UVA Law Wait-List 2015-2016 (Class of 2019)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
politicaljungle
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 8:56 pm

Re: UVA Law Wait-List 2015-2016 (Class of 2019)

Postby politicaljungle » Thu May 12, 2016 9:35 pm

Got off the WL on Monday and they're definitely not offering any merit aid.

Good luck to everyone!

User avatar
BirdLawExpert
Posts: 3134
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:09 pm

Re: UVA Law Wait-List 2015-2016 (Class of 2019)

Postby BirdLawExpert » Fri May 13, 2016 8:46 am

Congrats, Jungle! Good to know re:merit aid.

ehhh
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:55 pm

Re: UVA Law Wait-List 2015-2016 (Class of 2019)

Postby ehhh » Mon May 16, 2016 2:53 pm

Another email update today. I'm wondering how often we should be reminding them that we're still interested. I sent a proper LOCI about a month ago, and a quick "I'm still interested" to one of their check-in emails, but this recent update seems like it's soliciting another one...

labergel
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:33 pm

Re: UVA Law Wait-List 2015-2016 (Class of 2019)

Postby labergel » Wed May 18, 2016 12:18 am

Hey all, I have a quick question. I was accepted off the waitlist last wednesday and I deposited today (last day to confirm deposit). My question is if I am allowed to keep my first deposit status at cornell law or if I have to email them to tell them I am no longer interested in attending the school (Still indecisive at the moment though).

The UVA page on making a deposit seems to indicate that I can't have deposits at both. Does that just mean I can't deposit at both on June 1st? Here is the page: http://lawnotes2.law.virginia.edu/busin ... onsDeposit

User avatar
BirdLawExpert
Posts: 3134
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:09 pm

Re: UVA Law Wait-List 2015-2016 (Class of 2019)

Postby BirdLawExpert » Wed May 18, 2016 10:53 am

labergel wrote:Hey all, I have a quick question. I was accepted off the waitlist last wednesday and I deposited today (last day to confirm deposit). My question is if I am allowed to keep my first deposit status at cornell law or if I have to email them to tell them I am no longer interested in attending the school (Still indecisive at the moment though).

The UVA page on making a deposit seems to indicate that I can't have deposits at both. Does that just mean I can't deposit at both on June 1st? Here is the page: http://lawnotes2.law.virginia.edu/busin ... onsDeposit


The wording seems to indicate that UVA can revoke your admission any time on or after May 18 if you are double deposited and have not notified either institution of your intent to enroll.

This does not affect other schools at which you might be waitlisted, but if you're still deciding between UVA and Cornell I'd do so quickly. I don't know what Cornell's policy is regarding double deposits but you wouldn't want to lose both seats in the event that they have the same policy.

User avatar
darkchildnana
Posts: 277
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:52 pm

Re: UVA Law Wait-List 2015-2016 (Class of 2019)

Postby darkchildnana » Mon May 23, 2016 11:40 am

anyone hear anything other than the standard update emails?

User avatar
trenhardeatclen
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:21 pm

Re: UVA Law Wait-List 2015-2016 (Class of 2019)

Postby trenhardeatclen » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:36 pm

Looks like there will be some offers next week.

User avatar
BirdLawExpert
Posts: 3134
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:09 pm

Re: UVA Law Wait-List 2015-2016 (Class of 2019)

Postby BirdLawExpert » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:54 am

Someone I know received an offer and a scholarship, but I don't really know specifics about when it happened. Could be this week or sometime in the past few weeks.

User avatar
OtterLaw
Posts: 615
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:50 pm

Re: UVA Law Wait-List 2015-2016 (Class of 2019)

Postby OtterLaw » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:00 am

BirdLawExpert wrote:Someone I know received an offer and a scholarship, but I don't really know specifics about when it happened. Could be this week or sometime in the past few weeks.


Dang man, when I saw you were the poster I was hoping you got in today! Still crossing my fingers for you man. We need to be classmates.

User avatar
BirdLawExpert
Posts: 3134
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:09 pm

Re: UVA Law Wait-List 2015-2016 (Class of 2019)

Postby BirdLawExpert » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:03 am

OtterLaw wrote:Dang man, when I saw you were the poster I was hoping you got in today! Still crossing my fingers for you man. We need to be classmates.


Appreciate it, man! I'm still trying to stay focused on wherever I'm committing, but it's hard to not worry about UVA all of the time since I don't have much else to do haha.

