TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

83%
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

Schneidersbetter

Bronze

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Post by Schneidersbetter » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:37 pm

pretzeltime wrote:
Schneidersbetter wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:Kind of want to turn in a few midnight apps tonight. Should probably avoid this temptation because I'm hitting the vino and don't want to accidentally upload an addendum about my feelings and a resume of my dating history

Just gonna follow my heart. I'll know when the time is right.

And by that I mean, I for sure will be asleep before midnight
I sent a couple in one late night and deeply regretted it, made a pretty bad mistake that i prob wouldn't have made. there are other more fun night activities, consider one of those instead
Haha, thanks.

FWIW, I am 96% joking when I say shit like this. It's just to keep y'all loling up a storm. (Are you.........?)
haha we know, just gotta make sure the kids no where its at. An admission officer also told me that my pretty hilarious C&F addendum helped my app, so hu knows, maybe you're dating history is the way to go

Not that your dating history is funny or anything... :oops:

TexasENG

Silver

Post by TexasENG » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:16 pm

New Poll idea, what is the first school that shows up when you google "law school"

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:20 pm

TexasENG wrote:In other news, went to put on my brown dress shoes for work this morning and when I pulled the laces one of them ripped in half. Apparently one of my cats chewed through the string overnight. This ended up making me 30 minutes late for work as I tore through my house trying to find another set of laces. When I couldn't do that I ended up having to get changed so I could wear my black dress shoes :cry:
This happened to me right before an interview! It was terrifying

TexasENG

Silver

Post by TexasENG » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:24 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
TexasENG wrote:In other news, went to put on my brown dress shoes for work this morning and when I pulled the laces one of them ripped in half. Apparently one of my cats chewed through the string overnight. This ended up making me 30 minutes late for work as I tore through my house trying to find another set of laces. When I couldn't do that I ended up having to get changed so I could wear my black dress shoes :cry:
This happened to me right before an interview! It was terrifying
When it ripped I was left with half a lace in one hand and was super confused. Like my morning brain wasn't processing what had happened and I was just staring at my shoe. If i had something important to do I would have panicked

ponderingmeerkat

Gold

Post by ponderingmeerkat » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:40 pm

Awwwwww shit ladies and gents--just pressed submit on my first app!

It's nice to have that first round out of the barrel. It was kinda exciting. Kinda scary. I wasn't sure exactly what I was doing but it felt good so I kept going. I feel like a man, now.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TexasENG

Silver

Post by TexasENG » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:24 pm

ponderingmeerkat wrote:Awwwwww shit ladies and gents--just pressed submit on my first app!

It's nice to have that first round out of the barrel. It was kinda exciting. Kinda scary. I wasn't sure exactly what I was doing but it felt good so I kept going. I feel like a man, now.
I've been trying to upload my finalized stuff tonight and every time I hit upload lsac just crashes. Been driving me crazy. I guess I won't be doing midnight apps after all.

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:04 am

TexasENG wrote:
ponderingmeerkat wrote:Awwwwww shit ladies and gents--just pressed submit on my first app!

I've been trying to upload my finalized stuff tonight and every time I hit upload lsac just crashes. Been driving me crazy. I guess I won't be doing midnight apps after all.
Maybe it's a sign :lol:

Strangeland

New

Post by Strangeland » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:39 am

no WUSTL thread yet, so I'll try here.
if anyone interviewed with WUSTL this summer prior to the cycle start, did you get any follow-up emails?

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Post by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:50 am

proteinshake wrote:don't quote:
It's gotta be significant, I have about that GPA and feel like a splitter sometimes. .03 higher to move at least over most t14 median would ease my mind

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:08 am

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
It's gotta be significant, I have about that GPA and feel like a splitter sometimes. .03 higher to move at least over most t14 median would ease my mind
I think it'll come in handy now that NYU's median GPA is apparently 3.8 now (according to a 1L)

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:26 am

proteinshake wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
I think it'll come in handy now that NYU's median GPA is apparently 3.8 now (according to a 1L)
Rip im under median then

pretzeltime

Gold

Post by pretzeltime » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:05 am

First apps submitted, first minor typo spotted! Ah yes, feels good

Baby Gaga

Bronze

Post by Baby Gaga » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:07 am

About to send my first applications right now, but still waiting on 2 LoR (I asked 2 months ago and gave a reminder 2 weeks ago :roll: )

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ashrice13

Gold

Post by ashrice13 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:04 am

Baby Gaga wrote:About to send my first applications right now, but still waiting on 2 LoR (I asked 2 months ago and gave a reminder 2 weeks ago :roll: )
I'm in the same boat!

