0L Ladies - Female C/O 2019 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Who's your legal role model?

Michelle Alexander
16
6%
Fatou Bensouda
3
1%
Mary Bonauto
0
No votes
Ruth Bader Ginsburg
113
43%
Sandra Day O'Connor
21
8%
Loretta Lynch
6
2%
Martha Minow
5
2%
Michelle Obama
44
17%
Sonia Sotomayor
21
8%
Elizabeth Warren
33
13%
 
Total votes: 262

conztance

New
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:27 am

Re: 0L Ladies - Female C/O 2019 Applicants

Postby conztance » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:07 am

schocolate wrote:
RedWhite&Blonde wrote:I know we talked about bags for ASW, but are y'all thinking of carrying backpacks next year or nice purses?


I'm definitely going the backpack route


Purse. You can get a cute yet sturdy & reliable purse from Aldo for quite a good price, and it looks so much more professional. I highly recommend going to Aldo on Black Friday and getting a couple. I have a black tote from there that I got a couple of years ago (for c. $20). It looks exactly like a Michael Kors tote and carried my laptop, books and notebooks all the way through my senior year of undergrad. I'm now very attached to it, obviously!

User avatar
lemonparty

Silver
Posts: 1453
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:48 pm

Re: 0L Ladies - Female C/O 2019 Applicants

Postby lemonparty » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:19 am

ssitt wrote:lemon! just caught up on all of this - what a shit situation but so awesome that you stood up for yourself! keeping my fingers crossed for you that this all gets resolved!


SlithyTove wrote:
CJRpnw wrote:ATTA GIRL! :!: Good for you for getting out. File that report and get that guy gone!


+1,000,000 Way to go Lemon!


thank you for all the support ladies!!! <3 it's things like this awesome thread that keep me from losing my faith in humanity

User avatar
slippin_jimmy

Gold
Posts: 1958
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:15 pm

Re: 0L Ladies - Female C/O 2019 Applicants

Postby slippin_jimmy » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:21 am

conztance wrote:
schocolate wrote:
RedWhite&Blonde wrote:I know we talked about bags for ASW, but are y'all thinking of carrying backpacks next year or nice purses?


I'm definitely going the backpack route


Purse. You can get a cute yet sturdy & reliable purse from Aldo for quite a good price, and it looks so much more professional. I highly recommend going to Aldo on Black Friday and getting a couple. I have a black tote from there that I got a couple of years ago (for c. $20). It looks exactly like a Michael Kors tote and carried my laptop, books and notebooks all the way through my senior year of undergrad. I'm now very attached to it, obviously!


i'd say do what you prefer, just have a niceish tote for interviews eventually. I plan on using a backpack for school.

User avatar
TheKisSquared

Silver
Posts: 794
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:27 am

Re: 0L Ladies - Female C/O 2019 Applicants

Postby TheKisSquared » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:15 pm

schocolate wrote:
RedWhite&Blonde wrote:I know we talked about bags for ASW, but are y'all thinking of carrying backpacks next year or nice purses?


I'm definitely going the backpack route

Same I am a dork.

anonymous117

Bronze
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:50 pm

Re: 0L Ladies - Female C/O 2019 Applicants

Postby anonymous117 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:23 pm

TheKisSquared wrote:
schocolate wrote:
RedWhite&Blonde wrote:I know we talked about bags for ASW, but are y'all thinking of carrying backpacks next year or nice purses?


I'm definitely going the backpack route

Same I am a dork.


Same. I love using a backpack and was nervous no one would use them in law school.

Though I do have a nice, larger tote that can fit a laptop and/or resume folder, so I'll bring that along for occasions where something fancier is appropriate.

User avatar
Supercalifragilistic

Bronze
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:38 pm

Re: 0L Ladies - Female C/O 2019 Applicants

Postby Supercalifragilistic » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:22 pm

schocolate wrote:
RedWhite&Blonde wrote:I know we talked about bags for ASW, but are y'all thinking of carrying backpacks next year or nice purses?


I'm definitely going the backpack route


+1 think I've finally settle on a Timbuk2

crystallize

Bronze
Posts: 139
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:21 pm

Re: 0L Ladies - Female C/O 2019 Applicants

Postby crystallize » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:39 pm

Supercalifragilistic wrote:
schocolate wrote:
RedWhite&Blonde wrote:I know we talked about bags for ASW, but are y'all thinking of carrying backpacks next year or nice purses?


