USC c/o 2019 Applicants Thread (2015-2016)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
quiet.influencer
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:15 pm

Re: USC c/o 2019 Applicants Thread (2015-2016)

Postby quiet.influencer » Tue May 17, 2016 2:02 pm

Went on a tour yesterday and spoke to someone in admissions, she said there is no waitlist movement so far because so many people submitted deposits.

MikeJD
Posts: 270
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:39 pm

Re: USC c/o 2019 Applicants Thread (2015-2016)

Postby MikeJD » Tue May 17, 2016 6:41 pm

quiet.influencer wrote:Went on a tour yesterday and spoke to someone in admissions, she said there is no waitlist movement so far because so many people submitted deposits.



Any idea what Medians they are aiming for?? same as last year or higher/lower?

genericwit
Posts: 125
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:07 pm

Re: USC c/o 2019 Applicants Thread (2015-2016)

Postby genericwit » Tue May 17, 2016 8:16 pm

It's because there's not a lot of movement from T14, if you guys haven't noticed. HLS has their first batch of interviews soon, and once they take some people, there's going to be movement.

MikeJD
Posts: 270
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:39 pm

Re: USC c/o 2019 Applicants Thread (2015-2016)

Postby MikeJD » Wed May 18, 2016 11:10 am

genericwit wrote:It's because there's not a lot of movement from T14, if you guys haven't noticed. HLS has their first batch of interviews soon, and once they take some people, there's going to be movement.



there are far more applicants than last year especially at the high end so I doubt Harvard will have as much activity as say last year.

genericwit
Posts: 125
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:07 pm

Re: USC c/o 2019 Applicants Thread (2015-2016)

Postby genericwit » Wed May 18, 2016 3:04 pm

MikeJD wrote:
genericwit wrote:It's because there's not a lot of movement from T14, if you guys haven't noticed. HLS has their first batch of interviews soon, and once they take some people, there's going to be movement.



there are far more applicants than last year especially at the high end so I doubt Harvard will have as much activity as say last year.


I swear, you are the most negative arguer. I didn't say there would be a great deal of movement. Anyone who's waitlisted there knows that only a handful of people were selected for interviews compared to last year. I said there would be movement period, because if even a few spots open up, people are going to upgrade.

kitkat12
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:39 pm

Re: USC c/o 2019 Applicants Thread (2015-2016)

Postby kitkat12 » Wed May 25, 2016 1:01 pm

For those of you still waiting, I withdrew on Friday and freed up a decent chunk of $. Good luck to everybody!

rachellewrx
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:48 am

Re: USC c/o 2019 Applicants Thread (2015-2016)

Postby rachellewrx » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:48 am

Has anyone waitlisted heard back yet? This wait is killing me.

genericwit
Posts: 125
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:07 pm

Re: USC c/o 2019 Applicants Thread (2015-2016)

Postby genericwit » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:51 am

I'm withdrawing next week (as soon as I get confirmation that they're refunding my Terrace deposit) and freeing up a near full scholly. Hope it helps some of you guys wanting to get in and someone waiting to get into Terrace as well! Best of luck, folks.

rachellewrx
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:48 am

Re: USC c/o 2019 Applicants Thread (2015-2016)

Postby rachellewrx » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:23 pm

genericwit wrote:I'm withdrawing next week (as soon as I get confirmation that they're refunding my Terrace deposit) and freeing up a near full scholly. Hope it helps some of you guys wanting to get in and someone waiting to get into Terrace as well! Best of luck, folks.


DIBS!

MikeJD
Posts: 270
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:39 pm

Re: USC c/o 2019 Applicants Thread (2015-2016)

Postby MikeJD » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:12 pm

Any idea how many depositors they have as of now?

haewon225
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:25 pm

Re: USC c/o 2019 Applicants Thread (2015-2016)

Postby haewon225 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:51 pm

Just got an email saying they would increase scholarships by 5k per year for people who defer... I think they might have more deposits than they had expected.

LShopeful2016
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:03 pm

Re: USC c/o 2019 Applicants Thread (2015-2016)

Postby LShopeful2016 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:05 pm

haewon225 wrote:Just got an email saying they would increase scholarships by 5k per year for people who defer... I think they might have more deposits than they had expected.


Well that sucks for us waitlisters

bellepepper
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:11 pm

Re: USC c/o 2019 Applicants Thread (2015-2016)

Postby bellepepper » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:13 pm

Anyone have suggestions for housing you would recommend?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MrAdultman, Yahoo [Bot] and 13 guests