UCLA Law c/o 2019 (2015-2016)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
niiiightnurse
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:38 pm

Re: UCLA Law c/o 2019 (2015-2016)

Postby niiiightnurse » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:22 pm

jdanz wrote:
niiiightnurse wrote:Don't even know if this still matters because I am certain I am the last applicant they notified (ha) but waitlisted today and withdrawing, the northeast already got me


Mind sharing when you went complete ?



Yeah of course, 1/15. I also sent a letter around early March because I would be out of the country but slipped in how much I loved UCLA too, if that helps

mrsomebody
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:52 pm

Re: UCLA Law c/o 2019 (2015-2016)

Postby mrsomebody » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:31 pm

niiiightnurse wrote:Don't even know if this still matters because I am certain I am the last applicant they notified (ha) but waitlisted today and withdrawing, the northeast already got me


Still waiting. Went complete early March after submitting in the first half of January. UCLA is my top choice, but it looks like I'm gonna have to deposit somewhere else before I even hear from them!

niiiightnurse
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:38 pm

Re: UCLA Law c/o 2019 (2015-2016)

Postby niiiightnurse » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:37 pm

mrsomebody wrote:
niiiightnurse wrote:Don't even know if this still matters because I am certain I am the last applicant they notified (ha) but waitlisted today and withdrawing, the northeast already got me


Still waiting. Went complete early March after submitting in the first half of January. UCLA is my top choice, but it looks like I'm gonna have to deposit somewhere else before I even hear from them!


This has been such a long cycle and I have no idea why. I'm still waiting from a couple others (NYU, wya?) but I'm pretty much decided on a school so that makes the waiting easier.

User avatar
miku015
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:03 am

Re: UCLA Law c/o 2019 (2015-2016)

Postby miku015 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:09 pm

Just withdrew putting back some $$, gl to everyone that's still on the WL or hoping for some more $$$.

kitkat12
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:39 pm

Re: UCLA Law c/o 2019 (2015-2016)

Postby kitkat12 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:03 am

Waitlisted today after a longgg three months of staying on complete, sigh. Will be riding out the WL, but if I don't hear back, I guess I'll be a Trojan lol.

User avatar
Antonplus
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:06 am

Re: UCLA Law c/o 2019 (2015-2016)

Postby Antonplus » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:10 am

Waitlisted _(:з」∠)_ Among all the rejections it doesn't seem bad anymore, but still the chances are dim ;n;

User avatar
capricasixx
Posts: 765
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:39 pm

Re: UCLA Law c/o 2019 (2015-2016)

Postby capricasixx » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:26 pm

Dinged by email today. Was really hoping for WL... ah well.

Submitted 2/1
Complete 2/4

2.39/167

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

buggiebug
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:25 pm

Re: UCLA Law c/o 2019 (2015-2016)

Postby buggiebug » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:12 am

Does anyone know of any waitlist movement now that deposits are in?

KL10
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:43 pm

Re: UCLA Law c/o 2019 (2015-2016)

Postby KL10 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:31 am

Still haven't heard back despite deposits being due- not sure if that raises or lowers my chances, I'm guessing my fate will be determined by the numbers within the deposits

User avatar
Cosine12
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:57 pm

Re: UCLA Law c/o 2019 (2015-2016)

Postby Cosine12 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:52 am

KL10 wrote:Still haven't heard back despite deposits being due- not sure if that raises or lowers my chances, I'm guessing my fate will be determined by the numbers within the deposits


Same boat at this point. I'm trying to stay positive and think it probably helps our chances that some other admits w/ scholly $ have withdrawn and make those spots and dollars available to us... Good luck!

KL10
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:43 pm

Re: UCLA Law c/o 2019 (2015-2016)

Postby KL10 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:07 am

Cosine12 wrote:
KL10 wrote:Still haven't heard back despite deposits being due- not sure if that raises or lowers my chances, I'm guessing my fate will be determined by the numbers within the deposits


Same boat at this point. I'm trying to stay positive and think it probably helps our chances that some other admits w/ scholly $ have withdrawn and make those spots and dollars available to us... Good luck!


Love the optimism, I'll try to adopt it for myself too haha (knocks on wood) - hopefully we'll both be able to post good news on here later this week!

KL10
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:43 pm

Re: UCLA Law c/o 2019 (2015-2016)

Postby KL10 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:56 pm

Cosine12 wrote:
KL10 wrote:Still haven't heard back despite deposits being due- not sure if that raises or lowers my chances, I'm guessing my fate will be determined by the numbers within the deposits


Same boat at this point. I'm trying to stay positive and think it probably helps our chances that some other admits w/ scholly $ have withdrawn and make those spots and dollars available to us... Good luck!


Hey I was just Waitlisted- wishing you better luck! Although how you get waitlisted after first deposits, I have no idea. You'd think they have a pretty good idea of what their class looks like now, so they'll either pull off the current waitlist or just add to class from applicant pool- never thought theyd add to their waitlist- but here's to the long grind!

meowatme123
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:36 pm

Re: UCLA Law c/o 2019 (2015-2016)

Postby meowatme123 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:00 pm

They have later deposit dates for people who were accepted recently so their deposit dates haven't technically passed, though their main one has

User avatar
Cosine12
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:57 pm

Re: UCLA Law c/o 2019 (2015-2016)

Postby Cosine12 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:38 am

KL10 wrote:
Cosine12 wrote:
KL10 wrote:Still haven't heard back despite deposits being due- not sure if that raises or lowers my chances, I'm guessing my fate will be determined by the numbers within the deposits


Same boat at this point. I'm trying to stay positive and think it probably helps our chances that some other admits w/ scholly $ have withdrawn and make those spots and dollars available to us... Good luck!