User avatar
thanksmeatcat
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:48 pm

Re: UVA Law Wait-List 2015-2016 (Class of 2019)

Postby thanksmeatcat » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:20 am

Just wanted to share I'm a splitter who was recently admitted off the waitlist. Good luck to everyone else, feel free to PM for details!

User avatar
BirdLawExpert
Posts: 3134
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:09 pm

Re: UVA Law Wait-List 2015-2016 (Class of 2019)

Postby BirdLawExpert » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:30 am

thanksmeatcat wrote:Just wanted to share I'm a splitter who was recently admitted off the waitlist. Good luck to everyone else, feel free to PM for details!


Congrats! PM sent.

User avatar
BirdLawExpert
Posts: 3134
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:09 pm

Re: UVA Law Wait-List 2015-2016 (Class of 2019)

Postby BirdLawExpert » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:55 pm

Anyone else hear anything this week?

User avatar
manuelsig
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:02 am

Re: UVA Law Wait-List 2015-2016 (Class of 2019)

Postby manuelsig » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:00 pm

Is the application status checker active anymore? I've been hovering at "Waitlisted: Final Decision Pending since late March.

Congrats to all the recent admits!

User avatar
darkchildnana
Posts: 277
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:52 pm

Re: UVA Law Wait-List 2015-2016 (Class of 2019)

Postby darkchildnana » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:09 pm

anyone hear anything towards the end of last week or yesterday? based on the email they sent on the 2nd, I was expecting a little more movement

User avatar
BirdLawExpert
Posts: 3134
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:09 pm

Re: UVA Law Wait-List 2015-2016 (Class of 2019)

Postby BirdLawExpert » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:50 pm

Cordel, why do you have to send emails like that and hurt my heart :cry:

User avatar
darkchildnana
Posts: 277
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:52 pm

Re: UVA Law Wait-List 2015-2016 (Class of 2019)

Postby darkchildnana » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:51 pm

BirdLawExpert wrote:Cordel, why do you have to send emails like that and hurt my heart :cry:


+1000 :(

byeby40
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:28 pm

Re: UVA Law Wait-List 2015-2016 (Class of 2019)

Postby byeby40 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:33 pm

What did the email say?? :|

User avatar
BirdLawExpert
Posts: 3134
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:09 pm

Re: UVA Law Wait-List 2015-2016 (Class of 2019)

Postby BirdLawExpert » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:43 pm

byeby40 wrote:What did the email say?? :|

No offers going out for 7-14 days.

lawyersHATEhim
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:52 pm

Re: UVA Law Wait-List 2015-2016 (Class of 2019)

Postby lawyersHATEhim » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:28 pm

BirdLawExpert wrote:
byeby40 wrote:What did the email say?? :|

No offers going out for 7-14 days.

I interpreted it as not many offers.

User avatar
BirdLawExpert
Posts: 3134
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:09 pm

Re: UVA Law Wait-List 2015-2016 (Class of 2019)

Postby BirdLawExpert » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:09 pm

lawyersHATEhim wrote:
BirdLawExpert wrote:
byeby40 wrote:What did the email say?? :|

No offers going out for 7-14 days.

I interpreted it as not many offers.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst and such.

User avatar
darkchildnana
Posts: 277
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:52 pm

Re: UVA Law Wait-List 2015-2016 (Class of 2019)

Postby darkchildnana » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:04 am

has anybody heard anything?

User avatar
BirdLawExpert
Posts: 3134
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:09 pm

Re: UVA Law Wait-List 2015-2016 (Class of 2019)

Postby BirdLawExpert » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:44 pm

darkchildnana wrote:has anybody heard anything?


Nope. Our main man Cordel is making us sweat before they cut us all from the WL :cry:

User avatar
manuelsig
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:02 am

Re: UVA Law Wait-List 2015-2016 (Class of 2019)

Postby manuelsig » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:48 pm

BirdLawExpert wrote:
darkchildnana wrote:has anybody heard anything?


Nope. Our main man Cordel is making us sweat before they cut us all from the WL :cry:


Ballad for the Waitlist
http://youtu.be/W_9RaWjCBu8

hunt godlink
Posts: 125
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:39 pm

.

Postby hunt godlink » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:21 pm

.
Last edited by hunt godlink on Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AaronCarter, katie95, Piggy11, sorence, Yahoo [Bot] and 9 guests