TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

83%
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

pretzeltime

Gold

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (welcome September waiTTTers)

Postby pretzeltime » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:38 am

Mikey wrote:Anyone who has already submitted their transcripts, took a pass/fail class for credit, and has gotten their LSAC GPA already want to let me know how that turned out? I'm thinking of making one of my courses this semester a P/F but my school warned me that some grad programs count a Pass from a P/F as a D. I think LSAC just doesn't count it unless it's an F, correct?

That's correct. A P doesn't count for anything in their GPA calculations.

Shout out to taking all of my required science courses as P/NP :D :D :D

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:40 am

pretzeltime wrote:
Mikey wrote:Anyone who has already submitted their transcripts, took a pass/fail class for credit, and has gotten their LSAC GPA already want to let me know how that turned out? I'm thinking of making one of my courses this semester a P/F but my school warned me that some grad programs count a Pass from a P/F as a D. I think LSAC just doesn't count it unless it's an F, correct?

Thanks, Pretzel! I'm taking a course now that i think i bombed my first exam for and the P/NC deadline is soon.. Although LSAC's rules on not counting P towards your GPA is clear, my school telling me "most grad schools consider a P a D" still worries the shit out of me

pretzeltime

Gold

Postby pretzeltime » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:41 am

Mikey wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:

Thanks, Pretzel! I'm taking a course now that i think i bombed my first exam for and the P/NC deadline is soon.. Although LSAC's rules on not counting P towards your GPA is clear, my school telling me "most grad schools consider a P a D" still worries the shit out of me

Yeah what your school says seems irrelevant.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:44 am

pretzeltime wrote:
Mikey wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:

Yeah what your school says seems irrelevant.

Yeah, that's what i'm thinking. I think that only applies to like, a masters program where you send transcripts directly to the school, and not how LSAC does things :mrgreen:

also, the class i'm planning on doing P/F is a science class :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

ashrice13

Gold

Postby ashrice13 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:32 pm

Baby Gaga wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:Well, just had to send ANOTHER email to my 2nd LOR writer. I don't even care about being pushy at this point....I emailed him originally in May. I didn't hear back from him until Sept 19th (after sending follow ups) and he said it will be submitted soon. Here are are....almost a month later and still no letter. I want to apply next week because I have scholarship deadlines in November.

It's just annoying...why agree to write a letter if you can't do it?

/rant

I've got the same problem. I asked in June just so that I wouldn't have this problem and I had to send 2 polite reminders. Each time he said it would be done that week. I'm still waiting. We're talking about basic home training at this point.

/rant

I just don't know how you can casually owe someone something as important and a LOR. I requested over the summer for the same reason...I figured it was easier for them to work on before the school year started. After two follow up emails he finally responded to me in September and blamed it on the start of the school year being busy.

...I know...that's why I gave you two full months before the school year started to work on it...

Ugh. I know I am just bitching but it's frustrating/scary because I have zero control over it getting done.

poptart123

Silver

Postby poptart123 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:34 pm

poptart123 wrote:I like this poll and how it makes fun of the names people give candidates online. It really bothers me when people say things like, Odumbo, Killary or Libtard, because they really just aren't that clever. I feel like the people who say these things really think they are clever too, which is where my annoyance comes from. #rant

Thought I would update y'all. After RBG's stance on Kap I saw somebody refer to her as "Ruth Bader Dimbird." #continuedrant

ashrice13

Gold

Postby ashrice13 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:40 pm

poptart123 wrote:
poptart123 wrote:I like this poll and how it makes fun of the names people give candidates online. It really bothers me when people say things like, Odumbo, Killary or Libtard, because they really just aren't that clever. I feel like the people who say these things really think they are clever too, which is where my annoyance comes from. #rant

Thought I would update y'all. After RBG's stance on Kap I saw somebody refer to her as "Ruth Bader Dimbird." #continuedrant

Well...I don't like this one bit

vcap180

Bronze

Postby vcap180 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:19 pm

ashrice13 wrote:
Baby Gaga wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:Well, just had to send ANOTHER email to my 2nd LOR writer. I don't even care about being pushy at this point....I emailed him originally in May. I didn't hear back from him until Sept 19th (after sending follow ups) and he said it will be submitted soon. Here are are....almost a month later and still no letter. I want to apply next week because I have scholarship deadlines in November.

It's just annoying...why agree to write a letter if you can't do it?

/rant

I've got the same problem. I asked in June just so that I wouldn't have this problem and I had to send 2 polite reminders. Each time he said it would be done that week. I'm still waiting. We're talking about basic home training at this point.

/rant

I just don't know how you can casually owe someone something as important and a LOR. I requested over the summer for the same reason...I figured it was easier for them to work on before the school year started. After two follow up emails he finally responded to me in September and blamed it on the start of the school year being busy.

...I know...that's why I gave you two full months before the school year started to work on it...

Ugh. I know I am just bitching but it's frustrating/scary because I have zero control over it getting done.

This is ridiculous.
If they are going to be inconsiderate, it would be better for everyone if they just declined to write it!

