TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

83%
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

warmcherrysoda

New

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby warmcherrysoda » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:02 am

Last edited by warmcherrysoda on Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

zeglo

Silver

Postby zeglo » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:19 am

Last edited by zeglo on Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gitaroo_Dude

Silver

Postby Gitaroo_Dude » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:52 am

Uggghhhhhh, just realized that I put the wrong amount of months on two apps for full time work experience (I was short by 11 months :oops: ). Do I need to e-mail the schools, or can I somehow edit that mistake at this point? The two apps were submitted about 21 hours ago.

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:53 am

zeglo wrote:I am nervous of all the uncertainty. Even after acceptances, I know nothing since scholarship isn't yet out.

I really want to go to NYU, for example, but I am guessing other schools will give much more money. :( It's a good problem but extremely uncertain.

Don't worry yourself too much. Also, if you get better offers from comparable schools, you can use them as leverage for scholarship negotiating with NYU.

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:54 am

Gitaroo_Dude wrote:Uggghhhhhh, just realized that I put the wrong amount of months on two apps for full time work experience (I was short by 11 months :oops: ). Do I need to e-mail the schools, or can I somehow edit that mistake at this point? The two apps were submitted about 21 hours ago.

You have to email them for any app edits after submission.

Gitaroo_Dude

Silver

Postby Gitaroo_Dude » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:35 am

brinicolec wrote:
Gitaroo_Dude wrote:Uggghhhhhh, just realized that I put the wrong amount of months on two apps for full time work experience (I was short by 11 months :oops: ). Do I need to e-mail the schools, or can I somehow edit that mistake at this point? The two apps were submitted about 21 hours ago.

You have to email them for any app edits after submission.

Thanks. I'm going to go gnash my teeth in the corner for a bit.

Leliana

Bronze

Postby Leliana » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:31 pm

Long time lurker here, finally got the first batch of my applications sent out and made an account so I can check in on threads. Not a bad feeling :D

Baby Gaga

Bronze

Postby Baby Gaga » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:35 pm

Leliana wrote:Long time lurker here, finally got the first batch of my applications sent out and made an account so I can check in on threads. Not a bad feeling :D

Doesn't it feel good to press send and not have to think about that damn PS again!

Gitaroo_Dude

Silver

Postby Gitaroo_Dude » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:23 pm

For the apps that ask if you attended any recruiting events, do you think a personal visit to a school would fall under "campus event"? Or would the personal visit not count as an event?

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:26 pm

Gitaroo_Dude wrote:For the apps that ask if you attended any recruiting events, do you think a personal visit to a school would fall under "campus event"? Or would the personal visit not count as an event?

Isn't there an option to say you visited the campus?

Torres1893

Bronze

Postby Torres1893 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:24 pm

Hey everyone! What are you all doing during this waiting period?

I really need to catch up on my backlog of video games and netflix, but I can't shake this feeling that I need to do something for my applications that I'm forgetting, so I just sit here and browse TLS and reddit.

zeglo

Silver

Postby zeglo » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:28 pm

Last edited by zeglo on Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Torres1893

Bronze

Postby Torres1893 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:49 pm

zeglo wrote:
Torres1893 wrote:Hey everyone! What are you all doing during this waiting period?

I really need to catch up on my backlog of video games and netflix, but I can't shake this feeling that I need to do something for my applications that I'm forgetting, so I just sit here and browse TLS and reddit.

Playing video games and watching Netflix :) Oh also I have a full-time office job that requires a lot of my time.

As far as apps, I am doing nothing but checking them every so often and doing interviews as needed. Very chill. No real action until January with financial/scholarship info.

I guess since my mind has been so focused on the LSAT and apps for the past half year that I just cant stop thinking about it :lol:

amberb94

Bronze

Postby amberb94 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:43 pm

Torres1893 wrote:Hey everyone! What are you all doing during this waiting period?

Video games are literally the only thing that can distract me from thinking about law school stuff.
I have played so much Pokémon in the last 3 days that I'm ashamed.

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:59 pm

amberb94 wrote:

Video games are literally the only thing that can distract me from thinking about law school stuff.
I have played so much Pokémon in the last 3 days that I'm ashamed.

my life is mostly working out and Xbox. I have a part-time job rn but it doesn't occupy much of my time. though I also have a ton of stuff I want to read before 1L starts.

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:34 am

I just started the Starz series Power. Also cleaned today to pass some time so I wouldn't feel the need to check status checkers lol

Bob loblaw law blog

Bronze

Postby Bob loblaw law blog » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:56 am

I'm mostly focused on finishing senior year strong to get those extra few Latin words on my diploma (I never realized how much the addition of "magna" meant to my parents and since they paid for a sizable portion of undergrad I think it's worth rewarding them). Currently I'm slogging my way through a paper on the history of inflation in the Brazilian economy. I promise you it's even less interesting than it sounds. And I'm the type that typically likes econ.

When I actually have free time I typically hang out with my girlfriend, go to bars with old friends I need to catch up with in case I'm not back here for 3 years or longer, watch Washington pro sports teams, and read/write. Try to do a 4 mile run every morning but it's starting to get pretty damn cold here in Appalachia.

ashrice13

Gold

Postby ashrice13 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:38 am

I work full time and my employer/co-workers don't know about law school so being there limits my obsessive status checker/email refreshing.

I drink on the weekends. It helps. Knowing I won't get an acceptance on the weekends helps too.

There are tons of books I want to read before 3 years of not getting to read for fun, but I can't seem to focus on that at all right now.

addie1412

Silver

Postby addie1412 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:39 pm

One lone in-progress application left on my LSAC page: Northwestern. It's all finished I just can't decide whether to ED. Thought I'd have a better idea of what I wanted to do by now but still as torn as ever

joeytribbiani

Bronze

Postby joeytribbiani » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:10 pm

Concerned: why did more people not choose rope in the poll.........

guynourmin

Gold

Postby guynourmin » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:31 pm

joeytribbiani wrote:Concerned: why did more people not choose rope in the poll.........

I want to know why more people didn't pick first aid.

forum_user

Silver

Postby forum_user » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:34 pm

guybourdin wrote:
joeytribbiani wrote:Concerned: why did more people not choose rope in the poll.........

I want to know why more people didn't pick first aid.

1. Gun
2. Knife
3. Axe

Ready to fuck some shit up. Gonna loot the rope and first aid from all you non-strapped suckers.

Keilz

Gold

Postby Keilz » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:25 pm

I just have UVA and Michigan left to apply. Feel bad Its gonna be after thanksgiving after I was ready in September, but I've been writing a lot of essays. If I'm at medians do you think the timing will affect anything? I know Berkeley is really gung ho about early apps but wasn't sure about UVA and Michigan

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:29 pm

Keilz wrote:I just have UVA and Michigan left to apply. Feel bad Its gonna be after thanksgiving after I was ready in September, but I've been writing a lot of essays. If I'm at medians do you think the timing will affect anything? I know Berkeley is really gung ho about early apps but wasn't sure about UVA and Michigan

I'm actually on the same exact boat as you with UVA. I think if you're at median, you'll be fine submitting in the next few weeks.

How early is early for Berkeley, do you think? Submitted first day of November and am worried that Berkeley might consider it late (although it would be an early app at any other school) :(

Keilz

Gold

Postby Keilz » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:33 pm

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
Keilz wrote:I just have UVA and Michigan left to apply. Feel bad Its gonna be after thanksgiving after I was ready in September, but I've been writing a lot of essays. If I'm at medians do you think the timing will affect anything? I know Berkeley is really gung ho about early apps but wasn't sure about UVA and Michigan

I'm actually on the same exact boat as you with UVA. I think if you're at median, you'll be fine submitting in the next few weeks.

How early is early for Berkeley, do you think? Submitted first day of November and am worried that Berkeley might consider it late (although it would be an early app at any other school) :(

I have no idea, but they haven't accept anyone yet so I think it's fine...I just did Berkeley yesterday because of their extra essays lol

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?