Georgetown C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How are you feeling?

I'm going here
10
16%
I don't know if I'm going here
28
46%
I'm not going here
23
38%
 
Total votes: 61

SruthiNamburi
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:45 am

Re: Georgetown C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby SruthiNamburi » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:26 am

Preferred waiting list on 3/4 without interview. Withdrawn from it on 3/15. Good luck to everyone waiting on Georgetown!

ProductofUnreality
Posts: 425
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:29 pm

Re: Georgetown C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby ProductofUnreality » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:00 pm

Dinged. Not surprised considering I applied at the end of January. Not too bummed since I've already decided to reapply next cycle anyway.

Good luck everyone, it's been fun!

User avatar
Shib26
Posts: 265
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:03 pm

Re: Georgetown C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby Shib26 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:33 pm

ProductofUnreality wrote:Dinged. Not surprised considering I applied at the end of January. Not too bummed since I've already decided to reapply next cycle anyway.

Good luck everyone, it's been fun!


Sorry to hear that. Did you get the email today, or was it part of the wave yesterday? Also, did you interview?

Good luck next year!

ProductofUnreality
Posts: 425
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:29 pm

Re: Georgetown C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby ProductofUnreality » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:37 pm

Shib26 wrote:
ProductofUnreality wrote:Dinged. Not surprised considering I applied at the end of January. Not too bummed since I've already decided to reapply next cycle anyway.

Good luck everyone, it's been fun!


Sorry to hear that. Did you get the email today, or was it part of the wave yesterday? Also, did you interview?

Good luck next year!


Yesterday or two days ago. Yeah I interviewed and I don't think it went well. It wasn't horrible but I didn't feel good about it afterwards at all.

IdiotWind
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:15 pm

Re: Georgetown C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby IdiotWind » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:33 pm

Anyone who's been accepted still waiting on merit financial aid info? I'm getting anxious with deadlines for other schools that are coming up...

osgiliath
Posts: 133
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 12:28 am

Re: Georgetown C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby osgiliath » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:45 pm

Anyone Part Timers hear back yet? I applied PT around March 15, still waiting for any signs of life.

User avatar
OtterLaw
Posts: 616
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:50 pm

Re: Georgetown C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby OtterLaw » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:52 pm

IdiotWind wrote:Anyone who's been accepted still waiting on merit financial aid info? I'm getting anxious with deadlines for other schools that are coming up...


I emailed them last Monday about merit aid. They responded with a "give us an idea of what you're thinking" email on Wednesday and nothing since.

qpwoeiruty
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:32 pm

Re: Georgetown C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby qpwoeiruty » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:37 pm

osgiliath wrote:Anyone Part Timers hear back yet? I applied PT around March 15, still waiting for any signs of life.


IdiotWind wrote:Anyone who's been accepted still waiting on merit financial aid info? I'm getting anxious with deadlines for other schools that are coming up...


I applied PT on March 1, which I believed was the deadline. I was accepted 3/14 but have not heard anything about scholarships. They were mighty fast in "awarding" me $66,000 in loans, though.

I've mentally written it off and if I don't hear anything further, won't be attending.

BSD
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:20 am

Re: Georgetown C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby BSD » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:48 pm

Has anyone who was put in the pool of "Scholarship Alternates" received an offer yet?

osgiliath
Posts: 133
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 12:28 am

Re: Georgetown C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby osgiliath » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:51 pm

qpwoeiruty wrote:
osgiliath wrote:Anyone Part Timers hear back yet? I applied PT around March 15, still waiting for any signs of life.


IdiotWind wrote:Anyone who's been accepted still waiting on merit financial aid info? I'm getting anxious with deadlines for other schools that are coming up...


I applied PT on March 1, which I believed was the deadline. I was accepted 3/14 but have not heard anything about scholarships. They were mighty fast in "awarding" me $66,000 in loans, though.

I've mentally written it off and if I don't hear anything further, won't be attending.



Thanks, did you interview?

osgiliath
Posts: 133
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 12:28 am

Re: Georgetown C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby osgiliath » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:56 pm

Anyone know what it means when your Recommender receives a neutral, boilerplate thank you email from Dean Cornblatt about the importance of the LOR in the application process? My application went complete weeks ago but my recommender just forwarded me the "thank you" email he received just 2 hours ago. Does this just mean they are starting to review my app now?




hayleylaurel wrote:
Alive97 wrote:
hayleylaurel wrote:
Alive97 wrote:Monday and Wesnesday acceptances via ASW. Friday wait list/dings by email :idea: :idea: :lol:


Is this confirmed somehow or just a pattern across TLS?


Seemed to be a pretty strong TLS pattern although if the uh above got his email today then who knows.



I'm done trying to figure it all out lol. I've just resigned myself to the will of law school admissions gods.

cj346
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:17 pm

Re: Georgetown C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby cj346 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:44 pm

Dinged on Friday. Not surprising given my stats and no interview, still disappointing though.

qpwoeiruty
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:32 pm

Re: Georgetown C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby qpwoeiruty » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:08 pm

osgiliath wrote:
qpwoeiruty wrote:
osgiliath wrote:Anyone Part Timers hear back yet? I applied PT around March 15, still waiting for any signs of life.