PrezRand

Gold

Postby PrezRand » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:03 am

I noticed that people were able to send in their applications during the first week they came out. How were you guys able to find out what essays you had to write for each school? Did you guys just open applications for the law schools during another cycle and did not actually apply?

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:47 am

PrezRand wrote:I noticed that people were able to send in their applications during the first week they came out. How were you guys able to find out what essays you had to write for each school? Did you guys just open applications for the law schools during another cycle and did not actually apply?

Generally speaking, the app doesn't change much so you can write your essays without knowing the prompt specifically then tailor it if necessary.

Hennessy

Gold

Postby Hennessy » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:13 am

So one of my two LOR's has not yet submitted - we've talked via e-mail, she said she was waiting for the LSAC email, but it's been a week and a half now since I sent it.

Also my school sent out my transcript, but LSAC hasn't processed it yet.

Starting to get antsy.

Hennessy

Gold

Postby Hennessy » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:17 am

Btw this poll is fantastic, actually lold at "whats a leppo"

pretzeltime

Gold

Postby pretzeltime » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:30 am

HennessyVSOP wrote:So one of my two LOR's has not yet submitted - we've talked via e-mail, she said she was waiting for the LSAC email, but it's been a week and a half now since I sent it.

Starting to get antsy.

You can send another email through LSAC to her right? You've waited a while, you could do that. Give her a healthy nudge

Or hit her up and blame it on the LSAC email and ask if she received it

Hi Henny

Hennessy

Gold

Postby Hennessy » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:52 am

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
SweetTort wrote:Checking in!!!

Hello
Pls post Asl and a fun fact about dinosaurs

Crab / Genderqueer

The Michael Crichton Jurassic Park series actually took the form of Deinonychus to create the Velociraptor creature; they felt like the name was more dramatic. In reality, velociraptor may have only been 3-4ft. long. Most of the theropods known as "raptors" (Dromaeosauridae) were actually covered in feathers, unlike common movie depictions. Some of them, like Utahraptor, could get up to 20ft. long (as probably larger.)

(btw I hate the direction the newest films are going in, where bigger dinosaurs = scarier. None of the films were more frightening that Film 1 Velociraptors.)
Last edited by Hennessy on Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PrezRand

Gold

Postby PrezRand » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:27 am

brinicolec wrote:
PrezRand wrote:I noticed that people were able to send in their applications during the first week they came out. How were you guys able to find out what essays you had to write for each school? Did you guys just open applications for the law schools during another cycle and did not actually apply?

Generally speaking, the app doesn't change much so you can write your essays without knowing the prompt specifically then tailor it if necessary.

Is there like a list somewhere of the essays?

pretzeltime

Gold

Postby pretzeltime » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:36 am

PrezRand wrote:
brinicolec wrote:

IDK if there is a list, but you can read up on the various TLS forums and get a sense of things. Does it matter? Now you can just look at the apps on the LSAC website. There really aren't that many unique prompts out there anyway; typically just generic personal statement plus optional "why X school" in some circumstances.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:55 am

HennessyVSOP wrote:So one of my two LOR's has not yet submitted - we've talked via e-mail, she said she was waiting for the LSAC email, but it's been a week and a half now since I sent it.

Starting to get antsy.

wtf? she should have received the email as soon as you sent it. i spoke with a prof over email and sent her the lsac email and a minute later she confirmed with me that she had gotten it

R. Jeeves

Gold

Postby R. Jeeves » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:58 am

Last edited by R. Jeeves on Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

guynourmin

Gold

Postby guynourmin » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:08 pm

R. Jeeves wrote:dope fact. i actually havent seen the OG jurassic park films. i need to get on that. I saw jurassic world and it was meh

they're great, and definitely worth watching. books are much better,though.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:17 pm

The small velociraptors scared the crap out of me as a kid

Hennessy

Gold

Postby Hennessy » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:28 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:The small velociraptors scared the crap out of me as a kid

the ones that wrecked that little girl on the beach in Lost World?
Compsognathus

PrezRand

Gold

Postby PrezRand » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:24 pm

pretzeltime wrote:
PrezRand wrote:
brinicolec wrote:

IDK if there is a list, but you can read up on the various TLS forums and get a sense of things. Does it matter? Now you can just look at the apps on the LSAC website. There really aren't that many unique prompts out there anyway; typically just generic personal statement plus optional "why X school" in some circumstances.

Edit: Thanks for your help

Hennessy

Gold

Postby Hennessy » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:46 pm

this thread

so dead

has everyone ITT already made all their applications?

i haven't even started mine - still waiting for 1 LOR and finishing my PS

R. Jeeves

Gold

Postby R. Jeeves » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:56 pm

Last edited by R. Jeeves on Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

RamTitan

Silver

Postby RamTitan » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:16 pm

HennessyVSOP wrote:this thread

so dead

has everyone ITT already made all their applications?

i haven't even started mine - still waiting for 1 LOR and finishing my PS

I haven't submitted any yet; waiting on the September LSAT score

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?