TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

83%
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

Mikey

Platinum

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Post by Mikey » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:47 pm

TAD wrote:
TheMikey wrote:For those of you who went to your UG in person to request a transcript to be sent to LSAC, how long did it take for LSAC to process it?
Literally minutes apart for me. She emailed me saying she sent it. When I finished reading her email I refreshed my inbox and i got one from lsac saying its processed.
wow really? i thought people had to wait like a week or something

carasrook

Bronze

Post by carasrook » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:35 pm

checking in, friends.

i cannot for the life of me come up with a personal statement!!

ponderingmeerkat

Gold

Post by ponderingmeerkat » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:43 pm

carasrook wrote:checking in, friends.

Cara! Good to see you.

I have this foolproof method for PS generation. You should ask Jeeves about it. :wink:

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:48 pm

ponderingmeerkat wrote:

Cara! Good to see you.

I have this foolproof method for PS generation. You should ask Jeeves about it. :wink:
you'e a bad influence on jeeves!! nah but seriously, i'm stuck with my PS as well and will probably use this foolproof method myself

TAD

Bronze

Post by TAD » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:02 pm

TheMikey wrote:
TAD wrote:
TheMikey wrote:For those of you who went to your UG in person to request a transcript to be sent to LSAC, how long did it take for LSAC to process it?
Literally minutes apart for me. She emailed me saying she sent it. When I finished reading her email I refreshed my inbox and i got one from lsac saying its processed.
wow really? i thought people had to wait like a week or something
Ya I assumed so too. Unless she timed her email perfectly and sent it a week after she sent it to lsac lol. Which now that I think about it would make sense cause I went to them about a week and a bit before I got her email.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ponderingmeerkat

Gold

Post by ponderingmeerkat » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:21 pm

TheMikey wrote:
ponderingmeerkat wrote:

Cara! Good to see you.

you'e a bad influence on jeeves!!
:oops: :oops: :lol:

R. Jeeves

Gold

Post by R. Jeeves » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:45 pm

ponderingmeerkat wrote:

Cara! Good to see you.

:lol: :lol:

Are you saying Cara should seek my advice or is this still your go-to search engine? :P

ponderingmeerkat

Gold

Post by ponderingmeerkat » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:01 pm

R. Jeeves wrote:
ponderingmeerkat wrote:

Cara! Good to see you.

Are you saying Cara should seek my advice or is this still your go-to search engine? :P
Ahhhh it's an old person joke! I get it!! :lol:

R. Jeeves

Gold

Post by R. Jeeves » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:09 pm

ponderingmeerkat wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:
ponderingmeerkat wrote:

Cara! Good to see you.

:oops: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

pretzeltime

Gold

Post by pretzeltime » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:33 am

ponderingmeerkat wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:
ponderingmeerkat wrote:

Cara! Good to see you.

jeeves bringing the lols

i get it too!!!!!!!!

pretzeltime

Gold

Post by pretzeltime » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:34 am

heyyy good to see you up in hurr

abbywabby

New

Post by abbywabby » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:44 am

checking in from cali :P

R. Jeeves

Gold

Post by R. Jeeves » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:49 am

abbywabby wrote:checking in from cali :P
sup fellow west coaster! welcome to the thread

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

pretzeltime

Gold

Post by pretzeltime » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:51 am

abbywabby wrote:checking in from cali :P
hey hey! i like your princess pic.

So, Cali person, burgers or tacos? Pie or cake? These are required questions :D

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:49 am

speaking of pie.

i'm really in the mood for some pumpkin pie right now. ugh, thanksgiving where you at

patttt

Silver

Post by patttt » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:12 pm

ponderingmeerkat wrote:
patttt wrote:suh guyz.

ETA: currently procrastinating starting personal statement / general app stuff
Hey dude...procrastinating on LSAT retake shit and spending too much time on TLS.

