TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

83%
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

Assasindowntheavenue

Silver

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants

Post by Assasindowntheavenue » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:04 pm

chargers21 wrote:
Assasindowntheavenue wrote:
chargers21 wrote:The Chargers would be willing to part with Rivers and he could be the difference for a team that is just a QB away from a Super Bowl run. Plus he's WAY better than Romo and not injury prone
Are you saying that Romo is so overrated that Chargers would let Rivers go to get him?
Oh no! I'm saying that any team targeting Romo would be better served by targeting Rivers, since Rivers can be expected to actually play the full season. The Chargers see looking for a new QB through a near future draft to be the face of their LA transition
Ohhhhh. I agree. I see Romo more as Mark Sanchez than anything, though the rumor mill has it Denver is interested in him :cry:

Baby Gaga

Bronze

Post by Baby Gaga » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:07 pm

chargers21 wrote:
chargers21 wrote:The Chargers would be willing to part with Rivers and he could be the difference for a team that is just a QB away from a Super Bowl run. Plus he's WAY better than Romo and not injury prone
Are you saying that Romo is so overrated that Chargers would let Rivers go to get him?
Oh no! I'm saying that any team targeting Romo would be better served by targeting Rivers, since Rivers can be expected to actually play the full season. The Chargers see looking for a new QB through a near future draft to be the face of their LA transition
Ohhhhh. I agree. I see Romo more as Mark Sanchez than anything, though the rumor mill has it Denver is interested in him :cry:
Let's not get carried away people. Romo is quality and comparing him to butt fumble sanchez is insane. Rivers is actually better tho, just really underrated since nobody pays attention to the chargers (sorry). If Denver or Houston get either Romo or Rivers, they could really shake up the AFC and lost to the pats in the championship game

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Post by SybillAnnDorsett » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:07 pm

brinicolec wrote:
Rigo wrote:
SybillAnnDorsett wrote: Laguna Beach is responsible for my teenage rebellion phase.
That's Hills footage tyvm

Um... does anyone remember College Hill (aka the black version of The Hills/Laguna Beach)?
I never saw College Hill; I watched Washington Heights on mtv and that was everything.

dietcoke1

Silver

Post by dietcoke1 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:08 pm

Rigo wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:I was wondering how long it was going to take to get an email from a TTT about their new USNWR ranking
[+] Spoiler
answer: not long
Rutgers people are lit on FB.
ranking goes up: "this is indicative of the direction our school is heading and a testament to our commitment to students"
ranking goes down: "pshhhhhhhhhhh rankings don't matter anyway"

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:09 pm

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
Rigo wrote:
SybillAnnDorsett wrote: Laguna Beach is responsible for my teenage rebellion phase.
That's Hills footage tyvm

Um... does anyone remember College Hill (aka the black version of The Hills/Laguna Beach)?
I never saw College Hill; I watched Washington Heights on mtv and that was everything.
Never saw that one.

College Hill was wild because it was back when fights could actually happen and THIS happened:
[+] Spoiler
[youtube]SOjpIQ5DUcE[/youtube]

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Gitaroo_Dude

Silver

Post by Gitaroo_Dude » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:09 pm

Romo and Rivers have to be pretty comparable if you ignore Romo's recent injury history. I don't have FO or stuff available, but they're both highly efficient QBs. Also both prone to awful int's at the worst time.

Bob loblaw law blog

Bronze

Post by Bob loblaw law blog » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:12 pm

RParadela wrote:Which schools are you guys deciding between? Interested to see how other people pick and choose.
It's pretty much down to Duke vs. Michigan for me. Mich is the only T14 that gave me decent $ and I'm waiting on Duke's offer. Probably gonna make a decision less than 24 hours after I find out Duke's offer. I'm so ready to be done.
Assasindowntheavenue wrote:Topic suggestion - how overrated is Tony Romo?
Tony Romo was underrated, but years without any sort of protection have left him being held together by duct tape.

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:13 pm

Gitaroo_Dude wrote:Romo and Rivers have to be pretty comparable if you ignore Romo's recent injury history. I don't have FO or stuff available, but they're both highly efficient QBs. Also both prone to awful int's at the worst time.
Yeah, both throw when they shouldn't sometimes. With old QBs, I'd take the one least likely to get injured, and Rivers takes the cake easily there. Plus Rivers is my favorite player and I would like to see him have a chance to win before he retires and I don't think the Chargers will help him out.

