwiw, I'm going full suit to my vandy alumni interview next week. I have also worn a full suit for all my skype interviews.

yeah ive done a suit for all my skype interviews too

R. Jeeves

Gold

Postby R. Jeeves » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:28 pm

also new poll up

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?