IdiotWind wrote:Anyone who's been accepted still waiting on merit financial aid info? I'm getting anxious with deadlines for other schools that are coming up...


I applied PT on March 1, which I believed was the deadline. I was accepted 3/14 but have not heard anything about scholarships. They were mighty fast in "awarding" me $66,000 in loans, though.

I've mentally written it off and if I don't hear anything further, won't be attending.



Thanks, did you interview?


Nope, no interview.

User avatar
conztance
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:27 am

Re: Georgetown C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby conztance » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:23 pm

Complete since Jan. This wait is too much. I'm going insane.

We will hear before the end of the month, right?

Anonnonnon
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:43 pm

Re: Georgetown C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby Anonnonnon » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:20 pm

conztance wrote:Complete since Jan. This wait is too much. I'm going insane.

We will hear before the end of the month, right?


You will certainly hear back by the end of April - because that's when they start looking at Wait listed students and seat deposits are due.

run4fun
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:32 am

Re: Georgetown C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby run4fun » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:43 am

osgiliath wrote:Anyone Part Timers hear back yet? I applied PT around March 15, still waiting for any signs of life.


I'm PT. I applied in January, was regular waitlisted in March. I called the financial aid office to inquire about merit scholarships and financial aid but I was told PT students aren't eligible for either. I think it's ridiculous, the reason I'm going PT is because I can't afford to go full time. What sane person is willing to put themselves through four years of hell willingly?

User avatar
OLitch
Posts: 261
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:53 pm

Re: Georgetown C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby OLitch » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:56 am

run4fun wrote:
osgiliath wrote:Anyone Part Timers hear back yet? I applied PT around March 15, still waiting for any signs of life.


I'm PT. I applied in January, was regular waitlisted in March. I called the financial aid office to inquire about merit scholarships and financial aid but I was told PT students aren't eligible for either. I think it's ridiculous, the reason I'm going PT is because I can't afford to go full time. What sane person is willing to put themselves through four years of hell willingly?


This is wrong!

I'm PT and I received a merit scholarship. PT is not eligible for financial aid. GULC assumes that you can work at least part time to help pay for LS if you are a PT student.

PT isn't a way to save money. Sure, tuition is cheaper, but you are still paying for living expenses for an additional year while your FT peers are earning a paycheck.

PT is a way for working students or students with other obligations to receive an education.

If you are interested in learning about how to negotiate for merit or help with ideas on how to find outside finding, PM me.

qpwoeiruty
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:32 pm

Re: Georgetown C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby qpwoeiruty » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:39 am

OLitch wrote:
run4fun wrote:
osgiliath wrote:Anyone Part Timers hear back yet? I applied PT around March 15, still waiting for any signs of life.


I'm PT. I applied in January, was regular waitlisted in March. I called the financial aid office to inquire about merit scholarships and financial aid but I was told PT students aren't eligible for either. I think it's ridiculous, the reason I'm going PT is because I can't afford to go full time. What sane person is willing to put themselves through four years of hell willingly?


This is wrong!

I'm PT and I received a merit scholarship. PT is not eligible for financial aid. GULC assumes that you can work at least part time to help pay for LS if you are a PT student.


I'm PT and received financial aid in the form of Federal Stafford loans. Sounds like GULC has no idea what it's doing.

lawschool0070
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:44 am

Re: Georgetown C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby lawschool0070 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:11 pm

STILL havent heard back

User avatar
conztance
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:27 am

Re: Georgetown C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby conztance » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:18 pm

lawschool0070 wrote:STILL havent heard back


Same. It is driving me insane. I mean how are we supposed to focus on real life while our future hangs in the balance?

#stresssssedd

lawschool0070
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:44 am

Re: Georgetown C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby lawschool0070 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:44 pm

conztance wrote:
lawschool0070 wrote:STILL havent heard back


Same. It is driving me insane. I mean how are we supposed to focus on real life while our future hangs in the balance?

#stresssssedd



How are we supposed to plan our future when seat deposits are April 1, 15, 30. And Georgetown isn't responding?!

lawschool0070
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:44 am

Re: Georgetown C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby lawschool0070 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:51 pm

When is the first seat deposit deadline. Its April 7, and I haven't heard anything. Applied 1/10

mollymolly247
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:08 pm

Re: Georgetown C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby mollymolly247 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:00 pm

Do acceptances come through email, or is it just by letter?

buggiebug
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:25 pm

Re: Georgetown C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby buggiebug » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:15 pm

Went to the group interview in NYC today and now I really want to go to Georgetown! hope I hear something soon!

qpwoeiruty
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:32 pm

Re: Georgetown C/O 2019 Applicants (2015-2016)

Postby qpwoeiruty » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:02 pm

mollymolly247 wrote:Do acceptances come through email, or is it just by letter?


I received a physical letter first, then an email a few days later.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”