USC c/o 2019 Applicants Thread (2015-2016)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
capricasixx
Posts: 765
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:39 pm

Re: USC c/o 2019 Applicants Thread (2015-2016)

Postby capricasixx » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:24 pm

Just went into FR... CR1 4/20. Part of me wants to rationalize that they're getting down to the wire and may be actively trying to speed up the process. But I have to admit I'm fearing the worst.

User avatar
Strangeland
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:08 am

Re: USC c/o 2019 Applicants Thread (2015-2016)

Postby Strangeland » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:11 pm

*
Last edited by Strangeland on Wed May 11, 2016 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

calgoldenbear
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:51 pm

Re: USC c/o 2019 Applicants Thread (2015-2016)

Postby calgoldenbear » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:30 pm

How can they hold out this long when seat deposit deadlines have come and gone?

User avatar
capricasixx
Posts: 765
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:39 pm

Re: USC c/o 2019 Applicants Thread (2015-2016)

Postby capricasixx » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:21 pm

DF about a hour ago. All decisions are by communicated via email at this point, right?

User avatar
capricasixx
Posts: 765
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:39 pm

Re: USC c/o 2019 Applicants Thread (2015-2016)

Postby capricasixx » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:21 pm

capricasixx wrote:DF about a hour ago. All decisions are by communicated via email at this point, right?


Dinged by email. Good luck to those of you still waiting!

User avatar
dietryinggirl
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:45 pm

Re: USC c/o 2019 Applicants Thread (2015-2016)

Postby dietryinggirl » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:38 pm

yup not expecting anything good at this point.
they're trying to speed things along it seems like.

went from sitting at complete for 4 months, CR 1 this week, and it says FR as of recently.
the process went by way too fast and completely skipped a second review. expecting my denial Monday.

User avatar
Shib26
Posts: 264
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:03 pm

Re: USC c/o 2019 Applicants Thread (2015-2016)

Postby Shib26 » Mon May 02, 2016 6:02 pm

Waitlisted via status checker sometime today. Below both medians so I'm actually happy with this outcome. eont plan on riding it out though.

calgoldenbear
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:51 pm

Re: USC c/o 2019 Applicants Thread (2015-2016)

Postby calgoldenbear » Tue May 03, 2016 9:37 am

dietryinggirl wrote:yup not expecting anything good at this point.
they're trying to speed things along it seems like.

went from sitting at complete for 4 months, CR 1 this week, and it says FR as of recently.
the process went by way too fast and completely skipped a second review. expecting my denial Monday.


Did you hear back?

User avatar
dietryinggirl
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:45 pm

Re: USC c/o 2019 Applicants Thread (2015-2016)

Postby dietryinggirl » Tue May 03, 2016 1:16 pm

calgoldenbear wrote:
dietryinggirl wrote:yup not expecting anything good at this point.
they're trying to speed things along it seems like.

went from sitting at complete for 4 months, CR 1 this week, and it says FR as of recently.
the process went by way too fast and completely skipped a second review. expecting my denial Monday.


Did you hear back?


Nope! Not yet. Still in final review !
Just reject me already USC :(

Baumdiggity
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:35 pm

Re: USC c/o 2019 Applicants Thread (2015-2016)

Postby Baumdiggity » Fri May 06, 2016 10:55 am

Any movement from anybody? Sitting at FR for the last month

calgoldenbear
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:51 pm

Re: USC c/o 2019 Applicants Thread (2015-2016)

Postby calgoldenbear » Fri May 06, 2016 1:47 pm

Shib26 wrote:Waitlisted via status checker sometime today. Below both medians so I'm actually happy with this outcome. eont plan on riding it out though.


What was your status update timeline?

sdiaz2030
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:01 am

Re: USC c/o 2019 Applicants Thread (2015-2016)

Postby sdiaz2030 » Fri May 06, 2016 1:59 pm

Final Review 5/5. Was previously CR2 2/2 and took the February LSAT

calgoldenbear
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:51 pm

Re: USC c/o 2019 Applicants Thread (2015-2016)

Postby calgoldenbear » Fri May 06, 2016 2:28 pm

Is skipping CR2 always a bad sign?

User avatar
Shib26
Posts: 264
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:03 pm

Re: USC c/o 2019 Applicants Thread (2015-2016)

Postby Shib26 » Fri May 06, 2016 4:57 pm

calgoldenbear wrote:
Shib26 wrote:Waitlisted via status checker sometime today. Below both medians so I'm actually happy with this outcome. eont plan on riding it out though.


What was your status update timeline?


I was complete 3/1, CR1 on 4/19 and then straight to FR on 4/24.

genericwit
Posts: 125
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:07 pm

Re: USC c/o 2019 Applicants Thread (2015-2016)

Postby genericwit » Fri May 06, 2016 7:42 pm

Updating you guys with my knowledge (because I would love for updates on schools where I'm waitlisted): at least five of the folks I met at Law Day that deposited have within the last week been accepted to T14s, which means spots might be opening! Hope to see some of you guys in the Fall!

rachellewrx
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:48 am

Re: USC c/o 2019 Applicants Thread (2015-2016)

Postby rachellewrx » Sat May 07, 2016 3:38 am

genericwit wrote:Updating you guys with my knowledge (because I would love for updates on schools where I'm waitlisted): at least five of the folks I met at Law Day that deposited have within the last week been accepted to T14s, which means spots might be opening! Hope to see some of you guys in the Fall!


