TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

83%
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

patttt

Silver

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby patttt » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:20 am

TheMikey wrote:
Kopetz wrote:
TheMikey wrote:is 18 schools too much to apply to? (putting costs aside)

i've culled my list down to 23, and i may still put USC back on it. don't really see a downside, if you've got the cash/waivers

I do have the resources to apply to a broad range of schools. I just always thought i would apply to at max 10 schools, and even then i thought it was too much but i guess not lmao

Theres really nothing to lose, i applied to a few schools i wouldnt even consider going to (location / not t14, but still good schools) just for the lols - and bc i was bored and had waivers. Wouldnt be surprised if i got dinged though, my PS isnt even done yet. so no, 18 isnt too many lmao.

TexasENG

Silver

Postby TexasENG » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:22 am

Last edited by TexasENG on Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:31 am

TheMikey wrote:
Kopetz wrote:

i've culled my list down to 23, and i may still put USC back on it. don't really see a downside, if you've got the cash/waivers

I do have the resources to apply to a broad range of schools. I just always thought i would apply to at max 10 schools, and even then i thought it was too much but i guess not lmao

It "feels" like too many. I mean conventional wisdom is apply to t14 if you're in range and if not try to get into the top regional you want to practice in. To get to 23 you would need every t14 and 3 schools in 3 regions you want to practice in. If you could hit every t14 you probably don't need to go applying to 3 regionals in each state. If you can hit any t14 you probably don't need to apply to 3. I'm applying to ~10 t14, 2 hometown regionals, and one other regional where I live now.

If you have broad geographical interests I guess you could hit more but I would be surprised if someone had more than 3 places they wanted to be or need to apply to more than 2-3 in each of those places.

It's true that if money isn't an issues there's isn't much downside to it. It just seems like a waste of time and effort because eventually you'd have to start including schools you would not want to attend.

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:35 am

patttt wrote:
TheMikey wrote:
Kopetz wrote:

Theres really nothing to lose, i applied to a few schools i wouldnt even consider going to (location / not t14, but still good schools) just for the lols - and bc i was bored and had waivers. Wouldnt be surprised if i got dinged though, my PS isnt even done yet. so no, 18 isnt too many lmao.

If you're applying to schools that you have no interest attending and think you will get dinged at, you're applying to too many schools. There must be something you can do to slate your boredom beside apply to law schools lol.

pretzeltime

Gold

Postby pretzeltime » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:39 am

patttt wrote:
TheMikey wrote:
Kopetz wrote:

Uhhh I guess it's all personal pref but there are cheaper ways to have a great lol or two.... ?? CRS fees still exist...send those $30 installments to me instead and I'll put on a stand up routine for you

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:44 am

pretzeltime wrote:
patttt wrote:
TheMikey wrote:
Kopetz wrote:

Uhhh I guess it's all personal pref but there are cheaper ways to have a great lol or two.... ?? CRS fees still exist...send those $30 installments to me instead and I'll put on a stand up routine for you

:lol: :lol: pretzel would invest in a nice expensive wine bottle. or several.

Kopetz

Bronze

Postby Kopetz » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:52 am

pretzeltime wrote:
patttt wrote:
TheMikey wrote:
Kopetz wrote:

agreed, lols aren't a great reason. i'm overapplying out of critical self-doubt

pretzeltime

Gold

Postby pretzeltime » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:53 am

TheMikey wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:
patttt wrote:
TheMikey wrote:
Kopetz wrote:

I was gonna say, I'd buy myself a magnum of champagne :lol: :lol: you know me too well

pretzeltime

Gold

Postby pretzeltime » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:54 am

Kopetz wrote:
agreed, lols aren't a great reason. i'm overapplying out of critical self-doubt

attabear.

YoungSimba

New

Postby YoungSimba » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:04 pm

What goes through an admission officer's head when a comic sans app crops up...

TexasENG

Silver

Postby TexasENG » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:13 pm

Last edited by TexasENG on Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kopetz

Bronze

Postby Kopetz » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:17 pm

I got two emails for application/enrollment events, scheduled on the same day at the same time but in different places: one for Duke/NYU/Stanford and one for Chicago/Michigan/Penn. Fluke or intentional power move?

patttt

Silver

Postby patttt » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:44 pm

pretzeltime wrote:
TheMikey wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:
patttt wrote:
TheMikey wrote:
Kopetz wrote:

I was gonna say, I'd buy myself a magnum of champagne :lol: :lol: you know me too well

Hahahaha i waste too much money on expensive wine too! Also, in my defense, my ps was done (and pretty good) but it just quite isnt as refined as i want it to be before i send it to CCNP n such.

Lee1962

New

Postby Lee1962 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:38 pm

Hi guys! I'm new here and am really excited about going to law school next year. I am taking the LSAT for the first (and hopefully last time) this September. I've been scoring around a 155 but am trying to break a 157-158 so that I can be an attractive candidate for YHS or at least Northwestern. I have a 3.3 GPA and a really unique soft.

Crossing my fingers!!!

PDX4343

Silver

Postby PDX4343 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:41 pm

Lee1962 wrote:Hi guys! I'm new here and am really excited about going to law school next year. I am taking the LSAT for the first (and hopefully last time) this September. I've been scoring around a 155 but am trying to break a 157-158 so that I can be an attractive candidate for YHS or at least Northwestern. I have a 3.3 GPA and a really unique soft.

Crossing my fingers!!!

Lee1962

New

Postby Lee1962 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:45 pm

A 94% chance at harvard? Thats great! Thanks for showing me that. I feel even better about applying!

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:23 pm

Lee1962 wrote:A 94% chance at harvard? Thats great! Thanks for showing me that. I feel even better about applying!

Solid troll 7/10

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:36 pm

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
Lee1962 wrote:A 94% chance at harvard? Thats great! Thanks for showing me that. I feel even better about applying!

Solid troll 7/10

94% lolololol

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:30 pm

proteinshake wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:

Solid troll 7/10

94% lolololol

Omg

Kopetz

Bronze

Postby Kopetz » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:18 am

this is a good schtick

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:20 am

is anyone planning on making a 2016-2017 Admissions Spreadsheets thread?

(not that I'm gonna do it :lol:)

ponderingmeerkat

Gold

Postby ponderingmeerkat » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:05 pm

proteinshake wrote:is anyone planning on making a 2016-2017 Admissions Spreadsheets thread?

I mean...somebody should definitely step up and do that! Won't be me though. I'm OPing two T14 threads. My civic duty to this community is over. It's gunna be all take take take from here on out. :D

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:09 pm

ponderingmeerkat wrote:
proteinshake wrote:is anyone planning on making a 2016-2017 Admissions Spreadsheets thread?

I mean...somebody should definitely step up and do that! Won't be me though. I'm OPing two T14 threads. My civic duty to this community is over. It's gunna be all take take take from here on out. :D

I'm the Duke OP and I'm gonna create a Negotiations thread later in the cycle, so someone get on this!

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:17 pm

proteinshake wrote:
ponderingmeerkat wrote:

I'm the Duke OP and I'm gonna create a Negotiations thread later in the cycle, so someone get on this!

I can make it this weekend

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:22 pm

I'm ordering transcripts electronically and I wanted to know what this whole "Attachment options for this recipient" thing is. Says that LSAC requires it, but I'm not sure what this is. It says these 2 options:

My attachment is completely filled out and my transcript can be sent immediately

OR

X college must add information to my attachment before my transcript can be sent

???

e: i figured this had to do with the transcript form thing, but don't you only need to use that if you request a transcript in person?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?