Page 3 of 4

Re: UVA Law Wait-List 2015-2016 (Class of 2019)

Posted: Thu May 12, 2016 9:35 pm
by politicaljungle
Got off the WL on Monday and they're definitely not offering any merit aid.

Good luck to everyone!

Re: UVA Law Wait-List 2015-2016 (Class of 2019)

Posted: Fri May 13, 2016 8:46 am
by BirdLawExpert
Congrats, Jungle! Good to know re:merit aid.

Re: UVA Law Wait-List 2015-2016 (Class of 2019)

Posted: Mon May 16, 2016 2:53 pm
by ehhh
Another email update today. I'm wondering how often we should be reminding them that we're still interested. I sent a proper LOCI about a month ago, and a quick "I'm still interested" to one of their check-in emails, but this recent update seems like it's soliciting another one...

Re: UVA Law Wait-List 2015-2016 (Class of 2019)

Posted: Wed May 18, 2016 12:18 am
by labergel
Hey all, I have a quick question. I was accepted off the waitlist last wednesday and I deposited today (last day to confirm deposit). My question is if I am allowed to keep my first deposit status at cornell law or if I have to email them to tell them I am no longer interested in attending the school (Still indecisive at the moment though).

The UVA page on making a deposit seems to indicate that I can't have deposits at both. Does that just mean I can't deposit at both on June 1st? Here is the page: http://lawnotes2.law.virginia.edu/busin ... onsDeposit

Re: UVA Law Wait-List 2015-2016 (Class of 2019)

Posted: Wed May 18, 2016 10:53 am
by BirdLawExpert
labergel wrote:Hey all, I have a quick question. I was accepted off the waitlist last wednesday and I deposited today (last day to confirm deposit). My question is if I am allowed to keep my first deposit status at cornell law or if I have to email them to tell them I am no longer interested in attending the school (Still indecisive at the moment though).

The UVA page on making a deposit seems to indicate that I can't have deposits at both. Does that just mean I can't deposit at both on June 1st? Here is the page: http://lawnotes2.law.virginia.edu/busin ... onsDeposit


The wording seems to indicate that UVA can revoke your admission any time on or after May 18 if you are double deposited and have not notified either institution of your intent to enroll.

This does not affect other schools at which you might be waitlisted, but if you're still deciding between UVA and Cornell I'd do so quickly. I don't know what Cornell's policy is regarding double deposits but you wouldn't want to lose both seats in the event that they have the same policy.

Re: UVA Law Wait-List 2015-2016 (Class of 2019)

Posted: Mon May 23, 2016 11:40 am
by darkchildnana
anyone hear anything other than the standard update emails?

Re: UVA Law Wait-List 2015-2016 (Class of 2019)

Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:36 pm
by trenhardeatclen
Looks like there will be some offers next week.

Re: UVA Law Wait-List 2015-2016 (Class of 2019)

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:54 am
by BirdLawExpert
Someone I know received an offer and a scholarship, but I don't really know specifics about when it happened. Could be this week or sometime in the past few weeks.

Re: UVA Law Wait-List 2015-2016 (Class of 2019)

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:00 am
by OtterLaw
BirdLawExpert wrote:Someone I know received an offer and a scholarship, but I don't really know specifics about when it happened. Could be this week or sometime in the past few weeks.


Dang man, when I saw you were the poster I was hoping you got in today! Still crossing my fingers for you man. We need to be classmates.

Re: UVA Law Wait-List 2015-2016 (Class of 2019)

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:03 am
by BirdLawExpert
OtterLaw wrote:Dang man, when I saw you were the poster I was hoping you got in today! Still crossing my fingers for you man. We need to be classmates.


Appreciate it, man! I'm still trying to stay focused on wherever I'm committing, but it's hard to not worry about UVA all of the time since I don't have much else to do haha.

Re: UVA Law Wait-List 2015-2016 (Class of 2019)

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:20 am
by thanksmeatcat
Just wanted to share I'm a splitter who was recently admitted off the waitlist. Good luck to everyone else, feel free to PM for details!

Re: UVA Law Wait-List 2015-2016 (Class of 2019)

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:30 am
by BirdLawExpert
thanksmeatcat wrote:Just wanted to share I'm a splitter who was recently admitted off the waitlist. Good luck to everyone else, feel free to PM for details!


Congrats! PM sent.

Re: UVA Law Wait-List 2015-2016 (Class of 2019)

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:55 pm
by BirdLawExpert
Anyone else hear anything this week?

Re: UVA Law Wait-List 2015-2016 (Class of 2019)

Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:00 pm
by manuelsig
Is the application status checker active anymore? I've been hovering at "Waitlisted: Final Decision Pending since late March.

Congrats to all the recent admits!

Re: UVA Law Wait-List 2015-2016 (Class of 2019)

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:09 pm
by darkchildnana
anyone hear anything towards the end of last week or yesterday? based on the email they sent on the 2nd, I was expecting a little more movement

Re: UVA Law Wait-List 2015-2016 (Class of 2019)

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:50 pm
by BirdLawExpert
Cordel, why do you have to send emails like that and hurt my heart :cry:

Re: UVA Law Wait-List 2015-2016 (Class of 2019)

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:51 pm
by darkchildnana
BirdLawExpert wrote:Cordel, why do you have to send emails like that and hurt my heart :cry:


+1000 :(

Re: UVA Law Wait-List 2015-2016 (Class of 2019)

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:33 pm
by byeby40
What did the email say?? :|

Re: UVA Law Wait-List 2015-2016 (Class of 2019)

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:43 pm
by BirdLawExpert
byeby40 wrote:What did the email say?? :|

No offers going out for 7-14 days.

Re: UVA Law Wait-List 2015-2016 (Class of 2019)

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:28 pm
by lawyersHATEhim
BirdLawExpert wrote:
byeby40 wrote:What did the email say?? :|

No offers going out for 7-14 days.

I interpreted it as not many offers.

Re: UVA Law Wait-List 2015-2016 (Class of 2019)

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:09 pm
by BirdLawExpert
lawyersHATEhim wrote:
BirdLawExpert wrote:
byeby40 wrote:What did the email say?? :|

No offers going out for 7-14 days.

I interpreted it as not many offers.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst and such.

Re: UVA Law Wait-List 2015-2016 (Class of 2019)

Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:04 am
by darkchildnana
has anybody heard anything?

Re: UVA Law Wait-List 2015-2016 (Class of 2019)

Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:44 pm
by BirdLawExpert
darkchildnana wrote:has anybody heard anything?


Nope. Our main man Cordel is making us sweat before they cut us all from the WL :cry:

Re: UVA Law Wait-List 2015-2016 (Class of 2019)

Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:48 pm
by manuelsig
BirdLawExpert wrote:
darkchildnana wrote:has anybody heard anything?


Nope. Our main man Cordel is making us sweat before they cut us all from the WL :cry:


Ballad for the Waitlist
http://youtu.be/W_9RaWjCBu8

.

Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:21 pm
by hunt godlink
.