That's good news. Thanks for the info.

MikeJD
Posts: 270
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:39 pm

Re: USC c/o 2019 Applicants Thread (2015-2016)

Postby MikeJD » Sat May 07, 2016 11:31 am

Facebook page has about 230 people, which is bigger than the 190-200 class that they are aiming for, but it's hard to say how many are going to USC or other schools.

genericwit
Posts: 125
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:07 pm

Re: USC c/o 2019 Applicants Thread (2015-2016)

Postby genericwit » Sun May 08, 2016 2:29 pm

MikeJD wrote:Facebook page has about 230 people, which is bigger than the 190-200 class that they are aiming for, but it's hard to say how many are going to USC or other schools.


And a good chunk of those have already committed to other schools but have forgotten to leave the FB group. I know several looking at the list already. Which reminds me that I need to leave the Texas group. Whoops.

Edit: Also, there are current students and faculty in that group, adding further to the numbers.

Keep positive, everyone! :)

socaljd
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:14 pm

Re: USC c/o 2019 Applicants Thread (2015-2016)

Postby socaljd » Mon May 09, 2016 12:17 pm

Dinged Friday via email. Submitted 2/1. LSAT way below the median but was hoping for a boost since I'm an alum. Good luck everyone!

sjp200
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:54 am

Re: USC c/o 2019 Applicants Thread (2015-2016)

Postby sjp200 » Mon May 09, 2016 7:20 pm

idle curiosity because I withdrew after not getting any more $, has anyone received more money since the first deposit deadline?

kitkat12
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:39 pm

Re: USC c/o 2019 Applicants Thread (2015-2016)

Postby kitkat12 » Tue May 10, 2016 4:16 pm

sjp200 wrote:idle curiosity because I withdrew after not getting any more $, has anyone received more money since the first deposit deadline?


I haven't, unfortunately :( They did say they would potentially revisit an increase in scholly for me, but soon after they sent me an email outright rejecting any further increases.

robidizzle
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri May 13, 2016 6:15 am

Re: USC c/o 2019 Applicants Thread (2015-2016)

Postby robidizzle » Fri May 13, 2016 6:23 am

Hi guys! First time posting on TLS, so please forgive me if I'm messing anything up - I'm freaking out and could use some help. I've been stuck in CR2 for almost 12 weeks (in review for about 16 weeks cumulative). Took the LSAT in December, GPA is 3.15 and LSAT is 174. Complete on Jan 25, CR1 until Feb 23, and I've been stuck on CR2 ever since. At this point I don't know what to think and I'm expecting to be waitlisted. However I sent some new material in April which I figured they've been reviewing, hence the delay. Can I get your thoughts?

DwarfPig
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri May 13, 2016 12:12 pm

Re: USC c/o 2019 Applicants Thread (2015-2016)

Postby DwarfPig » Fri May 13, 2016 12:14 pm

Applied 3/1. Went into first review on 5/9, now final review on 5/12. Can't imagine that is anything but a rejection? Not that I was expecting anything else at this point.

genericwit
Posts: 125
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:07 pm

Re: USC c/o 2019 Applicants Thread (2015-2016)

Postby genericwit » Fri May 13, 2016 2:50 pm

robidizzle wrote:Hi guys! First time posting on TLS, so please forgive me if I'm messing anything up - I'm freaking out and could use some help. I've been stuck in CR2 for almost 12 weeks (in review for about 16 weeks cumulative). Took the LSAT in December, GPA is 3.15 and LSAT is 174. Complete on Jan 25, CR1 until Feb 23, and I've been stuck on CR2 ever since. At this point I don't know what to think and I'm expecting to be waitlisted. However I sent some new material in April which I figured they've been reviewing, hence the delay. Can I get your thoughts?


I think USC cares more about GPA than a lot of other T20s. Your GPA is a bit low for them. I'd send them an addendum to explain it if you haven't yet. :/

robidizzle
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri May 13, 2016 6:15 am

Re: USC c/o 2019 Applicants Thread (2015-2016)

Postby robidizzle » Fri May 13, 2016 3:14 pm

genericwit wrote:
robidizzle wrote:Hi guys! First time posting on TLS, so please forgive me if I'm messing anything up - I'm freaking out and could use some help. I've been stuck in CR2 for almost 12 weeks (in review for about 16 weeks cumulative). Took the LSAT in December, GPA is 3.15 and LSAT is 174. Complete on Jan 25, CR1 until Feb 23, and I've been stuck on CR2 ever since. At this point I don't know what to think and I'm expecting to be waitlisted. However I sent some new material in April which I figured they've been reviewing, hence the delay. Can I get your thoughts?


I think USC cares more about GPA than a lot of other T20s. Your GPA is a bit low for them. I'd send them an addendum to explain it if you haven't yet. :/

I think you might be right :( I've already sent an addendum, and I've gone above and beyond with visiting them and showing interest. It sucks considering how I wanted to go here more than most T20s.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: augustyyy, CottonHarvest, Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], principalagent, Slippin' Jimmy, wmbuff and 7 guests