WUSTL Class of 2019 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
crunchyb314

New

Re: WUSTL Class of 2019 Applicants

Post by crunchyb314 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:09 pm

osgiliath wrote:
ltbenn wrote:
BirdLawExpert wrote:Just withdrew with about $120K in scholarship. I hope that it gets redistributed to those of you on the waitlist or on the fence! I loved WashU, but it just didn't "fit" as well as other schools. Best of luck to you all!
Also just withdrew with 141k - I would've loved wustl but st louis did it in for me...

good luck to you all!
Just withdrew $43k/year best of luck to everyone still waiting!
where r u you going?

RareExports

Silver

Post by RareExports » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:02 pm

For what it's worth, when someone with a large scholarship withdraws, it's generally bad news for those on the WL. This is for two reasons: First, the school is losing someone who is likely above one or both medians, and WL applicants are generally below or one both medians. The school is unlikely to balance a withdrawal of an above median applicant with an admission of a below median applicant. Second, the school is not losing much/any revenue that they would need to admit a WL applicant to recoup. If someone has a large scholarship and it paying, say, 5k, a year to attend and then withdraws, the school does not need to admit someone off of the WL at full tuition to reach their revenue target. If someone with no scholarship withdraws, in contrast, that may be 53k a year in lost revenue that needs to be recovered.

G41u5

New

Post by G41u5 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:52 am

Anyone heard anything about section assignments?

Chimusk13

New

Post by Chimusk13 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:59 am

Anyone received additional news about the waitlist? Praying for good news

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”