TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

10
10
83%
9
0
No votes
8
1
8%
7
0
No votes
6
0
No votes
5
0
No votes
4
0
No votes
3
1
8%
2
0
No votes
1
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 12

20170322

Gold
Posts: 3251
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:57 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (welcome September waiTTTers)

Postby 20170322 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:25 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
SweetTort wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
SweetTort wrote:Checking in!!!


Hello
Pls post Asl and a fun fact about dinosaurs



Age: 22
Sex: Male
Location: South

Dinosaurs: Did you know that the t-rex went extinct because it couldn't masturbate? Masturbation is an evolutionary tendency in men, because it allows sperm to be discharged before they become defective, thus allowing for stronger offspring. Because the t-rex couldn't perform this task (due to arm length), it slowly died off as its progeny grew more sickly.


(this is a made up fact)



Made up facts are fun. accepted.

Have you applied yet
where are you applying to


*insert other ls small talk to get this thread moving



Have not applied yet. If my September score is 174+, I will be applying.

Will be coating the T6, UVA, Cornell, Michigan, and Duke.

User avatar
R. Jeeves

Gold
Posts: 1980
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 7:54 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (welcome September waiTTTers)

Postby R. Jeeves » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:37 pm

.
Last edited by R. Jeeves on Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum
Posts: 5816
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (welcome September waiTTTers)

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:30 pm

redacted

Scientists believe Sauropods had gas producing bacteria in their stomachs which resulted in constant farting. these fart factories could have raised global temperatures by roughly 1 communist degree, scientists say.

Redacted
Last edited by Mint-Berry_Crunch on Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum
Posts: 5816
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (welcome September waiTTTers)

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:33 pm

R. Jeeves wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:Hello
Pls post Asl and a fun fact about dinosaurs


REDACTED
REDACTED
REDACTED

Paleontologists believe a Tyrannosaurus rex male reproductive organ might have been up to 12 feet in length.*

your turn. oh also let's be careful not to quote ASL poasts


*Freeman, David. “Dinosaur Sex Experts Concur That Animals Mated Front to Back.” Huffington Post. July 18, 2012 (updated). Accessed: January 30, 2013.



good point


also good fact

User avatar
pretzeltime

Gold
Posts: 1993
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 6:57 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (welcome September waiTTTers)

Postby pretzeltime » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:27 pm

R. Jeeves wrote:
TheMikey wrote:do we suck

we're sucking pretty hard rn


Eh, there isn't much to say this time of year. Kind of a weird lull until decisions start coming out. Well, there are few productive topics, anyway.


And then there are the individual threads where people can absolutely tweak the fuck out about their files being processed and completed???? The amount of seconds it takes for the status checker email to arrive???????????? Etc etc etc. Seems pretty useless 2 lil old me

User avatar
alpha kenny body

Gold
Posts: 4850
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:28 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (welcome September waiTTTers)

Postby alpha kenny body » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:56 pm

GOAT Halloween movie - Hocus Pocus

Top 5: Hocus Pocus, Donnie Darko, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Ernest Scared Stupid, Halloweentown

User avatar
R. Jeeves

Gold
Posts: 1980
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 7:54 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (welcome September waiTTTers)

Postby R. Jeeves » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:02 pm

fips tedora wrote:GOAT Halloween movie - Hocus Pocus

Top 5: Hocus Pocus, Donnie Darko, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Ernest Scared Stupid, Halloweentown


beetlejuice yo

User avatar
R. Jeeves

Gold
Posts: 1980
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 7:54 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (welcome September waiTTTers)

Postby R. Jeeves » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:05 pm

pretzeltime wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:
TheMikey wrote:do we suck

we're sucking pretty hard rn


Eh, there isn't much to say this time of year. Kind of a weird lull until decisions start coming out. Well, there are few productive topics, anyway.


And then there are the individual threads where people can absolutely tweak the fuck out about their files being processed and completed???? The amount of seconds it takes for the status checker email to arrive???????????? Etc etc etc. Seems pretty useless 2 lil old me


what are you gonna be for halloween

User avatar
pretzeltime

Gold
Posts: 1993
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 6:57 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (welcome September waiTTTers)

Postby pretzeltime » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:09 pm

R. Jeeves wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:
TheMikey wrote:do we suck

we're sucking pretty hard rn


Eh, there isn't much to say this time of year. Kind of a weird lull until decisions start coming out. Well, there are few productive topics, anyway.


And then there are the individual threads where people can absolutely tweak the fuck out about their files being processed and completed???? The amount of seconds it takes for the status checker email to arrive???????????? Etc etc etc. Seems pretty useless 2 lil old me


what are you gonna be for halloween


https://twitter.com/pumkindancing or a giant loofah (group costume)

You?

User avatar
R. Jeeves

Gold
Posts: 1980
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 7:54 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (welcome September waiTTTers)

Postby R. Jeeves » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:21 pm

pretzeltime wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:
TheMikey wrote:do we suck

we're sucking pretty hard rn


Eh, there isn't much to say this time of year. Kind of a weird lull until decisions start coming out. Well, there are few productive topics, anyway.


And then there are the individual threads where people can absolutely tweak the fuck out about their files being processed and completed???? The amount of seconds it takes for the status checker email to arrive???????????? Etc etc etc. Seems pretty useless 2 lil old me


what are you gonna be for halloween


https://twitter.com/pumkindancing or a giant loofah (group costume)

You?

hamilton

User avatar
beenoparte125

New
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:33 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (welcome September waiTTTers)

Postby beenoparte125 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:37 pm

Is there a consensus on whether or not to respond to admissions depts. with a "thank you" after an acceptance email that doesn't specifically prompt a response?

