Georgetown C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How are you feeling?

I'm going here
10
16%
I don't know if I'm going here
28
46%
I'm not going here
23
38%
 
Total votes: 61

dayanam
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:29 am

Re: Georgetown C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby dayanam » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:16 pm

Anonnonnon wrote:
dayanam wrote:I don't have any info as to when my application was completed. It just says application complete. But there are no status changes and no URs either... anyone in the same boat??

Georgetown doesn't really update their status checker. You'll find out your status via email (wait list/rejection) or snailmail/phone call (acceptance) . Or, you can obsessively check your status on the ASW. If you're accepted, you'll be able to generate a login. If you have been wait listed, denied, or have not been decided upon yet, you won't be able to generate a login


Thank you for letting me know! Do you think they'll answer by the end of April?

Anonnonnon
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:43 pm

Re: Georgetown C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby Anonnonnon » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:21 pm

dayanam wrote:
Anonnonnon wrote:
dayanam wrote:I don't have any info as to when my application was completed. It just says application complete. But there are no status changes and no URs either... anyone in the same boat??

Georgetown doesn't really update their status checker. You'll find out your status via email (wait list/rejection) or snailmail/phone call (acceptance) . Or, you can obsessively check your status on the ASW. If you're accepted, you'll be able to generate a login. If you have been wait listed, denied, or have not been decided upon yet, you won't be able to generate a login


Thank you for letting me know! Do you think they'll answer by the end of April?


I'm fairly certain of it. Georgetown likes to have its first deposits in by the first week of May (so that they can get a better idea of their class, and how they need to pull from their wait list). If you don't hear back by the end of April, I'd be highly surprised. Not to mention, they send out wait list feeler emails at the end of April

dayanam
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:29 am

Re: Georgetown C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby dayanam » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:25 pm

Anonnonnon wrote:
dayanam wrote:
Anonnonnon wrote:
dayanam wrote:I don't have any info as to when my application was completed. It just says application complete. But there are no status changes and no URs either... anyone in the same boat??

Georgetown doesn't really update their status checker. You'll find out your status via email (wait list/rejection) or snailmail/phone call (acceptance) . Or, you can obsessively check your status on the ASW. If you're accepted, you'll be able to generate a login. If you have been wait listed, denied, or have not been decided upon yet, you won't be able to generate a login


Thank you for letting me know! Do you think they'll answer by the end of April?


I'm fairly certain of it. Georgetown likes to have its first deposits in by the first week of May (so that they can get a better idea of their class, and how they need to pull from their wait list). If you don't hear back by the end of April, I'd be highly surprised. Not to mention, they send out wait list feeler emails at the end of April


Okay just 3 more weeks to go :)

crcjrdexter
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 6:06 pm

Re: Georgetown C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby crcjrdexter » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:47 am

Just wondering-- are you in danger of losing merit scholarship $$ if you double deposit?

I think the answer is no, but would like to hear what others think. I'm just not ready to 100% commit.

User avatar
Antonplus
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:06 am

Re: Georgetown C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby Antonplus » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:30 am

But I don't understand...? People have apparently received offers and waitlist and dings, so what of us, those who have heard nothing so far?
Like what's the logic behind this
Like "we don't want you in, but we don't want you out, and we don't want you in the waitlist either"

raven1231
Posts: 145
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:48 am

Re: Georgetown C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby raven1231 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:41 am

Antonplus wrote:But I don't understand...? People have apparently received offers and waitlist and dings, so what of us, those who have heard nothing so far?
Like what's the logic behind this
Like "we don't want you in, but we don't want you out, and we don't want you in the waitlist either"

They are likely behind and still safely haven't gotten to your application. I am in a similar situation at ND.

AfrocentricAsian
Posts: 335
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:49 pm

Re: Georgetown C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby AfrocentricAsian » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:40 am

raven1231 wrote:
Antonplus wrote:But I don't understand...? People have apparently received offers and waitlist and dings, so what of us, those who have heard nothing so far?
Like what's the logic behind this
Like "we don't want you in, but we don't want you out, and we don't want you in the waitlist either"

They are likely behind and still safely haven't gotten to your application. I am in a similar situation at ND.

Not too sure about this. There have been people who submitted the same week as me that have gotten decisions. People who've submitted after me have gotten decisions as well. Lol.

raven1231
Posts: 145
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:48 am

Re: Georgetown C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby raven1231 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:47 am

AfrocentricAsian wrote:
raven1231 wrote:
Antonplus wrote:But I don't understand...? People have apparently received offers and waitlist and dings, so what of us, those who have heard nothing so far?
Like what's the logic behind this
Like "we don't want you in, but we don't want you out, and we don't want you in the waitlist either"

They are likely behind and still safely haven't gotten to your application. I am in a similar situation at ND.

Not too sure about this. There have been people who submitted the same week as me that have gotten decisions. People who've submitted after me have gotten decisions as well. Lol.

I realize that but I think certain applications take precedent depending on what they're looking for.

AfrocentricAsian
Posts: 335
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:49 pm

Re: Georgetown C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby AfrocentricAsian » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:21 am

raven1231 wrote:
AfrocentricAsian wrote:
raven1231 wrote:
Antonplus wrote:But I don't understand...? People have apparently received offers and waitlist and dings, so what of us, those who have heard nothing so far?
Like what's the logic behind this
Like "we don't want you in, but we don't want you out, and we don't want you in the waitlist either"

They are likely behind and still safely haven't gotten to your application. I am in a similar situation at ND.

Not too sure about this. There have been people who submitted the same week as me that have gotten decisions. People who've submitted after me have gotten decisions as well. Lol.

I realize that but I think certain applications take precedent depending on what they're looking for.

I think if your professors got the form email then they have at least looked at your app

User avatar
conztance
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:27 am

Re: Georgetown C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby conztance » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:01 pm

AfrocentricAsian wrote:
I think if your professors got the form email then they have at least looked at your app

Form email?

User avatar
Shib26
Posts: 264
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:03 pm

Re: Georgetown C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby Shib26 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:04 pm

It's now been over 3 weeks since I interviewed. I know that's not as long as others have been waiting but I'm quickly running out of optimism and expecting a Friday ding/waitlist email today.

Alive97
Posts: 331
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:26 pm

Re: Georgetown C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby Alive97 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:31 pm

Antonplus wrote:But I don't understand...? People have apparently received offers and waitlist and dings, so what of us, those who have heard nothing so far?
Like what's the logic behind this
Like "we don't want you in, but we don't want you out, and we don't want you in the waitlist either"


This reads as a little dramatic considering we haven't reached their first deposit deadline yet. "I want to have heard by now therefore there's no logic to Georgetown's process."

Anonnonnon
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:43 pm

Re: Georgetown C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby Anonnonnon » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:21 pm

To all those worried that not hearing back means a wait list/ding at this point - keep your hope! It's still weeks away from what GULC considers their first deposit deadline in May. Wait list feeler emails still have not been sent out either. If you have not heard back yet that's not good, nor is it bad. It just is. Just stay hopeful. For what it's worth, I've heard around the grapevine multiple times that Georgetown has Friday as their big decision days.

Good luck to all who are still waiting

User avatar
Shib26
Posts: 264
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:03 pm

Re: Georgetown C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby Shib26 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:42 pm

Shib26 wrote:It's now been over 3 weeks since I interviewed. I know that's not as long as others have been waiting but I'm quickly running out of optimism and expecting a Friday ding/waitlist email today.


And as predicted - preferred waitlist.

Would obviously have preferred an acceptance but this is a good outcome with my numbers. I'll definitely plan on riding it out, for a while anyway.

osgiliath
Posts: 133
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 12:28 am

Re: Georgetown C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby osgiliath » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:17 pm

Shib26 wrote:
Shib26 wrote:It's now been over 3 weeks since I interviewed. I know that's not as long as others have been waiting but I'm quickly running out of optimism and expecting a Friday ding/waitlist email today.


And as predicted - preferred waitlist.

Would obviously have preferred an acceptance but this is a good outcome with my numbers. I'll definitely plan on riding it out, for a while anyway.


God damnit me too. Pref wl today, part time

User avatar
GnosisExchange
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:02 pm

Re: Georgetown C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby GnosisExchange » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:25 pm

Post removed.

P.S. Good luck to everyone on the waitlist! I have my fingers crossed for you.
Last edited by GnosisExchange on Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SD619
Posts: 197
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:51 pm

Re: Georgetown C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby SD619 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:19 am

I was in the alternate pool for merit aid.

Does anyone know when GULC will let us know if we get money?

I can't go here at full sticker.

gazorpazorp
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:42 am

Re: Georgetown C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby gazorpazorp » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:01 pm

.
Last edited by gazorpazorp on Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
GnosisExchange
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:02 pm

Re: Georgetown C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby GnosisExchange » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:46 am

Post removed.
Last edited by GnosisExchange on Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
conztance
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:27 am

Re: Georgetown C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby conztance » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:19 pm

osgiliath wrote:
Shib26 wrote:
Shib26 wrote:It's now been over 3 weeks since I interviewed. I know that's not as long as others have been waiting but I'm quickly running out of optimism and expecting a Friday ding/waitlist email today.


And as predicted - preferred waitlist.

Would obviously have preferred an acceptance but this is a good outcome with my numbers. I'll definitely plan on riding it out, for a while anyway.


God damnit me too. Pref wl today, part time


So many waitlists. About time to start a thread so we can all commiserate together?

User avatar
Shib26
Posts: 264
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:03 pm

Re: Georgetown C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby Shib26 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:38 pm

conztance wrote:
osgiliath wrote:
Shib26 wrote:
Shib26 wrote:It's now been over 3 weeks since I interviewed. I know that's not as long as others have been waiting but I'm quickly running out of optimism and expecting a Friday ding/waitlist email today.


And as predicted - preferred waitlist.

Would obviously have preferred an acceptance but this is a good outcome with my numbers. I'll definitely plan on riding it out, for a while anyway.


God damnit me too. Pref wl today, part time


So many waitlists. About time to start a thread so we can all commiserate together?


Might not be a bad idea, there are a lot of us.

ih8makingscreennames
Posts: 173
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:34 pm

Re: Georgetown C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby ih8makingscreennames » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:38 pm

SD619 wrote:I was in the alternate pool for merit aid.

Does anyone know when GULC will let us know if we get money?

I can't go here at full sticker.


My email said by the 22nd. I promptly withdrew because my NYU was the 21st and so I interpreted that as them being purposefully rude.

Anonnonnon
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:43 pm

Re: Georgetown C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby Anonnonnon » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:09 pm

Shib26 wrote:
conztance wrote:
osgiliath wrote:
Shib26 wrote:
Shib26 wrote:It's now been over 3 weeks since I interviewed. I know that's not as long as others have been waiting but I'm quickly running out of optimism and expecting a Friday ding/waitlist email today.


And as predicted - preferred waitlist.

Would obviously have preferred an acceptance but this is a good outcome with my numbers. I'll definitely plan on riding it out, for a while anyway.


God damnit me too. Pref wl today, part time


So many waitlists. About time to start a thread so we can all commiserate together?


Might not be a bad idea, there are a lot of us.


I found it! With love and friendship, we can make it through this

HERE!

SD619
Posts: 197
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:51 pm

Re: Georgetown C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby SD619 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:27 pm

ih8makingscreennames wrote:
SD619 wrote:I was in the alternate pool for merit aid.

Does anyone know when GULC will let us know if we get money?

I can't go here at full sticker.


My email said by the 22nd. I promptly withdrew because my NYU was the 21st and so I interpreted that as them being purposefully rude.


Awesome. Thanks for the reply.

DebtIsAmyth
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:10 pm

Re: Georgetown C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby DebtIsAmyth » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:06 pm

Has anyone that applied with this years Feb Lsat received a decision yet?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: chrysippusofsoli, Jack_Kelly, Tavorak and 14 guests