Assasindowntheavenue

Silver

Post by Assasindowntheavenue » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:17 pm

Baby Gaga wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
Let's not get carried away people. Romo is quality and comparing him to butt fumble sanchez is insane. Rivers is actually better tho, just really underrated since nobody pays attention to the chargers (sorry). If Denver or Houston get either Romo or Rivers, they could really shake up the AFC and lost to the pats in the championship game
Yeah my fault - I didn't mean they're comparable in stats. I meant more as how they fit with the Denver team. I really don't think Romo would do well in Denver because of our O-line problem. If that gets fixed (doubtful) then maybe.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Assasindowntheavenue

Silver

Post by Assasindowntheavenue » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:18 pm

chargers21 wrote:
Gitaroo_Dude wrote:Romo and Rivers have to be pretty comparable if you ignore Romo's recent injury history. I don't have FO or stuff available, but they're both highly efficient QBs. Also both prone to awful int's at the worst time.
Yeah, both throw when they shouldn't sometimes. With old QBs, I'd take the one least likely to get injured, and Rivers takes the cake easily there. Plus Rivers is my favorite player and I would like to see him have a chance to win before he retires and I don't think the Chargers will help him out.
I just looked at Rivers' stats - shit I did not think he was that good. Hoping the same as you now.

Bob loblaw law blog

Bronze

Post by Bob loblaw law blog » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:19 pm

chargers21 wrote:
Yep. It's rivers by a mile at the moment. Romo may well be the better QB but the injury risk is so high for him.

shotgunheist

Bronze

Post by shotgunheist » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:25 pm

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
R. Jeeves wrote:Why fight amongst ourselves? Let's unite and concentrate our vitriol upon on our real enemies - those dogs that post on r/LSAT
R/lawschooladmissions is the group we should hate.

R/LSAT is too dead to even deserve our ire
You say that like everyone here doesn't already at least actively check both for new fresh scoops

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:29 pm

Boston College pulling some TTT level self-promotion in the latest emailing. Talking about going up in the USNWR rankings and other junk journal rankings. Smh

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:29 pm

chargers21 wrote:
I just looked at Rivers' stats - shit I did not think he was that good. Hoping the same as you now.
Rivers -----> Denver FTW

govlife

Bronze

Post by govlife » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:29 pm

Choosing between UT, GULC and my local TTT. Would probably get out of the TTT for under 20k and it's the only law school in the state, but feeling unsure about limiting myself to this state forever. GULC won't be a real option until I get some sort of $ though.

amta

Platinum

Post by amta » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:30 pm

pretzeltime wrote:Hi I'm casting my vote for returning to petty infighting, thanks
you rang

Assasindowntheavenue

Silver

Post by Assasindowntheavenue » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:55 pm

chargers21 wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
Rivers -----> Denver FTW
I would not mind that at all. Specially with our new coach being more about the throwing game + some hopeful fixes to our offensive line. I haven't read much about him leaving Chargers though, only that they re-signed his backup?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Gitaroo_Dude

Silver

Post by Gitaroo_Dude » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:53 pm

Ugh, having a weird pattern play out where all my CA school options aren't turning out as well as I'd hoped. Gonna make staying in-state for personal reasons kinda difficult. What the what, universe?

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Post by Mr_Chukes » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:03 pm

Gitaroo_Dude wrote:Ugh, having a weird pattern play out where all my CA school options aren't turning out as well as I'd hoped. Gonna make staying in-state for personal reasons kinda difficult. What the what, universe?
I only got into one outta state school lol. Notre Dame.

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:22 pm

Gitaroo_Dude wrote:Ugh, having a weird pattern play out where all my CA school options aren't turning out as well as I'd hoped. Gonna make staying in-state for personal reasons kinda difficult. What the what, universe?
Same. Currently I have no choice but to go to school at least four hours away

dasq5511

Bronze

Post by dasq5511 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:42 pm

Is the whole waiting for scholly info thing unbelievably slow or am I just losing my mind?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

speedofthought

New

Post by speedofthought » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:52 pm

dasq5511 wrote:Is the whole waiting for scholly info thing unbelievably slow or am I just losing my mind?
The problem is that this is a "you're only as fast as you're slowest man" situation, you know? Some schools did provide scholarship information quickly, but I won't feel ready to make a final decision until I have information from them all.

Also, how frustrating is it to not have this information when trying to optimize your ASW schedule?

Shakawkaw

Gold

Post by Shakawkaw » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:55 pm

Pozzo wrote:Guys, I just booked a vacation for next month. Best thing I've done for my psyche since I started studying for the LSAT.
Where to? I'm going back and forth with when I want to leave my job, and then if I want to/can spend money on a vacation.

dasq5511

Bronze

Post by dasq5511 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:07 pm

Shakawkaw wrote:
Pozzo wrote:Guys, I just booked a vacation for next month. Best thing I've done for my psyche since I started studying for the LSAT.
Where to? I'm going back and forth with when I want to leave my job, and then if I want to/can spend money on a vacation.
Not OP but I'm doing the typical SE Asia backpacking trip

speedofthought

New

Post by speedofthought » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:13 pm

dasq5511 wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:
Not OP but I'm doing the typical SE Asia backpacking trip
Exciting! I'm also going to SE Asia next month, but just for a week between two countries -- not sure it will count as backpacking. I don't know what you guys are into, but I'm all about taking food tours when I travel. Looking forward to trying lots of new things!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”