I'm definitely going the backpack route


+1 think I've finally settle on a Timbuk2


Which one did you decide? I was at the Timbuk2 store over the weekend looking at their backpacks vs messenger bags

User avatar
slippin_jimmy

Gold
Posts: 1958
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:15 pm

Re: 0L Ladies - Female C/O 2019 Applicants

Postby slippin_jimmy » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:45 pm

I'm just keeping my LL Bean backpack from college, it's waterproof and a decent size. We'll see how it stands the test of law school.

User avatar
jlk411

Bronze
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:52 pm

Re: 0L Ladies - Female C/O 2019 Applicants

Postby jlk411 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:46 pm

wellreallynow wrote:
greenapples wrote:
texasellewoods wrote:
wellreallynow wrote:
twokings wrote:My longtime boyfriend is going to be moving cities with me as I begin law school. In an ideal world, I would meet other women in committed relationships and our partners would all become friends. Does anyone know if that is typical or am I living in a dream? I realize it all depends on the culture and commonalities but imagine we won't be the only family adjusting to a new city, law school, etc. Any thoughts are welcome!



If it makes you feel better, I'll be doing the same :) We've been together five years, so I'm really hoping to find a community of people similarly in LTRs!


Me too!! KJD but we have dated all throughout college and are moving in together in the fall. He's moving cross country for me so finding friends for him would be great haha


This is all so inspiring! Unfortunately, my SO will not be moving for me. We've been together for ~3 years and he might even relocate further away from me (possibly overseas) if there are better career prospects. The thought of doing long distance relationship during 1L in a new state scares me but it is what it is :)


If it makes you feel any better, my SO and I were long distance for the past three years with him being in med school for a chunk of it-- it's definitely hard but not impossible! If it's reassuring at all, being so busy is probably the best way not to get caught up in missing him!


sorry so late on this. so happy to find this board/thread. I think the pros of being with a badass law school student outweigh the long distance cons...I hope anyways...that and using your personal travel allowance whenever necessary/possible

User avatar
TheKisSquared

Silver
Posts: 794
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:27 am

Re: 0L Ladies - Female C/O 2019 Applicants

Postby TheKisSquared » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:46 pm

slippin_jimmy wrote:I'm just keeping my LL Bean backpack from college, it's waterproof and a decent size. We'll see how it stands the test of law school.

Jansport forever.

No literally I have had this back pack longer than I can remember.

User avatar
jlk411

Bronze
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:52 pm

Re: 0L Ladies - Female C/O 2019 Applicants

Postby jlk411 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:47 pm

wellreallynow wrote:
lemondrop wrote:guys my boss is such a chauvinist and makes me so uncomfortable every day with comments/looks/etc and the worst part is that he's the principal and there's no one above him to talk/complain to .... i was leaving at the end of june but now i'm thinking may because i just can't put up with it much longer :evil:



anyone else feeling the struggle at staying at work when you're already admitted? my end date is in five weeks but people everywhere have been so consistently terrible for the past few days that i just want to bail now.


+1 I def need the money to last minute build up savings but I have NOOOOOO motivation lol.

User avatar
slippin_jimmy

Gold
Posts: 1958
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:15 pm

Re: 0L Ladies - Female C/O 2019 Applicants

Postby slippin_jimmy » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:47 pm

TheKisSquared wrote:
slippin_jimmy wrote:I'm just keeping my LL Bean backpack from college, it's waterproof and a decent size. We'll see how it stands the test of law school.

Jansport forever.

No literally I have had this back pack longer than I can remember.


I had a North Face in high school/some of college that was good except it wasn't waterproof. Which was fine in high school when I just walked from my car to the school. But it was no fun after that.

User avatar
lemonparty

Silver
Posts: 1453
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:48 pm

Re: 0L Ladies - Female C/O 2019 Applicants

Postby lemonparty » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:49 pm

slippin_jimmy wrote:I'm just keeping my LL Bean backpack from college, it's waterproof and a decent size. We'll see how it stands the test of law school.


my backpack has a whole in the bottom so i think i def need a new one lol thinking hershel! and lo and sons for a nice tote

User avatar
Hildegard15

Gold
Posts: 2160
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:26 pm

Re: 0L Ladies - Female C/O 2019 Applicants

Postby Hildegard15 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:50 pm

TheKisSquared wrote:
slippin_jimmy wrote:I'm just keeping my LL Bean backpack from college, it's waterproof and a decent size. We'll see how it stands the test of law school.

Jansport forever.

No literally I have had this back pack longer than I can remember.


I've had the same giant bright red backpack since I was in 5th grade. Best thing ever

User avatar
slippin_jimmy

Gold
Posts: 1958
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:15 pm

Re: 0L Ladies - Female C/O 2019 Applicants

Postby slippin_jimmy » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:00 pm

lemondrop wrote:
slippin_jimmy wrote:I'm just keeping my LL Bean backpack from college, it's waterproof and a decent size. We'll see how it stands the test of law school.


my backpack has a whole in the bottom so i think i def need a new one lol thinking hershel! and lo and sons for a nice tote


The Lo and Sons were ok, I liked whoever posted that Dover bag or something a few pages ago.

I've been loving my Everlane tote.

ETA: Twill tote. But the leather bags are droolworthy.
Last edited by slippin_jimmy on Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Supercalifragilistic

Bronze
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:38 pm

Re: 0L Ladies - Female C/O 2019 Applicants

Postby Supercalifragilistic » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:00 pm

crystallize wrote:
Supercalifragilistic wrote:
schocolate wrote:
RedWhite&Blonde wrote:I know we talked about bags for ASW, but are y'all thinking of carrying backpacks next year or nice purses?


I'm definitely going the backpack route


+1 think I've finally settle on a Timbuk2


Which one did you decide? I was at the Timbuk2 store over the weekend looking at their backpacks vs messenger bags


I like the Sunset Backpack. Not really a messenger bag person. http://www.timbuk2.com/sunset-backpack/ ... color=1175

User avatar
lemonparty

Silver
Posts: 1453
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:48 pm

Re: 0L Ladies - Female C/O 2019 Applicants

Postby lemonparty » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:01 pm

slippin_jimmy wrote:
lemondrop wrote:
slippin_jimmy wrote:I'm just keeping my LL Bean backpack from college, it's waterproof and a decent size. We'll see how it stands the test of law school.


my backpack has a whole in the bottom so i think i def need a new one lol thinking hershel! and lo and sons for a nice tote


The Lo and Sons were ok, I liked whoever posted that Dover bag or something a few pages ago.

I've been loving my Everlane tote.


oh yeah i have a dagne dover, it's great but the light color i have was a poor choice - wore dark jeans and regretted it :(

crystallize

Bronze
Posts: 139
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:21 pm

Re: 0L Ladies - Female C/O 2019 Applicants

Postby crystallize » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:08 pm

Supercalifragilistic wrote:
crystallize wrote:
Supercalifragilistic wrote:
schocolate wrote:
RedWhite&Blonde wrote:I know we talked about bags for ASW, but are y'all thinking of carrying backpacks next year or nice purses?


I'm definitely going the backpack route


+1 think I've finally settle on a Timbuk2


Which one did you decide? I was at the Timbuk2 store over the weekend looking at their backpacks vs messenger bags


I like the Sunset Backpack. Not really a messenger bag person. http://www.timbuk2.com/sunset-backpack/ ... color=1175


Ooh i like :mrgreen:

User avatar
sfoglia

Gold
Posts: 1767
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:30 pm

Re: 0L Ladies - Female C/O 2019 Applicants

Postby sfoglia » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:34 pm

I haven't used a backpack since I was in middle school. I hate them. How does it not annoy you to have something strapped to your back like that? I feel like a ninja turtle.

Currently using Cole Haan's Palermo tote for work. If you prefer to plop your bag wherever and not have to worry about damaging it, DKNY's totes in saffiano leather are also amazing. They're both huge bags, and can easily fit a number of textbooks, plus the essentials.

User avatar
slippin_jimmy

Gold
Posts: 1958
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:15 pm

Re: 0L Ladies - Female C/O 2019 Applicants

Postby slippin_jimmy » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:40 pm

sfoglia wrote:I haven't used a backpack since I was in middle school. I hate them. How does it not annoy you to have something strapped to your back like that? I feel like a ninja turtle.

Currently using Cole Haan's Palermo tote for work. If you prefer to plop your bag wherever and not have to worry about damaging it, DKNY's totes in saffiano leather are also amazing. They're both huge bags, and can easily fit a number of textbooks, plus the essentials.


