TLS c/o 2020 - In #Squad We Trust Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Rate this thread

83%
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

pretzeltime

Gold

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (nu poal)

Post by pretzeltime » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:45 pm

HennessyVSOP wrote:I am 4/4 on acceptances so far, but my top choice is still processing ---- HNGGGGG.

Got into my local regional strongs with a full scholarship, but trying hard to calmly explain to my family that this is not as impressive as it seems and I really need that Tier 2.
congrats on the money honey

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:54 pm

Crazy me is thinking of throwing a last minute app to Yale. Just to see :lol: However, I don't know if I have enough brain juice left in me to come up with the 250...hmmm

Instrumental

Silver

Post by Instrumental » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:59 pm

airwrecka wrote:Crazy me is thinking of throwing a last minute app to Yale. Just to see :lol: However, I don't know if I have enough brain juice left in me to come up with the 250...hmmm
You should go for it. I probably have a better chance playing Powerball numbers but I put one in. :P

proteinshake

Gold

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (NEW POLL)

Post by proteinshake » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:05 pm

Mr_Chukes wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
NotAGolfer wrote:
chargers21 wrote:As a sidenote, I almost feel bad discussing my law school application experience with them because I'm choosing between t14 schools
I've felt the same way, especially if the discussion goes the direction of rankings/employment numbers/scholarships. And my LSAT study process/score. I frequently caveat my convos with "but I'm not saying anything bad about X school and I know several successful people with law degrees from there, including you!" Sometimes I worry I come off snobbish, even though I really try not to be. One of the reasons I like TLS - talking with all of my fellow uber ambitious (sometimes neurotic) applicants makes me feel a bit more sane :)
every time someone brings it up, I'm mostly just like "yeah I'm still waiting to hear back from a bunch of places so idk"
TLS has definitely helped me out with being able to talk to people who have done their research and are educated about the process. And yeah protein, I don't know how many times I've had to tell people that. I got a full ride from my local t25 school, and everyone was like, "why wouldn't you go?!?" And then I got into Duke, and I got the same thing again from everyone. I mean, I'd love to go to Duke, and it's by far one of my top choices, but people aren't aware of how much money Duke costs
edit: Forgot to mention how many people question me taking the LSAT again in February after getting into great schools, including my very sceptical parents who want me to just relax and take out my loans
Jumping in on this convo to say that I feel you all! My mother-in-law and sister-in-law are both attorneys who went to TT law schools and were trying to get me to apply to those schools...and honestly kind of scoff at me when I talk about going to a T14. :roll: I was also talking to an attorney friend of my sister-in-law's this weekend who was like oh yeah, so you could go to (law school he went to--TT) or you could go to (law school associated with my UG university/T25 range) but it would be a lot more money to go to the latter. what he doesn't know is that I've already been offered a full-ride to the latter and will most likely be turning it down to go to a T14. and yeah, I'm retaking in Feb too, which blows everyone's minds haha.

pretty much every day I tell my husband "I feel like I can't talk about law school with anyone without sounding like a snooty asshole!" thankfully he's just like "girl you WORKED FOR IT! you have every right to be proud and you're not bragging by telling people about your excitement." good guy, my husband ;)
Yeah it's crazy I couldn't talk to any of my professors because they didn't understand how much more benefits you get going to a tier one school. They told me I could take a full ride from a t60 school near by. One even told me I could use that scholarship to negotiate with USC. He is an lawyer as well. At that moment I knew I was right about not taking any of his advice before. I love having people on this site to talk to and you guys educate me more and more. Thank you guys!
LOL I had the complete opposite experience with my professor:

prof: "so what are you doing post-grad"

me: "law school"

prof: "where are you going? Yale? Stanford?"

me: "ummm I'm aiming a little bit lower than that"

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:09 pm

proteinshake wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
NotAGolfer wrote:
chargers21 wrote:As a sidenote, I almost feel bad discussing my law school application experience with them because I'm choosing between t14 schools
I've felt the same way, especially if the discussion goes the direction of rankings/employment numbers/scholarships. And my LSAT study process/score. I frequently caveat my convos with "but I'm not saying anything bad about X school and I know several successful people with law degrees from there, including you!" Sometimes I worry I come off snobbish, even though I really try not to be. One of the reasons I like TLS - talking with all of my fellow uber ambitious (sometimes neurotic) applicants makes me feel a bit more sane :)
every time someone brings it up, I'm mostly just like "yeah I'm still waiting to hear back from a bunch of places so idk"
TLS has definitely helped me out with being able to talk to people who have done their research and are educated about the process. And yeah protein, I don't know how many times I've had to tell people that. I got a full ride from my local t25 school, and everyone was like, "why wouldn't you go?!?" And then I got into Duke, and I got the same thing again from everyone. I mean, I'd love to go to Duke, and it's by far one of my top choices, but people aren't aware of how much money Duke costs
edit: Forgot to mention how many people question me taking the LSAT again in February after getting into great schools, including my very sceptical parents who want me to just relax and take out my loans
Jumping in on this convo to say that I feel you all! My mother-in-law and sister-in-law are both attorneys who went to TT law schools and were trying to get me to apply to those schools...and honestly kind of scoff at me when I talk about going to a T14. :roll: I was also talking to an attorney friend of my sister-in-law's this weekend who was like oh yeah, so you could go to (law school he went to--TT) or you could go to (law school associated with my UG university/T25 range) but it would be a lot more money to go to the latter. what he doesn't know is that I've already been offered a full-ride to the latter and will most likely be turning it down to go to a T14. and yeah, I'm retaking in Feb too, which blows everyone's minds haha.

pretty much every day I tell my husband "I feel like I can't talk about law school with anyone without sounding like a snooty asshole!" thankfully he's just like "girl you WORKED FOR IT! you have every right to be proud and you're not bragging by telling people about your excitement." good guy, my husband ;)
Yeah it's crazy I couldn't talk to any of my professors because they didn't understand how much more benefits you get going to a tier one school. They told me I could take a full ride from a t60 school near by. One even told me I could use that scholarship to negotiate with USC. He is an lawyer as well. At that moment I knew I was right about not taking any of his advice before. I love having people on this site to talk to and you guys educate me more and more. Thank you guys!
LOL I had the complete opposite experience with my professor:

prof: "so what are you doing post-grad"

me: "law school"

prof: "where are you going? Yale? Stanford?"

me: "ummm I'm aiming a little bit lower than that"
Didn't have a convo with any professors but the law school advisor at my school literally couldn't believe people with a GPA like mine could get into top-ranked schools and was encouraging me to apply to schools that actually matched my numbers in their median/75th. Glad I found TLS or I would've been at like... a T50 somewhere when I was able to get into a T10 lol.

Edit: and had no idea about the "URM boost."
Last edited by brinicolec on Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ponderingmeerkat

Gold

Post by ponderingmeerkat » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:10 pm

HennessyVSOP wrote:I am 4/4 on acceptances so far, but my top choice is still processing ---- HNGGGGG.

Got into my local regional strongs with a full scholarship, but trying hard to calmly explain to my family that this is not as impressive as it seems and I really need that Tier 2.
Congrats brotha...it's great seeing you rewarded with fantastic results! 8)

Hennessy

Gold

Post by Hennessy » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:36 pm

pretzeltime wrote:

Thx yung pretz

How's your cycle going so far?