Welcome! :D
thank you thank you - we can now officially add procrastinating for LSAT retake shit to my agenda too. I unfortunately just registered... About to go check in to the study group so I can at least feel like I'm studying hahaha

The_Pluviophile

Bronze

Post by The_Pluviophile » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:42 pm

Found a fee waiver for Miami in my junk folder today lol. Also bored as hell at work but firmly set on not using my time for anything productive.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Bob loblaw law blog

Bronze

Post by Bob loblaw law blog » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:12 pm

HaveMercy wrote:
Bob loblaw law blog wrote:Checking in. Been Grinding all month to get my apps in order. I've officially reached the point where all there is left to do is to sit and wait for LORs to come in and stress. Only Fee waiver so far is WUSTL.
Do you have a checklist of what you've done? I always feel like I'm done and then freak myself out.
I'm primarily using this: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 11&t=75491

I do sort of have m own, although it's pen and paper and includes a lot more than law school apps (I'm KJD so lots of senior year stuff there too). It's mostly:

Take LSAT [x}
Get Score I'm happy with [x}
Get LOR commitments [x]
Figure out the LSAC system for how to enter in LORs [ ] (because they make nothing easy, I am still working on this)
Write PS [x]
Edit PS[x]
Have everyone you know look at PS and tear it apart [x]
Submit transcripts [x] (do this soon if you haven't yet, bigger pain than I thought it would be)
Figure out any C & F issues [x] (thankfully all I have is a speeding ticket from high school, Idk if I should even put that down)
Write "why x" for schools you want to [x] ( not actually totally done with this... but only in the sense that I might decide to write more of them)
Request fee Waivers [ ] (I'm waiting til the second half of the month)

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:19 pm

The_Pluviophile wrote:Found a fee waiver for Miami in my junk folder today lol. Also bored as hell at work but firmly set on not using my time for anything productive.

caitlinrw

Bronze

Post by caitlinrw » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:59 pm

Hey guys, just wanted to get some opinions. I'm a Florida native, and know for sure that I want to stay here to practice after school. Should I include schools outside of Florida on my app list? Right now, FSU is my top choice, and I'm sure I can get some scholly money if I apply early enough as planned. Thanks for the future advice, let me know if you need my stats to answer this.

EDIT: Biglaw is not a must for me, just to throw that in there, lol

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Post by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:12 pm

caitlinrw wrote:Hey guys, just wanted to get some opinions. I'm a Florida native, and know for sure that I want to stay here to practice after school. Should I include schools outside of Florida on my app list? Right now, FSU is my top choice, and I'm sure I can get some scholly money if I apply early enough as planned. Thanks for the future advice, let me know if you need my stats to answer this.

This really gonna come down to your numbers. FSU (and UF, though I'm also a nole) are great schools, and if you are 100% on staying in FL they'll serve you well. But if you can get into t14 or are thinking you may want to spend a little time somewhere else you may want to look at other areas too

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Post by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:13 pm

caitlinrw wrote:Hey guys, just wanted to get some opinions. I'm a Florida native, and know for sure that I want to stay here to practice after school. Should I include schools outside of Florida on my app list? Right now, FSU is my top choice, and I'm sure I can get some scholly money if I apply early enough as planned. Thanks for the future advice, let me know if you need my stats to answer this.

This really gonna come down to your numbers. FSU (and UF, though I'm also a nole) are great schools, and if you are 100% on staying in FL they'll serve you well. But if you can get into t14 or are thinking you may want to spend a little time somewhere else you may want to look at other areas too

caitlinrw

Bronze

Post by caitlinrw » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:34 pm

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:

True. I got a 162 (not taking again) and a 3.8, URM. So I'm hoping those are good enough numbers to get in. My only out of state I was considering was UT-Austin, cause I always wanted to see Texas, but tuition here is so cheap.

ponderingmeerkat

Gold

Post by ponderingmeerkat » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:13 pm

Hey...welcome to the thread! About FL (anecdote alert): Mrs. Meerkat graduated from one of Duke, Penn, Virginia this last year. One of her close friends was top-25ish% after 1L year and grew up/graduated high school in Florida. This person received multiple V15 offers in NYC (definitely an accomplished individual) but, despite 3 callbacks at FL biglaw firms, couldn't land an offer to get back home.

So, I'd suggest you seriously consider the TLS-standard advice that FL is VERY uniquely ties sensitive. If you're dead set on practicing in FL, seems to me FSU might be a solid option (especially if you're looking at a significant scholarship). Good luck!

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Post by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:14 pm

caitlinrw wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:

True. I got a 162 (not taking again) and a 3.8, URM. So I'm hoping those are good enough numbers to get in. My only out of state I was considering was UT-Austin, cause I always wanted to see Texas, but tuition here is so cheap.
You should get into any school in FL with those numbers and get a bit of money too. It looks like T14 would be a stretch, as would Austin. I don't like the idea of putting all your eggs in one state's basket, but if you're a florida boy and it's where you want to stay I say focus on them.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”