University of Chicago Waitlist c/o 2019 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
James.K.Polk

Silver

Re: University of Chicago Waitlist c/o 2019

Post by James.K.Polk » Wed May 25, 2016 1:54 pm

pdevastey wrote:
12ozdixiecup wrote:
pdevastey wrote:If anyone was wait-listed after an interview, did the interviewer ask if you have given a seat deposit at any other schools? I answered truthfully but i feel like i should have told them no and lie.
Lying=bad.
They figure people are depositing elsewhere. Its the nature of the game.
but them asking takes all of my leverage.
Shouldn't really matter, it isn't good practice whatsoever to lie to admissions. Besides, they would be quite suspicious if you hadn't made a seat deposit anywhere at this point.

12ozdixiecup

New

Post by 12ozdixiecup » Wed May 25, 2016 1:59 pm

pdevastey wrote:
12ozdixiecup wrote:
pdevastey wrote:If anyone was wait-listed after an interview, did the interviewer ask if you have given a seat deposit at any other schools? I answered truthfully but i feel like i should have told them no and lie.
Lying=bad.
I don't think so as long as you tell them that Chicago is your top choice and you'd drop the other school if admitted there (if this is true).

pdevastey

New

Post by pdevastey » Wed May 25, 2016 2:06 pm

12ozdixiecup wrote:
pdevastey wrote:
12ozdixiecup wrote:
Lying=bad.
I don't think so as long as you tell them that Chicago is your top choice and you'd drop the other school if admitted there (if this is true).
if it isn't relevant and is suspicious then why would they ask? If it is somewhat assumed that this late most people will have already made a deposit.
I felt like they wanted people they feel are more guaranteed to enroll. Just because something is a top choice doesn't mean you are guaranteed to get them if the money isn't right. but i probably would have been wait-listed in any event so i suppose it is irrelevant.

genericwit

Bronze

Post by genericwit » Wed May 25, 2016 3:43 pm

12ozdixiecup wrote:
pdevastey wrote:
12ozdixiecup wrote:
Lying=bad.
Agreed. I even mentioned in one of my LOCIs that I've had to deposit elsewhere, because my Chicago dream is secondary to my law dream, which is true. I don't know anyone who would say, "IT'S CHICAGO OR I'M GOING STRAIGHT TO THE MCDONALDS COUNTER UNTIL NEXT CYCLE!"

KMart

Gold

Post by KMart » Fri May 27, 2016 1:35 am

They can run a report and see where you deposited. My guess is if you lie that'll look bad.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

PrayFor170

Bronze

Post by PrayFor170 » Fri May 27, 2016 3:11 pm

When I got the waitlist email, they specified that I could write one essay and submit before 04/19. I have submitted one, and judging by their tone, I'm wondering if it's wise to send out another LOCI.

My friend has sent 3 LOCIs to one school and she got admitted a week ago. I'm not sure if I can do the same to Chicago. Anyone has any ideas on this?

KMart

Gold

Post by KMart » Fri May 27, 2016 7:52 pm

PrayFor170 wrote:When I got the waitlist email, they specified that I could write one essay and submit before 04/19. I have submitted one, and judging by their tone, I'm wondering if it's wise to send out another LOCI.

My friend has sent 3 LOCIs to one school and she got admitted a week ago. I'm not sure if I can do the same to Chicago. Anyone has any ideas on this?
I sent a LOCI every other month or so throughout the application process. They'll just say the same one sentence response to you but it helps show interest. If you want to go, send a sincere letter. Don't write it if it's not your first choice because they'll be able to tell and it'll just be a waste of time. They want people who, if admitted, will attend. If that's you, go ahead and tell them that. If it's not, don't waste your time and enjoy your time before law school :).

PrayFor170

Bronze

Post by PrayFor170 » Mon May 30, 2016 9:40 am

Has anyone received any update info about Chicago waitlist? At least in the past month, GULC, UVA and Duke kept sending me emails with update, but I've never heard anything from Chicago despite my since LOCI and my visit. They were supposed to send us emails and confirm if we're willing ride the WL in summer.