I prefer having the weight distributed more evenly. When I load up my tote too much, I don't really like carrying it anymore

User avatar
sfoglia

Gold
Posts: 1767
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:30 pm

Re: 0L Ladies - Female C/O 2019 Applicants

Postby sfoglia » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:50 pm

slippin_jimmy wrote:
sfoglia wrote:I haven't used a backpack since I was in middle school. I hate them. How does it not annoy you to have something strapped to your back like that? I feel like a ninja turtle.

Currently using Cole Haan's Palermo tote for work. If you prefer to plop your bag wherever and not have to worry about damaging it, DKNY's totes in saffiano leather are also amazing. They're both huge bags, and can easily fit a number of textbooks, plus the essentials.


I prefer having the weight distributed more evenly. When I load up my tote too much, I don't really like carrying it anymore


I always kind of sling mine toward the front of my body and anchor it with my other hand if its too full.

Maybe I have too many memories of classmates grabbing those top locker loops on other classmates backpacks while they were wearing them and sending them falling over backwards. *shudder*

Columbia has lockers, right? Which other schools have them?

User avatar
jtg21

Bronze
Posts: 212
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:53 pm

Re: 0L Ladies - Female C/O 2019 Applicants

Postby jtg21 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:53 pm

sfoglia wrote:
slippin_jimmy wrote:
sfoglia wrote:I haven't used a backpack since I was in middle school. I hate them. How does it not annoy you to have something strapped to your back like that? I feel like a ninja turtle.

Currently using Cole Haan's Palermo tote for work. If you prefer to plop your bag wherever and not have to worry about damaging it, DKNY's totes in saffiano leather are also amazing. They're both huge bags, and can easily fit a number of textbooks, plus the essentials.


I prefer having the weight distributed more evenly. When I load up my tote too much, I don't really like carrying it anymore


I always kind of sling mine toward the front of my body and anchor it with my other hand if its too full.

Maybe I have too many memories of classmates grabbing those top locker loops on other classmates backpacks while they were wearing them and sending them falling over backwards. *shudder*

Columbia has lockers, right? Which other schools have them?


Harvard does if you live off campus! :)

User avatar
CJRpnw

Bronze
Posts: 238
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:18 pm

Re: 0L Ladies - Female C/O 2019 Applicants

Postby CJRpnw » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:59 pm

sfoglia wrote:
slippin_jimmy wrote:
sfoglia wrote:I haven't used a backpack since I was in middle school. I hate them. How does it not annoy you to have something strapped to your back like that? I feel like a ninja turtle.

Currently using Cole Haan's Palermo tote for work. If you prefer to plop your bag wherever and not have to worry about damaging it, DKNY's totes in saffiano leather are also amazing. They're both huge bags, and can easily fit a number of textbooks, plus the essentials.


I prefer having the weight distributed more evenly. When I load up my tote too much, I don't really like carrying it anymore


I always kind of sling mine toward the front of my body and anchor it with my other hand if its too full.

Maybe I have too many memories of classmates grabbing those top locker loops on other classmates backpacks while they were wearing them and sending them falling over backwards. *shudder*

Columbia has lockers, right? Which other schools have them?


I remember seeing lockers at Minnesota, Indiana, and University of Washington. (It was an important part of my investigation. I need somewhere to store my snacks!)

User avatar
sfoglia

Gold
Posts: 1767
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:30 pm

Re: 0L Ladies - Female C/O 2019 Applicants

Postby sfoglia » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:16 pm

jtg21 wrote:
sfoglia wrote:[
Columbia has lockers, right? Which other schools have them?


Harvard does if you live off campus! :)



YASSSSSSSSSSS. You know that's what I was really actually wondering.

User avatar
slippin_jimmy

Gold
Posts: 1958
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:15 pm

Re: 0L Ladies - Female C/O 2019 Applicants

Postby slippin_jimmy » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:24 pm

sfoglia wrote:
jtg21 wrote:
sfoglia wrote:[
Columbia has lockers, right? Which other schools have them?


Harvard does if you live off campus! :)



YASSSSSSSSSSS. You know that's what I was really actually wondering.


They're pretty large, too, from what I remember. Which is good because we'll have to shove huge parkas in there half the time.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests