EMORY WAITLIST Class of 2019 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
LandMermaid

Bronze

Re: EMORY WAITLIST Class of 2019

Post by LandMermaid » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:53 pm

dewycox wrote:Anyone else offended that they never sent a decision? Have been waiting to sign a lease and missed out on a few apartments. Wasn't orientation this week?
Orientation was last week and classes started Monday. FWIW I was waitlisted at a few schools and didn't receive final notice for any of them, and have a friend who said similarly. I think the general assumption is you fully plan on going elsewhere and only change course if you happen to get off, since waitlist admission is somewhat black-boxy and there's no guarantee of hearing any final decision.

splitterfromhell

Silver

Post by splitterfromhell » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:29 am

Post removed.
Last edited by splitterfromhell on Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dewycox

New

Post by dewycox » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:38 am

Before reading this here, I heard multiple other places at this forum that schools will only send a final decision. I don't get why they wouldn't..., it's really not that hard. I'm sure they don't care about my opinion, but I certainly think less of them for it.

bmathers

Silver

Post by bmathers » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:17 pm

I forgot that I had not withdrawn from Emory yet and received a final email the other day, saying orientation has started and they were unable to offer me admission this cycle.

In gmail, it did not make my primary inbox. I almost missed it. (It made either my "social" or "promotions" inbox)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”