TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

83%
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

Gitaroo_Dude

Silver

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (politics pole)

Postby Gitaroo_Dude » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:06 pm

Monday wrote:I thought that show was for kids who eat their own boogers.

It's for adults who eat their own boogers too, tyvm.

haley12 wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:
Gitaroo_Dude wrote:
haley12 wrote:
Monday wrote:Gross, babies!

"Aren't you a little young to be going to law school?"
"Yes, yes I am."

#namethatreferenceoldpeoplewon'tget

Glad to see another Phineas & Ferb fan. *high five*

I wrote my college admissions essay on Phineas & Ferb. I've watched every episode multiple times 8)

And now I have the theme song stuck in my head :roll: so good

It took me 29 years but I have finally found my people. *sobs*

I desperately want to see even an excerpt of this essay now, haha.

ldlestrange

Bronze

Postby ldlestrange » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:10 pm

Keilz wrote:In other news, my cycle is ending today!

Seven months of HELL...that is going to continue until the summer :mrgreen:

NYU GOT BACK TO YOU????? :O

Keilz

Gold

Postby Keilz » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:10 pm

ldlestrange wrote:

Decision letter was sent but that can take awhile to know if it's a WL or denial

ldlestrange

Bronze

Postby ldlestrange » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:11 pm

Keilz wrote:
ldlestrange wrote:

Decision letter was sent but that can take awhile to know if it's a WL or denial

or acceptance :D

Shakawkaw

Gold

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (flexin pole)

Postby Shakawkaw » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:12 pm

RParadela wrote:
ldlestrange wrote:
RParadela wrote:Speaking of FB, do any of you guys have TLS people added on social media? I realized that I probably should've added a bunch of you so I could've gotten more likes on my humble brag post

if you have your post on public, i will literally go and like it rn LOL

You bet your ass that I made that post public. I also have the most outable handle ever (I need to change it) so I'm not exactly hard to find

Confirmed. That was funny af.

Keilz

Gold

Postby Keilz » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:12 pm

ldlestrange wrote:
Keilz wrote:
ldlestrange wrote:

or acceptance :D

Haha check out the thread, there are a ton of people, which seems unlikely :)

chandhi

Gold

Postby chandhi » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:14 pm

Shakawkaw wrote:
RParadela wrote:
ldlestrange wrote:
RParadela wrote:Speaking of FB, do any of you guys have TLS people added on social media? I realized that I probably should've added a bunch of you so I could've gotten more likes on my humble brag post

You bet your ass that I made that post public. I also have the most outable handle ever (I need to change it) so I'm not exactly hard to find

Join us, shakawkaw

Shakawkaw

Gold

Postby Shakawkaw » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:14 pm

chandhi wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:
RParadela wrote:
ldlestrange wrote:

Join us, shakawkaw

8) 8)

Keilz

Gold

Postby Keilz » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:22 pm

I feel like I'm on the titanic on the NYU thread

haley12

Silver

Postby haley12 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:26 pm

Keilz wrote:I feel like I'm on the titanic on the NYU thread

Same. My heart will go on?

thatlawlkid

Gold

Postby thatlawlkid » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:30 pm

Shak is too cool for us. We aren't worthy

haley12

Silver

Postby haley12 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:33 pm

Gitaroo_Dude wrote:
Monday wrote:I thought that show was for kids who eat their own boogers.

It's for adults who eat their own boogers too, tyvm.

haley12 wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:
Gitaroo_Dude wrote:
haley12 wrote:
Monday wrote:Gross, babies!

"Aren't you a little young to be going to law school?"
"Yes, yes I am."

#namethatreferenceoldpeoplewon'tget

Glad to see another Phineas & Ferb fan. *high five*

I wrote my college admissions essay on Phineas & Ferb. I've watched every episode multiple times 8)

And now I have the theme song stuck in my head :roll: so good

It took me 29 years but I have finally found my people. *sobs*

I desperately want to see even an excerpt of this essay now, haha.

+180

chargers21

Gold

Postby chargers21 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:35 pm

Last edited by chargers21 on Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jjcorvino

Silver

Postby jjcorvino » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:45 pm

haley12 wrote:

Get your pitchforks out for NYU

Keilz

Gold

Postby Keilz » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:54 pm

jjcorvino wrote:
haley12 wrote:

Get your pitchforks out for NYU

**ANGRY AT NYU?** WANT TO JOIN THE MOB? *I'VE GOT YOU COVERED!*

#**COME ON DOWN TO /r/pitchforkemporium**

**I GOT 'EM ALL!**

Traditional|Left Handed|Fancy
:-:|:-:|:-:
---E|Ǝ---|---{
**I EVEN HAVE DISCOUNTED CLEARANCE FORKS!**

33% off!|66% off!|Manufacturer's Defect!
---F|---L|---e

**NEW IN STOCK. DIRECTLY FROM LIECHTENSTEIN.** ***EUROPEAN MODELS!***

The Euro|The Pound|The Lira
---€|---£|---₤

^(* *some assembly required*)

texcellence

Bronze

Postby texcellence » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:57 pm

chargers21 wrote:

NYU will still be beating one school for me! Damn WUSTL

have you not heard back from WUSTL either? i forgot i ever applied and emailed to withdraw a couple days ago and they responded w/something like "thanks for informing us of your final decision" but like.......YOU never even gave ME a decision!?!?

chargers21

Gold

Postby chargers21 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:00 pm

Last edited by chargers21 on Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:16 pm

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
thatlawlkid wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
thatlawlkid wrote:
brinicolec wrote:Missed the gun discussion. I personally think we need a SERIOUS improvement in background checks, and also think semi-automatics should be banned from civilian ownership.

