University of Illinois c/o 2019 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Are you going to ASW?

Yes I'm going to be attending.
13
41%
No, I'm doing an independent visit.
6
19%
Not going to visit at all.
6
19%
Undecided.
7
22%
 
Total votes: 32

User avatar
FreeTheChief
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:21 pm

Re: University of Illinois c/o 2019 Applicants

Postby FreeTheChief » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:48 am

Thanks Chardee_MacDennis and illegallad for the insight, exactly what I was looking for.

bievmic
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon May 06, 2013 4:52 am

Re: University of Illinois c/o 2019 Applicants

Postby bievmic » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:02 am

I think that if things remained unchanged for another decade then yes it would start hurting the school but at this point I dont see it having much impact on hiring. There is still a large base of alumni in positions to hire graduates of the school. Also I believe that the school is doing what it can to raise the numbers. They are being very generous with scholarships to those above the medians. I believe that's why we are seeing long wait times on decisions. It seems they are trying to get a good idea of what the applicant pool looks like before making decisions so that they can get a better sense of who to admit to create a stronger class. I think we would be seeing more effectiveness out of these measures if we weren't currently seeing a drop in applications nation wide. And you can see that the smaller applicant pool is affecting even some of the schools at the lower end of the t14. I'm not saying that the school is well on its way to being right back where it once was. It was very inopportune for this to happen just as what is perhaps the largest drop in law school attendance in history began, but I think worrying about a mostly superficial ranking because the school only rose one rank is a little paranoid when you look at the national landscape. Just my two cents.

CPAlawHopefu
Posts: 247
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:17 pm

Re: University of Illinois c/o 2019 Applicants

Postby CPAlawHopefu » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:20 pm

What is going on with this school? I applied a week before Christmas, the status changed to "File Complete, In Review" on 1/5/2016 and it has not updated since. This is one of my top 5 schools so I need to hear back from them in order to start MY decision process!

Has anyone who applied before the New Years not heard back yet?

ArticSnowPanther
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:55 am

Re: University of Illinois c/o 2019 Applicants

Postby ArticSnowPanther » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:52 pm

CPAlawHopefu wrote:What is going on with this school? I applied a week before Christmas, the status changed to "File Complete, In Review" on 1/5/2016 and it has not updated since. This is one of my top 5 schools so I need to hear back from them in order to start MY decision process!

Has anyone who applied before the New Years not heard back yet?


It was 4 months from my "complete" date until I heard back (but I applied the day the application went live). I would assume that you would hear from them soon since ASW is coming up at the end of the month.

If you have a deposit deadline coming up that is concerning you could always call admissions and let them know. Sometimes they will expedite an answer if you prove to them that you need it due to another schools time constraint.

lawsohard93
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:29 am

Re: University of Illinois c/o 2019 Applicants

Postby lawsohard93 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:04 pm

In via e-mail with $$$
Went complete 1/26

MidwestMidbest
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:31 pm

Re: University of Illinois c/o 2019 Applicants

Postby MidwestMidbest » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:33 pm

In with $$$ this afternoon.
Illinois had been an afterthought throughout this process but they really just shot up the list.

User avatar
robertwabisabi
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:05 am

Re: University of Illinois c/o 2019 Applicants

Postby robertwabisabi » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:01 pm

In via email with a very generous scholarship.

Submitted: 1/16/2016
Complete: 1/18/2016
Decision: 3/16/2016

phdtraveler
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:49 pm

Re: University of Illinois c/o 2019 Applicants

Postby phdtraveler » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:45 pm

In with $$$ this evening.

bievmic
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon May 06, 2013 4:52 am

Re: University of Illinois c/o 2019 Applicants

Postby bievmic » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:31 pm

Congrats to all the new admits.

agent_hibachi
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:11 am

Re: University of Illinois c/o 2019 Applicants

Postby agent_hibachi » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:35 pm

In with full scholly tonight :)

virtus26
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:29 am

Re: University of Illinois c/o 2019 Applicants

Postby virtus26 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:57 am

Submitted pretty late; went into review 3/17.

How slim are my chances at this point?

160/3.55/Veteran softs

User avatar
bruceaquizzer1
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:58 pm

Re: University of Illinois c/o 2019 Applicants

Postby bruceaquizzer1 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:58 am

virtus26 wrote:Submitted pretty late; went into review 3/17.

How slim are my chances at this point?

160/3.55/Veteran softs

I submitted late as well. Just went under review 3/17

virtus26
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:29 am

Re: University of Illinois c/o 2019 Applicants

Postby virtus26 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:01 pm

bruceaquizzer1 wrote:
virtus26 wrote:Submitted pretty late; went into review 3/17.

How slim are my chances at this point?

160/3.55/Veteran softs

I submitted late as well. Just went under review 3/17


Glad I'm not the only one.

I figure it should be relatively quick to a decision since they should be nearing the bottom of the pile at this point? I feel like going into review was pretty quick relative to other schools too.
Last edited by virtus26 on Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
bruceaquizzer1
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:58 pm

Re: University of Illinois c/o 2019 Applicants

Postby bruceaquizzer1 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:20 pm

virtus26 wrote:
bruceaquizzer1 wrote:
virtus26 wrote:Submitted pretty late; went into review 3/17.

How slim are my chances at this point?

160/3.55/Veteran softs

I submitted late as well. Just went under review 3/17


Glad I'm not the only one.

I figure it should be relatively quick to a decision since they should be nearing the bottom of the pile at this point? I feel like going into was pretty quick relative to other schools too.

Especially considering the deadline for apps was 3/15

MidwestMidbest
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:31 pm

Re: University of Illinois c/o 2019 Applicants

Postby MidwestMidbest » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:35 pm

bruceaquizzer1 wrote:
virtus26 wrote:
bruceaquizzer1 wrote:
virtus26 wrote:Submitted pretty late; went into review 3/17.

How slim are my chances at this point?

160/3.55/Veteran softs

I submitted late as well. Just went under review 3/17


Glad I'm not the only one.

I figure it should be relatively quick to a decision since they should be nearing the bottom of the pile at this point? I feel like going into was pretty quick relative to other schools too.

Especially considering the deadline for apps was 3/15


I applied late in February and it only took two weeks to hear back. Applying late didn't hurt the $ either. Not sure you can expect to hear back before admitted students weekend though

nisalurve
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:55 pm

Re: University of Illinois c/o 2019 Applicants

Postby nisalurve » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:04 pm

Ugh when I look at LSN, March applicants usually hear back in May. I applied March 2 and it went into review on the 17. This is killing me because deposits are approaching everywhere. Is double depositing a thing?

virtus26
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:29 am

Re: University of Illinois c/o 2019 Applicants

Postby virtus26 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:13 am

nisalurve wrote:Ugh when I look at LSN, March applicants usually hear back in May. I applied March 2 and it went into review on the 17. This is killing me because deposits are approaching everywhere. Is double depositing a thing?


Makes sense. Maybe they wait to see how many submit seat deposits or not, almost like a psuedo waitlist?

As for the double seat deposit, guess that depends on what a seat at UIUC is potentially worth to you.

nisalurve
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:55 pm

Re: University of Illinois c/o 2019 Applicants

Postby nisalurve » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:55 pm

virtus26 wrote:
nisalurve wrote:Ugh when I look at LSN, March applicants usually hear back in May. I applied March 2 and it went into review on the 17. This is killing me because deposits are approaching everywhere. Is double depositing a thing?


Makes sense. Maybe they wait to see how many submit seat deposits or not, almost like a psuedo waitlist?

As for the double seat deposit, guess that depends on what a seat at UIUC is potentially worth to you.

It's my second choice school, so yeah, it's worth a lot. I think I'm going to go ahead and deposit at a safety and cross my fingers for UIUC. Siiigh

virtus26
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:29 am

Re: University of Illinois c/o 2019 Applicants

Postby virtus26 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:00 pm

nisalurve wrote:
virtus26 wrote:
nisalurve wrote:Ugh when I look at LSN, March applicants usually hear back in May. I applied March 2 and it went into review on the 17. This is killing me because deposits are approaching everywhere. Is double depositing a thing?


Makes sense. Maybe they wait to see how many submit seat deposits or not, almost like a psuedo waitlist?

As for the double seat deposit, guess that depends on what a seat at UIUC is potentially worth to you.

It's my second choice school, so yeah, it's worth a lot. I think I'm going to go ahead and deposit at a safety and cross my fingers for UIUC. Siiigh


Spend more money, yay!

It alright. I'm doing the same.

:(

User avatar
bruceaquizzer1
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:58 pm

Re: University of Illinois c/o 2019 Applicants

Postby bruceaquizzer1 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:19 pm

Admissions office just told me that decisions will go out next week and i should have my decision then.
UR 3/17

OconnorGirl
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:16 pm

Re: University of Illinois c/o 2019 Applicants

Postby OconnorGirl » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:39 pm

bruceaquizzer1 wrote:Admissions office just told me that decisions will go out next week and i should have my decision then.
UR 3/17

Thanks for the info. Did you call them?

User avatar
bruceaquizzer1
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:58 pm

Re: University of Illinois c/o 2019 Applicants

Postby bruceaquizzer1 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:45 pm

OconnorGirl wrote:
bruceaquizzer1 wrote:Admissions office just told me that decisions will go out next week and i should have my decision then.
UR 3/17

Thanks for the info. Did you call them?

I emailed them and asked if they would have decisions sent out before April 1st since that was the deposit deadline for many schools

nisalurve
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:55 pm

Re: University of Illinois c/o 2019 Applicants

Postby nisalurve » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:02 pm

bruceaquizzer1 wrote:
OconnorGirl wrote:
bruceaquizzer1 wrote:Admissions office just told me that decisions will go out next week and i should have my decision then.
UR 3/17

Thanks for the info. Did you call them?

I emailed them and asked if they would have decisions sent out before April 1st since that was the deposit deadline for many schools

Ugh I hope it comes soon.

User avatar
bruceaquizzer1
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:58 pm

Re: University of Illinois c/o 2019 Applicants

Postby bruceaquizzer1 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:27 am

nisalurve wrote:
bruceaquizzer1 wrote:
OconnorGirl wrote:
bruceaquizzer1 wrote:Admissions office just told me that decisions will go out next week and i should have my decision then.
UR 3/17

Thanks for the info. Did you call them?

I emailed them and asked if they would have decisions sent out before April 1st since that was the deposit deadline for many schools

Ugh I hope it comes soon.

Assuming the admissions office was being truthful, we should hear something today

virtus26
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:29 am

Re: University of Illinois c/o 2019 Applicants

Postby virtus26 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:53 am

bruceaquizzer1 wrote:
nisalurve wrote:
bruceaquizzer1 wrote:
OconnorGirl wrote:
bruceaquizzer1 wrote:Admissions office just told me that decisions will go out next week and i should have my decision then.
UR 3/17

Thanks for the info. Did you call them?

I emailed them and asked if they would have decisions sent out before April 1st since that was the deposit deadline for many schools

Ugh I hope it comes soon.

Assuming the admissions office was being truthful, we should hear something today


Lies.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alomeng, CoastieLaw21, Eli1, Everythingimnot, LiveJustly390, LSNlife, NavyNuke, Platopus, QUIZ, reaver95, sanders12345, thepsychedelic, Yahoo [Bot] and 36 guests