Fordham Law c/o 2019 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Crushing_on_Hawke

New

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2019

Post by Crushing_on_Hawke » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:10 pm

jaystevie19 wrote:
HTlaw wrote:
BSD wrote:Anyone get in off of the waitlist yet?
I don't think so.. I called yesterday and they told me they are just starting to review the WL. But not sure if that's really the case because of all the status changes..
If they are starting to review the WL, I'm worried they have either forgotten about or have lost my application :(
I've been complete since 3/1 and do not have a single status change between then and two days ago when I called Fordham's admissions and told them that while they are my first choice I have other decisions deadlines coming up so I would appreciate if they could give me an answer soon. My status changed about an hour after I called, so you should probably call too.

tsujimoto74

Bronze

Post by tsujimoto74 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:24 pm

+1 to calling. I called recently to ask when I could expect a decision. Got the acceptance email a day later.

Does anyone know how long it usually takes for them to send scholarship info? Will it be in the acceptance package they mail?

(Edited for grammar.)
Last edited by tsujimoto74 on Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crushing_on_Hawke

New

Post by Crushing_on_Hawke » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:10 pm

tsujimoto74 wrote:+1 to calling. I called recently to ask when I could expect a decision. Got the acceptance email a day later.

Does anyone know how long does it usually takes for them to send scholarship info? Will it be in the acceptance package they mail?
Just curious - when did you apply?

tsujimoto74

Bronze

Post by tsujimoto74 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:16 pm

Crushing_on_Hawke wrote:
tsujimoto74 wrote:+1 to calling. I called recently to ask when I could expect a decision. Got the acceptance email a day later.

Does anyone know how long does it usually takes for them to send scholarship info? Will it be in the acceptance package they mail?
February (not sure of the exact date), app went complete early March but had no date or status changes after that.

Crushing_on_Hawke

New

Post by Crushing_on_Hawke » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:31 pm

tsujimoto74 wrote:
Crushing_on_Hawke wrote:

February (not sure of the exact date), app went complete early March but had no date or status changes after that.
Same situation and I have also not had any updates. Called them two days ago so hopefully will be hearing back soon.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

nmnyc

New

Post by nmnyc » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:59 pm

Accepted today.

Applied 2/14
Complete 2/25
1st Update 4/13
2nd Update 4/26
Admitted 4/28

Scholarship info should be following soon. GPA above 75th percentile and LSAT above median.

JenDarby

Diamond

Post by JenDarby » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:06 pm

Stormy Waters wrote:
Roundhill wrote:I heard from someone that a good number of kids getting big law from Fordham Law have and are advantaged by some personal connection (parents/family friends in NYC big law). Is there any merit to this statement? I mean, Fordham Law is regional and is the only T1 non T-14 in NYC so I'm assuming there is some truth to this?
I don't think this is really the case. Top 20% at Fordham have a pretty good shot at biglaw without any nepotism playing into it and personally I don't know anyone who got their job this way. In fact, below top 20% you're probably going to have a hard time finding a biglaw gig regardless of who you know.
I know of exactly ONE person from the classes of 2013-2015 that was advantaged by nepotism. I'm not a huge defender of Fordham, but as a 2014 grad, nearly all my friends on law review (and many not on LR) got big law with zero connections. Most big firms in NYC have a fair amount of Fordham grads in both the junior and senior ranks.

funnybones

New

Post by funnybones » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:38 am

Crushing_on_Hawke wrote:
tsujimoto74 wrote:
Crushing_on_Hawke wrote:

Same situation and I have also not had any updates. Called them two days ago so hopefully will be hearing back soon.

Is anyone else still waiting? I have heard back/negotiated/withdrawn from everywhere else I applied but not a word from Fordham. My status tracker hasn't updated since it went complete. I emailed them and they gave me a generic "due to a high volume of applications" answer.

litagatoruf

New

Post by litagatoruf » Sun May 01, 2016 1:16 pm

funnybones wrote:
Crushing_on_Hawke wrote:
tsujimoto74 wrote:
Crushing_on_Hawke wrote:

Is anyone else still waiting? I have heard back/negotiated/withdrawn from everywhere else I applied but not a word from Fordham. My status tracker hasn't updated since it went complete. I emailed them and they gave me a generic "due to a high volume of applications" answer.
I am still waiting with you. Applied in January and have had two status changes after complete, last one was about 20 days ago. Made my decision between all the other schools I was accepted to and sent in an initial deposit to one. Once I hear back from Fordham with any scholarship info I'll decide between the two. Hopefully will know this week!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

playswc

New

Post by playswc » Mon May 02, 2016 7:09 pm

Dinged as of today.

Pretty positive that they did not even review my file.

Good luck everyone!

dnzr

New

Post by dnzr » Tue May 03, 2016 10:29 am

Has anyone heard back from the WL yet?

Crushing_on_Hawke

New

Post by Crushing_on_Hawke » Tue May 03, 2016 4:46 pm

Just emailed them... I'm an international student so my I-20 deadline for document submission is coming up at GWU. Unless I get an answer this week, I'm certainly headed to DC.

funnybones

New

Post by funnybones » Wed May 04, 2016 4:34 am

Crushing_on_Hawke wrote:Just emailed them... I'm an international student so my I-20 deadline for document submission is coming up at GWU. Unless I get an answer this week, I'm certainly headed to DC.

Are you on the waitlist or waiting for your first decision? I am also an international student but luckily have no restrictions for when I can submit my i-20. Let us know what they say!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Crushing_on_Hawke

New

Post by Crushing_on_Hawke » Wed May 04, 2016 11:24 am

funnybones wrote:
Crushing_on_Hawke wrote:Just emailed them... I'm an international student so my I-20 deadline for document submission is coming up at GWU. Unless I get an answer this week, I'm certainly headed to DC.

Are you on the waitlist or waiting for your first decision? I am also an international student but luckily have no restrictions for when I can submit my i-20. Let us know what they say!
Just got my admissions email :)
Also, I have a question - is the scholarship information on Admitted student website or is it in a separate email?

jaystevie19

New

Post by jaystevie19 » Wed May 04, 2016 11:30 am

Crushing_on_Hawke wrote:
funnybones wrote:

Also, I have a question - is the scholarship information on Admitted student website or is it in a separate email?
+1

benjih

New

Post by benjih » Wed May 04, 2016 1:53 pm

jaystevie19 wrote:
Crushing_on_Hawke wrote:
funnybones wrote:

+1
My merit came a day after acceptance in a separate email. Curious if they are still giving out good money or if it's dried up.

Crushing_on_Hawke

New

Post by Crushing_on_Hawke » Wed May 04, 2016 2:10 pm

benjih wrote:
jaystevie19 wrote:
Crushing_on_Hawke wrote:
funnybones wrote:

+1
My merit came a day after acceptance in a separate email. Curious if they are still giving out good money or if it's dried up.
Guess we'll see tomorrow :) if not I'm definitely headed to DC since GWU gave me 135k

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Roundhill

New

Post by Roundhill » Wed May 04, 2016 2:10 pm

dnzr wrote:Has anyone heard back from the WL yet?

TBH, if you're waitlisted and get in, you probably will be paying close to sticker, which makes attending Fordham a BAD choice.

ukhalid28

New

Post by ukhalid28 » Wed May 04, 2016 2:34 pm

Guys who just got in, was that off the wait list or initial application ?

Crushing_on_Hawke

New

Post by Crushing_on_Hawke » Wed May 04, 2016 2:44 pm

ukhalid28 wrote:Guys who just got in, was that off the wait list or initial application ?
Initial.

leetrevinofistpump

New

Post by leetrevinofistpump » Wed May 04, 2016 3:00 pm

Crushing_on_Hawke wrote:
ukhalid28 wrote:Guys who just got in, was that off the wait list or initial application ?
Initial.
Initial. Any thoughts on if its worth it with very little money?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Roundhill

New

Post by Roundhill » Wed May 04, 2016 3:04 pm

leetrevinofistpump wrote:
Crushing_on_Hawke wrote:
Initial.
Initial. Any thoughts on if its worth it with very little money?

Do not underestimate how soul crushing debt can be, especially with NYC COL. If you're paying sticker or close to sticker, I would be wary.
Last edited by Roundhill on Tue May 10, 2016 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crushing_on_Hawke

New

Post by Crushing_on_Hawke » Wed May 04, 2016 3:59 pm

benjih wrote:
jaystevie19 wrote:
Crushing_on_Hawke wrote:
funnybones wrote:

+1
Just got an email - 90k, so not too bad.

tsujimoto74

Bronze

Post by tsujimoto74 » Wed May 04, 2016 4:38 pm

Also just got my scholarship email, north of $100k.
Of course I get this email ~30 minutes after sending a negotiation email under the assumption my initial offer was $0. :oops:
I thought maybe I should wait longer to see if an offer was coming, but given how soon the 1st deposit deadline is, I also didn't want to wait too long. Oh well.

Chrissy1018

New

Post by Chrissy1018 » Fri May 06, 2016 8:43 am

Hey Guys. Got accepted with 20k a year. Full ride to St. John's brooklyn cardozo. Don't know if I want to go into "Big Law"

Any thoughts on if fordham is worth 120K in debt?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”