Hennessy

Gold

Post by Hennessy » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:36 pm

ponderingmeerkat wrote:

yo thanks son

how are your apps pending?

pretzeltime

Gold

Post by pretzeltime » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:37 pm

HennessyVSOP wrote:
pretzeltime wrote:

Thx yung pretz

How's your cycle going so far?
slow but good! waiting on most $ info.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ponderingmeerkat

Gold

Post by ponderingmeerkat » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:40 pm

HennessyVSOP wrote:
ponderingmeerkat wrote:

yo thanks son

how are your apps pending?
GTG man. Accepted an offer of admission to UVA in November. Been coasting since. 8)

Hennessy

Gold

Post by Hennessy » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:48 pm

ponderingmeerkat wrote:
GTG man. Accepted an offer of admission to UVA in November. Been coasting since. 8)
damn dope

$$?

throw some change my way when u start making that 180k

ponderingmeerkat

Gold

Post by ponderingmeerkat » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:54 pm

HennessyVSOP wrote:
ponderingmeerkat wrote:
damn dope

$$?

throw some change my way when u start making that 180k
I'm one of those assholes with a GI Bill. So, I was able to consider "great school/great location" in a vacuum as opposed to worrying about $$.

Hope you end up at your dream school dude. I can only imagine how well you'd thrive in an environment like the one you'd get there. Keep us all in the loop and kick some ass man!

waldorf

Gold

Post by waldorf » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:09 pm

Just got waitlisted at a school that I am above both 75ths at. Kinda sad/blow to my self-esteem.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Instrumental

Silver

Post by Instrumental » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:17 pm

sjs12 wrote:Just got waitlisted at a school that I am above both 75ths at. Kinda sad/blow to my self-esteem.
Maybe they're worried you're too good for em. I see WL as still being in the mix. Don't be down on yourself!

R. Jeeves

Gold

Post by R. Jeeves » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:20 pm

amta wrote:greetings waiters. it is PW friday. you know what that means. PW everyone!!!
valiant effort

Instrumental

Silver

Re: TLS c/o 2020 Applicants (taking poll suggestions)

Post by Instrumental » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:26 pm

Ya gotta lead by example if you want that stuff to happen.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:28 pm

2 truths and an "alternative fact"

Readygo

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

amta

Platinum

Post by amta » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:30 pm

R. Jeeves wrote:
amta wrote:greetings waiters. it is PW friday. you know what that means. PW everyone!!!
valiant effort
you guys talk way too much about law school for me to hang out here.

Hennessy

Gold

Post by Hennessy » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:42 pm

ponderingmeerkat wrote:
I'm one of those assholes with a GI Bill. So, I was able to consider "great school/great location" in a vacuum as opposed to worrying about $$.

Hope you end up at your dream school dude. I can only imagine how well you'd thrive in an environment like the one you'd get there. Keep us all in the loop and kick some ass man!
thx b / thank you for your service

CPA-->JD

Bronze

Post by CPA-->JD » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:48 pm

Can someone please accept me already??! So worried that my app just sucks :(

RParadela

Silver

Post by RParadela » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:12 pm

CPA-->JD wrote:Can someone please accept me already??! So worried that my app just sucks :(
I'm in the same boat. Other than FSU, I haven't even gotten an interview invite since I went complete after the Dec scores

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

CPA-->JD

Bronze

Post by CPA-->JD » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:40 pm

RParadela wrote:
CPA-->JD wrote:Can someone please accept me already??! So worried that my app just sucks :(
I'm in the same boat. Other than FSU, I haven't even gotten an interview invite since I went complete after the Dec scores
It's the worst. I think we still have a long wait ahead of us unfortunately.

ashrice13

Gold

Post by ashrice13 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:02 pm

Instrumental wrote:Ya gotta lead by example if you want that stuff to happen.
+ 1

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Post by SybillAnnDorsett » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:14 pm

Serious question:

MacBook Pro, MacBook, or Air?
HELP.

S.Picquery

Silver

Post by S.Picquery » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:17 pm

mm2368 wrote:Serious question:

MacBook Pro, MacBook, or Air?
HELP.
Wait til March/April when the next gen comes out, and then decide. Make your life less expensive. Also, don't get the current pro if you want a USB port.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”