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (welcome September waiTTTers)

Postby brinicolec » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:00 pm

beenoparte125 wrote:Is there a consensus on whether or not to respond to admissions depts. with a "thank you" after an acceptance email that doesn't specifically prompt a response?


I don't know but my thought would be I don't really think it's necessary. I mean, you got accepted already so it's not like you're trying to get their attn. and if every student accepted sent thank you emails, their emails would be getting flooded, but who knows? ...... not me.

User avatar
alpha kenny body

Gold
Posts: 4850
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:28 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (welcome September waiTTTers)

Postby alpha kenny body » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:26 pm

brinicolec wrote:
beenoparte125 wrote:Is there a consensus on whether or not to respond to admissions depts. with a "thank you" after an acceptance email that doesn't specifically prompt a response?


I don't know but my thought would be I don't really think it's necessary. I mean, you got accepted already so it's not like you're trying to get their attn. and if every student accepted sent thank you emails, their emails would be getting flooded, but who knows? ...... not me.

You got what you wanted from them; they're going to rape and pillage your bank account/credit/parent's money for the next three years. Keep that in mind.

Anna Kendrick Lamar

New
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:02 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (welcome September waiTTTers)

Postby Anna Kendrick Lamar » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:06 pm

checkin in!

User avatar
ashrice13

Gold
Posts: 1792
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:30 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (welcome September waiTTTers)

Postby ashrice13 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:50 am

Hey! I asked this over on the MS9 thread but they're busy doing their job right now (how dare they!) so im hoping someone here with a lot of work history might know the answer!

A while ago I removed my high school work from my resume as its not relevant at this point in my career. However, many apps ask you to list "all prior employment". I added my highschool jobs to that list on the app but they're not in my resume...will that be a problem? Do I need to go back and add them to my resume again? I'm guessing if so, I could just bullet point them?

Thanks!

Keilz

Gold
Posts: 2316
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (welcome September waiTTTers)

Postby Keilz » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:42 am

ashrice13 wrote:Hey! I asked this over on the MS9 thread but they're busy doing their job right now (how dare they!) so im hoping someone here with a lot of work history might know the answer!

A while ago I removed my high school work from my resume as its not relevant at this point in my career. However, many apps ask you to list "all prior employment". I added my highschool jobs to that list on the app but they're not in my resume...will that be a problem? Do I need to go back and add them to my resume again? I'm guessing if so, I could just bullet point them?

Thanks!


I just didn't include any nonsubstantive high school employment anywhere in my app. (Part time lifeguard and busser at a restaurant) I did include employment as a camp counselor which I worked from HS through college

Keilz

Gold
Posts: 2316
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (welcome September waiTTTers)

Postby Keilz » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:43 am

Anna Kendrick Lamar wrote:checkin in!


Love your username

User avatar
carasrook

Bronze
Posts: 395
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:00 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (welcome September waiTTTers)

Postby carasrook » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:50 am

waaaaaaaaaassssup?

to get my mind off the torturous waiting for my september score, i've been working on editing my resume from "job applicant" to "law school applicant".

quick q: thoughts on adding an 'interests' section in place of a 'skills' section? (where I currently have things like wpm, microsoft office, random other computer applications that were relevant when i was applying for office jobs)

User avatar
Thelaw23

Silver
Posts: 790
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:23 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (welcome September waiTTTers)

Postby Thelaw23 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:18 am

carasrook wrote:waaaaaaaaaassssup?

to get my mind off the torturous waiting for my september score, i've been working on editing my resume from "job applicant" to "law school applicant".

quick q: thoughts on adding an 'interests' section in place of a 'skills' section? (where I currently have things like wpm, microsoft office, random other computer applications that were relevant when i was applying for office jobs)


I added both, I think it would be cool to have some interests they could try to talk to you about during an interview. What could possibly be easier to talk about than the things you're actually interested in?

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (welcome September waiTTTers)

Postby Mikey » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:52 am

Thelaw23 wrote:
carasrook wrote:waaaaaaaaaassssup?

to get my mind off the torturous waiting for my september score, i've been working on editing my resume from "job applicant" to "law school applicant".

quick q: thoughts on adding an 'interests' section in place of a 'skills' section? (where I currently have things like wpm, microsoft office, random other computer applications that were relevant when i was applying for office jobs)


I added both, I think it would be cool to have some interests they could try to talk to you about during an interview. What could possibly be easier to talk about than the things you're actually interested in?

that's actually a good way of looking at it, nice!

User avatar
R. Jeeves

Gold
Posts: 1980
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 7:54 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (welcome September waiTTTers)

Postby R. Jeeves » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:42 am

New pole up

User avatar
ashrice13

Gold
Posts: 1792
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:30 am

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (welcome September waiTTTers)

Postby ashrice13 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:14 am

I think almost all answers on this poll should be following by an asterisk.

Shillary*


*unfortuantely
Last edited by ashrice13 on Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
amta

Platinum
Posts: 9459
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (welcome September waiTTTers)

Postby amta » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:53 am


User avatar
R. Jeeves

Gold
Posts: 1980
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 7:54 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (welcome September waiTTTers)

Postby R. Jeeves » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:59 am

.
Last edited by R. Jeeves on Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
rnoodles

Platinum
Posts: 8465
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:52 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (welcome September waiTTTers)

Postby rnoodles » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:50 pm

OBIE TRICE, real name no gimmicks



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests