Berkeley C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How are you coping with the Berkeley wait?

I'm not because I'm flawless and already got in.
74
33%
I'm not because I'm flawless and didn't get in.
16
7%
I'm straining my eyes Netflix and chillin with a pack of Oreos.
25
11%
I may have melted under my desk and can't get up.
17
8%
I don't cope. I cry. I eat. I can't move.
16
7%
I'm hanging on the beach (or your snow igloo) enjoying the palm trees (or icicles) with little care.
3
1%
Booze. "Cope"ious amounts of booze.
22
10%
I channel my energy into getting (or staying) swole.
17
8%
My eyes, they are fastened to the rich pages of beautiful novels.
13
6%
Coping? I forgot I applied.
18
8%
 
Total votes: 221

User avatar
capricasixx
Posts: 765
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:39 pm

Re: Berkeley C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby capricasixx » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:56 pm

Dinged by email just now!

Submitted 2/1
In Review 2/8

I'm honestly glad they put me out of my misery. It's like my application was a loved one on life support who was clearly brain-dead and never going to wake up anyway.

Good luck to everyone else!

alvmew
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:18 am

Re: Berkeley C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby alvmew » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:17 pm

I was also just dinged. Disappointed, but expected.

Submitted 1/25
In Review 2/8

Best of luck to everyone that is left! (:

kitkat12
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:39 pm

Re: Berkeley C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby kitkat12 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:20 pm

Dinged as well via email.

Complete: 1/9
UR: 2/1
Decision finalized: 3/4

User avatar
frasier
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:24 am

Re: Berkeley C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby frasier » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:21 pm

alvmew wrote:I was also just dinged. Disappointed, but expected.

Submitted 1/25
In Review 2/8

Best of luck to everyone that is left! (:


I've been in review since 2/8 too... No email yet, but I've got a bad feeling now..

FWIW I'm still "Your file is under review."

sjp200
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:54 am

Re: Berkeley C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby sjp200 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:55 pm

Just got the no. UR 2/3, complete 1/11. This one hurts cause it was my #1

pandapops
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:58 pm

Re: Berkeley C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby pandapops » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:57 pm

Also dinged by email. Best of luck to everyone!

User avatar
BigTex
Posts: 125
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:49 am

Re: Berkeley C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby BigTex » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:02 pm

alvmew wrote:I was also just dinged. Disappointed, but expected.

Submitted 1/25
In Review 2/8

Best of luck to everyone that is left! (:



Same here... My exact reaction.

User avatar
JuliusCaesar
Posts: 169
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:58 pm

Re: Berkeley C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby JuliusCaesar » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:24 pm

UR1 since late January. At this point I just want to hear something.

User avatar
Cosine12
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:57 pm

Re: Berkeley C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby Cosine12 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:39 pm

Meh, also sent on the ding train today. Submitted 2/1 and went UR 2/8.

Good luck you guys!

User avatar
robertwabisabi
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:05 am

Re: Berkeley C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby robertwabisabi » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:06 pm

Dinged by email as well.
Submitted: 1/15/2016
Received: 1/19/2016
Complete: 2/4/2016
Decision: 3/4/2016

Good luck to everyone still waiting.

User avatar
shineoncrazydiamond
Posts: 403
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:29 pm

Re: Berkeley C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby shineoncrazydiamond » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:18 pm

Any others who applied on the late end (or otherwise) still waiting?

Du_Coeur
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:07 am

Re: Berkeley C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby Du_Coeur » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:08 pm

shineoncrazydiamond wrote:Any others who applied on the late end (or otherwise) still waiting?


1/15 UR still waiting. I'm starting to wonder if they've forgotten about me.

User avatar
shineoncrazydiamond
Posts: 403
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:29 pm

Re: Berkeley C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby shineoncrazydiamond » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:51 pm

Just got the acceptance email!!!! Above LSAT 75th, gpa between 25th and 50th, nontrad, Berkeley specific ps, pm me for more info. Good luck to all still waiting and check your email!!!!!! I was almost certain it would be a ding but looks like they are not done extending offers!

User avatar
miku015
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:03 am

Re: Berkeley C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby miku015 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:07 pm

shineoncrazydiamond wrote:Just got the acceptance email!!!! Above LSAT 75th, gpa between 25th and 50th, nontrad, Berkeley specific ps, pm me for more info. Good luck to all still waiting and check your email!!!!!! I was almost certain it would be a ding but looks like they are not done extending offers!


Grats! But this is hilariously sad for those of us on the WLs since they had basically lied to our faces when they said they had already offered up all the spots available.

sussiieeb
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:25 pm

Re: Berkeley C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby sussiieeb » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:04 pm

Is anyone else sitting here still waiting for a decision? I've been under review since 1/11 and I'm getting anxious!

User avatar
pterodactyls
Posts: 517
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:27 pm

Re: Berkeley C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby pterodactyls » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:05 pm


User avatar
RationalHeretic23
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:46 am

Re: Berkeley C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby RationalHeretic23 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:30 pm

pterodactyls wrote:Just gonna leave this here:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/gra ... arassment/


Wow.... What perfect timing, with Admitted Students Weekend literally starting tomorrow... I wonder how the events will be affected.

User avatar
pterodactyls
Posts: 517
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:27 pm

Re: Berkeley C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby pterodactyls » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:27 pm

RationalHeretic23 wrote:
pterodactyls wrote:Just gonna leave this here:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/gra ... arassment/


Wow.... What perfect timing, with Admitted Students Weekend literally starting tomorrow... I wonder how the events will be affected.


I wonder if they will acknowledge it or just act like everything's normal.

SemiReverseSplinter
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:02 am

Re: Berkeley C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby SemiReverseSplinter » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:27 am

pterodactyls wrote:
RationalHeretic23 wrote:
pterodactyls wrote:Just gonna leave this here:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/gra ... arassment/


Wow.... What perfect timing, with Admitted Students Weekend literally starting tomorrow... I wonder how the events will be affected.


I wonder if they will acknowledge it or just act like everything's normal.


It's absolute hypocrisy for a law school like Berkeley to respond the way it did. I expected more.

User avatar
pterodactyls
Posts: 517
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:27 pm

Re: Berkeley C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby pterodactyls » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:27 am

SemiReverseSplinter wrote:
pterodactyls wrote:
RationalHeretic23 wrote:
pterodactyls wrote:Just gonna leave this here:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/gra ... arassment/


Wow.... What perfect timing, with Admitted Students Weekend literally starting tomorrow... I wonder how the events will be affected.


I wonder if they will acknowledge it or just act like everything's normal.


It's absolute hypocrisy for a law school like Berkeley to respond the way it did. I expected more.


Absolutely, what a terrible judgment call. Whoever decided to sweep it under the rug and cut the dean's pay by 10% instead of firing him should lose their job as well.

I mean, even if you're a terrible person with no ethics or morals, it's still a bad call. They avoided firing him so they wouldn't lose his future career prospects. Well, now he lost his future career prospects and the school damaged its reputation. One of those could have been avoided. Did they really expect that the woman who was harassed would be happy with that and just keep it a secret for the rest of her life?

User avatar
180kickflip
Posts: 377
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:45 pm

Re: Berkeley C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby 180kickflip » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:22 pm

I wonder if they're still have the minority brunch thing at his house on Sunday =/

sjp200
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:54 am

Re: Berkeley C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby sjp200 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:24 pm

My only straight up rejection came from here. And now, it hurts much less.

User avatar
pterodactyls
Posts: 517
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:27 pm

Re: Berkeley C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby pterodactyls » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:25 pm

180kickflip wrote:I wonder if they're still have the minority brunch thing at his house on Sunday =/


Somebody in the Class o' 19 thread said they got an email that the brunch was moved to an alternate location.

sussiieeb
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:25 pm

Re: Berkeley C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby sussiieeb » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:28 pm

The Dean has officially resigned.

User avatar
hammocklv06
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:18 pm

Re: Berkeley C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby hammocklv06 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:01 pm

sjp200 wrote:My only straight up rejection came from here. And now, it hurts much less.

Exact same here. Now, even if I had been admitted, I would likely choose not to attend.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests