TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

83%
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

tskela

Bronze

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (welcome September waiTTTers)

Postby tskela » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:09 pm

checking in!! lets get er done

joeytribbiani

Bronze

Postby joeytribbiani » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:00 pm

Checking in now that September scores are out!

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:07 am

what's the difference between the automatic and normal searches on MyLSN?

guynourmin

Gold

Postby guynourmin » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:15 am

proteinshake wrote:what's the difference between the automatic and normal searches on MyLSN?

Normal is a range, auto is exact scores, right? Doesn't auto give you 1 input box per, whereas normal gives you 2?

haley12

Silver

Postby haley12 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:37 am

If you solicit a fee waiver and they say no, will they hold it against you? Is it common for them to say no?

RamTitan

Silver

Postby RamTitan » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:38 am

guybourdin wrote:
proteinshake wrote:what's the difference between the automatic and normal searches on MyLSN?

Normal is a range, auto is exact scores, right? Doesn't auto give you 1 input box per, whereas normal gives you 2?

No, it means it finds people "around" your similar stats. If you click the arrows on the far right of the results it shows the users and their stats.

Gold

Postby 20170322 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:47 am

Do y'all know when CRS updates with our scores? Trying to nab me some fee waivers.

Gold

Postby 20170322 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:48 am

haley12 wrote:If you solicit a fee waiver and they say no, will they hold it against you? Is it common for them to say no?

If so, I'm fucked. Most schools I emailed were like "Wait until CRS gives you one"

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:49 am

SweetTort wrote:
haley12 wrote:If you solicit a fee waiver and they say no, will they hold it against you? Is it common for them to say no?

If so, I'm fucked. Most schools I emailed were like "Wait until CRS gives you one"

That happens to a lot of people, in which they just tell them to wait for CRS. I think if they see your numbers, and they tell you to wait for CRS, then they're probs saying that because they know with your #'s you will get one.

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:19 am

RamTitan wrote:
guybourdin wrote:

No, it means it finds people "around" your similar stats. If you click the arrows on the far right of the results it shows the users and their stats.

"Regarding the automatic search, an explanation that is somewhat more detailed than you might be looking for... it expands the search criteria until it gets a sample size of around 8-10 people or until the search criteria become too broad. (This is part of the reason it's not recommended for URM's: the sample sizes are so small that it just gets too broad, and useless. You need a human touch to find good ranges to put in when the sample sizes are low.) It prioritizes a narrow LSAT range over a narrow GPA range. It also starts by prioritizing a narrow GPA range over a narrow cycle range, but after going back to 2013 or something it starts to expand GPA more than cycles. Altogether, though, it alternates between expanding LSAT, GPA, and cycles. You can see the range it applies to each school by hovering over the info icon on the right hand side of the row." - MyLSN creator

RamTitan

Silver

Postby RamTitan » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:28 am

proteinshake wrote:
RamTitan wrote:
guybourdin wrote:

"Regarding the automatic search, an explanation that is somewhat more detailed than you might be looking for... it expands the search criteria until it gets a sample size of around 8-10 people or until the search criteria become too broad. (This is part of the reason it's not recommended for URM's: the sample sizes are so small that it just gets too broad, and useless. You need a human touch to find good ranges to put in when the sample sizes are low.) It prioritizes a narrow LSAT range over a narrow GPA range. It also starts by prioritizing a narrow GPA range over a narrow cycle range, but after going back to 2013 or something it starts to expand GPA more than cycles. Altogether, though, it alternates between expanding LSAT, GPA, and cycles. You can see the range it applies to each school by hovering over the info icon on the right hand side of the row." - MyLSN creator

That's a more lengthy way of what I said. It's not exact, it's around your stats.

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:39 am

RamTitan wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
RamTitan wrote:
guybourdin wrote:

That's a more lengthy way of what I said. It's not exact, it's around your stats.

It could still be only people with your stats if there's a large enough sample of them (10ish people).

RamTitan

Silver

Postby RamTitan » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:54 am

proteinshake wrote:
RamTitan wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
RamTitan wrote:
guybourdin wrote:

It could still be only people with your stats if there's a large enough sample of them (10ish people).

Haha that's true

amberb94

Bronze

Postby amberb94 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:35 pm

SweetTort wrote:Do y'all know when CRS updates with our scores? Trying to nab me some fee waivers.

same

Gold

Postby 20170322 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:02 pm

Will schools consider my app if I'm registered to take in December? Currently trying to cancel it, but I don't want it to slow down my app process.

Hennessy

Gold

Postby Hennessy » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:15 pm

I turned down CRS when I submitted my CAS just now, and then realized it might be beneficial. Now I can't find it on LSAC page - did I screw myself by not signing up for CRS with CAS?

Edit: Nvm figured it out

alpha kenny body

Gold

Postby alpha kenny body » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:26 pm

SweetTort wrote:Will schools consider my app if I'm registered to take in December? Currently trying to cancel it, but I don't want it to slow down my app process.

They place them on hold until your score is sent. It's a two-way street, in that they'll see that you submitted previously, yet they've made decisions already by the time you go complete.

Gold

Postby 20170322 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:34 pm

fips tedora wrote:
SweetTort wrote:Will schools consider my app if I'm registered to take in December? Currently trying to cancel it, but I don't want it to slow down my app process.

They place them on hold until your score is sent. It's a two-way street, in that they'll see that you submitted previously, yet they've made decisions already by the time you go complete.

How can I quickly cancel my registration? I don't care about the refund, I just want to cancel it.

ashrice13

Gold

Postby ashrice13 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:35 pm

HennessyVSOP wrote:I turned down CRS when I submitted my CAS just now, and then realized it might be beneficial. Now I can't find it on LSAC page - did I screw myself by not signing up for CRS with CAS?

Edit: Nvm figured it out

Totally did the same thing at first! Didn't realize CAS was tied into fee waivers. I Just didn't want emails from shit TTT schools.

alpha kenny body

Gold

Postby alpha kenny body » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:36 pm

SweetTort wrote:
fips tedora wrote:

How can I quickly cancel my registration? I don't care about the refund, I just want to cancel it.

I'm fairly certain that if you call LSAC and cancel, then have them update the change, it should only be today. You could also e-mail each of the schools and tell them that you've cancelled, and that they can go ahead with completing your app.

Gold

Postby 20170322 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:43 pm

fips tedora wrote:
SweetTort wrote:
fips tedora wrote:

I'm fairly certain that if you call LSAC and cancel, then have them update the change, it should only be today. You could also e-mail each of the schools and tell them that you've cancelled, and that they can go ahead with completing your app.

Thanks fam!

Hennessy

Gold

Postby Hennessy » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:43 pm

The level of neuroticism in all of our lives has never been higher.

alpha kenny body

Gold

Postby alpha kenny body » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:54 pm

HennessyVSOP wrote:The level of neuroticism in all of our lives has never been higher.

that's why ya'll need to get on dat granddaddy purp, namsayin'?

Hennessy

Gold

Postby Hennessy » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:57 pm

fips tedora wrote:
HennessyVSOP wrote:The level of neuroticism in all of our lives has never been higher.

that's why ya'll need to get on dat granddaddy purp, namsayin'?

i don't think your consideration of the term purple in the poll reflects my consideration of the term purple

R. Jeeves

Gold

Postby R. Jeeves » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:03 pm

Last edited by R. Jeeves on Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?