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:15 pm

proteinshake wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:Question.

If scholly is unlikely, what are y'alls opinions on ED?

I can't retake until June 17, and my initial plan was to take that to help me get in off wait lists/increase scholly. But I'm not really sure how helpful that will actually be. Maybe EDing is a better option for someone with bad scholly chances? GPA<25th for every school in t20.
are you T20 or nothing?
More or less favoring in location n other stuff.

I mostly used this to show where my gpa was at tho

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:19 pm

brinicolec wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:Question.

If scholly is unlikely, what are y'alls opinions on ED?

I can't retake until June 17, and my initial plan was to take that to help me get in off wait lists/increase scholly. But I'm not really sure how helpful that will actually be. Maybe EDing is a better option for someone with bad scholly chances? GPA<25th for every school in t20.
If you're willing to go to a T20 and pay sticker price, then I suppose EDing wouldn't be a terrible decision, although you'd have to check for the specific schools because some schools actually seem to be more selective for ED. However, I'm not sure I'd assume you're completely SOL when it comes to getting schollys either (because idk your LSAT or if you have a super great PS that'll tip the scale -- some ppl don't believe that's possible, but I do). I think this is one of those tricky, personal decision things that you'll have to really sit and think about. If you end up having to pay sticker, that's a lot of debt you'll be accruing, and then you'll either be in crushing debt for awhile or have to rely on getting into biglaw.
Yeah, probably the safer bet is to not do it and just hope for the best in June. Id probably write lsat addendum too. LSAT is good enough to be within ranges for most t14 but not enough to get me in by itself.

My (unwritten) essay probably won't pull any miracles.

EnfieldTennisChamp

Bronze

Post by EnfieldTennisChamp » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:37 pm

Just chiming in as the (hopefully) agreeable village fool, since you guys were my June waiter friends... I turned in my apps without proofreading my PS. Literally finished typing, saved, uploaded, and submitted while I was at work. Worth a full scholly where I was shootin for (not a top law school by any means), but I'm a happy and naive 1L :)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:42 am

EnfieldTennisChamp wrote:Just chiming in as the (hopefully) agreeable village fool, since you guys were my June waiter friends... I turned in my apps without proofreading my PS. Literally finished typing, saved, uploaded, and submitted while I was at work. Worth a full scholly where I was shootin for (not a top law school by any means), but I'm a happy and naive 1L :)
^_^

ChodeAnalBead

New

Post by ChodeAnalBead » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:50 pm

Law schools keep contacting me.

How do I make it so LSAC does not give out my contact info so that other schools contact me?

Please. Help me. I don't want to go to Vanderbilt or Thomas Jefferson... please... help me.................

HaveMercy

New

Post by HaveMercy » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:55 pm

HaveMercy

New

Post by HaveMercy » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:56 pm

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

HaveMercy

New

Post by HaveMercy » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:04 pm

HaveMercy

New

Post by HaveMercy » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:05 pm

HaveMercy

New

Post by HaveMercy » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:05 pm

USayinBoalt

Gold

Post by USayinBoalt » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:05 pm

ChodeAnalBead wrote:Law schools keep contacting me.

How do I make it so LSAC does not give out my contact info so that other schools contact me?

Please. Help me. I don't want to go to Vanderbilt or Thomas Jefferson... please... help me.................
If you signed up for CRS (candidate referral service) then you authorized your credentials to be shared. I'm not sure if you can unsubscribe for the service but you can check the lsac website

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”