University of Tennessee c/o 2019 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lexisennnn

New

Re: University of Tennessee c/o 2019 Applicants

Post by lexisennnn » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:21 pm

I went complete on 1/7 and still haven't heard anything yet as well!

bmathers

Silver

Post by bmathers » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:49 am

I will finally be going complete during this coming week. Does anyone know how UTK admissions are this late?? Should I hear back in a week or so, or do they have a more extensive process that takes many weeks? Knoxville seems likes fun town, decent school, and would be awesome for my dog (ugh, I feel like a parent, finding a good place for him is up there on my criteria, hence not applying to Temple).

AlexandraHope

Bronze

Post by AlexandraHope » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:43 am

bmathers wrote:I will finally be going complete during this coming week. Does anyone know how UTK admissions are this late?? Should I hear back in a week or so, or do they have a more extensive process that takes many weeks? Knoxville seems likes fun town, decent school, and would be awesome for my dog (ugh, I feel like a parent, finding a good place for him is up there on my criteria, hence not applying to Temple).
Things I need to know when does the application close.

HP15

New

Post by HP15 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:06 pm

bmathers wrote:I will finally be going complete during this coming week. Does anyone know how UTK admissions are this late?? Should I hear back in a week or so, or do they have a more extensive process that takes many weeks? Knoxville seems likes fun town, decent school, and would be awesome for my dog (ugh, I feel like a parent, finding a good place for him is up there on my criteria, hence not applying to Temple).
I have been under review since 1/25. I would assume it would take more than a week for you to hear back, but your stats can also lead to a quicker turn around, if they're high for UTK.

ashleyh

New

Post by ashleyh » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:30 pm

I just got the call I was admitted on Thursday!

My timeline went like this

submitted 2/5
UR 2/8
UR 2/25
Acceptance call around 4 pm est 2/25

It said I was still under review the date just changed the day that I got the call. Hope you hear back soon!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

vware1

New

Post by vware1 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:43 pm

Mine went In review on 1/26.

No date change.

No phone call. Anyone been in limbo with UTK this long? Should I call/email admissions or just let it ride?

HP15

New

Post by HP15 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:06 pm

vware1 wrote:Mine went In review on 1/26.

No date change.

No phone call. Anyone been in limbo with UTK this long? Should I call/email admissions or just let it ride?
I've been under review since 1/25. No date change or anything.

forlornhope

New

Post by forlornhope » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:16 pm

HP15

New

Post by HP15 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:22 pm

Really hoping I hear something from UTK this week. Seems like there have been several people with similar numbers on LSN that applied after me but have already been accepted.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

vware1

New

Post by vware1 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:12 am

HP15 wrote:

No date change.

Still nothing from UTK. Idk how accurate law school numbers and some posts on here are but it seems to be a two month turnaround unless you really blow them away. Hopefully I'll hear something this week or next.

Any alum that can provide insight?

lawyersHATEhim

New

Post by lawyersHATEhim » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:11 pm

vware1 wrote:
HP15 wrote:

No date change.

Still nothing from UTK. Idk how accurate law school numbers and some posts on here are but it seems to be a two month turnaround unless you really blow them away. Hopefully I'll hear something this week or next.

Any alum that can provide insight?
My turnaround was a week, but lots of alumni in the fam and 169 lsat. Does anyone know about when scholarships will go out?

lexisennnn

New

Post by lexisennnn » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:07 pm

Hi all-- I just wanted to update. I submitted everything on 1/7, went complete 1/9, got my acceptance call on 2/25. I checked the status checker thing after that and it still said I was still in review. During the call they said that I was being offered a scholarship and that I'd receive that info and an official acceptance letter in a few days. Got it all about 3-4 days later.

Dawg57

Bronze

Post by Dawg57 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:22 pm

BUMP /
Just going to leave this here for awhile...

UTK C/O 2019

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Lbeth91

New

Post by Lbeth91 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:49 pm

I know admitted student day topics are in a different section, but are any of the accepted people here going to the ASD on April 1st?

bmathers

Silver

Post by bmathers » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:24 am

So, after my Feb LSAT score (153), UTK rejected me. However, they just received my June LSAT score (158) and called me this morning, asking if I wanted to be reconsidered. I already had decided that I am going to hold-off another year and reapply at the beginning of next cycle (as well as retake, again, on September 24).

I have driven through Knoxville a number of times, on my way to Atlanta. My question is, how is the UTK campus and law building?? I know that it's a particularly dog-friendly city, which is great b/c I have a border collie that will be with me.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”