Hey I was just Waitlisted- wishing you better luck! Although how you get waitlisted after first deposits, I have no idea. You'd think they have a pretty good idea of what their class looks like now, so they'll either pull off the current waitlist or just add to class from applicant pool- never thought theyd add to their waitlist- but here's to the long grind!


Bummer! I still haven't heard anything from them, so I guess no news is good news until I get the bad news? Or they just lost my app. Good luck waiting them out!

EDIT: Just got the waitlist email. Good luck to those still waiting!

Holodigm
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:43 pm

Re: UCLA Law c/o 2019 (2015-2016)

Postby Holodigm » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:41 pm

Cosine12 wrote:
KL10 wrote:
Cosine12 wrote:
KL10 wrote:Still haven't heard back despite deposits being due- not sure if that raises or lowers my chances, I'm guessing my fate will be determined by the numbers within the deposits


Same boat at this point. I'm trying to stay positive and think it probably helps our chances that some other admits w/ scholly $ have withdrawn and make those spots and dollars available to us... Good luck!


Hey I was just Waitlisted- wishing you better luck! Although how you get waitlisted after first deposits, I have no idea. You'd think they have a pretty good idea of what their class looks like now, so they'll either pull off the current waitlist or just add to class from applicant pool- never thought theyd add to their waitlist- but here's to the long grind!


Bummer! I still haven't heard anything from them, so I guess no news is good news until I get the bad news? Or they just lost my app. Good luck waiting them out!

EDIT: Just got the waitlist email. Good luck to those still waiting!


Just got waitlisted myself. Shocked, but I guess it's time to work on my LOCI.

panda951
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:54 am

Re: UCLA Law c/o 2019 (2015-2016)

Postby panda951 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:22 pm

I've been sitting at complete since Jan. 22 and I'm legit starting to believe they lost my app. I even emailed Dean Schwartz to ask for an estimate of how much longer a decision would take since I couldn't afford to lose a deposit at another school and he never responded. How much longer is this going to take? Anyone in the same boat?

jdanz
Posts: 206
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:48 pm

Re: UCLA Law c/o 2019 (2015-2016)

Postby jdanz » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:35 pm

panda951 wrote:I've been sitting at complete since Jan. 22 and I'm legit starting to believe they lost my app. I even emailed Dean Schwartz to ask for an estimate of how much longer a decision would take since I couldn't afford to lose a deposit at another school and he never responded. How much longer is this going to take? Anyone in the same boat?


I have been complete since 2/22 so not as long as you. I think we will probably be seeing more movement this week with seat deposits due this past Friday.

k.o.
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: UCLA Law c/o 2019 (2015-2016)

Postby k.o. » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:47 pm

I've been complete since 1/26 and havent heard back yet. Hope we hear back this week.

chazzninetythree
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:16 pm

Re: UCLA Law c/o 2019 (2015-2016)

Postby chazzninetythree » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:41 am

buggiebug wrote:Does anyone know of any waitlist movement now that deposits are in?


Got an interview request yesterday. I am on the waitlist

mrsomebody
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:52 pm

Re: UCLA Law c/o 2019 (2015-2016)

Postby mrsomebody » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:35 am

k.o. wrote:I've been complete since 1/26 and havent heard back yet. Hope we hear back this week.


I've woken up every day for the past two weeks thinking that "this'll be the day." Still haven't heard a peep.

That being said, I've got a good feeling about today!

buggiebug
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:25 pm

Re: UCLA Law c/o 2019 (2015-2016)

Postby buggiebug » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:51 am

chazzninetythree wrote:
buggiebug wrote:Does anyone know of any waitlist movement now that deposits are in?


Got an interview request yesterday. I am on the waitlist


Have you already sent a letter of continued interest?

chazzninetythree
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:16 pm

Re: UCLA Law c/o 2019 (2015-2016)

Postby chazzninetythree » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:20 pm

buggiebug wrote:
chazzninetythree wrote:
buggiebug wrote:Does anyone know of any waitlist movement now that deposits are in?


Got an interview request yesterday. I am on the waitlist


Have you already sent a letter of continued interest?


I have not

ehhh
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:55 pm

Re: UCLA Law c/o 2019 (2015-2016)

Postby ehhh » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:42 pm

Has anyone who still hasn't heard sent a follow-up yet? Considering checking in with an email but I'm not sure if it's considered bad etiquette. I went complete in mid-January and haven't heard a peep since.

chazzninetythree
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:16 pm

Re: UCLA Law c/o 2019 (2015-2016)

Postby chazzninetythree » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:13 pm

ehhh wrote:Has anyone who still hasn't heard sent a follow-up yet? Considering checking in with an email but I'm not sure if it's considered bad etiquette. I went complete in mid-January and haven't heard a peep since.


Had my interview today after being waitlisted a little while back. He called me a few hours later and accepted me

k.o.
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: UCLA Law c/o 2019 (2015-2016)

Postby k.o. » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:27 pm

ehhh wrote:Has anyone who still hasn't heard sent a follow-up yet? Considering checking in with an email but I'm not sure if it's considered bad etiquette. I went complete in mid-January and haven't heard a peep since.


Haven't, but definitely considering doing so now that people are being admitted off of the waitlist.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 2 guests