PlanetExpress

New

Post by PlanetExpress » Mon May 30, 2016 7:42 pm

PrayFor170 wrote:Has anyone received any update info about Chicago waitlist? At least in the past month, GULC, UVA and Duke kept sending me emails with update, but I've never heard anything from Chicago despite my since LOCI and my visit. They were supposed to send us emails and confirm if we're willing ride the WL in summer.
Same boat, I also have not heard anything from them. My guess is that there hasn't been much movement, if any, on their WL yet.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

James.K.Polk

Silver

Post by James.K.Polk » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:42 pm

PlanetExpress wrote:
PrayFor170 wrote:Has anyone received any update info about Chicago waitlist? At least in the past month, GULC, UVA and Duke kept sending me emails with update, but I've never heard anything from Chicago despite my since LOCI and my visit. They were supposed to send us emails and confirm if we're willing ride the WL in summer.
Same boat, I also have not heard anything from them. My guess is that there hasn't been much movement, if any, on their WL yet.
Any news? Any feeler calls or emails? Seems like every other school has at least begun looking. Graduation isn't for another week, but last year their was movement in late May...

12ozdixiecup

New

Post by 12ozdixiecup » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:15 am

James.K.Polk wrote:
PlanetExpress wrote:
Any news? Any feeler calls or emails? Seems like every other school has at least begun looking. Graduation isn't for another week, but last year their was movement in late May...
Radio silence

kalifornia

New

Post by kalifornia » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:27 pm

Any signs of life here?

BananaSplit626

New

Post by BananaSplit626 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:10 am

kalifornia wrote:Any signs of life here?
None..... anyone make a phone call or email lately?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

12ozdixiecup

New

Post by 12ozdixiecup » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:39 am

BananaSplit626 wrote:
How long are people going to ride this out? I've got to sign a lease for elsewhere and might just have to call it quits.

mjsjr

New

Post by mjsjr » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:04 am

12ozdixiecup wrote:
BananaSplit626 wrote:
How long are people going to ride this out? I've got to sign a lease for elsewhere and might just have to call it quits.
Same situation here. Love the school but it seems as though they're full at the moment. I'm guessing they'll only offer a small amount of seats from here on if a student of their's withdraws. I'm obviously speculating a great deal but I can't imagine they would keep quiet so long if they had seats to fill.

Edit: At this point I'm continuing on as if I have no other options. It's important--for me anyways-- to get excited about the great opportunity I actually have and to quit pining over something that isn't a real thing at the moment.

Loney M. Setnick

Bronze

Post by Loney M. Setnick » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:03 pm

No signs of life. I don't have to sign a lease until the end of July/first week of August, so I'll wait it out until then.

jpmk

New

Post by jpmk » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:41 pm

anyone send in that supplementry 2 page essay they requested in their waitlist email?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

manuelsig

New

Post by manuelsig » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:45 pm

jpmk wrote:anyone send in that supplementry 2 page essay they requested in their waitlist email?
I did - they confirmed receipt but I haven't heard anything since then.

12ozdixiecup

New

Post by 12ozdixiecup » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:51 pm

manuelsig wrote:
jpmk wrote:anyone send in that supplementry 2 page essay they requested in their waitlist email?
I did - they confirmed receipt but I haven't heard anything since then.
Same.

jpmk

New

Post by jpmk » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:50 pm

Anyone have any contact?

Loney M. Setnick

Bronze

Post by Loney M. Setnick » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:46 am

jpmk wrote:Anyone have any contact?
Nothing.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

frozencavemanlawyer8

New

Post by frozencavemanlawyer8 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:54 pm

Bit the bullet and sent an email. Was told they hope to have decisions sent out within the next two weeks. So if you've made it this far, strap it down, and hold out a few more weeks or so.

BananaSplit626

New

Post by BananaSplit626 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:59 am

frozencavemanlawyer8 wrote:Bit the bullet and sent an email. Was told they hope to have decisions sent out within the next two weeks. So if you've made it this far, strap it down, and hold out a few more weeks or so.
Great intel! Good luck to everyone still hanging in there

bellazhan2015

New

Post by bellazhan2015 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:25 am

Any calling waitlisters for interviews :?:

calgoldenbear

Bronze

Post by calgoldenbear » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:46 pm

Any of you on here attending Northwestern but hoping to get off this waitlist? I would think Chicago has a stronger pull on taking admits from Northwestern because of location, so just wondering.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”