Boston College Law Class of 2019 applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Where are you from?

New England
16%
Mid Atlantic
16%
Midwest
13%
Mountain Region
3%
American South
27%
West Coast
16%
Other (Alaska, Hawaii, territories, etc.)
1%
International
9%

Total votes: 187

Manali

Bronze

Re: Boston College Law Class of 2019 applicants

Post by Manali » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:31 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote:
Manali wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:The others were answering questions, not
commenting on the merits unsolicited. From the guidelines for this forum:
Normal discussion between applicants is fine, but this forum is NOT the place for non-applicants to argue or debate which law schools are worth attending and under what circumstances. The threads here typically involve people who have already decided to apply and are seeking or sharing news on the state of their applications. You and them and everyone else are all free to discuss whether or not attending is a good idea in the appropriate forum, not here.

Starting or perpetuating arguments here about whether a school is worth attending may be deemed trolling and get you banned.
I'm calling you out, Manali, because given your past I don't want you to post here. I'm not saying there aren't issues with BC but you're not objective.
How am I not objective? I went to the school, and therefore may have answers to questions 0Ls considering the school may have. Several pages ago I stated that I was taking questions, and numerous 0Ls have asked questions ITT or via PM.

Again, if any 0Ls have questions about BC, feel free to ask ITT or via PM. I am here to help.
You're not objective. You've previously spent pages arguing about how you could keep BC off your resume if you were a visiting student elsewhere 3L. You were asking if people still talk about you. You were asking other questions about employment and profs as if you never attended. People are free to PM you but I don't want you posting in this thread and that's all there is to it.

If someone posts "should I go to BC?" in the choosing forum feel free to go to town. But in this thread it's going to turn into debates about the merits that are out of place.
Is Charlene objective? While she is not getting paid she is clearly affiliated with the BC office of admissions and is featured on their official blog. She should not be offering her unsolicited opinions, either.
Last edited by Manali on Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Manali

Bronze

Post by Manali » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:34 pm

M13D10 wrote:Manali, I am also a minority at BC law and I would say that my experience has been unbelievable thus far. I truly feel at home here as do many of my friends. I feel bad that you had a bad experience but that is not the case for me and many, many of my fellow students.
I'm glad you had a positive experience as a minority. My beef with them is more with how they handle disabled students as opposed to racially diverse ones (although the Black Lives Matter disciplinary action thing I posted was definitely problematic).

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:38 pm

Manali wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:
Manali wrote:
Normal discussion between applicants is fine, but this forum is NOT the place for non-applicants to argue or debate which law schools are worth attending and under what circumstances. The threads here typically involve people who have already decided to apply and are seeking or sharing news on the state of their applications. You and them and everyone else are all free to discuss whether or not attending is a good idea in the appropriate forum, not here.

Starting or perpetuating arguments here about whether a school is worth attending may be deemed trolling and get you banned.
I'm calling you out, Manali, because given your past I don't want you to post here. I'm not saying there aren't issues with BC but you're not objective.
How am I not objective? I went to the school, and therefore may have answers to questions 0Ls considering the school may have. Several pages ago I stated that I was taking questions, and numerous 0Ls have asked questions ITT or via PM.

Again, if any 0Ls have questions about BC, feel free to ask ITT or via PM. I am here to help.
You're not objective. You've previously spent pages arguing about how you could keep BC off your resume if you were a visiting student elsewhere 3L. You were asking if people still talk about you. You were asking other questions about employment and profs as if you never attended. People are free to PM you but I don't want you posting in this thread and that's all there is to it.

If someone posts "should I go to BC?" in the choosing forum feel free to go to town. But in this thread it's going to turn into debates about the merits that are out of place.
Is Charlene objective? While she is not getting paid she is clearly affiliated with the BC office of admissions and is featured on their official blog. She should not be offering her unsolicited opinions, either.
Charlene is not the point and this is not up for debate. Stop posting in this thread or be banned.

cpochogo

New

Post by cpochogo » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:00 pm

So happy for everyone who put down their first seat deposit on Friday! Be sure to check out the official class Facebook page and to click onto our student-run blog, bclawimpact.org.

And feel free to continue to ask any other questions for myself or any other current student. To clarify any confusion, I'll reiterate that while I do volunteer with the admissions office, I am not paid for my views on here or receiving any compensation of any kind. I found BC Law then-current students to be extremely helpful on here when I was going through the applications process and I wanted to pay it forward rather than leaving prospective students to try to answer one another's questions.

Good luck to anyone still figuring out their next steps, and if I or anyone else can be helpful to you in some way, please don't hesitate to reach out! My inbox is always open: ochogo@bc.edu.

lampy

New

Post by lampy » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:33 pm

I went 'in review' today. Fingers crossed that I hear back soon.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mike0331

Bronze

Post by mike0331 » Sun May 08, 2016 2:42 pm

I don't usually post here, but I'm bored studying for finals. The idea that BCLS is some conservative haven is absolutely obscene. The SJW movement at BCLS is 1000 times louder than that of my undergrad, a very liberal state school. I don't have a problem with it (because I am capable of thinking for myself), but if you find BC too conservative you are probably someone who wants to be surrounded by people who believe exactly as you do and need a safe-space every-time someone says something you don't agree with. As a libertarian leaning independent, I find the school crazy liberal, but it's as I expected.

Also, I would say plenty of students are not looking to go big-law, or are only looking to do so to cover debt. It's not some hyper competitive environment, it's surprisingly friendly. Again, the only way I see someone having an issue with "comfort" at BC is if they are someone who is really good at finding ways to be uncomfortable or to get offended, and those people certainly exist.

The professors are great and certainly aren't close minded, and also don't push their politics (that is if you can figure out what their politics are). I like the school. I haven't really met anyone who isn't friendly, but some people clearly have special snowflake syndrome (probably mainly TLS posters). I guess we need people to keep the lawyer stereotypes up though. Again, if you think BC is some hateful or scary place, you probably aren't ready for real life, because its complete BS. Disclosure: I'm no more a URM than Elizabeth Warren, so that's the lens I see these issues from (although minority posters here seem to have confirmed this).

Mike

jsp13g

New

Post by jsp13g » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:21 am

Hello!
Just wanted to see if anyone has been admitted or denied off the wait list as of June 1st! I'm still waiting to hear back myself.

yellow9671

New

Post by yellow9671 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:41 pm

jsp13g wrote:Hello!
Just wanted to see if anyone has been admitted or denied off the wait list as of June 1st! I'm still waiting to hear back myself.
Still waiting as well.

catieoo

New

Post by catieoo » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:47 am

Accepted yesterday after a "feeler call" earlier in the day and must deposit within the week. Allegedly "no scholarship money left for this year."

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

yellow9671

New

Post by yellow9671 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:03 pm

Anyone still hanging in there?

Creasey

New

Post by Creasey » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:45 am

Manali wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:
Manali wrote:

this bro bitter he wasn't accepted?

Creasey

New

Post by Creasey » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:48 am

Manali wrote:
tuesdayninja wrote:http://www.bc.edu/content/dam/files/sch ... _bclaw.pdf

BC killing it again. Very impressive numbers. Although I withdrew I am certainly reapplying next year, hopefully with more scholarship.
Don't get too excited. ~25% of the class didn't get a ftlt job within 10 months of graduation. Not worth it.
Says the girl who attends Drexel. Lol.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”