Edit: Really don't even think military personnel should own semi-automatics unless it's necessary for their job.

Please tell me you're trolling because it is statements like this that show why people that have no idea what they're talking about shouldn't try to express an opinion about these kinds of things.

(Really not trying to be mean as our interactions before this have been nothing but cordial and i would like to keep it that way)

I wouldn't jump to assuming someone who holds that view does so out of ignorance of the situation. It's quite possible someone believes that weapons with an automatic eject, re-chamber, and re-cock mechanism are too dangerous.

It's certainly a rather staunch view, but it doesn't have to be because they don't know the definition.

I think the military edit took it to a point that it didn't have to be an assumption. Although i guess muzzleloader season would get a little bit longer if this was the case so there might be some upside.

Ehh I read that edit as allowing military personnel to own semi-auto weapons themselves. I didn't take it that have any bearing on what was issued to them in combat, but idk that's really just going off of the word own

The bolded part.

Also, if you want to make it about "wa wa wa my CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT," when the amendment was written, things like semi-automatics didn't even exist and I highly doubt they were thinking far enough into the future to consider whether or not they believed they should fall under the same category regarding personal use.

Also, @thelawlkid just for the sake of not saying anything rude - because if you thought you were being mean, I promise you, there is not a bone in my body that's incapable of being petty - if you have to add a disclaimer that you're "not trying to be mean" then you know you borderline came out of pocket. Don't come for me like that (then throw a disclaimer in to make it seem like you weren't) unless I send for you.. and I promise I won't.

thatlawlkid

Gold

Postby thatlawlkid » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:20 pm

" Missed the gun discussion. I personally think we need a SERIOUS improvement in background checks, and also think semi-automatics should be banned from civilian ownership.

Edit: Really don't even think military personnel should own semi-automatics unless it's necessary for their job. "

So i guess we're going WWI style and throwing down with the bolt actions? Sorry i was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt that someone would have to be misinformed to hold such an opinion, but it is an opinion and you're entitled to it. Could you encompass what you meant by "unless it's necessary for their job" ? I guess a majority of the military should grab their black powder dueling pistols and strap those on as a sidearm?

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:23 pm

thatlawlkid wrote:" Missed the gun discussion. I personally think we need a SERIOUS improvement in background checks, and also think semi-automatics should be banned from civilian ownership.

Edit: Really don't even think military personnel should own semi-automatics unless it's necessary for their job. "

So i guess we're going WWI style and throwing down with the bolt actions? Sorry i was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt that someone would have to be misinformed to hold such an opinion. Could you encompass what you meant by "unless it's necessary for their job" ? I guess a majority of the military should grab their black powder dueling pistols and strap those on as a sidearm?

Okay, read your post and ask yourself, "Do I sound like I'm being a condescending asshole?" If your answer is no, read it again until you realize that yes, you do sound like a condescending asshole. Don't talk to me all crazy because I don't agree with you. Like... I don't know who you THINK you're talking to but I'm really not the one for the rudeness.

thatlawlkid

Gold

Postby thatlawlkid » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:26 pm

brinicolec wrote:
thatlawlkid wrote:" Missed the gun discussion. I personally think we need a SERIOUS improvement in background checks, and also think semi-automatics should be banned from civilian ownership.

So i guess we're going WWI style and throwing down with the bolt actions? Sorry i was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt that someone would have to be misinformed to hold such an opinion. Could you encompass what you meant by "unless it's necessary for their job" ? I guess a majority of the military should grab their black powder dueling pistols and strap those on as a sidearm?

Okay, read your post and ask yourself, "Do I sound like I'm being a condescending asshole?" If your answer is no, read it again until you realize that yes, you do sound like a condescending asshole. Don't talk to me all crazy because I don't agree with you. Like... I don't know who you THINK you're talking to but I'm really not the one for the rudeness.

Just looking for some sort of support that would make your opinion reasonable/viable in a non-Utopian society. But yeah I guess calling me names works too.

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:28 pm

thatlawlkid wrote:
brinicolec wrote:

Just looking for some sort of support that would make your opinion reasonable/viable in a non-Utopian society. But yeah I guess calling me names works too.

I said you're BEING a condescending asshole, not you ARE one. Now if you want to have a civilized conversation about something, you talk to people normally, yeah? But honestly, on my side of things, I no longer wish to converse with you so I won't.

Enjoy your day.

thatlawlkid

Gold

Postby thatlawlkid » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:28 pm

Lol

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:33 pm

this was a fun, temporary distraction from that dumpster fire over at NYUseless.

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:36 pm

So i guess we're going WWI style and throwing down with the bolt actions? Sorry i was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt that someone would have to be misinformed to hold such an opinion, but it is an opinion and you're entitled to it. Could you encompass what you meant by "unless it's necessary for their job" ? I guess a majority of the military should grab their black powder dueling pistols and strap those on as a sidearm?

MPD would, I'm guessing, require a personal sidearm that was semi automatic and shouldn't be locked in an armory. There are most likely other military personnel that would also need one for similar reasons, police/guards are just the first ones to jump out. I don't know if it was expressed in the best way, but it seems that her opinion is "in the military you should probably have to lock up your weapon (in an armory, not just "behind two locks") and the only exemption to that would be someone who's job necessitated them to respond to a threat immediately (not the job description of your run of the mill off-duty enlisted)

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?